Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Guy Walks On Water - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Guy Walks On Water (5666 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor Eaten By 3 Crocodiles While Trying To Walk On Water Like Jesus / Prophet Walks On Air / Pastor Walks On Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
luvmijeje:
Atheists in panic mode.
Hahahahahahaha,
That was very funny yet so on point. grin grin

They choose not to believe in the supernatural denying the very existence of God but their belief is so immaterial cos God exists and controls their own very existence.
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 10, 2017
Sincere4u:

Hahahahahahaha,

They choose not to believe in the supernatural denying the very existence of God but their belief is so immaterial cos God exists and controls their own very existence.
Ayam dead.
Proof of the bold
Re: Guy Walks On Water by obinna58(m): 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
Sincere4u:

What i have just told you are in history and i have watched documentaries.
You are getting it very twisted.
Simple basic chemistry of mixing two colourless liquids to produce coloured mixture were once used as magical arts and i have watched documentaries of such.
They were things considered impossible at the time by the viewers and that falls into the definition of magic.
You obviously have a one sided understanding of what magic means and i need to refer you to your dictionary. Police might not be your friend but the dictionary certainly is.

Your definition of magic:
Magic is the power to make impossible(again impossible) things happen by saying special words or doing special actions.

Full definition of magic;
1. The use of rituals or actions, especially based on supernatural or occult knowledge, to manipulate or obtain information about the natural world, especially when seen as falling outside the realm of religion; also the forces allegedly drawn on for such practices. [from 14th c.] ▼ show
2. A specific ritual or procedure associated with supernatural magic or with mysticism; a spell. [from 14th c.]
3. Something producing remarkable results, especially when not fully understood; an enchanting quality; exceptional skill. [from 17th c.]
4. A conjuring trick or illusion performed to give the appearance of supernatural phenomena or powers. [from 19th c.]
5. A specific kind of special power or ability.

The parts you are absolutely ignorant of:
No. 3&4

according to No.3 magic is more or less seen to be so in the eyes of spectators. The art/truck is normally well understood by the magicians. The scientists performing the arts then understood the chemical or physical principles but the viewers didn't have an idea and that is what makes it magical to them.
When you add that to No.4, you get a clearer picture of what magic means.
mere tricks also pass for magic cos the viewers see it in that light.
SO MAGIC EXISTS AND STOP ARGUING BLINDLY

That should be enough for now cos I have since achieved the aim for creating this thread.
Thanks for your time and have a blessed day, friend. wink
Alright I used a simple term of magic definition never know u could go that far though but all the same we all learned.

Hope u were able to see the guy used magic on u those who were unable to understood the process, (should i say u and ur crews alone) as ur magic definition applied grin
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 10, 2017
Real magic based on simple basic physics and chemistry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOqdp9T-gXo?t=49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQx5Be9g16U?t=14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v-TBoIlr5s?t=96

Conclusively, Physics and chemistry still playing their roles in magical displays to this day since ancient times.
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 10, 2017
obinna58:

Alright I used a simple term of magic definition never know u could go that far though but all the same we all learned.

Hope u were able to see the guy used magic on u those who were unable to understood the process, (should i say u and ur crews alone) as ur magic definition applied grin

My friends were top rated science students and now practicing in various top rated scientific disciplines. Their reasoning is way and above what you think and that is why i knew your explanations can't prove anything to them. I understand where the actual cover ups are and has found grounds to counter it.
They didn't spend the time i spent reviewing the video as i did else they would've figured out what i noticed myself.
I wasn't fooled otherwise i wouldn't be looking for grounds to debunk the magic man's display.
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
adepeter26:

Ayam dead.
Proof of the bold

1 Like

Re: Guy Walks On Water by oaroloye(m): 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2017
SHALOM!

Sincere4u:
It's a shame i couldn't upload the video even after cutting it into three parts with each part much less than 4mb.

In future, just post the LINK to the video on YOUTUBE.

If it is not on YOUTUBE, upload it THERE.

That is what YOUTUBE is FOR.
Re: Guy Walks On Water by oaroloye(m): 3:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
SHALOM!

Sincere4u:
Last time i knew someone walked on water was over 2,000years ago according to scholars and as detailed in my Bible.

The last time anyone walked on water that I heard of was during the 1965 Revival in INDONESIA.

Three Brethren were Commanded to go to a certain village to preach The Gospel.

When they got there, they found that the river was in flood, and the way was impassable until after the Monsoon Season.

Unbelievers from the last village came to mock and jeer and these "crazy Christian fools," whose God sent them on a Fool's Errand.

One of the Brethren reasoned thusly:

"GOD told us to go to the village- so He must have known that the river crossing was in flood- so He knows what He is doing...!"

He stepped into the river, and he sank up to his ankles, then stopped.

The other Brethren asked in alarm:

"What are you doing?"

He replied,

"I don't know how, but it seems like I can feel the bottom-!"

One of the other Brethren told the other:

"God is moving!"

They took up their stuff, and walked into the raging river, and crossed together.

The Unbelievers were indignant.

"They must have found a submerged log, or a sandbank, or something!"

They charged into the river behind them- and nearly drowned!

[See: LIKE A MIGHTY WIND, by Mel Tari.]

Just last night someone sent me a video in which I watched a guy walking on water!.
The people around him were just as amazed as I was or were they pretending?. I can't tell.
As i watched i noticed the video was shot with demonstrations that trashed reasonable grounds for doubts and arguments.
Sent it to a number of friends who couldn't explain it.
I believe someone in this forum may've come across this before and could debunk it. For that reason i decided to upload it here.
Still have it at the back of my mind this could be a mega trick from a movie or do we believe this guy actually walked on water like Christ did?.

The standard way to do this trick- and it is a trick- is to have a sheet of PERSPEX GLASS- which is very durable- just beneath the surface of the water.

The Refractive index is such that it cannot be seen in the water.

The trickster walks on THAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dycpIPTFJ04&t=10s

It is elementary.

Everyone present is in on the trick, of course, and just pretend to be mystified.

A man named CHRIS ANGEL has done this trick on a video" "MINDFREAK," that has been sold on the street..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydk0EnUbnjk
Re: Guy Walks On Water by oaroloye(m): 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2017
Sincere4u:

He wasn't walking on glass.

How do you know that?
Re: Guy Walks On Water by oaroloye(m): 3:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
SHALOM!

Sincere4u:
It's a shame i couldn't upload the video even after cutting it into three parts with each part much less than 4mb.

What nonsense is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIsnWATDHw4

Is this not your video?

There are three separate sheets, and he carefully dropped stuff twice, to let us know that there was no glass in front of him AT THOSE POINTS.

He could not depart from that straight line, because even he could not see where he was going.

It is a very cheap trick, easily understood by those who have had exposure to basic Science.
Re: Guy Walks On Water by luvmijeje(f): 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2017
Sincere4u:

Hahahahahahaha,

Leave them. I'm sure one them will soon testify to his existence.

3 Likes

Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
These were ya words on this thread
Sincere4u:
You are making it look like we are arguing about this. What i wanted were reasons to disprove this guy's art and i've been able to figure something out.
Àbí you done change am to argument?
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

What nonsense is that?

What nonsense were you referring to exactly?.

oaroloye:

Is this not your video?

There are three separate sheets, and he carefully dropped stuff twice, to let us know that there was no glass in front of him AT THOSE POINTS.

He could not depart from that straight line, because even he could not see where he was going.

[s]It is a very cheap trick, easily understood by those who have had exposure to basic Science[/s].

What you should've said is those who are familiar with modern magic not having exposure to basic science.

The guy really sealed it beyond what you think.
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 10, 2017
adepeter26:
These were ya words on this thread

Àbí you done change am to argument?
lol,
He was actually arguing in confusion at that point which became more glaring with his subsequent comments before you came on board.
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

In future, just post the LINK to the video on YOUTUBE.

If it is not on YOUTUBE, upload it THERE.

That is what YOUTUBE is FOR.
That i already posted more than two videos here from YouTube makes your first comment irrelevant.
Thanks anyway.
Shalom
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

The last time anyone walked on water that I heard of was during the 1965 Revival in INDONESIA.

Three Brethren were Commanded to go to a certain village to preach The Gospel.

When they got there, they found that the river was in flood, and the way was impassable until after the Monsoon Season.

Unbelievers from the last village came to mock and jeer and these "crazy Christian fools," whose God sent them on a Fool's Errand.

One of the Brethren reasoned thusly:

"GOD told us to go to the village- so He must have known that the river crossing was in flood- so He knows what He is doing...!"

He stepped into the river, and he sank up to his ankles, then stopped.

The other Brethren asked in alarm:

"What are you doing?"

He replied,

"I don't know how, but it seems like I can feel the bottom-!"

One of the other Brethren told the other:

"God is moving!"

They took up their stuff, and walked into the raging river, and crossed together.

The Unbelievers were indignant.

"They must have found a submerged log, or a sandbank, or something!"

They charged into the river behind them- and nearly drowned!

[See: LIKE A MIGHTY WIND, by Mel Tari.]

This is one very remarkable contribution you have made here and it's highly appreciated.(Just forget about the others).
If nothing else it do further drive home the point to Atheists that there is God, not only that, but that supernatural events are still happening to this day,
Kudos to you for this.

oaroloye:

The standard way to do this trick- and it is a trick- is to have a sheet of PERSPEX GLASS- which is very durable- just beneath the surface of the water.

The Refractive index is such that it cannot be seen in the water.

The trickster walks on THAT.

Bro thank you for your attempt. I appreciate your efforts and time.
This your explanation goes to show you didn't understand the crux of the matter. It's way too elementary and satisfies the one done by the mask magician alone.
The previous guy did much better yet didn't give me what i was looking for.
The good thing about him is that he made me go to YouTube from where i finally got what i needed after carefully analyzing some other magicians trick.
I am quite done with this now so don't take me back.

Since you know the video i was referring to, one great impact you do make in all of these is if you can find any clip explaining that particular trick and not the mask magician's own. His own was a ruse quite easy to detect and matches your elementary explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dycpIPTFJ04&t=10s

oaroloye:

It is elementary.

Everyone present is in on the trick, of course, and just pretend to be mystified.

A man named CHRIS ANGEL has done this trick on a video" "MINDFREAK," that has been sold on the street..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydk0EnUbnjk

Most of the people in the pool if not all were part of the game but i don't think it's everyone present. Couple of videos i have watched since yesterday made that clear.
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
oaroloye:

How do you know that?

That was exactly what the guy worked at proving and did so well in that. That remained my candid opinion till i was able to figure out his charade entirely by myself and not by the elementary descriptions you guys have been giving me.
That is not to say i don't appreciate your contributions. You guys tried.
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 10, 2017
Below is another Magic that left me thrilled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N7sgkff3Ms?t=10
Re: Guy Walks On Water by plappville(f): 11:56pm On Apr 10, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

What nonsense is that?

Is this not your video?

It is a very cheap trick, easily understood by those who have had exposure to basic Science.

1 Like

Re: Guy Walks On Water by plappville(f): 12:01am On Apr 11, 2017
luvmijeje:

Leave them. I'm sure one them will soon testify to his existence.

Exactly!
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 5:05am On Apr 11, 2017
Have been following this thread from the beginning.
It got funny at a point going by earlier arguments.
From the videos i have watched,
The mask magicians trick was so cheap that at first view anybody with or without knowledge of whatever level of science could detect he walked on something transparent like glass. His was elementary

Criss Angel took it to another level in trying to prove he wasn't walking on any glass. His was a step above the mask magicians trick and it was very very obvious in the way he had to walk.

This third guy really killed it. He not only walked like Criss Angel , there is something unique about what he walked on that allowed someone pass his hands in between his feet in particular as he groped.
It takes a good observer to tell the difference but i must tell you, anyone that isn't familiar with this trick but watched that performed by the third guy will BE DUMBFOUNDED.

There were advancements in this trick from the mask magician and all those before him TO Criss Angel and then TO the third guy. That third guy really killed it and any newbie to this show will be totally amazed if he had to start from his trick. Anybody used to this trick who failed to spot the difference or understand what that guy did either didn't watch it or is very poor in observation.
Re: Guy Walks On Water by plappville(f): 6:03am On Apr 11, 2017
anyone who want to prove he/she can walk on water should do that in the ocean or Mediterranean Sea. Christ Jesus didn't walk on a shallow pool. This is fake trick. Am glad they cant prove a thing. But fool some people out there smiley

1 Like

Re: Guy Walks On Water by oaroloye(m): 8:44am On Apr 11, 2017
SHALOM!

Sincere4u:

What nonsense were you referring to exactly?.

I meant the idea that you had to upload the whole video for us to see it.

These things should be common knowledge explained to all of us at the outset.

There must be hours of videos people wanted us to see, but couldn't show us, because they thought uploading them was the only way.

What you should've said is those who are familiar with modern magic not having exposure to basic science.

The guy really sealed it beyond what you think.

The Mind needs access to Memories of BASIC FACTS OF REALITY, in order to create FUNDAMENTAL THOUGHTS.

These FUNDAMENTAL THOUGHTS can be REARRANGED IN THE MIND to create NEW INVENTIONS, and to UNDERSTAND ANYTHING NEW that one perceives.

It is the JOB of SCHOOLS to TEACH US ALL Fundamental Thoughts, so that we can Understand Reality.

Our School System has been DELIBERATELY SABOTAGED, so that we cannot understand even simple things like this.

So as to protect Oyinbo Dominance over us.

TRAITORS in RELIGION and EDUCATION have COOPERATED to make that happen.

That is why no one understands my Topics.
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 11, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

I meant the idea that you had to upload the whole video for us to see it.

These things should be common knowledge explained to all of us at the outset.

There must be hours of videos people wanted us to see, but couldn't show us, because they thought uploading them was the only way.

I don't want to go into details of what nonsense means and when it's to be used. I don't want to hurt.

oaroloye:

The Mind needs access to Memories of BASIC FACTS OF REALITY, in order to create FUNDAMENTAL THOUGHTS.

These FUNDAMENTAL THOUGHTS can be REARRANGED IN THE MIND to create NEW INVENTIONS, and to UNDERSTAND ANYTHING NEW that one perceives.

It is the JOB of SCHOOLS to TEACH US ALL Fundamental Thoughts, so that we can Understand Reality.

Our School System has been DELIBERATELY SABOTAGED, so that we cannot understand even simple things like this.

So as to protect Oyinbo Dominance over us.

TRAITORS in RELIGION and EDUCATION have COOPERATED to make that happen.

That is why no one understands my Topics.

Bro if no one understands you, it's one thing but where i don't understand you means there is a problem somewhere. This write up is obviously irrelevant to what we are discussing.
On the other hand i think there is a whole new message you are trying to pass across. I am not sure i have time for this but i want to be as nice as one can be .

Discuss the following headings, if you can, in details: See each as a topic.

1. Our School System has been DELIBERATELY SABOTAGED, to protect Oyinbo Dominance over us.
2. TRAITORS in RELIGION and EDUCATION.

I am not guaranteeing i will respond but just want to have you air your opinions on my thread. I will read them, that's what i guarantee.
Having achieved the reason for this topic, i believe whatever you have to tell will be a good digression. If you don't have anything to say on those two topics, it's still ok but if you do, feel free. I will neither antagonize nor ridicule whatever you have to state.
Have a nice day.

Shalom.
Re: Guy Walks On Water by GoodMuyis(m): 10:22pm On Apr 11, 2017
If The Guys is walking on a glass, the glass must as tick as it can hold his weight, moreso refractive index will make the image formed above the glase outside water to be distorted. Both water and glass has diiferent refractive index

Water at 20 C => 1.33
Glasses (has variation) RI is between 1.470 - 1.523–1.925

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_refractive_indices
Re: Guy Walks On Water by GoodMuyis(m): 10:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
Sincere4u:
Below is another Magic that left me thrilled.

A wise Question is, how did he manage to hide those stuff he was revealing, especially the lady, maybe in his jacket

At least we cant say the audience were part of the show
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 13, 2017
GoodMuyis:

A wise Question is, how did he manage to hide those stuff he was revealing, especially the lady, maybe in his jacket

At least we cant say the audience were part of the show
I was stunned at the ingenuity. Very difficult to even imagine how he did all that.
Their art has really advanced.
Re: Guy Walks On Water by plappville(f): 5:06pm On Apr 13, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WyoenjZAZw

OP watch this first video and then click on the link below to watch how the boat reveal the secret. This one is not even a pool but a River. grin

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=745767668830992&id=252384661502631&_rdr
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 17, 2017
plappville:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WyoenjZAZw

OP watch this first video and then click on the link below to watch how the boat reveal the secret. This one is not even a pool but a River. grin

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=745767668830992&id=252384661502631&_rdr

Hahahahaha,
some people would've remained fooled had the boat taken a different direction.
Nice revelation plappville
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 17, 2017
Its probably a trick or kind of magic. Most possible its a trick and like someone said those guys around are part of the game plan.

If you place a very thick plain glass in water you wont see the glass in the water then wen you walk on the glass placed from one end of the pool to the other it will look like u are actually walking on water.
Re: Guy Walks On Water by plappville(f): 12:40pm On Apr 17, 2017
Sincere4u:

Hahahahaha,
some people would've remained fooled had the boat taken a different direction.
Nice revelation plappville

Honestly, i Laughed it out loud when i saw that part. cheesy
Re: Guy Walks On Water by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2017
plappville:

Honestly, i Laughed it out loud when i saw that part. cheesy

Hahahahahaha, cheesy cheesy
it looked awesome till that point.
i can imagine the miracle man may've felt like jumping into the river with all the embarrassment that befell him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Conversation Between Apastor And Awisechild: / Invisible Touches While At Sleep / Deeper Life Easter Retreat Rescheduled For May 13-15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.