Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

JAMB: Let's Face Reality - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB: Let's Face Reality (1406 Views)

Eugene Ohu Wins N90m Grant By Templeton World Charity - Virtual Reality Project / Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. / UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB: Let's Face Reality by Toyin001: 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2017
Had this is mind all along and seeing Nairaland as unarguably the biggest forum in Nigeria, I believe it should be a way where voices need to be heard and if possible, relayed to the appropriate channels and bodies.

Amidst the utter confusion of the examination body that have rabble-roused their prospective candidates for this year's examination, a promise of transformation and the tiredly-heard word in our nation, a "change" in the conduct of the examination; the said innovated pre-mock slated to be held today was postponed till further notice.

When the postponement isn't my major bone of contention as the point of discussion, it still stands as a prove of the utter confusion of the said transformed examination body.

LET'S FACE REALITY:

I came across a news not long that the results of prospective candidates for this year's edition of the examination [b]will be released in "just" nine hours of the students' submission of the candidate's answers.

Amidst other confusion of unnecessary new innovations of scrapping the use of the mouse in answering the questions, let's face this salient truth.

We are all aware the exam is Computer-Based, why then are the results not released instantly after candidate's submission. We all are aware that the system has the ability of real-time and instant assessment of the students' answers submitted and the results calculated instantly.

Why then should the results be delayed for nine hours. Prospective candidates have been bamboozled and rabble-roused by the so-called promise of a quick release of the results hoping for a clean and transparent results.

Having been unable to get over the disappointment of utterly been awarded 57 in the Mathematics breakdown of my aggregate JAMB scores in the UTME examination conducted last year, it is obvious such disappointing norms is most likely to continue this year.

I sat for the Mathematics exam with high hopes and high believe in scoring an extremely high score but was left shattered scoring a ridiculous score as low as 57%. In honesty, even if I had written that exam when I was still in Senior Secondary School 2, I wouldn't have still scored 57. I can stand to face anyone, even the JAMB registrar that the mark given to me was no where near the score given to me, I worked for a 100% score and didn't fall short of it in attempting the exam. To cut you some stories, where I am driving at is very very short.

Despite having been admitted into my choice institution with my eventual result, I am still yet to get over the feeling of getting something that ridiculous in my Maths JAMB exam.

Where I was able to get admitted, the unfair reduction in candidates' results has led to complete disruption of the chance of admission of some students.

I have friends whose results was manipulated as low as an aggregate score of 143/400, another 176/400, to mention a few. These two brilliant and serious-minded students where blatantly denied admission by the exam body as they stood no chance to compete for admission at all as excellent as their 'O' Level results were.

With full knowledge that the conduct of the examination this year is under new administration, I believe the guarantee of a transparent release of candidates' results cannot be ascertained!

To face the plain truth and reality, the nine hours interval between the submission of answers and release of the results is nine hours of complete and total manipulation of the results of some candidates.

What use is the delay of the release of the candidates' result when the system is able to assess the results instantly

I believe the administration of this exam body need to come out and answer this question.

Enough of manipulations of the results of innocent and serious-minded students.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, I believe JAMB do have a big question to answer Nigerian students as clarification of the hidden nine hours between the submission of answers and release of results needs to be explaind.

Thank you for reading.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by prynsex(m): 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2017
let not worry jambite
there is this 2 "thunders" i have up for sale but will give out free becus of the issue on ground,jamb registrar must take one out of these
* thunder with doctors prescription:
2- morning
1- afternoon
1- night
* covergence thunder: this thunder,actually originated from MFM,pass through the RCCG camp and landed at cannanland before taking charge
we cant be intimidated
cc: lala,seun

4 Likes

Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by seunlayi(m): 6:18pm On Apr 08, 2017
A lady was not able to access her economic questions and they still gave her 44. What a shame on jamb

3 Likes

Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by TEE099(m): 6:23pm On Apr 08, 2017
seunlayi:
A lady was not able to access her economic questions and they still gave her 44. What a shame on jamb
It is obvious that marks are realistically merely distributed randomly. If at all anything to completely stop this issue of manipulation of the results of candidates, it is only as said by the Op which is the instant release of the results of the candidates as the system is able to assess the answers real-time and instantly so I also see completely NO REASON for the nine hours delay. undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by Toyin001: 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2017
TEE099:
It is obvious that marks are realistically merely distributed randomly. If at all anything to completely stop this issue of manipulation of the results of candidates, it is only as said by the Op which is the instant release of the results of the candidates as the system is able to assess the answers real-time and instantly so I also see completely NO REASON for the nine hours delay. undecided undecided
Exactly! You spoke my mind. You further said more on what I was saying. God bless. JAMB needs to answer the students on what the hidden nine hours is meant for. angry
Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by plenty9316(m): 6:38pm On Apr 08, 2017
Toyin001:
Had this is mind all along and seeing Nairaland as unarguably the biggest forum in Nigeria, I believe it should be a way where voices need to be heard and if possible, relayed to the appropriate channels and bodies.

Amidst the utter confusion of the examination body that have rabble-roused their prospective candidates for this year's examination, a promise of transformation and the tiredly-heard word in our nation, a "change" in the conduct of the examination; the said innovated pre-mock slated to be held today was postponed till further notice.

When the postponement isn't my major bone of contention as the point of discussion, it still stands as a prove of the utter confusion of the said transformed examination body.

LET'S FACE REALITY:

I came across a news not long that the results of prospective candidates for this year's edition of the examination [b]will be released in "just" nine hours of the students' submission of the candidate's answers.

Amidst other confusion of unnecessary new innovations of scrapping the use of the mouse in answering the questions, let's face this salient truth.

We are all aware the exam is Computer-Based, why then are the results not released instantly after candidate's submission. We all are aware that the system has the ability of real-time and instant assessment of the students' answers submitted and the results calculated instantly.

Why then should the results be delayed for nine hours. Prospective candidates have been bamboozled and rabble-roused by the so-called promise of a quick release of the results hoping for a clean and transparent results.

Having been unable to get over the disappointment of utterly been awarded 57 in the Mathematics breakdown of my aggregate JAMB scores in the UTME examination conducted last year, it is obvious such disappointing norms is most likely to continue this year.

I sat for the Mathematics exam with high hopes and high believe in scoring an extremely high score but was left shattered scoring a ridiculous score as low as 57%. In honesty, even if I had written that exam when I was still in Senior Secondary School 2, I wouldn't have still scored 57. I can stand to face anyone, even the JAMB registrar that the mark given to me was no where near the score given to me, I worked for a 100% score and didn't fall short of it in attempting the exam. To cut you some stories, where I am driving at is very very short.

Despite having been admitted into my choice institution with my eventual result, I am still yet to get over the feeling of getting something that ridiculous in my Maths JAMB exam.

Where I was able to get admitted, the unfair reduction in candidates' results has led to complete disruption of the chance of admission of some students.

I have friends whose results was manipulated as low as an aggregate score of 143/400, another 176/400, to mention a few. These two brilliant and serious-minded students where blatantly denied admission by the exam body as they stood no chance to compete for admission at all as excellent as their 'O' Level results were.

With full knowledge that the conduct of the examination this year is under new administration, I believe the guarantee of a transparent release of candidates' results cannot be ascertained!

To face the plain truth and reality, the nine hours interval between the submission of answers and release of the results is nine hours of complete and total manipulation of the results of some candidates.

What use is the delay of the release of the candidates' result when the system is able to assess the results instantly

I believe the administration of this exam body need to come out and answer this question.

Enough of manipulations of the results of innocent and serious-minded students.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely, im not here to defend JAMB but i bet with u, the registrar in charge, i know him well during his reign at my alma mata. He is a die hard innovator. He loves or enjoy being part of new thing or better ways of doing thing and i bet u, he wont stop until he achieve his goal.
My set was part of the trial set for the CBT things and i can tell u it wasnt a smooth ride. My bro., the first test i we did with the innovation was erratic to many of us as we didnt play to the rule. It was after the first failure that i personally did my findings and realised some hidden secrets of combuter based test.(its no longer secret, thats one of the essence of the mock i think).
My bro., i honestly dont agree with ur assertions on the window period of delay before the release of the result. How many will dey manipulate and who are they targetting
Lets just hope things are better for the registrar, im sure he will get it right. I so much believe in him.
Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by Toyin001: 7:10pm On Apr 08, 2017
Plenty9316, you've made your point but JAMB simply needs to explain the reason for the delay period. My assertions are also clear enough, you wouldn't bet to argue that the system grades and assesses the scores real-time What then is the use of the nine hours delay JAMB really need to clear the populace on this.

Cc: Fynestboi, oluwalebabs, Richiez
Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by Toyin001: 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2017
Now plenty9316, take a look at this, someone buys a condom and you call him a fornicator and blatantly refuses that, what way will he prove it to you Isn't it by simply telling you why and what he used the condom for Let JAMB do the same and clarify us. It's as simple as that. What use is the nine hours delay?
Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 08, 2017
Toyin001:
Plenty9316, you've made your point but JAMB simply needs to explain the reason for the delay period. My assertions are also clear enough, you wouldn't bet to argue that the system grades and assesses the scores real-time What then is the use of the nine hours delay JAMB really need to clear the populace on this.

Have you considered that it might possibly be to double, triple and quadruple "cross-check" results to avoid any.....mix-ups??

Even Toefl takes 12 hours to release result (I think...)
Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by seunlayi(m): 8:47pm On Apr 08, 2017
TEE099:
thank you.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by Xsem(m): 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2017
Surprisingly, your suspicion is true
Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by plenty9316(m): 7:46am On Apr 09, 2017
Toyin001:

I agree with you, JAMB can always do that to clear our doubts ko?
Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by Toyin001: 8:08am On Apr 09, 2017
plenty9316:

I agree with you, JAMB can always do that to clear our doubts ko?
If only the mods had moved this to the front page, perhaps a reliable source could come out to explain this. Let them clear our doubts as you can see in the post that I gave three true instances of manipulations of candidates' results which I can back up with the JAMB Reg. Numbers.
Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by Toyin001: 8:27am On Apr 09, 2017
Xsem:
Surprisingly, your suspicion is true
Hmm, that's just it jharey. Waiting for the mods to move this to FP. Perhaps a JAMB official can see it from there and answer our questions. angry
Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by Josiahdking: 8:48am On Apr 09, 2017

1 Like

Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by NLProblemChild(m): 8:53am On Apr 09, 2017
Make Me sha score 200+ anytym dem do d main exam

1 Like

Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by Toyin001: 1:43pm On Apr 09, 2017
NLProblemChild:
Make Me sha score 200+ anytym dem do d main exam
Hmm, some students are fighting for stand out excellence and are struggling for it. However, the manipulation has stolen the excellence from some of them, me as an example, that was last year though, I've gotten the admission but I still haven't got over it really well.
Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by NLProblemChild(m): 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
Toyin001:
Hmm, some students are fighting for stand out excellence and are struggling for it. However, the manipulation has stolen the excellence from some of them, me as an example, that was last year though, I've gotten the admission but I still haven't got over it really well.
its well

1 Like

Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by mohsaaf: 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
Pls guys help me out. I was told that I can't register for Jamb until I have my Waec or Neco result at hand and I am currently writing waec. Pls how true is this information.
Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by Toyin001: 3:53am On Apr 10, 2017
NLProblemChild:
its well
Yeah, it is.
Re: JAMB: Let's Face Reality by Toyin001: 3:59am On Apr 10, 2017
mohsaaf:
Pls guys help me out. I was told that I can't register for Jamb until I have my Waec or Neco result at hand and I am currently writing waec. Pls how true is this information.
Well, ain't aware of any detail on that, I'm not a JAMB aspirant, hopefully some here can answer that.

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Needs Help And Advice Desperately / Jamb Made It Compulsory For Every Jambites To Re-upload His/her O'level Result / Study On Affordable Tuition At Seneca College, Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.