Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,026 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? (10767 Views)

Millions Of Kano Muslims Ignore Social Distancing At Friday Prayers / Muslims Hold Jumaat Prayers In Makurdi In Defiance Of Ban / Muslim Boy Prayers In Front Of RCCG Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by spyroxy1(m): 10:34am On Apr 14, 2017
newguy1:
Going through similar predicament right now, was so anrgry with Allah that I have said lots of wrong things in my mind to him but as said my previous commenter. Stay strong and hope things get better

AstagfurLLah
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Nollynude: 10:41am On Apr 14, 2017
snezBaba:

But you're commenting on the same dumb thread. what does that make you ?
Rêtard ....

Shut up and suffer

1 Like

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by snezBaba: 10:45am On Apr 14, 2017
Nollynude:

Shut up and suffer
HaHaHa....not everyone is in abject poverty like you na.. kikikiki grin

1 Like

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Nollynude: 10:46am On Apr 14, 2017
snezBaba:

Please help me, i am in abject poverty grin

Ok

Keep Suffering

2 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by snezBaba: 10:49am On Apr 14, 2017
Nollynude:

Ok

Keep Suffering
yeah yeah...now run along kiddo
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 14, 2017
JustinSlayer69:
.... Never say your prayers were not answered....

Let me give you a short story. I love good stuff, but like everyone else, want to pay the least possible for em grin

1. December 2016, I saw one Europe version 2013 Toyota Camry, i had the cash, but i bluffed and offered 3.5m for it. Someone else paid 3.9m and took the car

2. I called the buyer and immediately offered him 4m because i had gone to Elizade and found out 2016 Camry was going for 32m shocked
The buyer insisted on 4.3m. My pride was hurt, couldn't pay 400k extra for something i could have bought.

3. Fast-forward... March 2017. Saw the replica of the car....so clean! kiss at 4.5m. Because i had seen how prices were, was ready to shell out 600k more than i would have paid 3 months previously. I had been looking at the UK version because it was so unique...

4. While doing Customs papers back-check, guess what i found?

a) THE CAR IN NUMBER 3 WAS THE SAME IN 1! I could have paid 600k more
b) The reason why the car was being passed around was because it had FAKE CUSTOM CLEARANCE...

I backed out of the deal...Someone else paid on the spot.

Sorry for the epistle, but lessons learned? See pictures attached....

EPILOGUE: I was called by a dealer YESTERDAY & offered a 2015 Honda Accord for #3million...same car goes for #8million.
shocked
Super mega clean...had the cash, but was hesitant because it might be stolen. While i was doing "background checks", the car was sold! cry

I was crushed and i felt the way you do right now. But do you know how i consoled myself?

Allah is ALL-MIGHTY. He was the one who showed me the opportunity and He has many more. I missed it, but i know it was for a reason.

JUMAT MUBARAK ( Allah knows this is a true story)
Sir, u have everything you need.. U aren't in the same position as myself.. U have over 3million to shell on a car... I need just 19thousand to escape debt, to be a free man, to have a new lease of life, to experience what freedom means.. #19,000 it is... I am praying to Allah to help me... I know he can do it.. Hopefully he will do it..
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 14, 2017
yusasiv:

when situation like this arises, check urself, look for ur wrongs and make them right, seek Allah's forgiveness and stop seeking for life pleasure.... for all Allah has created, his forgiveness surpasses all...
Thank you Sir.. I hope he answers my prayers and very fast too.. Life is becoming unbearable for some of us... May Allah ease our pain... Amin
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Nollynude: 10:54am On Apr 14, 2017
snezBaba:

yeah yeah...now run along kiddo

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 14, 2017
newguy1:
Going through similar predicament right now, was so anrgry with Allah that I have said lots of wrong things in my mind to him but as said my previous commenter. Stay strong and hope things get better
Sorry about this.. May Allah see us through... Forgive our transgressions and give us everlasting happiness... Jumat Mubarak
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 14, 2017
akanbiaa:
Everyone has his challenges from health, wealth, love, happiness, family, job etc but know that even the Prophets of Allah were given difficult trials that some almost gave up and for the fact that you are being tried that means the devil sees you have potential of making heaven and would not like that so he will tempt you to give up on Allah and Allah is also watching you and know that when Allah blesses you it can affect all your generations so also is the opposite and the air you breathe have you thanked Allah for that? Your sight, your hands, your legs etc my advice is win the devil by remaining steedfast, endure and be patient and increase your good deeds, Most importantly look at those below you.
Am officially below those u advised i look on too.. I would love to remain good but situation would not permit at this time...I have remained very patient and still is.... Thanks sir as i await the wonders of the almighty...
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 14, 2017
DaudaAbu:
In hadith six of an nawawis collection

Are you clothed, fed, raised in haram?

how then do Allah answers such prayer.

Rem;

patient. He had answered you, only you did not know
Not clothed in Haram, not fed with Haram and most definitely not raised with Haram..
Things used to be good before(by our own standard atleast).. Was doing Ok.. Dad been d major financier of the family suddenly everything changed, we stil cope but it all took a turn for the worse, we were evicted from where i have always called om for some 14yrs, we got plunged into debt, dad couldn't pay my fees, Mum was not fairing any better... In a bid to survive, i started borrowing, i couldn't pay back and kept been harassed, embarrassed and shamed.. Hopefully, the Almighty would help Dad rise back on his feet.. I remain hopeful..

Thanks Sir..
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Boller: 11:22am On Apr 14, 2017
As-salam Alaykum,
There is plenty nasiya in what this brother said only if you can think deep. Am sure you are better than more 100million of human being on earth as i speak. Just keep thanking Allah He will do more for you.
Prophet says Allah answers prayer of muslims in 3 ways, 1. By given you what you ask Him. 2. Give you something else ( Who knows if your prayer has been the reason you are still alive for better tomorrow)? 3. Keep your prayers as good deed for you on the judgement day. Brother if you know the consequence of mismanagement of wealth you will not want to get reach. Allah says, your wealth and children are trial for you. If you belief in Allah you will be more comfortable with little you have on earth and concentrate on here after. May Allah guide us and have mercy upon our souls.

tbaba1234:

I am sorry about your pain but know that Allah does not test a person beyond their capacity :

God doesnot burden any soul with more than it can bear: each gains whatever good it has done, and suffers its bad. Surah 2:286

No matter how bad it is, know that Allah has given you the strength to bear it.

Do people think they will be left alone after saying ‘We believe without being put to the test? We tested those who went before them: God will certainly mark out which ones are truthful and which are lying., (Surah 29: 2-3)

We shall certainly test you with fear and hunger, and loss of property, lives, and crops. But [Prophet], give good news to those who are steadfast, those who say, when afflicted with a calamity, ‘We belong to God and to Him we shall return.’ These will be given blessings and mercy from their Lord, and it is they who are rightly guided. (Surah 2:, 155-157)

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by emekaRaj(m): 11:40am On Apr 14, 2017
dbiljmer:
Sallamualaikun Muslim Brethren here..

I have a few questions for some of us who have strong belief in our faith..

I have read alot on how people keep repeating that anything that happens to you in Life, is The Will of the Almighty.
If the above assertion is true, then my question goes thus:
Does Allah deliberately write that some of us (me inclusive) face challenges beyond our capacity to confront?
Why did he write that some of us suffer on earth?
Why doesn't he answer prayers?
why have he neglected the unhappy?
Why does he continually bless the super rich with more riches nd looks on without helping the pauper?
I believe he can easily turn unfavorable situation to favourable but why has he refused doing that for me nd my family?
I am in alot of pains, but he didn't seems to care, is there any reason for me to keeping going to mosque when i know there's nothing there for me..

Pls answer my questions... Thanks in anticipation

I think you hav already been given anough advice here already but I just want to say that praying 5 times a day is not a license to good life, these are normal, obligatery Muslims duties that all Muslims must abide by daily, am sayin this because many Muslims believe believe dat just because they pray dat it's anough.

Apart from Allah (swt) trials, There are many evil forces in these dunya dat want to see us sufer, so my brother u need more ibadah.

2 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Jarus(m): 11:49am On Apr 14, 2017
dbiljmer:

I have read alot on how people keep repeating that anything that happens to you in Life, is The Will of the Almighty.
Does Allah deliberately write that some of us (me inclusive) face challenges beyond our capacity to confront?
Why does he continually bless the super rich with more riches nd looks on without helping the pauper?
I believe he can easily turn unfavorable situation to favourable but why has he refused doing that for me nd my family?
I am in alot of pains, but he didn't seems to care, is there any reason for me to keeping going to mosque when i know there's nothing there for me..

From my understanding of Islam, let me respond.

1, In Islam, there are three ways Allah answers the prayers of a Muslim: either providing the request or usibg it to prevent a worse case or not providing that thing because it will bring evil for you.

2, Your rich vs poor example smacks of Islam version of prosperity Christianity. My brother, wealth is never the measure of how successful a man is. Allah blesses whom He will, even the ones that don't believe in Him. I will prefer to be poor and upright and make aljannah than being rich and not make it Trust me, the enjoyment of the richest man on earth is not up to 1 pct of what Allah has promised believers and good doers. Don't forget a day in the hereafter is like many years here. My point here is, in Islam success I never measured by wealth. There were Moe righteous Muslims, even those close to The prophet in his days, that were very poor.

3, The above said, it doesn't mean it is a sin to want to be rich. I just put the above in perspective for you to know it's not something that goes to the root of faith in Islam.

4, Your post suggests you go to mosque for Allah to make you rich. My brother, while there is no harm in going to the mosque to pray for Allah to provide our means, the primary purpose of going to mosque is to obey Allah. So whether you are rich or poor, you must obey Allah, otherwise there is the risk of losing the here after which is eternal. So pls, your objective of going to mosque appears flawed.

5, Finally, you need to be more patient. Contentment is what is important in Islam. If you work on your eeman, you will find content in what Allah has done for you. There is no sin in seeking for more, but this will make you less aggressive. Trust me, there are millions of people with worse wordly case but who are far more righteous than you.

5 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 14, 2017
dbiljmer:

Sir, u have everything you need.. U aren't in the same position as myself.. U have over 3million to shell on a car... I need just 19thousand to escape debt, to be a free man, to have a new lease of life, to experience what freedom means.. #19,000 it is... I am praying to Allah to help me... I know he can do it.. Hopefully he will do it..

STRICTLY BECAUSE OF YOU, i would delete my profile for security reasons....

I understand why one can be dejected when we don't get what we want...but, do you have an incurable/terminal disease? Do you have auto-immune disease where your own body defense system would continue attacking you?

Be careful of your utterances, as i said, i was in your position before. Was warned when talking like this that it shows ingratitude to the mercies of Allah and He can then decide to take the things you are not grateful for.

I was unemployed for almost 7 years. If i tell you how hard it was for me, you would cry. Now, i work for an international organization and i am paid in USD. Let me now shock you.

At a point last year, i had almost 10 million Naira in Dollar equivalent, yet i am taking Okadas around. I still haven't bought a car before...

The purpose of this isn't to show off but to let you know there's light at the end of the tunnel....when i was suffering, i didn't even have data to spend posting on Nairaland so thank God!

All the best, and remember. Allah can take what you have if you are not grateful. GOODLUCK

4 Likes

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Jarus(m): 11:57am On Apr 14, 2017
From my reading of your posts in some other threads, I can see what your issue is.

Pls sms me on 0703..... and let's discuss this on phone.
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
Jarus:
From my reading of your posts in some other threads, I can see what your issue is.

Pls sms me on 07036**** and let's discuss this on phone.
Ok sir
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Irshittabey: 12:07pm On Apr 14, 2017
My brother, never lose hope of Allah's mercy. Trust him, he will do it.
In my house, there were times we had less than a hundred Naira in the house(family of seven). But we trust in Him to provide. Everyone knows that is a serious situation, where do we go? To our prayer mats, for no one else can provide for us but He. My brother, we submit all to Him, and He does wonders.I have countless testimonies. Most times people can't fanthom the way we live, practically Allah provides for us 'literally',my dad is a teacher, my mum a fullhouse wife,Allah built him a house and currently he is sponsoring three children in the university.With recession here and there, we are well off than most people ,Allah will accept your prayers Inshallah. Brother how do you call on him? Please say your prayers as if you are standing right in front of him ,talk to him in your native tongue at the last third of the night,cry to him, don't lose hope, help is around the corner, he hears you, be patient, even Yunus spent forty days in the belly of a fish, yet he didn't lose hope, and his prayers were accepted.

1 Like

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Franklin58(m): 12:15pm On Apr 14, 2017
seek the face of God almighty, he alone has the answer to your prayers.
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by adedapoibraheem(m): 12:33pm On Apr 14, 2017
dbiljmer:

Salam Alaekum brother, I hope this will help you............ Allah is Ar-Rahman... irrespective of your religion he will answer your prayer here on earth. if you pray .... Ar-Raheem part is for we the Muslim........Being a Muslim we must believe in khadar and to change your khadar you need consistent and continuous pleading/prayer unto Allah to change your khadar and example of when Allah changes khadar is during the last 10 days of Ramadan........ my brother my piece of advice is that whenever you think your prayer is not being answer look at yourself deeply are you doing what Allah SWA orders you to do? are you praying 5 times a day? are you praying to time? do u have believe in any other thing beside Allah? e.t.c..... I pray to Allah SWA to answer the prayer of all Muslim ummah and make our affairs in this life and that of the hereafter. ameen.
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by nurusystem(m): 12:38pm On Apr 14, 2017
northvietnam:
Try JESUS

Try JESUS..

and thank me later

Okoro Jesus is not God ,we have alots of christian every morning Callin jesus no bé suffering they make them.

We have alots of unanwser prayer in kilinli kilinli churches they are all herbalist church

1 Like

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by humbleself242(m): 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2017
nice write-up but pls my brother /sister u have to keep going to mosque and be prayerful to Allah almighty if u declined not to serve him Anoda person will do so and the punishment will be waiting for u in the hereafter.Thank him for Wat he did bcoz many have gone
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by omonoba: 3:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hasibunallah wanimal wakil nimal mawla wa niman nadir. Amin

Billionaireike:

You don't try Jesus, you believe Him. @OP, He alone saves and answers prayers. He is, was and is to come. Believe Jesus today by saying this short prayers.

Lord Jesus
Come into my life
Be my Lord and Saviour
Forgive me my sins
Today I confess you as my Lord.
In Jesus Name. Amen.

If you just say this prayer, believe in the Name Jesus then thank me letter.
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by jattshaf(m): 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2017
northvietnam:
Try JESUS

Try JESUS..

and thank me later

Are you saying there is no any one that is going throught same pains or even more amongst so calles christains?

I dont know what you mean by try Jesus as if Jesus is a surest way of having smoth and enjoyable life.
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Yusuf001(m): 3:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
zainabxel:
Prayers will never solve your problems.
Hardwork, wisdom, and preparing to grasp oppurtunitues will.
Tell me one advantage that religious people have over non religious people
you should remember that Allah swt said He gives His provisions to whosoever He wished and it doest not matter if you are a believer or not. As the people of the early makkah were thouting the holy prophet and his followers of being poor.,then Allah reveal to the prophet that its not the worldly riches He is interested in men but their taqwa (piety) to Him.
May Allah Guides us all alright. Amin

1 Like

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by sefiureal(m): 4:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
1) WE ALWAYS ASK: Why was I TESTED?

AL-QURAN ANSWERS:

"Do men think that they will be left alone saying,'We believe', and that they will not be tested? We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false." [29:2-3]

2) WE ALWAYS ASK: Why I never get what I wanted?

AL-QURAN ANSWERS:

" It is possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you, and that you love a thing, which is bad for you. But Allah knows, while you know not." Surah Al-Baqarah [2:216]

3) WE ALWAYS ASK:Why was I burdened this way?

AL-QURAN ANSWERS:

"Allah does not place a burden to a soul greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns." Surah Al-Baqarah [2:286]& " So verily, with every difficulty there is relief: (repeated) Verily, with every difficulty there is relief." Surah Al-Insyirah [94:5-6]

4) WE ALWAYS ASK: Why am I losing hope?

AL-QURAN ANSWERS:

"So lose not heart, nor fall into despair: For you will be superior if you are true in Faith." Surah Al-Imran [3:139]

5) WE ALWAYS ASK: How can I face it?

AL-QURAN ANSWERS:

" O you who believed! Persevere in patience and constancy; vie in such perseverance; strengthen each other; and fear Allah that you may prosper." Surah Al-Imran[3:200] & "And seek(Allah's) help with patient, perseverance and prayer: It is indeed hard, except to those who bring a humbly submissive (to Allah)." Surah Al-Baqarah [2:45]

6) WE ALWAYS ASK: What do I get from all these?

AL-QURAN ANSWERS:

"Indeed, Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and properties (in exchange) for that they will have the garden (of Paradise)..." Surah At-Taubah [9:111]

7) WE ALWAYS ASK: To whom could I depend?

AL-QURAN ANSWERS:

"(Allah) suffice me: there is no god but He: On Him is my trust- He the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) Supreme." Surah At-Taaubah [9:129]

cool WE ALWAYS ASK: But I can't take it anymore!

AL-QURAN ANSWERS:

"...and never give up hope of Allah's Soothing Mercy; truly No one despairs of Allah's Soothing Mercy. except Those who have no faith." Surah Yusuf [9:87]& "Despairs not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives All sins for He is Often- Forgiving, Most Merciful." Surah Az-Zumar [39:53].

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by heybee72(m): 5:40pm On Apr 14, 2017
dbiljmer:

My God will supply all my needs according to his riches in glory through Christ Jesus. Philipians 4vs19

The young lion do lack but they that trust in the Lord...

For his thought towards us are of Good and not of evil to give us an expected end..

I can go on and on...
If your Allah is not working for you try the God that works... GOD is not wicked.. Stop bringing misery into ur life nd saying it's from God...

Think of it, the countries with the highest amounts of refugees and poverty are the Muslim countries... I dont serve a poor God.. He doesn't ask me to wear clothes the size of my younger brother...
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Praktikals(m): 5:56pm On Apr 14, 2017
Scream:
This is fraud...I clicked on their warning to see the options I have, it closed.

Please there is no god/allah like Jehovah! I believe in Him, he is the almighty God who gave his only begotten son to die for our sins. His name Jesus has been lifted above every other name. At the name of Jesus every kneel must bow and every tongue confess that he is Lord.

I'm out.. MOD, ensure that that Muslim thing does not appear on my profile. I love Jehovah.
And me too o. i am not a muslim o
I guess the mods are trying to be clever by half
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 14, 2017
Jazakallahu Khairan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by Occurstaem(m): 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
I have benefitted a lot from this. JazakumuLLAHU khayeran - all those who contributed to the topic. In fact, I feel relieved. AlhamduliLLAH.
Re: Allah Does Not Answer My Prayers.. Why? by obegiri: 6:50pm On Apr 16, 2017
northvietnam:
Try JESUS
Try JESUS..

and thank me later
try jesus indeed. so no life challenges in Christianity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Secrets Of Quran 18,Surah Al-Kahf (The Cave) / Interesting Jumu'ah Schedule for Muslim Stay-at-home Moms / What's Your Most Humbling Verse Of The Qur'an.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.