Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. (3458 Views)

5 Cardinal Points 4 Accurate Quantities Of Woods U Need 4 Ur Roofing Project. / How To Calculate Quantity&cost Of Asbestors Or PVC Ceiling Needed 4 Your Project / A Roofing Project At Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by ganiuedu: 12:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
I have been browsing this site for several years and am grateful for contributions provided by Nairalanders. I personally did not have smooth experience with HSL broker regarding my wood work. I ended up buying more wood and paying more money for the carpenters than quoted. The wood spacing were uneven but thank God the roof is completed. I was willing to try HSL Broker again and give him my septic tank/soak away project. Thus far, i am not impressed but we shall see how it goes. I was hopeful that I will be able to use mostly Nairalanders for all my projects but now I am not sure. I do not have any complain about other professional Nairalander such as Topsy and Muyeski that are handling my project so far.
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Obeseke: 4:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
ganiuedu:
I have been browsing this site for several years and am grateful for contributions provided by Nairalanders. I personally did not have smooth experience with HSL broker regarding my wood work. I ended up buying more wood and paying more money for the carpenters than quoted. The wood spacing were uneven but thank God the roof is completed. I was willing to try HSL Broker again and give him my septic tank/soak away project. Thus far, i am not impressed but we shall see how it goes. I was hopeful that I will be able to use mostly Nairalanders for all my projects but now I am not sure. I do not have any complain about other professional Nairalander such as Topsy and Muyeski that are handling my project so far.

@ Chief Ganiuedu, what exactly happened? Is it the quantity of materials you ordered that was inadequate or what was supplied to you was short of your request? Who determined the quantity of wood that was supplied to you_ your QS, Engineer or HSLBroker? How about the QUALITY or TYPE of wood supplied? Did you or do you have any issues with that? How do you mean you had to pay more money for the carpenters than quoted? Did he charge you additional for the roofing of the carcass afterwards since you claimed you had to buy more wood?
Did you make your concerns known to him? What was his reaction? Was he able to proffer a resourceful solution?

You would have helped someone else to make an informed decision providing answers to these questions raised

Thanks
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 03, 2017
HsLBroker:
This are some criteria that determine the accuracy of the quantity of woods you needed to roof your house.

1. You need to make decision on the type of roofing sheet you want to use because the purlin spacing we use for long span roofing sheet is different from that of stepped tiles, though metecopo and stepped tiles purlin spacing are the same, and stone tiles or stone coated roofing sheets purlin spacing is different from all of them.

For instance long span purlin spacing is about 2.5ft to 3ft depend on instruction giving to carpenters.

Stepped and metecopo spacing is approximately 18 inches wish is 1 ft and 6 inches purlin spacing.

Stone coated or Stone tiles is approximately 14 inches purlin spacing which is 1ft and 2inches.

Meaning the purlins wood quantity for stone coated is more than stepped tiles and metecopo, and that of stepped tiles and metcopo is more than longspan and asbestos roofing sheets.

Having stated all this, if you are using stones coated and you get quote for long span hardwood, it will not work because you will need more woods for your purlin and additional work force.

Though all the woods for tie beam, rafters, strut or bracing and wall plate remain the same.

2. Another area which is critical is whatever you are using slate for your ceiling noggin covering or pop or PVC.

For instance if you are using slate though this is getting outdated now, the ceiling noggin spacing is 4ft by 4ft, but the standard for pop and pvc is 2ft by 4ft, but some pop designers insist on 2ft by 2ft which translate to the fact that if your contractor construct your ceiling noggin spacing using 2ft by 4ft, the pop designers can reject or condemn it which will translate in other opinion that the contractor have done a bad job for you and that can cause misunderstanding btw you and your contractor because the ceiling noggin will need to later be convert to 2ft by 2ft spacing.

But the fact remain that the standard for both pop and pvc ceiling covering is 2ft by 4ft ceiling noggin spacing, because the binding wire they use to hook or hang this pop is not connected with ceiling noggin, it is actually hook or hang to the tie beam, because it is the tie beam that will carry the weight of the pop, only the yawn, the white thread materials is connect with the ceiling noggin, i'm saying all this base on experience.

3. Another important point is whether you have a parapet or not. If you have a parapet, you won't need facial board for your over hang extension design because the parapet will replace the facial board, and the additional 2 inches by 2 inches by 12 ft (2x2x12) woods for the outside noggin won't be needed but if you don't have a parapet then you will need some facial board and additional 2x2x12 woods for the outside noggin over hang extension construction.

4. The height of your roof also matter in determine quantity of woods that will be needed, if you are considering 12 ft before getting the quote and after getting the quote or the contract awarded, you now decide that the height of your roof should be 16 ft you need to know there will be need for more woods.

5. You need to know the length and breadth of your building.

These 5 points matters a lot in getting accurate quote for your roofing project

Answer to all this questions and making a decision gives you an opportunity to get accurate quote because they are very essentials.

Thanks

God bless you all
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 18, 2017
(hardwood for sale 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 3x4, 1x12) lifelightproperties@gmail.com, 08182481552, 09060751072 Whatsapp: 08182481552 Website: http://www.lifelightproperties.com www.lifelightproperties.
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 20, 2017
HsLBroker:
(hardwood for sale 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 3x4, 1x12) lifelightproperties@gmail.com, 08182481552, 09060751072 Whatsapp: 08182481552 Website: http://www.lifelightproperties.com www.lifelightproperties.
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 08, 2017
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 07, 2017
new work at prime estate

Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Johntemmy(m): 11:36am On Aug 17, 2018
contact me for your roofing.. get strong hardwood with low cost.07060795767
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2018
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2018
HsLBroker:
This are some criteria that determine the accuracy of the quantity of woods you needed to roof your house.

1. You need to make decision on the type of roofing sheet you want to use because the purlin spacing we use for long span roofing sheet is different from that of stepped tiles, though metecopo and stepped tiles purlin spacing are the same, and stone tiles or stone coated roofing sheets purlin spacing is different from all of them.

For instance long span purlin spacing is about 2.5ft to 3ft depend on instruction giving to carpenters.

Stepped and metecopo spacing is approximately 18 inches wish is 1 ft and 6 inches purlin spacing.

Stone coated or Stone tiles is approximately 14 inches purlin spacing which is 1ft and 2inches.

Meaning the purlins wood quantity for stone coated is more than stepped tiles and metecopo, and that of stepped tiles and metcopo is more than longspan and asbestos roofing sheets.

Having stated all this, if you are using stones coated and you get quote for long span hardwood, it will not work because you will need more woods for your purlin and additional work force.

Though all the woods for tie beam, rafters, strut or bracing and wall plate remain the same.

2. Another area which is critical is whatever you are using slate for your ceiling noggin covering or pop or PVC.

For instance if you are using slate though this is getting outdated now, the ceiling noggin spacing is 4ft by 4ft, but the standard for pop and pvc is 2ft by 4ft, but some pop designers insist on 2ft by 2ft which translate to the fact that if your contractor construct your ceiling noggin spacing using 2ft by 4ft, the pop designers can reject or condemn it which will translate in other opinion that the contractor have done a bad job for you and that can cause misunderstanding btw you and your contractor because the ceiling noggin will need to later be convert to 2ft by 2ft spacing.

But the fact remain that the standard for both pop and pvc ceiling covering is 2ft by 4ft ceiling noggin spacing, because the binding wire they use to hook or hang this pop is not connected with ceiling noggin, it is actually hook or hang to the tie beam, because it is the tie beam that will carry the weight of the pop, only the yawn, the white thread materials is connect with the ceiling noggin, i'm saying all this base on experience.

3. Another important point is whether you have a parapet or not. If you have a parapet, you won't need facial board for your over hang extension design because the parapet will replace the facial board, and the additional 2 inches by 2 inches by 12 ft (2x2x12) woods for the outside noggin won't be needed but if you don't have a parapet then you will need some facial board and additional 2x2x12 woods for the outside noggin over hang extension construction.

4. The height of your roof also matter in determine quantity of woods that will be needed, if you are considering 12 ft before getting the quote and after getting the quote or the contract awarded, you now decide that the height of your roof should be 16 ft you need to know there will be need for more woods.

Answer to all this questions and making a decision gives you an opportunity to get accurate quote because they are very essentials.

Thanks

God bless you all

Note

First Picture is Stone coated

Second Picture is Metcopo

Third Picture is Stepped Tiles

Fourth Picture is Long Span Aluminum
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2018
HsLBroker:
(hardwood for sale 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 3x4, 1x12) lifelightproperties@gmail.com

08182481552, Whatsapp: 08182481552

www.lifelightproperties.
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 13, 2018
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 13, 2018
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 15, 2018
HsLBroker:

Thanks

God bless you all

Note

Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 16, 2018
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 1:40am On Oct 20, 2018
HsLBroker:

Thanks

God bless you all

Note

Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 21, 2018
HsLBroker:

Thanks

God bless you all

Note

Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 2:56am On Oct 25, 2018

Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 2:58am On Oct 25, 2018
still available for sale

Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 30, 2018
HsLBroker:
new work at prime estate
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 31, 2018
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 04, 2018
HsLBroker:
Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 05, 2018
HsLBroker:

Thanks

God bless you all

Note

Re: 5 Important Points For Accurate Quantity Of Woods Needed 4 Your Roofing Project. by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 08, 2018
HsLBroker:

Stepped and metecopo spacing is approximately 18 inches wish is 1 ft and 6 inches purlin spacing...

Thanks

God bless you all

Note

(1) (2) (Reply)

*3/2/4bedroom @ Wealthland Green Estate Ibeju Lekki In Affordable Price / ***** Get You Quality Paints Direct From Factory .***** / A Den Or A Nest? The Pines, Ibadan. The Nest Organic City, Mowe. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.