Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. (2909 Views)

Coronavirus And 5G: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Addresses Conspiracy Theory (Video / The Theory Of Pre-tribulation Rapture Is False. / The Journey To Becoming The Supreme Avatar - The Theory Of Everything. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
first of all, my aim of this topic is to capture the mind of the educated Muslim who think their religion is outdated and illogical and therefore can not be true especially in the age of science and technology.

this writing also aim to address the perspective of non Muslim toward Islam as a primitive religion and therefore should be cast away in the era of 21 century

In mathematics Theory of Probability simply mean If you have two options, out of which one is right, and one is wrong, the chances that you will chose the right one is half, i.e. one out of the two will be correct. You have 50% chances of being correct. Similarly if you toss a coin the chances that your guess will be correct is 50% (1 out of 2) i.e. 1/2. If you toss a coin the second time, the chances that you will be correct in the second toss is again 50% i.e. half. But the chances that you will be correct in both the tosses is half multiplied by half (1/2 x 1/2) which is equal to 1/4 i.e. 50% of 50% which is equal to 25%. If you toss a coin the third time, chances that you will be correct all three times is (1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2) that is 1/8 or 50% of 50% of 50% that is 12½%.

A dice has got six sides. If you throw a dice and guess any number between 1 to 6, the chances that your guess will be correct is 1/6. If you throw the dice the second time, the chances that your guess will be correct in both the throws is (1/6 x 1/6) which is equal to 1/36. If you throw the dice the third time, the chances that all your three guesses are correct is (1/6 x 1/6 x 1/6) is equal to 1/216 that is less than 0.5 %.

Let us apply this theory of probability to the Quran, and assume that a person has guessed all the information that is mentioned in the Qur’an which was unknown at that time. Let us discuss the probability of all the guesses being simultaneously correct.

At the time when the Quraan was revealed, people thought the world was flat, there are several other options for the shape of the earth. It could be triangular, it could be quadrangular, pentagonal, hexagonal, heptagonal, octagonal, spherical, etc. Lets assume there are about 30 different options for the shape of the earth. The Quran rightly says it is spherical, if it was a guess the chances of the guess being correct is 1/30.

The light of the moon can be its own light or a reflected light. The Quran rightly says it is a reflected light. If it is a guess, the chances that it will be correct is 1/2 and the probability that both the guesses i.e the earth is spherical and the light of the moon is reflected light is 1/30 x 1/2 = 1/60.

Further, the Qur’an also mentions every living thing is made of water. Every living thing can be made up of either wood, stone, copper, aluminum, steel, silver, gold, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, oil, water, cement, concrete, etc. The options are say about 10,000. The Qur’an rightly says that everything is made up of water. If it is a guess, the chances that it will be correct is 1/10,000 and the probability of all the three guesses i.e. the earth is spherical, light of moon is reflected light and everything is created from water being correct is 1/30 x 1/2 x 1/10,000 = 1/60,000 which is equal to about .0017%.

The Quraan speaks about hundreds of things that were not known to men at the time of its revelation. Only in three options the result is .0017%. I leave it upto you, to work out the probability if all the hundreds of the unknown facts were guesses, the chances of all of them being correct guesses simultaneously and there being not a single wrong guess. It is beyond human capacity to make all correct guesses without a single mistake, which itself is sufficient to prove to a logical person that the origin of the Quraan is Divine

please no insult. let us learn together. contribute if you think you have something to say that has not been included or wish to refute it logically.

mathematical approach will be highly welcome for the refuters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by abatisegun: 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2017
U have really tried jazakum Allahu khearan. But mind u Almighty Allah has challenged mankind and jinns to come with the similitude of Quaran but none is available up till today since Abt 1438 years. Some of the words in it has also proved it to b belonged to the creator u can get a copy read by yourself.

1 Like

Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by annunaki2(m): 6:19pm On Apr 09, 2017
Why don't you post the verses the quoran "clearly" made these claims to butress your point cause I have seen a Muslim make similar claims before and when he provided the so called verses, it was clear he was the one trying to twist and panel beat the quoran to say what it didn't say.

1 Like

Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2017
abatisegun:
U have really tried jazakum Allahu khearan. But mind u Almighty Allah has challenged mankind and jinns to come with the similitude of Quaran but none is available up till today since Abt 1438 years. Some of the words in it has also proved it to b belonged to the creator u can get a copy read by yourself.
may allah reward us abundantly in this dunniya and hereafter

1 Like

Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
annunaki2:
Why don't you post the verses the quoran "clearly" made these claims to butress your point cause I have seen a Muslim make similar claims before and when he provided the so called verses, it was clear he was the one trying to twist and panel beat the quoran to say what it didn't say.
yes you are right but i have a reason for making it that way for,now. my reason. a new topic will be develop to address it
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by annunaki2(m): 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
abatisegun:

In all reality the quoran is one of the worst piece of literature ever concocted. It has no chronology, it's disjointed and clearly spews a lot of thrash and hate teachings that is responsible for most of the trouble in the world today. This so called challenge by your Allah is pure Muslim delusion cause every single book I have read including cartoons and children's bedtime stories are far better written than the quoran and they even make more sense.
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
annunaki2:

In all reality the quoran is one of the worst piece of literature ever concocted. It has no chronology, it's disjointed and clearly spews a lot of thrash and hate teachings that is responsible for most of the trouble in the world today. This so called challenge by your Allah is pure Muslim delusion cause every single book I have read including cartoons and children's bedtime stories are far better written than the quoran and they even make more sense.
please dont you read the post well before you comment. no insult pls. am expecting a smart mind to debunk it logically,scientifically and mathematically if possible.no insullt pls i beg you by whaterver being you obey
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by annunaki2(m): 7:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
A88C:
please dont you read the post well before you comment. no insult pls. am expecting a smart mind to debunk it logically,scientifically and mathematically if possible.no insullt pls i beg you by whaterver being you obey

I did not insult but just stated obvious facts about the quoran. Meanwhile you are yet to substantiate the outlandish claims you made about the quoran by providing the relevant verses.
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
annunaki2:

I did not insult but just stated obvious facts about the quoran. Meanwhile you are yet to substantiate the outlandish claims you made about the quoran by providing the relevant verses.
please what you posted is not fact,it is called personal veiw. it only become fact when you can radically proof it beyound reasonable doubt that the quran is false. you have to ensure your strenght of logic is very sound. i have a reason for not providing the verses for now. i will present it in my new topic which will be called, quran in tbe llight of science. hope that answer your question.
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by tintingz(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
@OP, the Quran was not the book that first said the earth is spherical in shape, Greek philosophers already discovered the earth to be spherical before Islam came.

Many of the things you mentioned were already known by early philosophers.

1 Like

Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by bolinjkezzy(m): 8:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
Give me the verse in the Quran that state that the earth z spherical?

2 Likes

Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by masseratti: 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
Op in what verse did the Quran said the earth is spherical?
Everything on earth did not come from water ooooo.
btw if kaaba is the center of the universe,how do you jutaxpose that with a spherical earth.
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
tintingz:
@OP, the Quran was not the book that first said the earth is spherical in shape, Greek philosophers already discovered the earth to be spherical before Islam came.

Many of the things you mentioned were alrfirstleady known by early philosophers.
firstly i will like to know if your history background is very sound and accurate? if not the argument i want to engage you with is not for you. the quarashi kingdom (the tribe of muhammed saw)is very backward before the emergence of islam and there was a very high number of iliteracy of which the prophet muhammed is among , those who aare scholar then are mainly on theology which is far fron science. science knowledge gradually approach the qurashi tribe after qarashi kingdom become part of the arabian penusular which are present day syria ,saudi arabia the golf and yemen.by this explanation muhammed(saw)can not have recieved the information before the almagamation of the arabian penusular if trully any geographer exist before the prophet,hope that settle your clkaim?
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by tintingz(m): 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
A88C:
firstly i will like to know if your history background is very sound and accurate? if not the argument i want to engage you with is not for you. the quarashi kingdom (the tribe of muhammed saw)is very backward before the emergence of islam and there was a very high number of iliteracy of which the prophet muhammed is among , those who aare scholar then are mainly on theology which is far fron science. science knowledge gradually approach the qurashi tribe after qarashi kingdom become part of the arabian penusular which are present day syria ,saudi arabia the golf and yemen.by this explanation muhammed(saw)can not have recieved the information before the almagamation of the arabian penusular if trully any geographer exist before the prophet,hope that settle your clkaim?
So in a nutshell, the Arabs were the ones ignorant then.
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by abatisegun: 9:01pm On Apr 09, 2017
annunaki2:

. I pity u and ur generation. Because if u don't retract ur statement I fear 4 u the wrath of Allah upon u
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
bolinjkezzy:
Give me the verse in the Quran that state that the earth z spherical?
well i wanted to keep the verse for my new topic . quran in the light of science. it seems you are in haste and for the sake of others. qurran chapter 21 vs 33 state that And he allah is he who created the night and day,the sun and the moon, they float each in a falak. falak is an arabic word for round . ta fa la ka means the girl breast is round. where do you get the information of kaaba seatting on the center of the earth?provide fact not statement. kaaba is in triangle shape therefore it can not br located in the center
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
tintingz:
So in a nutshell, the Arabs were the ones ignorant then.
the purpose of this post is to proof the accurate data of the quran against science concept and not to fight who first said this or that.please be smart enough before you answer question. the geograher you quote has no presence also in mediterania as well as isreal and palestine even to far east china. meaning the information also has not reached there.
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by tintingz(m): 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2017
A88C:
the purpose of this post is to proof the accurate data of the quran against science concept and not to fight who first said this or that.please be smart enough before you answer question. the geograher you quote has no presence also in mediterania as well as isreal and palestine even to far east china. meaning the information also has not reached there.
You are confusing yourself.

You claim no one has the knowledge that earth was spherical and I told you the Greek philosophers were the first to discover the earth to be spherical before Islam came, the information must have reached other lands until you provide evidence that other nations didn't know the earth was spherical. You should have focused on Arabs but I didn't see that in your write up.

Most of what you said were already discovered in other places before Islam came.

And lastly, Quran is not a scientific book, so don't bother doing shenanigan here.
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 09, 2017
tintingz:
You are confusing yourself.

You claim no one has the knowledge that earth was spherical and I told you the Greek philosophers were the first to discover the earth to be spherical before Islam came, the information must have reached other lands until you provide evidence that other nations didn't know the earth was spherical. You should have focused on Arabs but I didn't see that in your write up.

Most of what you said were already discovered in other pmlaces before Islam came.
my problems with so many muslim antagonist is the argument they do put forward on writting. firstly provide an evidence that the information has reached other place apart from greek alone . even to this i do no accept your claim if any geographer has provide an information in relation with your statement. i will do my own findings and i will get back to you if you are wrong or right? let even say you are right for the sake of argument. muhamed has no contact with the geographer unless you can proof otherwise.yet the information was given by an illiterate that spread to egypt,iran and pakistan. which are not arabs. this alone is a wonder.please provide the name of the greek philosopher?
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 09, 2017
abatisegun:
. I pity u and ur generation. Because if u don't retract ur statement I fear 4 u the wrath of Allah upon u

threats typical jihadi mentality, allah is a pagan 11th century arabian deity he can do nothing. the only people scared of his wrath are deluded muslims. the same way only xtians are scared of Yahweh s wrath. only the wrath you mean is tgat of abubakar shekau.

1 Like

Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
[quote author=tintingz post=55422664]You are confusing yourself.

Most of what you said were already discovered in other places before Islam came.

And lastly, Quran is not a scientific book, so don't bother doing shenanigan here.[/quotep]please provide the name of the greek philosopher?
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by tintingz(m): 10:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
A88C:
my problems with so many muslim antagonist is the argument they do put forward on writting.
Do you know I'm a Muslim?

firstly provide an evidence that the information has reached other place apart from greek alone . even to this i do no accept your claim if any geographer has provide an information in relation with your statement. i will do my own findings and i will get back to you if you are wrong or right?
Many nations knew the earth is sphere, Islam didn't inform them that, even among early Muslims there were arguments if the earth is flat or sphere/round.

The Abbasid Caliphate saw a great flowering of astronomy and mathematics in the 9th century AD, in which Muslim scholars translated Ptolemy's work, which became the Almagest, and extended and updated his work based on spherical ideas. Since then, these have generally been respected.

Here it shows the early Muslims came across Ptolemy's book who also discovered the shape of earth, how come?

Argument 1.
Ibn Hazm states in his in fatwas Al-Fasl fi’l-Milal wa’l-Ahwa’ wa’l-Nihal that there is sound evidence in the Quran and hadiths that the earth is round, but the common folk say otherwise. He further states: "Our response – is that none of the leading Muslim scholars who deserve to be called imams or leaders in knowledge (may Allah be pleased with them) denied that the earth is round, and there is no narration from them to deny that. Rather the evidence in the Quran and Sunnah stated that it is round."[115]

Argument 2.
A later classic Sunni commentary, the Tafsir al-Jalalayn written in the early 16th century, says "As for His words sutihat, ‘laid out flat’, this on a literal reading suggests that the earth is flat, which is the opinion of most of the scholars of the [revealed] Law, and not a sphere as astronomers (ahl al-hay’a) have it, even if this [latter] does not contradict any of the pillars of the Law."[116][dubious ] Other translations render "made flat" as "spread out".[117]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth#Ancient_China

Now to show you some nations already knew about the sphere earth shape.

Europeans knew the Earth was round from as far back as Aristotle in the 4th century B.C. In the 3rd century B.C., Eratosthenes computed the circumference of the Earth with geometry and measurements of shadows cast by tall objects in Alexandria and Aswan. In the 1st century B.C., Posidonius used stellar observations at Alexandria and Rhodes to confirm Eratosthenese’s measurements.
http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/10/how-far-back-did-people-know-earth-was-round/

Someone like Columbus also discovered the earth was sphere/round. China once believed the earth to be flat until the Jesuit came to inform them.

So oga i am waiting for your evidence.

let even say you are right for the sake of argument. muhamed has no contact with the geographer unless you can proof otherwise.yet the information was given by an illiterate that spread to egypt,iran and pakistan. which are not arabs. this alone is a wonder.
If the early Muslims certainly knew the earth was round/sphere why are they still reading Ptolemy's book?

And lastly, there is no statement in the Quran that boldly said the earth is round/sphere.

2 Likes

Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by tintingz(m): 10:58pm On Apr 09, 2017
A88C:
please provide the name of the greek philosopher?
Now I know you know nothing about history.

- Pythagoras

- Plato

- Aristotle

- Eratosthenes

- Seleucus of Seleucia

- Posidonius

- Claudius Ptolemy

1 Like

Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 09, 2017
tintingz:

Many nations knows the earth is sphere, Islam didn't tell them that, even among early Muslims there were arguments if the earth is flat or sphere/round.

The Abbasid Caliphate saw a great flowering of astronomy and mathematics in the 9th century AD, in which Muslim scholars translated Ptolemy's work, which became the Almagest, and extended and updated his work based on spherical ideas. Since then, these have generally been respected.

Here is shows the early Muslims came across Ptolemy's book who also discover the shape of earth, how come?

Argument 1.
Ibn Hazm states in his in fatwas Al-Fasl fi’l-Milal wa’l-Ahwa’ wa’l-Nihal that there is sound evidence in the Quran and hadiths that the earth is round, but the common folk say otherwise. He further states: "Our response – is that none of the leading Muslim scholars who deserve to be called imams or leaders in knowledge (may Allah be pleased with them) denied that the earth is round, and there is no narration from them to deny that. Rather the evidence in the Quran and Sunnah stated that it is round."[115]

Argument 2.
do i know you are a muslim? i seriously doubt it. if you are truthful,muslim please write it with your name that you belive in allah as only one GOD and muhammed is his messenger so that i can clear my doubt. and approach you with a diffrent perspective.first islam is a religion of reason and logic. some may argue it if otherwise

According to diffrent fatwa that was given in related to,quran 21 vs 33.majority of the scholars agree the verse said the earth was spherical. in yor write-up you made claim that there was evidence that early muslim in 9 century came in contact with the astronomer and mathematician and therfore must have read plotomy book which give an accurate explanation concerning the,state of the earth. i dont know where you pull this from but it is very untrue. you know why?

there was a muslim asronomist by the name AL-MAMUN in the 830AD which is 8century and that predate 9th century of your claim.he commission a group of muslim asrtronomer and geographer to measure the distance of tadmar to raqqah in the mordarn day SYRIA .they calculate the earth circumference reaching the njmber very close to current mordarn values. my evidence can be accessed online if you wish to know better. base on this astronomers and geographer exist in the arab world before 9th,century and by standard quran has always,been their watch guide. therefore your articule is highly invalid.

my question to you. give me the name of the greek,philosopher that prediate the quran claim? the fatwa given against the earth is spherical was taken from which part of quran?hopefully you will be able to answer?
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 09, 2017
tintingz:

Many nations knew the earth is sphere, Islam didn't inform them that, even among early Muslims there were arguments if the earth is flat or sphere/round.

Here it shows the early Muslims came across Ptolemy's book who also discovered the shape of earth, how come?

Argument 1.

Argument 2.
A later classic Sunni commentary, the Tafsir al-Jalalayn written in the early 16th century, says "As for His words sutihat, ‘laid out flat’, this on a literal reading suggests that the earth is flat, which is the opinion of most of the scholars of the [revealed] Law, and not a sphere as astronomers (ahl al-hay’a) have it, even if this [latter] does not contradict any of the pillars of the Law."[116][dubious ] Other translations render "made flat" as "spread out".[117]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth#Ancient_China

Now to show you some nations already knew about the sphere earth shape.

Europeans knew the Earth was round from as far back as Aristotle in the 4th century B.C. In the 3rd century B.C., Eratosthenes computed the circumference of the Earth with geometry and measurements of shadows cast by tall objects in Alexandria and Aswan. In the 1st century B.C., Posidonius used stellar observations at Alexandria and Rhodes to confirm Eratosthenese’s measurements.
http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/10/how-far-back-did-people-know-earth-was-round/

Someone like Columbus also discovered the earth was sphere/round. China once believed the earth to be flat until the Jesuit came to inform them.

So oga i am waiting for your evidence.

If the early Muslims certainly knew the earth was round/sphere why are they still reading Ptolemy's book?

And lastly, there is no statement in the Quran that boldly said the earth is round/sphere.
ptolemy,book ? am lost here you can at least put on some englight here? is there no statement in the quran that bodly say round /sphere. yes there is read quran 21 vs 33.

muslim are advice to seek knowledge becuse knowledge is an enlightment reading what you called it is also part of it.
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
tintingz:
Now I know you know nothing about history.

- Pythagoras

- Plato

- Aristotle

- Eratosthenes

- Seleucus of Seleucia

- Posidonius

- Claudius Ptolemy
no evidence that all this people you mention made mention of it. i recently do a google search,with each of the name and i,can not find,one in realated to the acclaim you falsely give them.

however i saw a name called GALILEO -gallilai from greek that reign from,the period of,1616 to,1633 which far outdate when qura,made claim of the subject in topic of discussion(the,earth is spherical)even the theory he develop was not actually a proof that the earth is spherical. he develop a theory called HELIOCENTRISM which is not,related to the notion that the earth is sphere. so no, realiable proof that any,philosopher claim the notion.
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by tintingz(m): 12:26am On Apr 10, 2017
A88C:
ptolemy,book ? am lost here you can at least put on some englight here? is there no statement in the quran that bodly say round /sphere. yes there is read quran 21 vs 33.

muslim are advice to seek knowledge becuse knowledge is an enlightment reading what you called it is also part of it.
That verse you mentioned is even unscientific, how does sun orbit the earth?

Again that verse does not boldly said, the earth is sphere/round.
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by tintingz(m): 12:34am On Apr 10, 2017
A88C:
no evidence that all this people you mention made mention of it. i recently do a google search,with each of the name and i,can not find,one in realated to the acclaim you falsely give them.

however i saw a name called GALILEO -gallilai from greek that reign from,the period of,1616 to,1633 which far outdate when qura,made claim of the subject in topic of discussion(the,earth is spherical)even the theory he develop was not actually a proof that the earth is spherical. he develop a theory called HELIOCENTRISM which is not,related to the notion that the earth is sphere. so no, realiable proof that any,philosopher claim the notion.
Lol, you did no research. grin

Let me tip you Aristotle, since he's the most popular:

Aristotle (384–322 BC) was Plato's prize student and "the mind of the school".[21] Aristotle observed "there are stars seen in Egypt and [...] Cyprus which are not seen in the northerly regions." Since this could only happen on a curved surface, he too believed Earth was a sphere "of no great size, for otherwise the effect of so slight a change of place would not be quickly apparent." (De caelo, 298a2–10)

Aristotle provided physical and observational arguments supporting the idea of a spherical Earth:

Every portion of the Earth tends toward the centre until by compression and convergence they form a sphere. (De caelo, 297a9–21)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_Earth

You should know that Aristotle was Plato's student and these philosophers(including the listed ones) lived before Muhammad (SA) came.

You can read about all the philosophers that discovered spherical earth shape. I don't have time to copy and paste.
>>>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_Earth
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by tintingz(m): 12:47am On Apr 10, 2017
A88C:
do i know you are a muslim? i seriously doubt it. if you are truthful,muslim please write it with your name that you belive in allah as only one GOD and muhammed is his messenger so that i can clear my doubt. and approach you with a diffrent perspective.first islam is a religion of reason and logic. some may argue it if otherwise

According to diffrent fatwa that was given in related to,quran 21 vs 33.majority of the scholars agree the verse said the earth was spherical. in yor write-up you made claim that there was evidence that early muslim in 9 century came in contact with the astronomer and mathematician and therfore must have read plotomy book which give an accurate explanation concerning the,state of the earth. i dont know where you pull this from but it is very untrue. you know why?

there was a muslim asronomist by the name AL-MAMUN in the 830AD which is 8century and that predate 9th century of your claim.he commission a group of muslim asrtronomer and geographer to measure the distance of tadmar to raqqah in the mordarn day SYRIA .they calculate the earth circumference reaching the njmber very close to current mordarn values. my evidence can be accessed online if you wish to know better. base on this astronomers and geographer exist in the arab world before 9th,century and by standard quran has always,been their watch guide. therefore your articule is highly invalid.

my question to you. give me the name of the greek,philosopher that prediate the quran claim? the fatwa given against the earth is spherical was taken from which part of quran?hopefully you will be able to answer?
Ptolemy lived before Muhammad came and he has discovered the spherical earth shape. The thing is why were early Muslims reading his books if indeed they knew the earth was round? Like have said it was an argument if the earth was round or flat among early Muslim scholars.

Another Greek philosopher:

Pythagoras:

Early Greek philosophers alluded to a spherical Earth, though with some ambiguity.[14] Pythagoras (6th century BC) was among those said to have originated the idea, but this may reflect the ancient Greek practice of ascribing every discovery to one or another of their ancient wise men.

This philosopher also lived way back before Muhammad (SA) came.
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 10, 2017
tintingz:
Ptolemy lived before Muhammad came and he has discovered the spherical earth shape. The thing is why were early Muslims reading his books if indeed they knew the earth was round? Like have said it was an argument if the earth was round or flat among early Muslim scholars.

Pythagoras:

Early Greek philosophers alluded to a spherical Earth, though with some ambiguity.[14] Pythagoras (6th century BC) was among those said to have originated the idea, but this may reflect the ancient Greek practice of ascribing every discovery to one or another of their ancient wise men.

first of all,you were unable to establish if you are muslim or not. i ask you to proof it if otherwise by stating the kalimotu shaadah. thereofore i consider you a blasphemer until you can srate the kalimotu shaadah with your name.

if you are really folllwing the history backgrround i presented muhammed(saw)and his tribal men did not have access to great pbilosopher of that time becuse of them live in far greek which is as far from present day saudi arabia to china. so muhammed had no knowledge of whom you accused him of copying all the muslim as of that time.

during the time of the prophet it was of the period of poet and literature amd not science in the arabia world in general. science began to grow after the revelation of the holy quran when muslim were begining to question some sciencetifical claim of the holy quran.

put in mind the arabian penusular was a disjointed zone before and after the prophet. the penusular was amalgamated by one of the saiabah of the prophet name umar(saw)
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 10, 2017
tintingz:

Pythagoras:

first of all,you were unable to establish if you are muslim or not. i ask you to proof it if otherwise by stating the kalimotu shaadah. thereofore i consider you a blasphemer until you can srate the kalimotu shaadah with your name.

if you are really folllwing the history backgrround i presented muhammed(saw)and his tribal men did not have access to great pbilosopher of that time becuse of them live in far greek which is as far from present day saudi arabia to china. so muhammed had no knowledge of whom you accused him of copying all the muslim as of that time.

during the time of the prophet it was of the period of poet and literature amd not science in the arabia world in general. science began to grow after the revelation of the holy quran when muslim were begining to question some sciencetifical claim of the holy quran.

put in mind the arabian penusular was a disjointed zone before and after the prophet. the penusular was amalgamated by one of the saiabah of the prophet name umar(saw)it was through him that help made arabian a kingdom of diffrent tribe.

the claim that the name you mention existed before the prophet might be true but he dsoes not have anything to do with the claim of the earth is sphere or those he made mention of the fact in his book. you know that is not true.

islam encourage us to seek for knowledge even from third source so far it is accepted by the sunnnah and sharriah. i will not be suprised if muslim were reading his book. but not until when the arabia kingdom got united.and the quran as already made the claim then not anyhuman. so this fact debunk your aim.

the question i raised thereof has not yet be answer. which part of the quran verses do the scholars agreed upon that quran state otherwise. who claim the fact before the quran
Re: Using Theory Of Probability To Proof The Authenticity Of Quran. by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 10, 2017
tintingz:
Lol, you did no research. grin

Let me tip you Aristotle, since he's the most popular:

Aristotle (384–322 BC) was Plato's prize student and "the mind of the school".[21] Aristotle observed "there are stars seen in Egypt and [...] Cyprus which are not seen in the northerly regions." Since this could only happen on a curved surface, he too believed Earth was a sphere "of no great size, for otherwise the effect of so slight a change of place would not be quickly apparent." (De caelo, 298a2–10)

Aristotle provided physical and observational arguments supporting the idea of a spherical Earth:

Every portion of the Earth tends toward the centre until by compression and convergence they form a sphere. (De caelo, 297a9–21)

You should know that Aristotle was Plato's student and these philosophers(including the listed ones) lived before Muhammad (SA) came.

You can read about all the philosophers that discovered spherical earth shape. I don't have time to copy and paste.
>>>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_Earth
i do not read from wikipedia. wikipedia is a souce anybody can posr and copy from. i read from well aproove authorify not wiki.

i do made research and no claim from science encylocopedia that aristotle
that he was credited with the record of having the record of spherical earth. go to googl book search the name of aristiotle and his record. extract any claim there and post it here with the name oc the book not wiki.

aristotle existed before the prophet.but the quarishi tribe did not have record of him meaning the prophet has no connection with hum also.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Committed Suicide – Twitter User / Atheists In The House, Come In (photo) / February 2018 Global Communion Service With Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.