Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post (1857 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Ali Modu Sheriff's Convoy, Kills 3 Policemen, 2 Others / Ali Modu Sheriff Greets Wike At PDP Meeting With Jonathan (photos) / Ali Modu Sheriff Walks Out Of Goodluck Jonathan's Reconciliation Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by Lancer1(m): 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
Speaking at a meeting with Anambra PDP stakeholders in Enugu, ahead of the governorship poll, Sheriff said the state would be recaptured by the party.

Anambra was among the states governed by the PDP when Nigeria returned to civil rule in 1999.

However, the party eventually lost control of the state, which is currently ruled by the All Progressives Grand Alliance.

The All Progressives Congress has also mapped out plans to gain influence in the South-East by taking control of Anambra State during the governorship election.

Sheriff, who had been engaged in a supremacy tussle with former Kaduna State governor, Ahmed Makarfi, over the leadership of the party, implored all PDP members to join hands with him to return the party to winning ways.

Stressing that ‘Anambra is a PDP state’, the former Borno State governor said he would draw from his experience in grassroots politics to deliver the state.

“Anambra is a PDP state; we are taking over the state this year.

“I am a grassroots politician – for you to win any election you have to get people from the grassroots.

“Without the people from the grassroots, no party will win election

“In my life, I have never failed any election – I started winning elections from councillorship to the top,” Sheriff boasted.

“It pains me that a state that was PDP state, by omission or commission, another party takes over the place,” he added.

Sheriff stressed that since an appeal court ruling has recognised him as the authentic national chairman of the party, he has vowed to make sure that Anambra State reverts to its original status as a PDP state.

He also revealed that a reconciliation committee has been set up to resolve problems in the Anambra State chapter of the party.

The planned reconciliation is aimed at ensuring that the embattled party forged a united front in the governorship poll.

“A reconciliation committee has been set up by the party to resolve all issues affecting the misfortune of the party in the state,” Sheriff disclosed.

Calling on PDP members in the state to work for the party’s victory in the forthcoming gubernatorial election, Sheriff said the party would thrive under his leadership.

“Anambra PDP must come together as one and win the state for PDP in the coming election,” he said.

The deputy governors of Enugu and Ebonyi states attended the stakeholders meeting, which held at Nike Lake Resorts, Enugu.

No reason was given‎ for the decision to hold the Anambra PDP stakeholders meeting in Enugu.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by sarrki(m): 6:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
Sherrif forget Anambra

Willie is working

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by henrysam(m): 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2017
This guy is a dreamer. He has not sat down well as the chairman of pdp. Dreaming about an Anambra
He surely want to win the state for apc
Cos I know he's surely working for the ruling party.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by malakus(m): 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2017
Ohh
Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
Anambra will remain APGA

In fact if Sheriff does not step down South East will turn APGA

9 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by sarrki(m): 7:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
krendo:
Anambra will remain APGA

In fact if Sheriff does not step down South East will turn APGA

Uncle?

Stop day dreaming

If coz of ikemba odimegwu ojukwu SE

Did not vote apga

What makes you think they will now

Rather they choose their adopted son

That neglected the region

The way he did to others

Aside the core north that abandoned him

Then they will never
Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by Ejanla07: 7:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
Sheriff is really dreaming. D Anambra i kno. Lol

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by Ejanla07: 7:21pm On Apr 10, 2017
sarrki:

Uncle?

Stop day dreaming

If coz of ikemba odimegwu ojukwu SE

They choose their adopted son

That neglected the region

The way he did to others

Aside the core north that abandoned him

Then they will never

My yoruba muslim brother. Wat r u saying?

We yoruba muslims

10 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by sarrki(m): 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
Ejanla07:

My yoruba muslim brother. Wat r u saying?

We yoruba muslims

Lol

Let's all agree am a Yoruba Muslim

How is your religion superior to mine

Some people are worst than boko haram

They incite and preach hatred

If nt for the technology of the white to construct ship

Will you ever know that religion you are making noise about?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by Ejanla07: 7:36pm On Apr 10, 2017
sarrki:

Lol

My yoruba muslim brother. What are you talking about?

7 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by ificatchmodeh: 7:43pm On Apr 10, 2017
Ejanla07:

My yoruba muslim brother. What are you talking about?

the guy brain no dey boot..

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by Prince081: 7:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
Anambra is better of with APGA. We have seen the difference between light and darkness. Chinwoke Mbadinuju of PDP governed Anambra for 8yrs. He could not pay teachers and civil servants for 12 months which led to school children staying at home due to strike action. Sherrif, please be guided "Anambra is not PDP. Anambra has a mind of its own and sticks to the party that have consistently delivered.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
The Owner of PDP has spoken.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by cktheluckyman: 8:54pm On Apr 10, 2017
sarrki:

Lol

Anambrarians are not Yoruba's.Neither are they Muslims. PDP will not win the anambra election whether the chairman is sheriff nor even makarfi.The APC will not even win in any polling station

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by sarrkii: 8:55pm On Apr 10, 2017
Sheriff Is An Enemy of State.

A party Chairman Recognized only in the Courts
Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by Davny(m): 11:12pm On Apr 10, 2017
The devil I know is way better than the angel i don't.. Apc and Pdp bunch of criminals. Apga all the way
Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by Mykelpato(m): 11:55pm On Apr 10, 2017
#iStandWithAndyUba
Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 11, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Anambrarians are not Yoruba's.Neither are they Muslims. PDP will not win the anambra election lwhether the chairman is sheriff nor even makarfi.The APC will not even win in any polling station
But you admit that your Christianity is an alien religion just like Islam?

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by nonsobaba: 12:40am On Apr 11, 2017
LOL

Sheriff knows that Anambra state is out of bounds to PDP and their shambolic apparatus, so he stayed back in Enugu to hold the kangaroo stakeholder meeting.
Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by coolcatty: 1:16am On Apr 11, 2017
Prince081:
Anambra is better of with APGA. We have seen the difference between light and darkness. Chinwoke Mbadinuju of PDP governed Anambra for 8yrs. He could not pay teachers and civil servants for 12 months which led to school children staying at home due to strike action. Sherrif, please be guided "Anambra is not PDP. Anambra has a mind of its own and sticks to the party that have consistently delivered.

iti akwu....mega dullard of igba...mbadinuju ruled for 4years.....he established Anambra State University now known as Chukwuemeka Odemegwu Ojukwu University.......atleast Mbadinuju left a befitting legacy for the state....what has your willie done apart from paying salaries??

PDP will sweep Anambra clean if only they present Osita Chidoka.....go and mark my words
Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by cktheluckyman: 3:54am On Apr 11, 2017
coolcatty:

iti akwu....mega dullard of igba...mbadinuju ruled for 4years.....he established Anambra State University now known as Chukwuemeka Odemegwu Ojukwu University.......atleast Mbadinuju left a befitting legacy for the state....what has your willie done apart from paying salaries??

PDP will sweep Anambra clean if only they present Osita Chidoka.....go and mark my words
Sweep indeed. Obiano is definitely winning a third term
Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by 2016v2017: 4:26am On Apr 11, 2017
henrysam:
This guy is a dreamer. He has not sat down well as the chairman of pdp. Dreaming about an Anambra
He surely want to win the state for apc
Cos I know he's surely working for the ruling party.
Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by morbeta(m): 5:00am On Apr 11, 2017
Anambra is a bridge too far.....
Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by kasheemawo(m): 6:40am On Apr 11, 2017
This same people commented above still want Biafra or death cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:39am On Apr 11, 2017
Mykelpato:
#iStandWithAndyUba
Andy Uba is from my zone,I assure u that,he is not going to get our vote.
Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by coolcatty: 12:34am On Apr 12, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Sweep indeed. Obiano is definitely winning a third term

Nwanne m,i believe we all share the same passion for our beloved state...but biko mark my words and bookmark this page......PDP will sweep Anambra State if it presents Osita Chidoka.
Re: 2019 Election: Ali Modu Sheriff 'eyes' Anambra Gubernatorial Post by Yyeske(m): 3:07am On Apr 12, 2017
Willie is coming back, all contenders should back off instead of wasting money.
My humble opinion

(1) (Reply)

Satellite Photo Of Newly Completed Kano Underpass / Kunle Olajide: We Will Sacked All The Yoruba Leaders That Shunned Ibadan Summit / IPOB Using Fake Videos To Hoodwink International Community – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.