Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,515 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu (1694 Views)

OPC Gets New Chairman / Wild Jubilation In P/harcourt As Kanu Arrives, Meets With Ijaw Elders (video+pic / The Weapons Army Recovered From Militants In Ondo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by AsiwajuNdigbo: 6:52am On Apr 11, 2017
The Oodua People’s Congress (OPC), a socio-cultural group in Nigeria’s south-west has threatened to carry out a raid in the Ikorodu area to avenge the death of its members killed in an attack carried out by suspected militants on Sunday.

At least 4 police officers and one member of the Nigerian Army were also gunned down on Sunday after running into an ambush set by the militants.

Residents of the Ishawo area in Ikorodu where the attacks happened told newsmen on Monday that the OPC group, reputed for occasional resort to violence, advised residents to relocate from the area to avoid being caught in the crossfire during its raid of militants hideout.

One resident said many people who lived in the area had started to move out after noticing the OPC group holding meetings possibly ahead of carrying out its threats.

A community leader, Raheem Olanrewaju told newsmen that 9 persons including a 2-year-old boy, Chibuike Okeke, allegedly abducted by the militants during the Ikorodu attack were still in captivity.

He said the kidnappers had contacted them but only asked for N3,000 worth of recharge card to make what they called “an urgent call”.

He said: ”A boy was kidnapped and they are yet to get back to us to tell us how much ransom we should bring. You can see that this place has become lonely. People have fled. No one knows what would happen next.

“They killed Osazie, a landlord and a two-year-old boy. The militants killed them. They also shot Mr. Ojo and his wife. They are in the hospital. A little girl and her mother sustained gunshot injuries as well. So many people were injured in the attack. I don’t know the name of the boy that was killed,” Olanrewaju told The Nation.

The Ikorodu attack came as a surprise to many following many months of peace in the area and other parts of Lagos terrorised by militants in 2016.

Combined operations of the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Airforce had resulted in the destruction of camps used by the militants while a handful were arrested or killed.

The Lagos state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) while consoling the victims of the Ikorodu attack has however assured residents that the state government had all it took to address the security challenge posed by the militants.

1 Like

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by sarrki(m): 6:56am On Apr 11, 2017
Npf as failed God and humanity
Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by Atiku2019: 6:59am On Apr 11, 2017
Too Bad cry cry cry
Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by Ikwokrikwo: 7:01am On Apr 11, 2017
sarrki:
Buhari has failed God and humanity
True

7 Likes

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by psucc(m): 7:03am On Apr 11, 2017
I still doubt if these militants are of the Ijaw stock. Does it mean any militant is from South South? A careful study ot investigation will reveal that this group has just sprung up under the nose of the OPC

7 Likes

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by temodent(m): 7:04am On Apr 11, 2017
This would have been a good response to the persistent attacks by the militants but I see it as an empty threat. I challenge them to go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by Ikwokrikwo: 7:04am On Apr 11, 2017
If it's Yoruba, forget it, it's an empty threat.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by Ikwokrikwo: 7:07am On Apr 11, 2017
psucc:
I still doubt if these militants are of the Ijaw stock. Does it mean any militant is from South South? A careful study ot investigation will reveal that this group has just sprung up under the nose of the OPC
They are Yoruba muslim terrorists.

8 Likes

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by Khd95(m): 7:11am On Apr 11, 2017
psucc:
just like how some ipob elements attack villages in enugu,kill farmers nd burn house nd blame it on fulani elements shey

Wehdonsir

call a spade a spade,not a farm tool, these militants are from ijaw creeks,cos thats what they are good at.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by omowolewa: 7:20am On Apr 11, 2017
Agbe koya style
Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by freeDR(m): 7:25am On Apr 11, 2017
Ikwokrikwo:
If it's Yoruba, forget it, it's an empty threat.
Remember Ile-Ife.

5 Likes

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by Mckennedy: 7:28am On Apr 11, 2017
Khd95:
just like how some ipob elements attack villages in enugu,kill farmers nd burn house nd blame it on fulani elements shey

Wehdonsir

call a spade a spade,not a farm tool, these militants are from ijaw creeks,cos thats what they are good at.

TRASH

1 Like

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by Karlman: 7:28am On Apr 11, 2017
Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by Mckennedy: 7:31am On Apr 11, 2017
freeDR:

Remember Ile-Ife.

After ile-ife what happened? Ain't Afonjas paying for it ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:34am On Apr 11, 2017
Ijaws are not responsible for the militancy in Ikorodu. I don't care the tribes of the criminals involved but the idea of labelling every terrorist in the South "Ijaws" is highly irresponsible and pathetic.

As for the terrorists, may their evil consume them.

3 Likes

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by freeDR(m): 7:35am On Apr 11, 2017
Mckennedy:

But the deed was already done. What happened in ile ife wasn't an empty threat, was it?

5 Likes

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by Lusola15: 7:37am On Apr 11, 2017
The is a price for Peace
Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by Zeddicuz(m): 7:40am On Apr 11, 2017
Those children of perdition from the polluted land of Ijaw will face d wrath of oduduwa very soon,,it is hightime we chase all ijaw people from Lagos,they are all militants nd terrorists, OPC shall wipe them out

1 Like

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by Legitbaba(m): 7:43am On Apr 11, 2017
very good ....oya, OPC, go and change to snake and fight them
Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by VirginFinder: 7:47am On Apr 11, 2017
Mckennedy:

And what are they paying?

The abookis/herdsmen who dared kidnap Olu Falae - all numbering 9 or thereabout - have been sentenced to life imprisonment.

Yorubas will always come out tops!!

4 Likes

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by asksteve(m): 7:49am On Apr 11, 2017
OP y is it dat u must ascribe Ijaw to every militancy.
Does Lagos look like Niger-Delta?
What would Ijaw militant come to do in Lagos?

Pls stop insulting our intelligence and this campaign of calumny against the Ijaw people.

It has been established sometime back that theses people you call Ijaws are Lagos state governor Ambodes' kingsmen from Ondo state dat he imported into Lagos for 2015 election purpose n has refused to settle them so they decided to ply their trade on the residents. Or have u forgotten the Iba, Festac, etc. incident by them before the military onslaught.

Pls get ur facts straight n stop this ur campaign of calumny.

Funny enough u only find Ijaw in the caption n no where else in the story, so I ask, op r u trying to gain traffic with the Ijaw name?

OP check ur dictionary Ijaw is not another word for militancy.

I no ur type u've neva left ur enclave, tnks to d internet else u wont event no Ijaws or oda tribes exist. My bro travel n c n stop labelling people wat they r not.

7 Likes

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by Ikwokrikwo: 7:59am On Apr 11, 2017
freeDR:

Remember Ile-Ife.
I remember Mile 12

1 Like

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by BLACKdagger: 7:59am On Apr 11, 2017
undecided
Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by asksteve(m): 8:18am On Apr 11, 2017
Khd95:

Wehdonsir

To whomsoever posted that tin

My bro if that is wat u believe happened in Nebo, den its pathetic how u think.

Has politics so divided us dat we don't have any strand of humanity left in us?

Assuming ur siblings or relative was in Nebo wen the massacre occurred will u be spuuing this trash.

My prayer is it doesn't happen in ur hometown else u'll get the same response from people.

Mind u I am not from d east, I was only opportuned to see first hand the carnage that was carried out in Nebo n I tell u as a human being with my humanity intact its not a sight to behold, not even close to wat u'll wish ur enemy.

N on the Ijaw n Ambodes' brothers from Info issue, get ur facts right n stop the falsehood except u r telling me Ambode is partly Ijaw, I suppose no.
Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by haffaze777(m): 8:31am On Apr 11, 2017
asksteve:

My bro if that is wat u believe happened in Nebo, den its pathetic how u think.

Has politics so divided us dat we don't have any strand of humanity left in us?

Assuming ur siblings or relative was in Nebo wen the massacre occurred will u be spuuing this trash.

My prayer is it doesn't happen in ur hometown else u'll get the same response from people.

Mind u I am not from d east, I was only opportuned to see first hand the carnage that was carried out in Nebo n I tell u as a human being with myvhumanity still intact its not a sight to behold, not even close to wat u'll wish ur enemy.

On the Ijaw n Ambodes' brothers from Info issue, get ur facts right n stop the falsehood except u r telling me Ambode is partly Ijaw, I suppose no.

did u bother to read the quote he responded to?he paid d guy back in his own coin
Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by oyinkinola: 8:36am On Apr 11, 2017
....ijaw here today!
ijaw there tomorrow!
and jonathan sit dumb in otuoke!
if ijaw can't live in peace in Lagos!
can't they vacated to their own village in bayesa?
Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by asksteve(m): 8:48am On Apr 11, 2017
[quote author=haffaze777 post=55463831]

did u bother to read the quote he responded to?he paid d guy back in his own coin[/quote
Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by asksteve(m): 8:59am On Apr 11, 2017
haffaze777:

did u bother to read the quote he responded to?he paid d guy back in his own coin

Dou i edited to reflect whomsoever posted that tin but u don't do pay back with issue u have no control over. Today its payback n tomorrow someone else pays back n d cycle continues n gradually d little shred of humanity left in us will erode.

D mentality of as long as it doesn't affect me its trash becomes part of us n dats y we r where we r as a country today.

Why do u think our leaders can trample on us as they feel, its cos we lost our humanity. Wen its happening to one person we look d oda way n b4 u no it will get to u n ppl will look d ida way. N it becomes d num.
Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by AustineE1: 9:05am On Apr 11, 2017
VirginFinder:

The abookis/herdsmen who dared kidnap Olu Falae - all numbering 9 or thereabout - have been sentenced to life imprisonment.

yes just like the twenty or so yorubas arrested after the Ile Ife crisis,including an oba,who are now the oni kuje's of kuje prison in Abuja! I also remember OPC and yoruba elders giving there usual 48hrs ultimatum last month....the next thing OPC will do is to protest round streets in Lagos,breaking eggs on the street and shouting 'ah omi ah mi OPC,ah kelode'etc.

1 Like

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by AustineE1: 9:09am On Apr 11, 2017
VirginFinder:

yes just like the twenty or so yorubas arrested after the Ile Ife crisis,including an oba,who are now the oni kuje's of kuje prison in Abuja! I also remember OPC and yoruba elders giving there usual 48hrs ultimatum last month....the next thing OPC will do is to protest round streets in Lagos,breaking eggs on the street and shouting 'ah omi ah mi OPC,ah kelode',be insulting every passer by and shouting 'ole oshi,olee oburuku,olee oda oo,etc. Let them quickly rush to the creek and fight and stop announcing it all over the media,typical of the yorubas!

1 Like

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by VirginFinder: 9:21am On Apr 11, 2017
AustineE1:

yes just like the twenty or so yorubas arrested after the Ile Ife crisis,including an oba,who are now the oni kuje's of kuje prison in Abuja! I also remember OPC and yoruba elders giving there usual 48hrs ultimatum last month....the next thing OPC will do is to protest round streets in Lagos,breaking eggs on the street and shouting 'ah omi ah mi OPC,ah kelode'etc.

Nothing, absolutely nothing will come out of their arrests.
They'll be released in no time and you yEasterners will only avoid the thread like plague like a dog with its tails tucked between its legs as always.
OPC have been keeping the militants in check otherwise they would done worse...

2 Likes

Re: Opc Gets Ready To Face Off With Ijaw Militants In Ikorodu by VirginFinder: 9:24am On Apr 11, 2017
Ikwokrikwo:

I remember Mile 12

What else can one expect from a dullard?

Werent the aboookis being badly beaten until security personnel moved in to help them?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Andy Uba For Governor, Anambra State 2017 / Un-habitat Global Report On Ibadan / Secret Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.