Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Is A Drivers Licence Necessary To Acquire A (international) Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is A Drivers Licence Necessary To Acquire A (international) Passport (920 Views)

Lagos State Govt Calls For Collection Of Unclaimed Drivers’ Licence / Interests Shown By Several Countries To Acquire Nigerian Airports / Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A Drivers Licence Necessary To Acquire A (international) Passport by 9tailskid: 7:47am On Apr 11, 2017
I'm in the process of acquiring a passport and i read online that a drivers licence is one of the required documents... I currently do not own one, hence my creating this thread.
Those in the know here should help out with advice.. Thanks
Re: Is A Drivers Licence Necessary To Acquire A (international) Passport by Rayd502(m): 8:03am On Apr 11, 2017
Driver's license is among 2 of the 3 requirements for your guarantor.

Guarantors document for process of international ppt includes the ff:
1)A passport photo
2)photocopy of data page of international passport or drivers license or national identity card(Any 2 of the 3)

Visit the nearest immigration for more information.

1 Like

Re: Is A Drivers Licence Necessary To Acquire A (international) Passport by timawoku(m): 8:16am On Apr 11, 2017
9tailskid:

I'm in the process of acquiring a passport and i read online that a drivers licence is one of the required documents... I currently do not own one, hence my creating this thread.
Those in the know here should help out with advice.. Thanks
please go to immigration office nearest to you to make all necessary enquiry.
By the way, you don't need a drivers license to get a passport!

If it is that then all people below 18 (non eligible for driving license) would not have an international passport

As the fellow above have rightly stated; only your guarantor need valid nigeria Identity card which includes drivers license. Me I just go to immigration office and use any agent outside confirmed by a uniformed officer, it is more expensive and I have not fallen to fraud thus far (renewed 3 times now). Best of luck bro

1 Like

Re: Is A Drivers Licence Necessary To Acquire A (international) Passport by verygudbadguy(m): 8:38am On Apr 11, 2017
It is...

But you might not need one if u are dealing with the agents around. Just budget 30k.

They will arrange all the documents you need.

1 Like

Re: Is A Drivers Licence Necessary To Acquire A (international) Passport by 9tailskid: 10:26am On Apr 11, 2017
Okay, so its for my guarantor and not for me... Thanks for the info guys,
Re: Is A Drivers Licence Necessary To Acquire A (international) Passport by 9tailskid: 10:30am On Apr 11, 2017
verygudbadguy:
It is...

But you might not need one if u are dealing with the agents around. Just budget 30k.

They will arrange all the documents you need.

Erm.. The agents you said, are they trustworthy enough?
Re: Is A Drivers Licence Necessary To Acquire A (international) Passport by verygudbadguy(m): 1:04pm On Apr 11, 2017
9tailskid:

Erm.. The agents you said, are they trustworthy enough?

The ones inside the building with shops...

Yes.
Re: Is A Drivers Licence Necessary To Acquire A (international) Passport by 9tailskid: 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2017
verygudbadguy:

The ones inside the building with shops...

Yes.

okay, thanks for the info bro
Re: Is A Drivers Licence Necessary To Acquire A (international) Passport by verygudbadguy(m): 2:30pm On Apr 11, 2017
9tailskid:

okay, thanks for the info bro

UWC bro..

(1) (Reply)

Corpse Of Man Suspected To Be Killed By Hit & Run Driver Lying At Ebedei,Delta(P / 8 Guides For A Successful Visa Interview / Transit Visa For Casablanca And Cairo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.