Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,540 members, 7,958,665 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:08 PM

9 Undeniable Facts About Working In A Nigerian Office By Nkem Ndem - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 9 Undeniable Facts About Working In A Nigerian Office By Nkem Ndem (12192 Views)

Is It Really About Working Hard? / Common Lies About Working From Home As A Nigerian / Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: 9 Undeniable Facts About Working In A Nigerian Office By Nkem Ndem by teemy(m): 7:13pm On Apr 12, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
i sabi talk true
hmm 'nkechi you understand' grin
Re: 9 Undeniable Facts About Working In A Nigerian Office By Nkem Ndem by ogtavia(m): 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
The food part really got to me...walahi, people will either buy food, order for their own food to be brought to the office or bring food from home and as a normal person I wont even think twice about it or notice it...but once my food is brought for me(I order most times though I bring food from home atimes)....everyone will become quiet and you will begin to see people peering from the corner of their eyes...there is this lady opposite me who annoys me with her attitude at this time....if she was talking before, once my food is brought to me, she just keeps quiet (you know that kind of questionable quietness or say, loud quietness) and either starts look for whatever it is she looks for in her bag,starts looking at her mirror or her phone or decides to peer at her computer screen...

there are other people in the office but that lady's attitude pisses me off,initially,when I say come and join me,...she will ask for meat or for a little portion to be left for her...usually when I say come and join me,i am only saying it out of courtesy not for you to literally come and join me or ask for anything...she got me so pissed one time when I bought solid food (eba and soup) and I said,come and join me as usual..and aunty wanted to come, I got so angry and said I didn't mean it literally and I also don't like to share food ( I have been suffering in silence before then)..she asked me why I usually said come and join me, and I said its simple courtesy,everyone knows it...funny enough,when they are eating and say come and join me, i don't even look up to reply my usual 'NO@

The whole thing annoys me....I manage to keep my annoyance down but each time I buy food,i don't eat my food in peace...its like...all eyes on my food...

The office place can be interesting but atimes you meet weird people who frustrate you..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facts To Remember While Job Hunting / 5 Questions To Ask Before You Join A Company! / Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.