Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS (1359 Views)

2019: Why Ex-generals Oppose Buhari – Gen. Jemibewon / Suswam, David Mark & Ortom Meet In Abuja (Photos) / Days After His Release By DSS,Dangote Visits Ex-Benue Governor Suswam In Abuja(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by DONSMITH123(m): 6:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
The Department of State Services, DSS, on Wednesday explained why it has continued to hold the immediate past governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswam, in custody.

In a statement by its spokesperson, Tony Opuiyo, the secret police said the former governor had failed to cooperate with its investigators.

The secret police said Suswam’s continued detention which had lasted for over a month was legal.

Opuiyo said, “The case of former Governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswam, is typical.

“The Service has continued to hold him in line with the dictates of the law – more so that he has not cooperated on the issues concerning the recovery of large cache of arms at his facilities.”

DSS stressed that it has “valid detention warrants” to keep Suswam, adding that “he will be charged accordingly, once the investigations are concluded.”

Recall that the secret police had on February 2017 arrested the former governor over allegations of fraud and illegal possession of arms.

Operatives of the DSS had recovered from weapons from Suswam’s Abuja property during his arrest.

Weapons recovered included, Glock pistol with two magazines and a total of 29 rounds of ammunition, Mini-Uzi with two magazines containing 10 rounds and four rounds respectively; forty-two (42) extra rounds of ammunition contained in a pack; and one AK-47 rifle.

Other items recovered include, twenty-one Certificates of Occupancy (C of O) and one (1) Offer of Statutory Right of Occupancy; 23 luxury designer watches; and 45 keys to various exotic cars were also said to have been recovered from the property.

Cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44

http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/12/ex-benue-governor-suswam-not-released-dss/

1 Like

Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by damilolammm(m): 6:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
sad
Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by alonzoiv(m): 6:21pm On Apr 12, 2017
They should not only not release him, they should make him return all he has stolen from Benue State. Owl-eyed MF.

1 Like

Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by Oluola89(m): 7:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
Betta...Dat ogogoro Governor..Make dem nack hammer for his mouth..Make he vommit out the money..Ole buruku

1 Like

Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
When dem go detain GEJ oh?
Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by AngelicBeing: 8:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
Keneking:
We are working on it, we shall detain him and his wife in the forest wink

1 Like

Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by DONSMITH123(m): 8:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by DONSMITH123(m): 8:28pm On Apr 12, 2017
Keneking:
Lol. Bad guy
Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by omenkaLives(m): 10:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
Crook with a bigger crook in person of Ortom.

I wish all of them everything they've out the average Benue indigene through. angry

1 Like

Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by CarlosTheJackal: 10:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
omenkaLives:
Crook with a bigger crook in person of Ortom.

I wish all of them everything they've out the average Benue indigene through. angry
If only you spend as much time you spend on igbo matters trying tp call out your benue governor you would have been the champion for good governance in Benues state
Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by CarlosTheJackal: 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
This is the state of that flat bald headed guy that posted his pix with his gf here drinking kunu in a bar

The state is so worse that our guy spends time on other people matter forgetting that his house is on fire.

Benue state has never had a good governor till today.
Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by omenkaLives(m): 10:23pm On Apr 12, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
If only you spend as much time you spend on igbo matters trying tp call out your benue governor you would have been the champion for good governance in Benues state
And if ipob bastards spend as much time and as they do sniffing after my rump trying to attract customers to their shops, their lives might be uplifted from the current decrepit state they are. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by CarlosTheJackal: 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2017
omenkaLives:
And if ipob bastards spend as much time and as they do sniffing after my rump trying to attract customers to their shops, their lives might be uplifted from the current decrepit state they are. smiley
Stop smoking jumbo at night

Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by SHOPPERS(m): 10:33pm On Apr 12, 2017
We Need To Learn To Speak In Clearer Terms In Nigeria. I Wonder Who Else Is Wondering What Dss Means By He's Not Cooperating. You Know He Has A Facility, The Facility Has Large Amounts Of Arms, What Next? So You Expect A Map And A Bunch Of Keys From A Man With Ammunitions Abi?
Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by madridguy(m): 10:34pm On Apr 12, 2017
Noted.
Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by CarlosTheJackal: 10:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
I've met Igede people and i know them to be nice but there is a roving bastard here that has sworn not to behave like his tribesmen.

Benue is being held down by the Tivs who constitute majority making others to be online touts
Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by TheFreeOne: 11:21pm On Apr 12, 2017
Weapons recovered included, Glock pistol with two magazines and a total of 29 rounds of ammunition, Mini-Uzi with two magazines containing 10 rounds and four rounds respectively; forty-two (42) extra rounds of ammunition contained in a pack; and one AK-47 rifle.

Other items recovered include, twenty-one Certificates of Occupancy (C of O) and one (1) Offer of Statutory Right of Occupancy; 23 luxury designer watches; and 45 keys to various exotic cars were also said to have been recovered from the property.

Are they holding him because of these or for other reasons the EFCC aren't telling us

I won't be surprised if it's got to do with Fulani herdsmen massacres in Benue.

1 Like

Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by DONSMITH123(m): 8:38am On Apr 13, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
I've met Igede people and i know them to be nice but there is a roving bastard here that has sworn not to behave like his tribesmen.

Benue is being held down by the Tivs who constitute majority making others to be online touts

Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by giantstrides(m): 9:04am On Apr 13, 2017
TheFreeOne:

Are they holding him because of these or for other reasons the EFCC aren't telling us

I won't be surprised if it's got to do with Fulani herdsmen massacres in Benue.

Nice, I had been wondering when people will read between the lines , DSS holding him for a month because he has ammunitions and committed fraud ?
Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by TheFreeOne: 11:29am On Apr 13, 2017
giantstrides:

Nice, I had been wondering when people will read between the lines , DSS holding him for a month because he has ammunitions and committed fraud ?

What we have now is Daura Secret Service doing the bidding of the Fulanis and the cabal.

Some ordinary citizens will have even more than such 'ammunitions' for personal security not to talk of a former governor. And is it a crime for the man have properties too though I am not supporting him if he's corrupt but the excuses the DSS gave is nonsensical.

By the time Buboo and his gang finishes with Nigeria every agency of government will be in disarray.
Re: Why Ex-benue Governor, Suswam Would Not Be Released – DSS by OnankpaBa(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2017
lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

BBC Mocks Nigeria Over Buhari’s Medical Vacation / Fani Kayode Reacts To Alhassan’s Endorsement Of Atiku For 2019 Presidency / See Ben Bruce Reaction About Senators Salary In 2015 And 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.