Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb (73682 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Maryam Babangida And Princes Diana [Photo] / Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by Ndeewonu: 5:13am On Dec 31, 2009
Many newspapers (especially Sun, because of its affiliation with IBB) have talked about Maryam Babangida as though she was a saint.

But:
- Was Maryam responsible for Dele Giwa’s death?

- Did she really abandon her poor musician husband, Bongos Ikwue (the man who out of frustration, thereafter released the song – “WHAT’S GONNA BE, GONNA BE”), to marry influential IBB?

- Could it be nemesis that caught up with her?

Yes, they say, speak no evil of the dead, but the Truth must be told so the living do not tow the same evil path. Educate me if you know the story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by becomrich16: 5:23am On Dec 31, 2009
where did you get your story. is allen Ikwue still alife. His son, i would like to talk to him. I know him, when he was a young boy.
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by Ndeewonu: 6:17am On Dec 31, 2009
becomrich;:

where did you get your story. is alex Ikwue still alife. His son, i would like to talk to him. I know him, when he was a young boy.

I heard IBB killed Bongos/Maryam's son to erase every trace about Ikwue-Maryam marriage. Bt, I dont knw whether it is d same Alex u r talking abt.

The story has bn there for ages. ASk Bongos since u knw d family.

3 Likes

Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by becomrich16: 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2009
Like I said I know  allen Ikwue. But I dont know if the story is true. The funny thing is IBB was said to be in the USA at the time the bomb was about to come off. The boy father and IBB what is the connection between the two men. ?  what are you trying to say? I dont get you speak up? And who are you?
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by XKZ(m): 2:21am On Jan 01, 2010
Ndeewonu:

- Did she really abandon her poor musician husband, Bongos Ikwue (the man who out of frustration, thereafter released the song – “WHAT’S GONNA BE, GONNA BE”), to marry influential IBB?

I thought it was the song "MARIAMA"

Ndeewonu:

And it took 40 years? - justice delayed is justice denied!

becomrich;:

where did you get your story.

This story has been around like forever. I heard t before I could talk.
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by becomrich16: 2:33am On Jan 01, 2010
I dont know, but I know that song, made him rich. We was one of the top 10 singer in nigeria before he die. I knew allen his son after the song.

If that story is true. Did maryam have children for him. If I am correct, he may be his first son. I am not sure. You never ask people too many question in nigeria.

I went to school with several children of the supreme military council.
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by Ndeewonu: 10:35pm On Jan 01, 2010
XKZ:

I thought it was the song "MARIAMA"

And it took 40 years? - justice delayed is justice denied!

This story has been around like forever. I heard t before I could talk.

Yes, he did MARIAMA when he was still with her.

After the usurping, he released 2 major LPs:

1. Oh, Maria, come back, If i offend you, come back; and
2. What's gonna be, gonna be.
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 01, 2010
hmmmm!!! not sure but i thought it was after she married IBB she changed her name to mariam (bcus  of the new religion background).

if that song 'what's gonna be is gonna be" then i think mariam was actually not meant to be with bogos ikwe but rather with IBB, as she has been married to him for almost 40 years i guess and even though she admitted in a daily many years ago that being married to IBB has its own challenges she will NEVER ask for a better husband than IBB because she has been able to build her world around him.

Ndeewonu:

I am so sorry to say but i think this line is absolutely insane 'cus either she dies of cancer or not she was deffinately going to breath her last one day which makes her mortal. that cancer has been with her for almost 20 years but due to the medical support which cost $150,000 every single month, yeas you saw it right! she has managed to stay alive for that long. Make another person go get that same cancer make he know if he go last that long before he die waka,

, To be continued
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by Choco5: 11:07pm On Jan 01, 2010
well so?
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by Lagosboy: 12:31am On Jan 02, 2010
@Poster. Every soul shall taste death.

The talk of nemesis and sorts is irrelevant here,as her time came and she died. Marriage to whomever is her choice and that is their private lives which doesnt concern any of us.

what could concern us is only Dele giwas death.

1 Like

Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by Abeem(m): 4:56am On Jan 02, 2010
I think you guys are just peddling rumors, unfounded rumors. First, we now know, if we were not aware before her death, that Maryam was betrothed to IBB in 1969. Second and I know for a fact, that those two songs composed by Bongos Ikwe, were released in the late seventies.
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by bryan19574: 11:59pm On Sep 27, 2010
how could she be betrothed to IBB in 1969 when Nigeria was still fighting a civil war then, pls, people use ur brains, even at that, she could have been married to bongos ikwue b4 1969,

1 Like

Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by afrodiva: 4:29am On Mar 08, 2012
R u saying bethrotals are illegal during war?

1 Like

Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by tpia5: 5:34am On Mar 08, 2012
for the ones hoping to be mrs babangida who were attacking me sometime last year:

Family

His first marriage under Islamic law has never been publicised. He married Maryam (1948–2009), who later became First Lady of Nigeria.

on his wiki page.

so, instead of joining boko haram on ibb's behalf, find something worthwhile to do.
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by tpia5: 5:36am On Mar 08, 2012
@ topic

ibb married maryam in 1969 according to wiki.

bryan19574:

how could she be betrothed to IBB in 1969 when Nigeria was still fighting a civil war then, 

she married him before the war ended. I believe i read that in one of her interviews somewhere.

it was soon after her dad died i think.
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by gbengx: 7:40am On Sep 16, 2012
http://www.punchng.com/feature/encounter/bongos-ikwue-met-maryam-only-once-keke-daughter/

This should help clear all these lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and set the record straight. So so unbelievable that i believed a lie all my life until now
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by Mowire: 9:37am On Sep 16, 2012
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by Callotti: 9:55am On Sep 16, 2012
Na so pipo go just dey carey gossip put for person head!
Kai!!! I lovvvvvit!!!
Mu Che Che Che Che Che
Like Sunny Ade go song. . . . LET THEM SAY!!!!! sad
Woman don quench, dem still dey gossip am. grin
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by since1914(m): 11:19am On Sep 16, 2012
gbengx: http://www.punchng.com/feature/encounter/bongos-ikwue-met-maryam-only-once-keke-daughter/

This should help clear all these lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and set the record straight. So so unbelievable that i believed a lie all my life until now

Thanks...I was about putting a lie to op's claims before you stepped in. Bongos is someone I know quite well and even relates to me on a first name basis, so you can imagine how ridiculous the story sounds to me.

Besides, he is a very accessible fellow, so if any of you ever spot him on the street any day. Just walk up to him and and ask nicely if he ever had an affair with Mariam. And I have no doubt he will give you an answer himself. He is that easy-going.
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by Paulonminyi: 1:18pm On Sep 16, 2012
becomrich;:
Like I said I know  allen Ikwue. But I dont know if the story is true. The funny thing is IBB was said to be in the USA at the time the bomb was about to come off. The boy father and IBB what is the connection between the two men. ?  what are you trying to say? I dont get you speak up? And who are you?

i had d same story i had d boy was send 2 ovasea bt y goin d plane crash bt nw Bogus is doin wel, ve kk in otukpo in three locations, construsion company etc he is muti
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by Gentleoscar(m): 10:49am On Oct 29, 2013
I am very sure of this, IBB Maryam Babangida was snatch from the then poor Bongo. His son was later shoot death by IBB in his house, claiming that he shoot a thief. IBB shoot the boy because he told him to stay away from his house and wife.(which is the boy's mother )
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by Gentleoscar(m): 10:51am On Oct 29, 2013
Ndeewonu:
Many newspapers (especially Sun, because of its affiliation with IBB) have talked about Maryam Babangida as though she was a saint.

But:

Yes, they say, speak no evil of the dead, but the Truth must be told so the living do not tow the same evil path. Educate me if you know the story.

I am very sure of this, IBB Maryam
Babangida was snatch from the then
poor Bongo. His son was later shoot
death by IBB in his house, claiming
that he shoot a thief. IBB shoot the
boy because he told him to stay away
from his house and wife.(which is the
boy's mother )
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by BOUNTYDOG(m): 6:37pm On May 13, 2015
Any links u know to download Bongos Ikwue' s songs
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by tpiadotcom: 6:42pm On May 13, 2015
check youtube or google it.
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by baralatie(m): 6:58pm On May 13, 2015
bryan19574:
how could she be betrothed to IBB in 1969 when Nigeria was still fighting a civil war then, pls, people use ur brains, even at that, she could have been married to bongos ikwue b4 1969,
I have done the calculation.the story did not add up!
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by tpiadotcom: 7:09pm On May 13, 2015
she was married to Babangida in 1969 (at the age of 20), not betrothed.

check her wiki page.

the war ended three months after she got married but it was rounding up during that time.
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by stevecantrell: 7:21pm On May 13, 2015
Bongos Ikue confirmed he lost a son in newspaper interview some years back. He will not appreciate this thread at all...
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by adoinem(f): 8:39pm On May 13, 2015
Ndeewonu:

But:

This is to say you are peddling rumours. Dele Giwa was killed by a letter-bomb delivered by army intelligent officer. How did Maryam enter this dark world of alleged State-sponsored terrorism?
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by Ndipe(m): 11:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
bryan19574:

Gowon got married to Victoria during the Civil War.
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by RedpillAnalyst: 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2022
Bongo Ikwue claimed he only saw Maryam Babangida once in his life and never had affair with her.

Who knows he just understands that you don't mess with the powers that be and decided to cooperate.
Re: Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb by Christistruth00: 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2022
I have met 2 Bongo Ikwe’s Cousins who claimed Mariam Babangida was never his wife

(1) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Meets With Peter Obi And Atiku In Abuja (Photos) / Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina….

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.