Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,736 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Coincidence - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Coincidence (422 Views)

Coronavirus: Was The WUHAN VIRUS Predicted In This Book Or Was It A Coincidence? / Coincidence / Coincidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coincidence by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 13, 2017
Coincidence

Episode 2
she pressed the horn and it sounds,,, just then someone opened the gate it was the gateman in uniform, smile on his face and hailing the woman in Igbo accent.
I came down from the car after the woman did. she shook her head to the right direction , a sign that I should follow her I understood and followed her and the gateman man went back to his post.
I keep staring at the house it was so big and beautiful that mouth kept opened we got inside the house and there she told me this is the living room downstairs the building is two storey she offered me a sit which I quickly answered yes ma and I sat down. she offered if am going to take or eat anything and I replied with am good with water just then a middle aged woman came out of one direction to welcome her "welcome madame how come I didn't hear the sound of your car? I was so busy in the kitchen. " said the woman, and the madame replied her with its alright so what did you cook tonight? she told her she cooked rice and stew with assorted meats I was just staring at them short of word
the madame introduced me to the woman and she told me the woman has been her cook for a very long time and she is living with her, the cook went back inside and brought me a glass of water I sipped even though am thirsty. The cook went back inside and left me with the Madame she asked me what was wrong why was I walking alone and why it was a long story! this kept me quiet for a while I don't even know where to start from. As if she read my mind "you can start from anywhere, I don't mind " she said; the first thing I told her was my name and was ready to tell her the short story of where am coming from

its all began when I finished my secondary school cert exams which are waec and neco my brother is still in Basic 3 but my parents struggled a lot still yet the money is not even enough for us family talk less of me going into institution with it so the thought of going to higher institution started to fade. My dad suggested I live with my uncle in Asaba but my mom refused the offer saying she needs both me and my brother beside her and the fact that Asaba is very far from home, to cut the long story short I had to live with my uncle
few days later my things are already been packed my mom and my brother followed me to the garage where I had to hug my mom and brother tightly knowing how much i am going to miss them my mom prayed for me and she shed tears my brother insisted on following me but I lied that I will come back for him. After a long chat with my mom and my brother the bus is ready to leave my mom held my hand and prayed we go safely my face is changed already and was ready to cry I covered my mouth with my right hand the bus engine started and it moved slowly I watched my mom and my brother from inside the bus till I can't see them again am sure they did the same
it was hours journey. I got to my uncle's and they all welcomed me my uncle's wife was nice at first but after some weeks she showed her real self the first thing she did to amaze me was when I overheard her telling my uncle how she owned most of things they have and she's not ready to spend on someone that is not even her child then my uncle told her she's going to spend on my admission and school whatever she snapped and said her husband should wake up from his nightmare and how its not happening she promised to make it hell for me in their house until I decide to leave. Hearing this didn't change my mind but made me feel so sad so I tried to please her from that day on hoping she would change her mind but she made it hell as promised she starved me whenever my uncle is not around she send me to market with no fare and she knew the fact that I know no where yet she said I should ask the direction from the people on the road I sighed and soliloquize in my mind that "now you are making it hell for me and I left and came back in the evening since morning. I told not my uncle or my parents who calls everyday nothing this continued for a long time and i became so lean and thin, my uncle asked if am sick and I said no until the day my uncle heard every thing from our neighbour iya kike, she told my uncle things and so my uncle tried to face his wife.
My uncle's wife insulted him and our family being poor and wretched this touched me and I packed my things uncle tried to stop me but I chose to leave and I promised never to tell my parents what happened. He gave me #10, 000 and pleaded on behalf of his wife and I shook my head to all he said and i left. The bus I boarded going to Ilorin, the bus driver and a man robbed us and I was left with my bag on the street
I think all i said touched the woman and she sighed "But you are too young to go through all this, even though everything happened for a reason I believed she stood up and uttered follow me; I followed her to a room and she said "this is the guest room u will sleep here tonight, go in, shower and come back to the dining the cook will serve you your meal
I went inside the room it was beautiful eventho its for guest yet it is spacious and smells good I took off my clothes and went to the bathroom to shower not long I went to eat and the Madame came to see me and tell me Good night. A lot went through my mind like how much my mom warned my dad to not let me go to Asaba in the first place, how my going back to school is about to fall and why my uncle's wife hates me so much, all this ran in my head till I fell asleep.

(1) (Reply)

My Lessons In Life / . / I Miss You (poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.