Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas (19486 Views)

Between The Bible And Qu'ran... / What Does The Qu'ran Say For Itself And Its Wonder? / Juz' Amma(the Last Chapters Of The Holy Qu'ran Listen with English Translation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by TrueSeeker(m): 11:04am On Dec 31, 2009
Quran means recitation. The Yorubas also recite Odu-Ifa and memorize it. History has it that Yorubas are from Mecca, so that might make one to wonder if Quran is part of what they left behind.  Quran and Odu-Ifa they are too much alike, just try and make some research and compare their story they both look much alike. For example Quran talk much about Jinn, Odu-Ifa talk about Irunmole, Muslim talk about Quran descended from heaven just as Yoruba talk about Oodua descended from heaven. You just try and research you will be surprised with this revelation.

Imagine the Following Similarities

Pronounce these word: Alfa - Ifa, aren't  they sound alike?
Quran can only be accurate interpret by a Muslim Clergy, Odu Ifa too can only be accurately interpret by an Ifa priest.
Correct rendering of Quran can only be in Arabic Language, one most vast in Yoruba language before he can recite Odu Ifa.
Muslim do competition on reciting Quran, similar things happen among the Ifa worshipers.
They both come from Mecca.

More are coming. watch out!
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by IDINRETE: 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2009
TrueSeeker:

Quran means recitation. The Yorubas also recite Odu-Ifa and memorize it. History has it that Yorubas are from Mecca, so that might make one to wonder if Quran is part of what they left behind.  Quran and Odu-Ifa they are too much alike, just try and make some research and compare their story they both look much alike. For example Quran talk much about Jinn, Odu-Ifa talk about Irunmole, Muslim talk about Quran descended from heaven just as Yoruba talk about Oodua descended from heaven. You just try and research you will be surprised with this revelation.

Pronounce these word: Alfa - Ifa, aren't  they sound alike?
Quran can only be accurate interpret by a Muslim Clergy, Odu Ifa too can only be accurately interpret by an Ifa priest.
Correct rendering of Quran can only be in Arabic Language, one most vast in Yoruba language before he can recite Odu Ifa.
Muslim do competition on reciting Quran, similar things happen among the Ifa worshipers.

Your claim that history has it that Yoruba came from Meccas is flawed. Can you back up your claim from just one single Odu Ifa that supports that assertion that Yoruba claim from Mecca. Albeit I concur that there are similarities. Ifa did not come from mecca. To your own understanding, they might look alike, however Ifa does not need to be assosciated with quran inorder to be valid.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by justmoore: 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2009
Stupid man! May almighty Allah forgive you because you do not understand what you are talking about. You are talking about the Holy Qur'an what about other religions, better don't talk/start what you do not understand, because I do not know your age that you are talking as if you were there.
If you are to talk about anything better do enough research before you mention what you do not understand. Please! if you are confused ask questions, you'll be enlighten.
Once again, may almighty Allah forgive you for this you've posted and don't dare you post another one in respect of this! ok?
Stay bless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by noetic15(m): 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2009
IDINRETE:

Your claim that history has it that Yoruba came from Meccas is flawed. Can you back up your claim from just one single Odu Ifa that supports that assertion that Yoruba claim from Mecca. Albeit I concur that there are similarities. Ifa did not come from mecca. To your own understanding, they might look alike, however Ifa does not need to be assosciated with quran inorder to be valid.

spare us this fairytale. . . . . .the yorubas have an ancestry link to mecca. I am not surprised that islam is linked to idolatry, after-all allah was also an arabian idol.

justmoore:

silly man! May almighty Allah forgive you because you do not understand what you are talking about. You are talking about the Holy Qur'an what about other religions, better don't talk/start what you do not understand, because I do not know your age that you are talking as if you were there.
If you are to talk about anything better do enough research before you mention what you do not understand. Please! if you are confused ask questions, you'll be enlighten.
Once again, may almighty Allah forgive you for this you've posted and don't dare you post another one in respect of this! ok?
Stay bless

can anyone make sense from the above? this is simply DUMB.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by AbuZola3(m): 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2009
And the son of the Ghost god commence his gibberish
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by IDINRETE: 1:30pm On Dec 31, 2009
noetic15:

spare us this fairytale. . . . . .the yorubas have an ancestry link to mecca. I am not surprised that islam is linked to idolatry, after-all allah was also an arabian idol.

Where is your proof of the Yoruba's ancestry link to mecca?
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by PastorAIO: 1:31pm On Dec 31, 2009
IDINRETE:

Olabowale's senior brother looks like an arab.
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by I: 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2009
Senseless post by the dumbest poster of the year!

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by noetic15(m): 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2009
IDINRETE:

were u not taught in in secondary school?   ask olabs to enlighten u
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by Remii(m): 2:09pm On Dec 31, 2009
noetic15:

were u not taught in in secondary school? ask olabs to enlighten u

Oduduwa and his co-travellers were written to have come from East, but the they met people in Ile Ife who were already being guided by Agonniregun, Ifa Priest who told them their leader would coming from somewhere and so on and so on. So all Yorubas are from East
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2009
TrueSeeker:

Quran means recitation. The Yorubas also recite Odu-Ifa and memorize it. History has it that Yorubas are from Mecca, so that might make one to wonder if Quran is part of what they left behind. Quran and Odu-Ifa they are too much alike, just try and make some research and compare their story they both look much alike. For example Quran talk much about Jinn, Odu-Ifa talk about Irunmole, Muslim talk about Quran descended from heaven just as Yoruba talk about Oodua descended from heaven. You just try and research you will be surprised with this revelation.

Pronounce these word: Alfa - Ifa, aren't they sound alike?

Its true ifa people says ORUN MI LA and the muslims say IDINA SIRANTA LIMUSTAKIM. It practically means same thing that God is the shower of way (lol)

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 31, 2009
Abu Zola:

And the son of the Ghost god commence his gibberish

Have u seen a ghost god before? tell the truth

If u have not why do u call the trueseeker the son of theghost god
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by KunleOshob(m): 2:28pm On Dec 31, 2009
Remii:

Oduduwa and his co-travellers were written to have come from East, but the they met people in Ile Ife who were already being guided by Agonniregun, Ifa Priest who told them their leader would coming from somewhere and so on and so on. So all Yorubas are from East

Although the "east" Oduduwa is supposed to have come from is claimed to be mecca, strong evidence, logic and historical parrallel actually suggests that he actually came from benin which is eastward of Ile ife and not mecca as claimed. This is what accounts for a lot of cultural and historical similarities between the yoruba and the benin people. The benin people also have a similar story that a prince [ Prince Ekaladerhan  ak.a Izoduwa which was later pronouced oduduwa by the yorubas] from benin went to settle in Ife and bcame their first king. For more on this check the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benin_Empire
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by macayub(m): 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2009
We are taught in those days in primary school that Oodua a prince of a King name Lamurudu came from Mecca, We are equally told that one of his grandchildren Oranmiyan plan to go back and fight them but he was turn back at river Niger.

Is more likely that Oodua come from Mecca since there is no religion tolerance in the Mecca as at that time.
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by IDINRETE: 4:53pm On Dec 31, 2009
noetic15:

were u not taught in in secondary school?  ask olabs to enlighten u

I was also taught in my secondary school "that the sun stood still, " in a battle fought by some people. Also that a serpent and a donkey could speak.
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by macayub(m): 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2009
This knowledge should en-light us to let us know that we are all brothers, what muslims have in the east Yoruba equally possess it in Naija. They both look alike.
Ifa = Alfa, Odu Ifa = Koran,
we just need to delve into the content of both may be they have similar stories, at least some allegorical.
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by noetic15(m): 5:38pm On Dec 31, 2009
IDINRETE:

I was also taught in my secondary school "that the sun stood still, " in a battle fought by some people. Also that a serpent and a donkey could speak.

ur teachers must have been wise men, .  . since there is no scientifically plausible reason to believe that the sun CANNOT stand still.
It would also amount to lack of intelligence to state that a donkey or serpent cannot talk. . .considering that some people also hear from invisible spirits.

If I were u, I would take the words of those teachers dearly. . .and most importantly they taught u that yorubas migrated from saudi arabia, they came with one of the 360 gods/idols of the city, they left allah behind. . .it was this same allah that mohammed elevated to a global idol.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by Habib16(m): 5:41pm On Dec 31, 2009
@true seeker sicker ko sickler ni. Look at u, ure just a pathetic Slowpoke brainwashed idiot. I wont be suprised that ure a Real Pegan. Infact dnt let me speak the nonsence out of u today! I wonder how ur parent would look like! Lol, not to talk about ur family!! Bursted. Omugo, dadandindin, Omo-ale. I can never be suprised coz ur Parent hav already give u out for sacrifice! for new year's ifa sacrifices dats y ur speaking all this jargons Malu!

@all Muslims Pls dnt mind these Goats! They said that silent is the best answer to F*****l!
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by Habib16(m): 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2009
@poster, no be only sicker na sickler. Look at u, ure just a pathetic Slowpoke brainwashed idiot. I wont be suprised that ure a Real Pegan. Infact dnt let me speak the nonsence out of u today! I wonder how ur parent would look like! Lol, not to talk about ur family!! Bursted. Omugo, dadandindin, Omo-ale. I can never be suprised coz ur Parent hav already give u out for sacrifice! for new year's ifa sacrifices dats y ur speaking all this jargons Malu!

@all Muslims Pls dnt mind these Goats! They said that silent is the best answer to F*****l!
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by noetic15(m): 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2009
Habib16:

@poster, no be only sicker na sickler. Look at u, ure just a pathetic Slowpoke brainwashed slowpoke. I wont be suprised that ure a Real Pegan. Infact dnt let me speak the nonsence out of u today! I wonder how your parent would look like! Lol, not to talk about your family!! Bursted. Omugo, dadandindin, Omo-ale. I can never be suprised coz your Parent hav already give u out for sacrifice! for new year's ifa sacrifices dats y your speaking all this jargons Malu!

I am sure allah and mohammed must be really proud of u . . , . u made them both proud.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by TrueSeeker(m): 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2009
@Habib16

Just tell me Koran does not meant recitation, if it does Odu Ifa and Koran will be classified under poetry or rather poem in literature. Akosori.
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2009
History has it that Yorubas are from Mecca

could be mecca, could be yemen, like many other west African groups.

not directly though.

na long journey like the Israelites own.
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by Habib16(m): 7:56pm On Dec 31, 2009
@poster! Walai mioni blame e, ntori pe oti fi ori gbale ati pe omoale nio ntori omo-oko kole se nn ti on se Ashawo Okunrin lasan. U're nothing but a barstard and a big disgrace to ur family! Well I sympatize with u coz in the next 5hr u will be made as a sacrifise coz a fruitless tree is far more better than ure Ffffruitless human being ayah sorry!. woe unto u enemy of Islam.
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by PastorAIO: 8:32pm On Dec 31, 2009
Habib16:

@poster! Walai mioni blame e, ntori pe oti fi ori gbale ati pe omoale nio ntori omo-oko kole se nn ti on se Ashawo Okunrin lasan. U're nothing but a barstard and a big disgrace to your family! Well I sympatize with u coz in the next 5hr u will be made as a sacrifise coz a fruitless tree is far more better than ure Ffffruitless human being ayah sorry!. woe unto u enemy of Islam.

A ha!! Habib, my love, which one now?
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by IDINRETE: 8:53pm On Dec 31, 2009
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by Habib16(m): 11:39pm On Dec 31, 2009
@pastor AIO I think u should pray for Real sickler coz his sickness is getting high I can see he is already going mad pls help me for him before he completely go mad! So that ifa of their Osun-Osogbo wil not reject his parent's Sacrifise which might lead them to a hyper condition. Osun-Osogbo 2009 ifa sacrifise
@Real-Sickler lol.
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by TrueSeeker(m): 3:08am On Jan 01, 2010
@Habib16

I am just only try to let you think and have a rethink about yourself and your future so that you wont end up blaming your ignorance. I hope you understand Yoruba Literature? In Yoruba belief as stated in the book "Asa ati Ise Yoruba" by C. L. Adeoye,(mine was giving to me free in the days of free education) Obatala is belief to be a god that helps in creation, he will add mouth, nose and eyes to human to make them alive.
Obatala is equally known as Orisaala, Orisaala can mean Orisa Ala and according to a reference work Allah "was also used by pagan Meccans as a reference to the creator-god, , the supreme deity in pre-Islamic Arabia" -Wikipedia

Orisa (deity) + Allah = Orisaala, I think that make a sense to you.

aala means white in Yoruba land, we use to see Ifa and Obataala worshipers dressing in white garment during their festivals, does that not similar to the dressing we use to see in tv when people go to Kaaba for worship around the black stone in Mecca.

Yoruba use to say "Ara Ifa ni Fatima wa" meaniing Fatima is part of Ifa. Fatima is an arabic name but Ifa is a Yoruba deity (Orunmila is equally refer to as Ifa). Hence we use to have name like Ifatunde = Fatunde, Ifadairo = Fadairo in Yoruba land. So do you think that all these following arabic names are just coincidental with Ifa, name like: Fatai (Ifatai) Faruok (Ifaruoku), Falilat (Ifalila), Fatimat - (Ifatimo) and so on. More is coming, Watch Out for Part 2, have you watch this Nigerian home video titled "Oodua"? it is a good reference work.
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by TrueSeeker(m): 3:17am On Jan 01, 2010
@IDINRETE

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/31/oduduwa-revisited-the-story-of-ooni-okunade-sijuwade-olubuse-ii/

Is that your own version of Yoruba origin? You are not properly taught.
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by IDINRETE: 5:38am On Jan 01, 2010
TrueSeeker:

@IDINRETE

Is that your own version of Yoruba origin? You are not properly taught.

Did you bother to read the link at all.

Oonirisa Sijuwade Olubuse's version of origin of Yoruba is in sharp divergent from yours.
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by Habib16(m): 8:22am On Jan 01, 2010
@poster Dis na big story even goat dat is senseless can tell u ur senselless coz ur DNA with the one of goat have very small diff. Babanla iro opuro lasan!
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by macIB(m): 8:38am On Jan 01, 2010
@ trueseeker

where did you get your information from sef?

like all religion, there might be some similarity btw the two

but they are both basically different religious sect, not a progression from one to another.

Also, history does not tell us who or where Oduduwa was actually from.

All those mecca stories are bullsh, t!

Oral history, panegyric and eulogies tells us from the east ("where the sun rises"wink, and remember it could also be a myth!
Re: Similarities Between Qu'ran And Odu Ifa Of Yorubas by Habib16(m): 8:46am On Jan 01, 2010
@poster sorry to ask pls which Religion do u practice!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boy Won ₦1.6m, Land And Hajj For Reciting The Qur'an (video) / 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. / A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.