Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips (21529 Views)

15 Ways To Identify And Secure Yourself Against “one Chance” Bandits / 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident / 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by autojosh: 5:56pm On Apr 13, 2017
I have heard horror stories of one chance victims ,some killed,some robbed ,some left to die and my dad almost thrown over Third Mainland Bridge. Prevention is always better than cure.

What if you have fallen victim already ?,what can you do to come out alive or safe guard your property and money.This tips would help prepare you for a worse case scenario which I don’t pray happens.

1.Always Go Out With A Dummy ATM Card
This something I do as much as I can .Banking is now so easy ,at times you don’t even need a card to withdraw cash.

Here is what you should do, always have a card with you that has little or no money.Then when you need money ,transfer from another account into the account designated to the card with you.That way you won’t loose much money in case you are threatened to withdraw cash from your account.

There are stories of one chance robbers who use POS machines ,so do not underestimate them.

2.Know When To Strike
This is debatable if there is a chance to escape or jump out of the vehicle you might want to take it,or you might even want to cry out for help .But you have to consider what can possibly go wrong :

You could get killed(eg getting shot).

You could get thrown out of a fast moving vehicle.

Its safer to cry for help,or try to fight back when the vehicle is in a very busy area or at a traffic light.This is why you should always be alert for weird eye contacts between so called “passengers” and “conductors”.

If they have a weapon ,you might want to rethink this.

3.Ladies Should Have An Extra Line Of Defense
I once heard a horror story of a student of my school,who had pepper stuffed down her private part and I think she was also raped.

Its wise for ladies to have an extra line of defense ,if you wear skirts wear a “bum short” underneath .While this is not completely fail proof ,it acts as a delay,in cases like this every second matters,because it might save you from mishaps.

4.Secure Your Self
While most Nigerians don’t even know what pepper spray is ,its safe especially for the ladies to carry one around.Also don’t underestimate what a razor blade can do for you ,so have one handy.Aim at the eyes and spray hard.

If you have a razor blade aim at the thighs,if you are lucky to hit the femoral artery ,you would completely immobilize him and he would most likely die in 5 minutes(I am not saying you should kill,but you know your life is at stake here ,so its self defense).

The face is also a good place to aim at with the razor .

5.Stop Showing Off
Some one chance robberies are opportunistic ones.They make a move when they see a possibility of gain.So quit talking about large amount of money on the phone and stop flashing your expensive phones.

6.Always Make Sure You Are Traceable
While there may be privacy concerns ,its safe to make sure a family member or friend knows your location at all times .I found an app for that here.You can as well look for other apps ,just search for “family tracker ” or related terms.Don’t forget to leave your data on at all times.

7.Study Your Environment
If non of the above works and it turns out to be a case of kidnap,make sure you study your environment very well as you are being taken away.Create a mental map,as it might be useful in the event that you escape.

Have you learnt a thing or two from these tips ?.

Have an experience to share with us?

Kindly comment .

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/7-safety-tips-help-fall-victim-one-chance/

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by ayourbamie: 6:01pm On Apr 13, 2017
Get a licensed gun. It might come handy u never can tell

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by ReneeNuttall(f): 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
I have never gone outing with out my pepper spray in my bag.There are evil people lurking around everywhere looking for unsuspecting victims to feast on.

3 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by newyorks(m): 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2017
good op peper spray asin 'ose nsukka' abi

9 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by henrimoto(m): 7:09pm On Apr 13, 2017
Front Page Material. ( FPM)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by veacea: 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2017
Go and learn kunfu and get better Odeshi

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by CARLOSZ: 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2017
Well
I don't live in Lagos
So no need reading the write up.

One chance only happens in the WASTE

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by VickyRotex(f): 8:09pm On Apr 13, 2017
Let me add, dont be greedy!

Also, Number 2 worked for me very well, when I had my own experience.

A day I cant forget so easily.

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:09pm On Apr 13, 2017
Thank you OP
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 13, 2017
Useful

1 Like

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by gidola(m): 8:11pm On Apr 13, 2017
Pepper spray only works when you have a chance to spray it

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by frubben(m): 8:11pm On Apr 13, 2017
Wear I am chosen uniform aka christ chosen grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by teelaw4life(m): 8:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
I like point number 4 the best. You're not only securing yourself but also ridding the world of an extra vermin.
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by opey112(m): 8:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
Dagger!!!
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Felaak47(m): 8:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
Noted
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by emmyamehj: 8:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
Your spelling don enter one chance
CARLOSZ:
Well
I don't live in Lagos

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by phreakabit(m): 8:13pm On Apr 13, 2017
ayourbamie:

Which circus you dey work?
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Thebrightest(m): 8:14pm On Apr 13, 2017
ok
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Samprestige(m): 8:16pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nice One Op
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by khadaffi(m): 8:16pm On Apr 13, 2017
ayourbamie:

For Nigeria? Are u sure you are ok?

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Victorblazepete(m): 8:18pm On Apr 13, 2017
Mm
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Sijo01(f): 8:19pm On Apr 13, 2017
One of the best thread I've seen of late....... .. Deleting one ATM from my wallet asap. Pepper spray going with me anywhere I go.

Thanks for sharing op.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by JeffreyJames(m): 8:21pm On Apr 13, 2017
That no1 is totally on point. I have 2 gtb Accounts, and if you have 2 gtb only one is eligible for ATM. So what I personally do is leave all my money in the account without ATM. Anytime I need funds I just transfer what I need with my gtb app to the account with ATM and withdraw it....So there's never any money in that account grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Sijo01(f): 8:25pm On Apr 13, 2017
gidola:
Pepper spray only works when you have a chance to spray it

.. ..And if you don't spray it wisely, you will become a victim of your own weapon sad

4 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Temidayo9(m): 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
Above all, Always pray before you step out.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by CellTabRepairs: 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
Very terrible experience. Once lost $10k to the idiots when I was about leaving for Istanbul

4 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by ReubenE(m): 8:33pm On Apr 13, 2017
Very informative...
Pesin no fit spend hin money in peace again for dis country.

May we not cross paths...

3 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2017
nice one @ op
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 13, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
I have never gone outing with out my pepper spray in my bag.There are evil people lurking around everywhere looking for unsuspecting victims to feast on.

Please where can I get pepper spray?

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Goldenheart(m): 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2017
Ladies, give that make up box a break and protect urselves from endtime robbers

70% Off m5 submachine gun. Comes with extra magazine Just to make sure the bad guys stay dead.

Call Ahmed Abatii
0806111634*

cool cool

6 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by JummyForReal: 8:47pm On Apr 13, 2017
CARLOSZ:
Well
I don't live in Lagos

it can happen anywhere and to anybody. it happened to me in Abia state and also in Ondo state

3 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by mrjojo: 8:54pm On Apr 13, 2017
You think the robbers wouldn't read this? What if they ask you to open your mobile banking app

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Peace Set To Launch Operations To London, Houston, Dubai,china, Mumbai / Ugandan Couple Die In Fatal Accident Just One Week After Their Wedding. Photos / Boat Capsizes In Bayelsa: Pregnant Woman, NYSC Member, Five Others Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.