Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Instagram Stories Hits 200M Users, Surpassing Snapchat - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Instagram Stories Hits 200M Users, Surpassing Snapchat (335 Views)

How To View Instagram Stories Without Showing Your Username / Method To Add Polls To Instagram Stories / Snapchat Keeps Unique Daily Audience Against Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Instagram Stories Hits 200M Users, Surpassing Snapchat by Codedboy95(m): 6:14pm On Apr 13, 2017
“Move last and take things” seems to be Facebook’s new motto.

Facebook 's Instagram announced today that over 200 million people now use its Instagram Stories feature every day, up from 150 million announced in January.

Today's milestone catapults Instagram past the originator of the 'Stories' format — Snapchat, which reported 161 million daily active users ahead of its parent company Snap's IPO last month. It shows just how successfully Facebook can copy and scale an appealing format.

Along with this announcement, Facebook is introducing new 'sticker' tools for Instagram, to make it a more appealing alternative to Snapchat, and more engaging for its users. Now Instagram's users can turn their selfies into stickers, which they'll be able to easily share, or pin within a video.

The app is also launching new Geostickers for Chicago, London, Madrid and Tokyo to apply over photos. The stickers have been designed by artists from the respective cities, enabling users to tap to learn more about the art.

You can see that Instagram is getting faster and faster at cloning Snapchat's features as we recap the timeline:

Stories: Snapchat – October 2013, Instagram – August 2016, Lag – 2 years 10 months

Location Filters: Snapchat – July 2014, Instagram – March 2016, Lag – 1 year 9 months

AR Stickers: Snapchat – April 2016, Instagram – April 2017, Lag – 1 year

Create-Your-Own-Stickers: Snapchat – December 2016, Instagram – April 2017, Lag – 4 months

At this point the only major feature left for Instagram to copy is Snapchat’s animated selfie masks, which Facebook already has in its app and Messenger

What is your say? i guess copy and paste isn't so bad after all grin cheesy

Cc: seun Lalasticlala
https://www.droid.ng/topic/119/instagram-stories-hits-200m-users-surpassing-snapchat/

Re: Instagram Stories Hits 200M Users, Surpassing Snapchat by gritzky1996: 6:15pm On Apr 13, 2017
hello nairalanders facially u don't know me, we might not be from the same ethnicity but for the sake of God help me out by voting for me in the gidicompare competition by liking my pic.I won't be able to repay you but God will give you a helper too.

Please I seriously need your help in this competition. Please visit @gidicompare page on ig and vote my meme by liking the pic.or follow link Am seriously counting on you and BC to all ur friends

https://www.instagram.com/p/BS1FOsPlN9-/
this meme is about bbn efe so let all efenation members vote thanks

(1) (Reply)

Instagram Proudly Announces It's Got 700 Million Users / 5 Reasons Your Smartphone Battery Drain Quickly / Private Browser Firefox Focus Arrives On Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.