Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,229 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Coincidence - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Coincidence (586 Views)

Coronavirus: Was The WUHAN VIRUS Predicted In This Book Or Was It A Coincidence? / Coincidence / Coincidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coincidence by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 14, 2017
Episode 3

it was already dawn...I woke up, stretched my body and rolled around I looked up to check the wall clock, the time says 6:30. I sat on the bed with my left hand around my neck I keep rubbing my neck then I heard a knock on the door, you can come in I said and showed was the Madame I came down on ma feet and knelt to greet her good morning she held my hand "its alright my dear you can sit I need to talk to you " said the Madame. I said okay ma, am all hears.
last night before I slept I had a lot of thinking about what you told me last night and I feel I should see your uncle and discuss some things with him, do you in anyhow know how to contact him, said " the madame
I told her I know his number and she wanted me to call him and I told her I had no phone but I managed to cram his number so I called out the number and she pressed it on her phone she dialed it and it rang, he picked and I spoke with him and told him how I got to the madame. He said he would come over as soon as he can; just then I sent him the address
After some hours my uncle came around, the gate man let him in as instructed by the Madame.
we were all sitted in the living room my uncle introduced himself as Ibiyemi Adekola and the madame introduced herself as Mrs Williams she wanted to talk my uncle alone so I excused them by going to the guest room......after an hour I was called out,,,,my uncle asked me to sit down which I did, he asked if I still want to go back to school and I answered yes sir, Mrs Williams told me a lot and it has been concluded that,,,, just then mrs williams cut in and said the rest " that you should be living with me, that I am ready to cater for all your education and needs I looked at my uncle while my mouth is still opened with surprise written all over my face,,,my uncle shook his head as a sign of yes that was what I had to say. I went on my knee and crawled to where Mrs Williams was sitting I shed happy tears, I place my hands on her thigh and prayed for her to be blessed more and more, my uncle did the same guess he has did a lot of it before I was called out.....she held my hand and pet them I went back to where I was sitting just then this thought of my mother came to my mind and I had to tell them how they are going to tell my mother, my uncle said he will handle the rest but I should not tell my mother anything apart from I'm still living with my uncle and I nodded.

Back at my uncle's, my mother called my uncle's wife many times in order to speak with me but she wouldn't pick, I speak on phone with my mother in the morning and night but when she noticed I didnt pick in the morning and uncle's wife didn't bother to tell my uncle until today
Here at Mrs Williams my uncle's phone rang it was my mother....oh its your mother Toke, I smiled and collected the phone from my uncle
haba was the first thing my mom uttered since yesterday I called your uncle's wife but she wouldn't pick, hope all is well with you?
mommy I am fine I was just busy with things my uncle looked and waved at me so I can lie to her so that she won't be worried, I calmed my mother down and I hanged the call. uncle is set to leave Mrs Williams gave him some money as transport fare and he left to get my results from his house and he would bring them over tomorrow.

Weeks go by and I can't stop but wondering why Mrs Williams live alone and have never heard her mentioned her children or her husband I took the courage of asking her and she sighed so she started with a drop of tear
happiness left me long ago after my husband left the house. It was just me, my husband and my two sons we were so happy eve though we had nothing, so poor and yet happy. unfortunately for me my husband met a rich woman he fell in love with her I heard this and I tried to face my husband and hear it directly from him he didn't just admitted what he did it what i heard but he hurt me more by trying to leave home, he took the youngest son with him and I hugged Aaron so tight while I cried I struggled a lot since then to become rich maybe my husband will come back to me but i think I was wrong that was the last time I heard from him.

this touched my heart and I shed tears and try to calm her I told her how sorry I was to ask that question and I asked if she's still hearing from her son with her husband and why the son with her is not leaving with her. I didnt hear from my other son but Aaron is still in america studying "said Mrs Williams.
I want you to do me a favour Toke I don't want you to see me as Mrs Williams I want you to see as your second mother I've always wished for a daughter but never was it meant for me to give birth to one but the first time I saw you I feel like we had this connection and have liked you since then I don't mind if you call me mother and promise me never to let me down

Hearing all this made me cry because I know I cry easily and i nodded. She hugged me and cry more.

I call my mother and dad everyday, ma uncle visits a lot too and I speak with my brother too, My uncle let it known to his wife that i was with my parents in Ilorin. thanks to Mrs Williams for getting me a phone

********Some months later*******
I wrote both Utme and post Utme I got an admission to university of Lagos. I quickly call Mrs Williams to tell the good news she was really happy and promised to take me out on shopping we went to a very big boutique. I went around checking different clothes and trying them. I saw this pink beautiful dress I held it while walking towards mrs williams and can't stop myself from smiling at the dress instead of looking at where am going, I barged into a young man, my head hit his chest, his big and muscled chest pushed me back and I almost fell from my high heels just then he catches me, his left hand was on my waist while he catched the pink dress with his right hand, we were like this for seconds, he stared at me in the eyes I did the same looking straight in his eyes.
one of the boutique worker came by and called his name Mr Damola this made us come to our senses, he let go of me and what I uttered was oh! am sorry I barged into you, I walked straight to miss Williams and told her what happened she smiled instead. Mr Damola came by me, I looked up at him cus he was tall and I said I thought I said I was sorry why are you still here? I came to return your lovely pink dress stretching out his hand to hand over my dress I collected it then he smiled and left. He came back again offering to choose beautiful clothes for me, i looked at Mrs williams for her consent but then she smiled, shook her head and asked me to go with him that she needed to check things around too
one of the boutique worker came by and bent to him "Sir the clothes are ready " said the boutique worker, I wondered why he bent so i asked why was that
he smiled and with shyness on his face "I own the boutique and have always warn them to stop bending for me so I dont know why he did it today, I smiled well its alright so where are the beautiful dresses, he pointed at the right side there I saw a lot of pink, blue and white coloured dresses, I picked three e
dresses with different colours. I compliment him for having a good taste in colour, Mr Damola blushed and I told him am set to go and I walk away to meet Mrs Williams I went to the cashier with Mrs Williams and we were told the bills was on Mr Damola I looked back to look at him but he smiled, I smiled back I guess every worker knew Mrs Williams the way they all behaved to friendly to her, guess she's their frequent customer and so we left and I waved at Mr Damola.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Our Ordeal In Sambisa Forest / On Sale: For Better, For Worse / I Need A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.