Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

List Of Failed Software Projects - What Went Wrong? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / List Of Failed Software Projects - What Went Wrong? (5399 Views)

My Startup Failed in 28 months / I Keep Getting This Error Message "Gradle Project Syn Failed... / If You've Always Wanted To Learn Programming But Failed, Be Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Failed Software Projects - What Went Wrong? by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 24, 2017
dhtml18:

There are some positions however that only Licensed Software Engineers can trod because there is different between Computer Science and Programming - a gap that is as wide as heaven and earth.

So being a professional programmer only that can code like 100 languages still has its limited without being a Licensed Software Engineer - this is something that the Oyinbo people are very mindful of, and it is very important too.

It will be nice if all Oyinbo are like that o, but it is only the State of Texas and Canada that regulates software projects. hope naija too can join them grin grin
Re: List Of Failed Software Projects - What Went Wrong? by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 24, 2017
Well i wouldn't know, there are always exceptions to the rule sha (we are told there are exceptions to every rule)
Re: List Of Failed Software Projects - What Went Wrong? by kanayoNickel: 9:58pm On May 25, 2017
Febup:

I know you don't agree but the truth is that to guarantee a software project will not fail it is important that someone with a degree in software Engineering and some years of experience is heading that project.

a very Fantastic lie.
Re: List Of Failed Software Projects - What Went Wrong? by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 25, 2017
kanayoNickel:

a very Fantastic lie.

On what basis did you arrive at this
Re: List Of Failed Software Projects - What Went Wrong? by Nobody: 12:59am On May 26, 2017
kanayoNickel:

a very Fantastic lie.
Febup:

On what basis did you arrive at this
This dude wants to begin the argument all over again. . .
Re: List Of Failed Software Projects - What Went Wrong? by Nobody: 1:49am On May 26, 2017
dhtml18:

This dude wants to begin the argument all over again. . .
The dude has been defeated before arrival grin grin grin
Re: List Of Failed Software Projects - What Went Wrong? by kunletoks(m): 11:05am On May 26, 2017
Nice thread.
Re: List Of Failed Software Projects - What Went Wrong? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
dhtml18:
^^^this is true, again, this is why people need to READ, since all these things are clearly documented. Well, make I no LIE, I have the equivalent knowledge of a CS graduate because I once studied in an institution, but was forced to drop out (not failed mind you, that is a long story for another day) and through some abracadabra, graduated with M.B.B.S rather than Bsc CS. So that is probably why I know what a single-precision, double-precision e.t.c is, and understand how pointers are stored in memory, things like binary codes, ASCII characters, difference between carriage return and line feed, why you should use varchar(5) instead TEXT or LONGTEXT for fields e.t.c

For a person that just started learning programming without a background knowledge of CS, all those things I just mentioned above will be rubbish, because your own will just be to make things work - THE CODE IS WORKING (Not caring if there is memory leak, or your app is consuming too much resources). You dont care to determine whether your program is best to be single or multi-threaded - you just want it to work and that is it!

No vex, it is me again. Just curious

So, you mean to say you are a medical doctor? Interesting

But what made you drop that line? (with due respect)

And have you ever handle stetescope (hope i get it right sha)

And scalpels, have you work in that field before?

How did you convince your folks, you won't work in medicine after graduating, (with due respect sir, just curious)
Re: List Of Failed Software Projects - What Went Wrong? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
I did practiced a bit after grad, but mind you, I was earning a fairly decent income as at the time of graduation - so my folks no fit complain.
The essence of education at the end of the day is to make money right?

And yes, I am a fully qualified doctor and can return to practice at any time - and should be returning pretty soon to private practice. I have achieved most of the things (all but one) I set out to do in the software world.
Re: List Of Failed Software Projects - What Went Wrong? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
dhtml18:
I did practiced a bit after grad, but mind you, I was earning a fairly decent income as at the time of graduation - so my folks no fit complain.
The essence of education at the end of the day is to make money right?

And yes, I am a fully qualified doctor and can return to practice at any time - and should be returning pretty soon to private practice. I have achieved most of the things (all but one) I set out to do in the software world.

Thanks for the response, though sad to hear you wll be leaving the software world.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer / Programming Challenge: Convert String to Json with a Loop / My C++ CGPA Calculator Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.