Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Xbox 1 Or Ps4 (please Advise Needed) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Xbox 1 Or Ps4 (please Advise Needed) (1889 Views)

Xbox One Or PS4 Which To Buy / Xbox 1 Help / Xbox 1 Or Ps4 (please Advise Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Xbox 1 Or Ps4 (please Advise Needed) by ibawon(m): 8:55am On Apr 15, 2017
Sold my PS3 last month and gunning to buy another console (although money never reach grin)
I thought of buying another PlayStation 3 but i just decided to go higher just as to give my guys the enhanced feeling of a upgraded console.
I've always wanted to go for the PS4, but recently i noticed that the XBOX 1 is cheaper (UK used) and the game graphics are not different but I dey fear the PAD (as the button should not be so different from PS's own).
Please house i'd like to know more about which one would pay on the long run, your advices based on experience are highly appreciated.
Please Note: I'm not a heavy gamer PES/FIFA and Shooter game don do me cos I only visit home a week in a month....
Re: Xbox 1 Or Ps4 (please Advise Needed) by ifex370(m): 8:58am On Apr 15, 2017
Ps4 All the way
Re: Xbox 1 Or Ps4 (please Advise Needed) by hakinze00(m): 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
Modified: I take back my opinion since u said u re not an heavy gamer
Re: Xbox 1 Or Ps4 (please Advise Needed) by cao(f): 4:33pm On Apr 15, 2017
Well, I own a PS4, while I use an Xbox One at work.
For exclusives - PS4. Sony are killing it with their exclusives, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Infamous franchises are stellar. Even their latest one, Horizon Zero Dawn has gotten great reviews and feedback. With more remasters of their classic exclusives coming soon, they're going to be a force to be reckoned with. XO have their exclusives, but they've been slacking lately, Halo and Gears of War are their steady paper makers. Although, I really enjoyed testing Sunset Overdrive, it was OTT fun.

Backwards compatibility - Xbox One. This is where Microsoft are killing Sony. XO keep updating their backwards compatibility lists, meaning more of your favourite Xbox 360 games are playable on the XO. Although, this has made X360 games more expensive than PS3 games over here.

Online multiplayer - You need a subscription service for both consoles, PS+ and Xbox Live Gold. You also receive free monthly games with them. For PS+, they're available as long as you have your subscription, while with XLG you've got them forever*. Just remember to actually buy them. XLG tend to give out better games, but it wasn't always the case, since they didn't actually use to give free games before. PS+ tend to favour indies, but sometimes they pull off an incredible stunt, like NBA 2K16 & Rocket League. And thanks to their indie love, I've come across titles that I would have never considered playing - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - and expanded my horizon. Plus, the additional PS+ discounts are really good, especially during sales.
*I'm not too sure actually, I've seen some contradictory info, some say it's only the X360 games.

External HDD - With PS4's recent 4.5 update, you can now use both consoles to store and play games from an external HDD.

Control Pad - PS4 for me, I don't have big hamfisted hands, even though this controller is the biggest of the four. If you've got hamfisted hands, XO is for you. Plus, you can always get the hella expensive XO Elite controller.

Internal HDD - It's easy to replace the PS4's HDD. In fact Sony even gave guidelines sef.

Graphics - I'm not going to sit down here and start sprouting fancy words, they simply both look good on a HD TV. Forget all the 4K talk, if you don't have a 4K TV and you don't intend to buy one, just ignore the PS4 Pro and Xbox One Slim (or the upcoming Scorpio). You don't need it. Remember all the games will still have to meet the standard of the standard consoles.

Personally, I'd go with PS4, 'cause I still remember the silly stunt MS tried to pull before launch, but thanks to the public's uproar, they received sense. Plus, more Nigerians own a PS4. In an ideal world, I'd say get both, with a PS4 as your primary console.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xbox 1 Or Ps4 (please Advise Needed) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
A week in a month huh!

Get those tvs with games pre-installed m8.
Re: Xbox 1 Or Ps4 (please Advise Needed) by PMPhoenix(m): 7:47am On Apr 16, 2017
PS4 bro, no even think go xbox side, forget say en cheap, na just to find mugu wey go buy am.

2 Likes

Re: Xbox 1 Or Ps4 (please Advise Needed) by ibawon(m): 8:26am On Apr 16, 2017
PMPhoenix:
PS4 bro, no even think go xbox side, forget say en cheap, na just to find mugu wey go buy am.
Bro Abeg just give me some little reason so i would understand better
Re: Xbox 1 Or Ps4 (please Advise Needed) by PMPhoenix(m): 8:46am On Apr 16, 2017
ibawon:

Bro Abeg just give me some little reason so i would understand better

1. Much better availability of games and accessories (both new and used), and at cheaper prices (Very important!! 8th gen CDs dey cost die). That's why the used Xbox one is much cheaper here, because everything else is shit expensive, in addition to that there are lot of used xbox ones in the market, previous owners dey go buy PS4.

2. PS4 exclusives i.e titles that are only on ps4, are more dope than those of xbox one. Because of this xbox owners and heartbreak na 5 and 6. Xbox dey dull for better games. As far as performance goes both are fairly equally matched though the ps4 has a higher res count of about 1080p while the xbox maxes around 900p, and this really shows with their exclusives.

3. The PS4 is lighter, more compact and a more comfortable console than the xbox in all senses, the xbox is just too clunky. Look at and feel both consoles first hand, you'd understand this better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xbox 1 Or Ps4 (please Advise Needed) by ibawon(m): 2:21pm On Apr 16, 2017
PMPhoenix:

1. Much better availability of games and accessories (both new and used), and at cheaper prices (Very important!! 8th gen CDs dey cost die). That's why the used Xbox one is much cheaper here, because everything else is shit expensive, in addition to that there are lot of used xbox ones in the market, previous owners dey go buy PS4.

2. PS4 exclusives i.e titles that are only on ps4, are more dope than those of xbox one. Because of this xbox owners and heartbreak na 5 and 6. Xbox dey dull for better games. As far as performance goes both are fairly equally matched though the ps4 has a higher res count of about 1080p while the xbox maxes around 900p, and this really shows with their exclusives.

3. The PS4 is lighter, more compact and a more comfortable console than the xbox in all senses, the xbox is just too clunky. Look at and feel both consoles first hand, you'd understand this better.

I'm a Sucker for good Display, that one alone sef don do me, well gotto save up to get the PS4 then
Re: Xbox 1 Or Ps4 (please Advise Needed) by cao(f): 11:02am On Jun 12, 2017
We heard you the first time, no need to repost.
Continue - https://www.nairaland.com/3742709/xbox-1-ps4-please-advise

(1)

Simple Way To Connect Your PS4 Controller To Android Device And Tablet / R4i Gold 3ds Card Firmware Updated To V4.4.0-10,support Pokemon Black/white 2 Us / Battle Field 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.