Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,196 members, 7,839,068 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (618725 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (408) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:44am On Jul 01, 2017
banky3w:
Please Gazzuzz, can you tell us why you avoid V6 engines? Is it the maintenance cost or what particularly don't you like in V6 engines? I have been observing keenly on many other posts your slight contempt for V6 cars and I would really like to know at least to advise the other aspiring users like me.

e.g

Camry 2007 v6 engine cost 600k transmission 750k

Camry 2007 4cyl engine cost 350k
Transmission 350k

6 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lymelyte(m): 3:17am On Jul 01, 2017
Jagermeister:

Bro it's not even about the speed for me. It's a 3.3 litre engine, I wouldn't expect any less.

It's the attention to detail. It's about how much luxury was offered in a car as old as that.

IMO, the interior details of that car commands more volumes than the 2010 Avalon.

Even better than the 2007-2010 ES350, whose interior I consider rather bland.
true talk bro.. the interior is way ahead of time grin

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Ebenezeronline: 9:39am On Jul 01, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

[color=#990000]

Oga Gazzuz, you have not replied me. I'm ready to buy a car now, a 3 row seater, Nigerian used, 2005 upwards, 4.0ltr downwards, clean and sound. Budget range is 800k-1million.

Which model do you advice me to buy? Nissan Pathfinder? Toyota Sienna? Can you recommend any available one? Cash is ready and is hurting my hands wink
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by adanny01(m): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2017
Controlv:
Good Afternoon Sir Gazzuzz

My 03 accord has an issue that my Mechanic has not been able to solve:
The car vibrates a lot when it's idle, especially when gear is engaged. It doesn't vibrate if I shift gear to park.

The car breathes hard at take-off but the breathing gets normal after take off. The gear shifts well and car doesn't vibrate on motion.

The car idles @ 1200 rpm at first start of the day, the rpm goes down to 800 after 4 minutes. It drives very rough if I engage the gear @ 1200rpm (had to idle for 4 mins @ first start to enjoy a smooth ride)

I have changed spark plugs and engine seats but no visible improvement.

Please help

I had vibration issues too. Mine went away by luck. My valve cover had oil leaks so i changed the gasket. My car became smoother.

Reason is that the front engine mount uses engine vacuum and ecu to control its stiffness. If you have little engine vacuum, you lose that function leading to more vibrations. So anything that causes you to lose engine vacuum will cause vibrations.

2ndly, check all the rubber exhaust mounts and replace old and stiff ones.

Lastly, you can resettle the seating of your engine by doing this. Loosen (slack) the mounting bolt of front, rear and right engine mounts. Start the car and hold brakes with hand brakes up. Shift to R for some seconds then shift to D some seconds too. Repeat the shifts before returning to P then turn off the car. Retight the mounting bolts.

Most mechanics install and tighten engine mounts when engine is proped with a jack. Its wrong, they are supposed to bolt and tighten the engine mounts to chassis or subframe then guide the mounting bolts without tightening. They are supposed to remove the prop before tightening. This may cause odd seating of the engine causing more vibration.

There is a service bulleting that suggest updating the ECU because of this vibration issue in the 2003 model. It seems having a 2003 Accord in Nigeria, one has to manage a little too much vibration which is supposed to be resolved by an ECU update. We dont have such facilities. I guess 2004/2005 came with such updates.

High idle at cold start is by default.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by banky3w(m): 11:02am On Jul 01, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

e.g

Transmission 350k

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
And so ladies and gentlemen do I conclude the burial rites of purchasing a 2010 Camry XLE V6 successfully! cool
Honda Accord 2010 EX-L V6 loading...........
I hope the engine and gearbox isn't as costly as the Crazy Camry oh........ Oga Gazzuzz?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by african2: 11:20am On Jul 01, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

[color=#o990000]evil[/color]

Meaning I should go for it or run away from it Pls expantiate...
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:48am On Jul 01, 2017
banky3w:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
And so ladies and gentlemen do I conclude the burial rites of purchasing a 2010 Camry XLE V6 successfully! cool
Honda Accord 2010 EX-L V6 loading...........
I hope the engine and gearbox isn't as costly as the Crazy Camry oh........ Oga Gazzuzz?

engine is more expensive.
Prone to damage when catalyst gets blocked.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by african2: 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
Dear GAZZUZZ, what is your opinion about this Mazda tribute of a car, from 2003 model upwards. I like the design and space alot. Let me have an idea of its maintainability, fuel economy and it's pros and cons.

Thanking you in advance

evil

What do you mean
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
african2:
Dear GAZZUZZ, what is your opinion about this Mazda tribute of a car, from 2003 model upwards. I like the design and space alot. Let me have an idea of its maintainability, fuel economy and it's pros and cons.

Thanking you in advance

evil

What do you mean

My personal view, Evil.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by sisqology(m): 12:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lol
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by mike070: 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

e.g

Transmission 350k

GAZZUZZ is it the same engine n transmission dat Avalon 2005 V6 touring makes use of? Pls I need response so that I know what to do
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by banky3w(m): 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

engine is more expensive.
Prone to damage when catalyst gets blocked.
Bye to V6 be that...... Thanks brother

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
mike070:

GAZZUZZ is it the same engine n transmission dat Avalon 2005 V6 touring makes use of? Pls I need response so that I know what to do

this will require research
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Ebenezeronline: 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ebenezeronline:

Oga Gazzuz, you have not replied me. I'm ready to buy a car now, a 3 row seater, Nigerian used, 2005 upwards, 4.0ltr downwards, clean and sound. Budget range is 800k-1million.

Which model do you advice me to buy? Nissan Pathfinder? Toyota Sienna? Can you recommend any available one? Cash is ready and is hurting my hands wink

GAZZUZZ:
[/color]

sir, you have not answered my question pls
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Controlv: 7:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
adanny01:

I had vibration issues too. Mine went away by luck. My valve cover had oil leaks so i changed the gasket. My car became smoother.

Reason is that the front engine mount uses engine vacuum and ecu to control its stiffness. If you have little engine vacuum, you lose that function leading to more vibrations. So anything that causes you to lose engine vacuum will cause vibrations.

2ndly, check all the rubber exhaust mounts and replace old and stiff ones.

Lastly, you can resettle the seating of your engine by doing this. Loosen (slack) the mounting bolt of front, rear and right engine mounts. Start the car and hold brakes with hand brakes up. Shift to R for some seconds then shift to D some seconds too. Repeat the shifts before returning to P then turn off the car. Retight the mounting bolts.

Most mechanics install and tighten engine mounts when engine is proped with a jack. Its wrong, they are supposed to bolt and tighten the engine mounts to chassis or subframe then guide the mounting bolts without tightening. They are supposed to remove the prop before tightening. This may cause odd seating of the engine causing more vibration.

There is a service bulleting that suggest updating the ECU because of this vibration issue in the 2003 model. It seems having a 2003 Accord in Nigeria, one has to manage a little too much vibration which is supposed to be resolved by an ECU update. We dont have such facilities. I guess 2004/2005 came with such updates.

High idle at cold start is by default.

I'll give this a trial.

Thanks and God bless
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ebenezeronline:

suv, bus, or minivan?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by praxisnetworks: 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
banky3w:

Bye to V6 be that...... Thanks brother
Buy Audi leave the Japanese alone..or decat it and install spacers
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by praxisnetworks: 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

suv, bus, or minivan?
Go back and read his question again.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
praxisnetworks:

Go back and read his question again.

smartchoices, welcome.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ebenezeronline:

First I will assume both vehicles are 1999-2002 max.

One is an SUV, the other is a mini van

Both have V6 engines.

The sienna is front wheel drive, while the pathfinder comes in 4wheel and rear wheel drive.

I am not a fan of both vehicles.

Sadly I cannot help you with this choice, as their applications differ.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by praxisnetworks: 9:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

smartch+martch+oices, welcome.
Are you rechristening me?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Bizzyliss(m): 11:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
My Acura TL 06 goes off when I use the Ac
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:27am On Jul 02, 2017
Bizzyliss:
My Acura TL 06 goes off when I use the Ac

compressor might be frozen stiff and requires a replacement. Nothing beats proper diagnosis.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by makurch: 10:06am On Jul 02, 2017
Please OGA GAZZUZ whats your take on these cars Lexus ES 330 2006 ,
Lexus ES 2007 and Benz C300 2008?

Any known issues wt d cars? Cost nd availability of Parts too?

Am about buying any of them dis july .

please respond fast so i won't make a mistake OR REGRET AFTER PURCHASING .
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by linktel: 10:07am On Jul 02, 2017
Mr Gazzuz

Wehdone sir,pls I want you candid advice on this, I intend to purchase one of this locally used cars.
* Toyota Corolla (bank type) 2006 @1.4m
* Toyota Corolla sport(American) 2006 @1.6m
* Toyota Corolla sport(American)2009 @ 1.9m.

My main issue is that my Kazeem says the 2009 corolla is not as rugged as the 2006 American corolla and 2009 Corolla maintainance is quite high. I checked the silencer of the 2009 and there was a little blackness when i touched in..I really like d 2009 Corolla sport trim tho..should I obey Kazeem Wasiu or follow my heart..?

N/B The car is for uber oh.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by depair: 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
Recently I changed my water pump afterwards change the coolant from water to Holts coolants.
Ever since I have always have reservoir overfilling after driving and the radiator coolant level reducing.
never had overheating issue
even after the water pump change no overheating just concern about the overfilling reservoir

toyota camry 2000
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Ebenezeronline: 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Both have V6 engines.

The sienna is front wheel drive, while the pathfinder comes in 4wheel and rear wheel drive.

Oga,dont assume anything o. I said 2005 models & upward
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by banky3w(m): 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
praxisnetworks:

Buy Audi leave the Japanese alone..or decat it and install spacers
Audi interiors not sexy enough joor and money never fit buy the higher models...... Maybe I'll try BMW but it'll be a shame it can't enter Gazzuzz Shop.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by praxisnetworks: 1:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
banky3w:

Audi interiors not sexy enough joor and money never fit buy the higher models...... Maybe I'll try BMW but it'll be a shame it can't enter Gazzuzz Shop.
Try Audi S4

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ebenezeronline:

GAZZUZZ:

Both have V6 engines.

Ebenezeronline:

Oga,dont assume anything o. I said 2005 models & upward

your budget will not get a good vehicle.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by makavele: 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
Good job here !!!
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by banky3w(m): 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
praxisnetworks:

Try Audi S4
Park well joor.... You think I be one senator pikin abi you think say I follow Evans crew? Mind yourself oh before I arrange for your kidnapping and the ransom will be a 2018 S4 with all options included angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (408) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.