Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (613114 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (407) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:10am On Apr 26, 2017
smellingmenses:

My starter refuses to work after heatup of the engine.... This is after replacing piston rings. Mech says the engine is still running stiff? What's your view @gazzuzz?
Nb
It gets so hot and the battery negative terminal too.

what size of piston rings did you buy? We're they over size? Did mechanic file them? If yes there's not much you can do than wait for friction to take its place.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by smellingmenses: 11:13am On Apr 26, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

what size of piston rings did you buy? We're they over size? Did mechanic file them? If yes there's not much you can do than wait for friction to take its place.
Yes it was filed a bit. 0.10. so after the friction the starter motor will function well?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:17am On Apr 26, 2017
smellingmenses:

Yes it was filed a bit. 0.10. so after the friction the starter motor will function well?

most likely fried the starter motor, consequences of forcing the starter motor to do more than what it is meant to do.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by linktel: 12:58pm On Apr 26, 2017
Dear Gazzuz....thanks for your assistance thus far....the Hyundai Elantra 08 is an interference engine and also uses a timimg belt...that scares me...cos any snap of the belts,the engine is destroyed.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by smellingmenses: 1:14pm On Apr 26, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

most likely fried the starter motor, consequences of forcing the starter motor to do more than what it is meant to do.
Ok so what's the best way forward sir?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:44pm On Apr 26, 2017
smellingmenses:

Ok so what's the best way forward sir?

Reduce compression, lubricate piston walls.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by smellingmenses: 6:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Reduce compression, lubricate piston walls.

Using atf? Or what? Thanks
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by CrownV12(m): 11:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
dillinger:
Had same issue with my BMW. I changed the fuel pump and gbam, issue resolved. You just need to get the right pump that's working well. Sometimes too, the fuel sending unit could be the issue but it's rare.

Thanks a lot.. your input is highly appreciated.. working on it
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by CrownV12(m): 11:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

replace your fuel pump ASSY. The sender and fuel pressure regulator with brand new unit.
Thanks a lot for your input.. working on it
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by rawe45: 9:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
Boss,
My 08 Honda accord engine broke down few days ago, it won't start anymore. Towed it to my mechanic's workshop and after working on the engine he said I'd have to buy a new engine because the crankshaft and the crane shaft are already bad. (don't know what this means though). Earlier today someone suggested rebuilding it instead of going for a new one. Please what can you advise I do?. (Location = Akure)
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by makavele: 1:07am On Apr 29, 2017
rawe45:
Boss,
My 08 Honda accord engine broke down few days ago, it won't start anymore. Towed it to my mechanic's workshop and after working on the engine he said I'd have to buy a new engine because the crankshaft and the crane shaft are already bad. (don't know what this means though). Earlier today someone suggested rebuilding it instead of going for a new one. Please what can you advise I do?. (Location = Akure)

replace engine to avoid stories that touch !!!
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Mueeze(m): 6:25am On Apr 29, 2017
@Gazzuzz, which vehicle would you advise

1. 2005 Toyota Rav 4

2. 2005 Honda CRV

3. 2003 Ford Escape
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by smellingmenses: 6:29am On Apr 29, 2017
rawe45:
Boss,
Rebuild it! If you can get a Mech that is good enough. I can assist with guidelines. I just rebuilt a honda engine. What's the problem with the crankshaft? I suspect half-truths from your Mech. Thanks again to Gazzuzz for the encouragement to rebuild my engine.... Luvinhubby... Ironheart and co. It was a very exciting endeavour.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by smellingmenses: 6:32am On Apr 29, 2017
makavele:

replace engine to avoid stories that touch !!!
With new ones? Engine purchase is mostly black market. In rebuild you know what exactly you are putting together.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:08am On Apr 29, 2017
rawe45:
Boss,

Replace engine

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:09am On Apr 29, 2017
Mueeze:
@Gazzuzz, which vehicle would you advise

1. 2005 Toyota Rav 4

2. 2005 Honda CRV

3. 2003 Ford Escape

I would take the highlighted.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:11am On Apr 29, 2017
smellingmenses:

Rebuild it! If you can get a Mech that is good enough. I can assist with guidelines. I just rebuilt a honda engine. What's the problem with the crankshaft? I suspect half-truths from your Mech. Thanks again to Gazzuzz for the encouragement to rebuild my engine.... Luvinhubby... Ironheart and co. It was a very exciting endeavour.

smellingmenses:

With new ones? Engine purchase is mostly black market. In rebuild you know what exactly you are putting together.

You are still in the test phase. Cover 5,000km first before you start praising ur mechanic.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:14am On Apr 29, 2017
linktel:
Dear Gazzuz....thanks for your assistance thus far....the Hyundai Elantra 08 is an interference engine and also uses a timimg belt...that scares me...cos any snap of the belts,the engine is destroyed.

typical african mentality!

Replace timing belt every 70,000km along with tensioner and car will never snap a timing belt

It will take you about 4years to cover 70,000km.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by smellingmenses: 9:45am On Apr 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

You are still in the test phase. Cover 5,000km first before you start praising ur mechanic.
Well I am happy. I am NOT​ praising any Mech.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Pristinemind: 9:48am On Apr 29, 2017
Hi gazzuzz, which car is the best to go for between these two considering the overall assessment? Thanks in advance..
1) Toyota corrolla Le 05/06
2) Lexus ES 300 03..
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:52am On Apr 29, 2017
Pristinemind:
Hi gazzuzz, which car is the best to go for between these two considering the overall assessment? Thanks in advance..
1) Toyota corrolla Le 05/06
2) Lexus ES 300 03..

They cannot be compared.

2 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Pristinemind: 9:56am On Apr 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

They cannot be compared.
i see. So which should I go for?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:01am On Apr 29, 2017
Pristinemind:
i see. So which should I go for?

what are you looking for in car?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by bsideboii(m): 10:02am On Apr 29, 2017
Hello Sir, I'm about to resign my regular ,not-much- pay job for a 1 year Training in medium- heavy duty Diesel trucks and mechatronics/telematics under Truckmasters in Lagos.What is your advice on this 1. Do you think its worth it? 2. What are my prospects as to starting my own business or free-lancing after the training cash wise? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:04am On Apr 29, 2017
bsideboii:
Hello Sir, I'm about to resign my regular ,not-much-
pay job for a 1 year Training in medium- heavy duty Diesel
trucks and mechatronics/telematics under
Truckmasters in Lagos.What is your advice on this
1. Do you think its worth it?
2. What are my prospects as to starting my own
business or free-lancing after the training cash wise?
Thanks.

You are obviously not married with kids, have a family that can support you?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by bsideboii(m): 10:21am On Apr 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

You are obviously not married with kids, have a family that can support you?
Yes I have a supporting family. I finished NYSC last year Nov but I'm 25 already and need to start thinking of being independent.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Pristinemind: 10:31am On Apr 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

what are you looking for in car?
Iam looking for comfort, durability, style,easily and cheap maintenance.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:47am On Apr 29, 2017
bsideboii:
Yes I have a supporting family. I finished NYSC last year Nov but I'm 25 already and need to start thinking of being independent.

1. Do you think its worth it?
2. What are my prospects as to starting my own

1. Yes
2. Very few competent diesel techs around.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:48am On Apr 29, 2017
Pristinemind:
Iam looking for comfort, durability, style,easily and cheap maintenance.

Lexus ES 300 03..
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 29, 2017
Please i have an offer for a 2007 manual yaris at 850k. Just have to refill ac gas. The car was bought brand new and company used. If there are no major faults, do you think that is a good offer? Or can I get better? Thanks
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by rawe45: 11:01am On Apr 29, 2017
smellingmenses:

Rebuild it! If you can get a Mech that is good enough. I can assist with guidelines. I just rebuilt a honda engine. What's the problem with the crankshaft? I suspect half-truths from your Mech. Thanks again to Gazzuzz for the encouragement to rebuild my engine.... Luvinhubby... Ironheart and co. It was a very exciting endeavor.

Thanks Bro,... I haven't asked around but I'm not sure if I can trust any. If there's any help you can render I'll appreciate it
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by luvinhubby(m): 11:08am On Apr 29, 2017
rawe45:

Thanks Bro,... I haven't asked around but I'm not sure if I can trust any. If there's any help you can render I'll appreciate it

You should find a good workshop in Akure to do that for you, your next option would be to get one from Lagos and that will be expensive for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (407) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.