Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) (51357 Views)

The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) / *** / This School Poster Was Spotted Somewhere In Ibadan (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by johninhos(m): 8:30am On Apr 16, 2017
Twizzy30:
Wizkid - Come closer
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by favourmic(m): 8:33am On Apr 16, 2017
the school is longer working any more
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 16, 2017
The tuition can't even be free.
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 16, 2017
I think that was formerly a school.
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by olu77(m): 8:39am On Apr 16, 2017
Hmmm...Ibadan comes to mind.

The truth is, the quality of school building might neither determine the quality of the future of the pupil nor the quality of education they get. A lot of the great people you know their names today attended schools under tenth.

You may attend a school with the most beautiful building in the world and still be useless to your generation. Future Dangotes, Jonathans, Otedolas etc could emerge from schools like this one while kids from rich homes dedicate their lives to smoking weeds

The other point is, the founder of this school has taken step while some one somewhere is waiting till millions arrive. Many beautiful schools you see today started this way.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by m20208899: 8:42am On Apr 16, 2017
Mustay:
With the grinding machine there, I conclude that our people are just selfish. Once a school has no playground facilities for a child's development and not located in a serene environment, you're just wasting your time.

What's the most annoying is the way the officials of the regulators turn a blind eye to such developments until it becomes rampant in the country. That's when they'd be attempting remedial solutions.

It is already rampant!
Such schools have been in every nook and cranny in Nigeria for many many many years!!!
May God save our educational system.
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by ugochukwua(m): 8:43am On Apr 16, 2017
The rose that grew from the concrete....but dont wish such for another person.Happy easter
LastMumu:
I attended a school like this when I was a kid and I turned out to be a success today, some kids attended the best school around and turned out to be a monumental liability to the society.

LastMumu
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by AuroraB(f): 8:45am On Apr 16, 2017
sweerychick:
Anu oluwa : Yoruba means God's blessings...
Igbo means, Oluwa meat grin grin grin
'Aanu' means 'Mercy', ain't yoruba but I know this quite well
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by Ramirezkhay(m): 8:45am On Apr 16, 2017
This is an abandoned private school building, which is now occupied with all those activities.. I can bet it's no more active
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by sekem: 8:48am On Apr 16, 2017
Tufiakwa

ONLY IN THE SOUTH_WASTE embarassedtongue
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by oz4real83(m): 8:50am On Apr 16, 2017
This na correct 'garri school''. Nothing like 'Nursery school'' here!!!
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by Sunshine1969: 8:55am On Apr 16, 2017
This is a professional Nursery and Primary School, where pupil wishing to be pepper and tomatoes grinders, and food sellers attend from age 4. Good for our country's economic development..
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by factwriter(m): 8:57am On Apr 16, 2017
[quote author=LastMumu post=55609497]I attended a school like this when I was a kid and I turned out to be a success today, some kids attended the best school around and turned out to be a monumental liability to the society.

LastMumu
[/quote

I concur to your statement. Getting education is so important that (sometimes) it doesn't (and shouldn't) really matter where the school was/is located.

Introspect on the lives of people you love who missed getting educated in their days (eg your grandma, uncle, landlord etc) and you would immediately wish they had gone through schooling, even if class was conducted inside a shanty bucateria outskirt of town or on a broken, floating raft somewhere in the Niger Creeks

God bless this Pupils.
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by ahamonyeka(m): 9:02am On Apr 16, 2017
No,only for the afonjas.

See them here.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by seun1960(m): 9:05am On Apr 16, 2017
You will be scared of the exorbitant fees the children pay as school fees
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by ogologoamu: 9:05am On Apr 16, 2017
Zaitoon:
Truly that school need Anu Oluwa cry cry

Anu in Igbo means meat.

Oluwa in Yoruba is God.

God's meat means Anu Oluwa.
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by Originalsly: 9:06am On Apr 16, 2017
What exactly is wrong with the school? Learning is mainly about the teachers and not the building. For this building. ... I see nothing wrong.... the children wouldn't be distracted by what is going on outside. .. the roof is high and has vents on top for heat to escape making inside always pretty cool.... lots of safe open play area.... so why should I not send my child there?
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 16, 2017
LastMumu:
I attended a school like this when I was a kid and I turned out to be a success today, some kids attended the best school around and turned out to be a monumental liability to the society. LastMumu
Your background doesn't necessarily determine your future. Happy Easter Sunday Sir!!

Social media is really a "make me better" platform....mxxxxxxxm
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by dakeskese(m): 9:09am On Apr 16, 2017
Barrywilly:
Looks like the building had been used previously as a decrepit nursery and Pry school but is no longer being used for that purpose again
exactly my thought!
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by ReachHard: 9:09am On Apr 16, 2017
BROWN ROOF PIPU.. NDEEWO NU grin cheesy

Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by GogetterMD(m): 9:26am On Apr 16, 2017
I have seen worse
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by Shiitposter: 9:32am On Apr 16, 2017
LastMumu:
I attended a school like this when I was a kid and I turned out to be a success today, some kids attended the best school around and turned out to be a monumental liability to the society.

LastMumu

Word!!!
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by Zenithpeak(m): 9:42am On Apr 16, 2017
Barrywilly:
Looks like the building had been used previously as a decrepit nursery and Pry school but is no longer being used for that purpose again

You may be right.

Thank God I read your post before making my comment. I would have posted shittttt like every other people who can not look carefully before they leap.
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by AlphaStyles(m): 9:46am On Apr 16, 2017
shey no how to grind pepper na I wan send my pikin to study
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by bami4242(m): 9:51am On Apr 16, 2017
This one just weak me for easter morning
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by lifezone247(m): 10:13am On Apr 16, 2017
DWJOBScom:
Doesn't matter as it might be the only school offering Education to that community for now.

Most of our fathers attended the worst of them all, in very terrible environment and still came out to give you your present luxury

i'm telling you.

1 Like

Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by helen4(f): 10:16am On Apr 16, 2017
There is a probability that the building was once used for school and later converted to residence and painting might be a waste of their money. Anything is possible in our beautiful country.
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by homirefacuny(m): 10:18am On Apr 16, 2017
RotrEmmanuel:
Afonjas undecided
Shut the Bleep.. There are worst schools than this in the East and North. So use your brain next time OK.
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by prodigy24: 10:19am On Apr 16, 2017
Come ooh everything about South west is ugly, their skyline is ugly, their women are ugly, their fruits are ugly eg their banana, and mangoes, their foods are dark and ugly, eg Amala and ewedu, everything about them is damn ugly!!
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by perez100: 10:30am On Apr 16, 2017
The pupils need more than this but if God so desire, He can raise a President from this school.
Re: Would You Send Your Kids To This School? (Pictured) by UncutSk(m): 11:00am On Apr 16, 2017
Afonjas and brown roof grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Common Words Nigerians Use Everyday That Don't Exist / 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score / How Much Does It Cost To Complete A Masters Degree In Nigerian Universities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.