Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone (24643 Views)

Barcelona Vs Sevilla: UEFA Super Cup (5 - 4) On 11th August 2015 / Jose Mourinho's Likely First XI @ Chelsea For 2013/14 Season / Sevilla FC Vs Barcelona (0 - 2) On March 17th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 4:26am On Oct 03, 2011
A massive 11 yellow cards for both sides. . . . . scrappy game, but entertaining nonetheless ~ we should start picking up maximum points from away ties sha.
Still good that it wasn't a loss - 6 games in and still unbeaten!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by usbcable(m): 10:38pm On Oct 22, 2011
infact una don try. even if una loose eventually.
gbosa times 3
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by usbcable(m): 10:39pm On Oct 22, 2011
this kanoute don expire
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by AjanleKoko: 9:55am On Nov 01, 2011
Sevilla finally slip up - against Granada of all teams.
Too many chances gone begging. The Granada keeper provided a masterclass on the same level as Javi Varas at the Camp Nou.
Did you guys see Uche missing a sitter, with an empty post?
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 1:40pm On Nov 06, 2011
Last 3 weeks are totally forgettable. . . . . still haven't struck a balance in the side yet - between midfield and attack, something is missing. Kanoute shouldn't really be playing as much as he does. youth team no go help, we need to buy and buy big sad

already 5pts adrift of the fourth place. . . . .looks like a return to the scrap for Europa ligue places again.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 10:11am On May 12, 2012
@ *bent**burnt**spent* USBcable.

Ever heard the phrase; "the enemy of my enemy. . ." Seeing that you have the potential to be smarter than the offspring of CR7 and Paris Hilton, I am pretty sure you can complete that!

I am still a Se-vi-je-llista. . .but if we cannot win the Liga, then I'd rather the guys in Catalonia did; at least their guys know better than ways to celebrate victory than making obscene, provocative, abusive gestures at the opposition fans!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 5:37am On May 14, 2012
Espanyol 1-1 Sevilla

No European adventure next season!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by usbcable(m): 9:48pm On May 15, 2012
Hamdan
Kasiran
Tayiban
Mubarakan
I finally resurrected a dead amdahl forgotten thread

HALA MADRID
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 9:16am On May 16, 2012
usbcable: Hamdan
Kasiran
Tayiban
Mubarakan
I finally resurrected a dead amdahl forgotten thread

HALA MADRID

You try. . .you no see as I dey hail you join put!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by Homar(m): 1:14pm On May 18, 2012
Sevilla na dead club like liverpool their glory days are over .
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 4:17pm On May 18, 2012
Homar: Sevilla na dead club like liverpool their glory days are over .

Shuo. So make people no support dem again abi!!?
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2012
Looking forward to the new season!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 4:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
Squad changes since the turn of the season

Out -
Freddie Kanoute [Beijing Goan, China]
Javi Varas [Celta Vigo, Spain] *loan
Armenteros [Osasuna, Spain]

In -
Ivan Piris [Sao Paolo, Brazil]
Bryan Rabello [Colo-Colo, Chile]
Diego Lopez [Villareal, Spain]
Javier Hervas [Cordoba, Colombia]
Hedwiges Maduro [Valencia, Spain]
Bernardo Espinosa [Racing, Spain]
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2012
Some of the new faces!

Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2012
New face

Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 5:17pm On Jul 06, 2012
290 app - 136 goals

Thanks for all the special moments Super-Freddie

Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 5:22pm On Jul 06, 2012
The competition is hotting up for the signature of Czech defender Tomas Sivok, with his agent affirming that Sevilla are keen to close a deal following the expiration of his current link with Besiktas.

The centre-back caught the eye during Czech Republic's Euro 2012 campaign, where he helped his side to reach the quarter-finals with a string of solid performances.

Sevilla had looked likely to sign the 28-year-old, but his agent Jiri Mueller now claims that the Spanish club must see off interest from England in order to complete the deal.

"We have opened official talks with Sevilla and would like to have things sorted out as soon as possible," Mueller told CTK.

"We also have registered interest from a club in the Premier League and Besiktas have come back into the race as they want to keep Tomas."

Sivok has made 30 international appearances for the Czech national team, scoring three times.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/722/la-liga/2012/06/24/3198295/besiktas-sivok-opens-talks-with-sevilla-says-agent
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 11:46am On Jul 22, 2012
Sevilla summer programme
The club called off participation in tournament in a Cologne tourney billed for 10-15 July due to lack of guarantees for payment, but will be going to Germany later anyway to play some friendlies.

13/07 - vs Roteña 6-0 (Maduro, Alex Rubio (2), Rabello, Trochowski, Manu)
21/07 - vs Arcos
25/07 - vs Girona
04/08 - vs M'chengladbach
08/08 - vs Deportivo
11/08 - vs Mainz 05
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 11:49am On Jul 22, 2012

SEVILLE FC RETURN TO UMBRO AFTER 11 SEASONS

Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by usbcable(m): 6:49am On Sep 30, 2012
we tried to beat barcelona but as always crumbled under pressure.

next time, we will ensure Medel stays clear of fabregas and busquets.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 5:37am On Jul 24, 2013
Looking forward to the new season...
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 10:06am On Jul 25, 2013
Arrivals for the new season.

Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 6:20am On Jul 29, 2013
2013/14 squad - taking shape

Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 9:18am On Aug 12, 2014
The Euro Super Copa would be a fantastic way to kick off 2014/15!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 9:36am On Aug 12, 2014
Ready to rumble in Cardiff!

Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
Unai Emery: "How can we possibly be favourites against Real Madrid? They haven't had much time to train and won't be at their best, but that doesn't mean they're not favourites. Clearly, though, we have the ability to enjoy a great final, and win."
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 5:51am On Aug 13, 2014
Good game... Krychowiak is very good investment. The only minus was the lack of pace and urgency going forward, otherwise I think this unit will be fluid when they finally hit the ground running.
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 6:04am On Aug 13, 2014

Monchi: The man who made Sevilla

It was in the autumn of 2003 that I first realised that it was time to know a hell of a lot more about Ramon Rodriguez Verdejo. Also known as "Monchi." Also known as the brains behind Sevilla FC's football operation since retiring as their goalkeeper about three years previously (and subsequently for the ensuing 11 years).

Monchi, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason that the city of Sevilla, one of Spain's most prodigious and important talent factories, has a team in the Primera Division.

He may, although this is hypothetical and hard to prove, also be the reason that Sevilla still has two football clubs. Because how this organisation would have survived the dearth of money for clubs outside the big three or four over the past handful of years if they didn't have this 45-year-old 'Big Brain' of football watching over them is a mystery to me.

Temporarily, however, back to the autumn of 2003. A friend of mine, a football lawyer by trade, had been at Highbury to do business and spotted a taxi being called for a Ramon Rodriguez. It was evidently a football matter given the fuss being made over the Spanish visitor and, one tip-off later, I was on the case.

The deal turned out to be Jose Antonio Reyes, about whom most Gunners will have mixed feelings -- but not so in Sevilla.

He's back there now, with his hometown club, but the 2003 sale to Arsenal -- for significantly more than it cost Barcelona to buy Ronaldinho six months earlier -- was the beginning of a selling spree where Monchi's prodigies, like Julio Baptista and Sergio Ramos, earned Los Rojiblancos close to a 90 million-euro profit.

In fact, rather than Monchi, his nickname should be "Margin". His metallurgical ability to spot, sign and plump up a player other clubs are simply not interested in and then sell him for a huge profit is simply remarkable.

Not every single time. Not everything he touches turns to gold or else he'd be "Midas" not Monchi. But I don't believe that in modern times there's a trader of horseflesh anywhere in football with a record to compare to his.

In his time he's either helped promote from Sevilla's youth structure or signed to the club: Dani Alves, Freddie Kanoute, Luis Fabiano, Julio Baptista, Sergio Ramos, Jose Antonio Reyes, Andres Palop, Adriano, Renato, Gary Medel, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Jesus Navas, Alvaro Negredo, Seydou Keita, Christian Poulsen, Alberto Moreno, Kevin Gameiro, Enzo Maresca, Carlos Bacca, Diego Lopez and Ivan Rakitic.

Not all have been sold, a couple were allowed to leave for free given their age. But every single one of those players has brought, or will bring, vastly more to Sevilla in terms of sale price, prestige, sponsorship and trophies than they cost to acquire.

By the time they are all sold, I'd estimate it'll be at a net profit of around 200 million euros.

And the cherry on the icing, certainly for me because this is not an accountant's column, is that Monchi the Margin Man's driving philosophy is that he and his network can buy short and sell long but all the while, win trophies. Thus it is that during his time as the grey matter behind the club, Sevilla have reached 10 finals (including Tuesday's UEFA Super Cup against Real Madrid) and won seven of them.

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/1981765/monchi-the-man-who-made-sevilla
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 7:41am On Aug 14, 2014

Alberto Moreno admits it was difficult to leave Sevilla, but he is looking forward to the new challenge of playing for Liverpool in the Premier League.

The left-back was taken out of the Sevilla team that faced Real Madrid in the UEFA Supercup on Tuesday and the 22-year-old was emotional after the match, as he bade farewell to the fans and team-mates.

The Spain international was at the club’s Melwood training ground on Wednesday to finalise a £12 million move to Anfield and he told ABC de Sevilla that he felt sad leaving his boyhood club, but Liverpool is a good step in his career.

“I am living a strange situation because I’m leaving the club of my life. I was always aware of the two teams (trying) to agree. I never got into that but Sevilla have understood that Liverpool’s offer was good and I am going.

“(I have) many feelings together. What happened on the pitch, with the fans, will remain forever etched on me and I could not help but mourn because I did not expect it.

“First came the parting with colleagues, then with the fans…all very complicated. Liverpool are a great team and of course I’m super-motivated. I hope things go well.”

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/120257/alberto-moreno-its-a-strange-situation-because-im-leaving-the-club-of-my-life/

Farewell Moreno... all the best!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 6:37am On Aug 16, 2014

A statement released by Barcelona on Thursday confirmed the assignment for the promising winger.

“FC Barcelona and Sevilla FC have reached an agreement in principle for the loan of Gerard Deulofeu to the Andalusian club for the 2014-15 season, an operation designed to ensure that he gets to play as many games as possible and therefore develop as a footballer.”

It was reported on Thursday morning that Deulofeu was likely to join former Barcelona B teammate, Denis Suarez in Andalusia, after the 20-year-old failed to convince manager Luis Enrique that he was worthy of more consistent playing time with the first team.

Deulofeu will not undergo his standard medical before officially being presented by Sevilla and joining his new teammates as they prepare for their 2014-15 La Liga and Europa League title defense.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/120392/barcelonas-gerard-deulofeu-joins-sevilla-on-loan/

Good addition to the squad!
Re: Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone by RuuDie(m): 6:42am On Aug 16, 2014
Valencia midfielder, Ever Banega has made clear that his desire is to leave Los Che this summer and reunited with former manager, Unai Emery but the Argentine international recently admitted that his future is out of his hands.

In an interview with ABC’s Orgullo de Nervion, Banega revealed that there are negotiations but he knows very little about his future.

“I’d love to play for Sevilla, of course. But that’s something that’s not up to me. I don’t know what will happen to me. I’m training with Valencia and waiting for them to tell me something. Actually, there’s very little I can say about my future.”

Estadio Deportivo has claimed that there has been consistent contact with Sevilla and the player’s agent about a possible move with Valencia-based sports daily, Super Deporte claiming that Valencia were hoping to receive €4 million, but could go as low as €2 million for the 26-year-old.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/120429/banega-id-love-to-play-for-sevilla/

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Wolfsburg: UCL: (2 - 1) On 30th September 2015 / Fulham Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 13th November 2022 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur (4 - 2) On 19th January 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.