Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:49 AM

Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? (1429 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? / I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by kilo4sure: 10:38am On Apr 17, 2017
joyandfaith:
Jesus is not Almighty God, the Creator of universe. For instance, Jesus’ opposers accused him of making himself equal to God. ( John 5:18; 10:30-33 ) However, Jesus never claimed to be on the same level as Almighty God. He said: “The Father is greater than I am.”— John 14:28 .
Jesus’ early followers did not view him as being equal to Almighty God. For example, the apostle Paul wrote that after Jesus was resurrected, God “exalted him [Jesus] to a superior position.” Obviously, Paul did not believe that Jesus was Almighty God. Otherwise, how could God exalt Jesus to a superior position? —Philippians 2:9 .
And who said Jesus is the same person as almighty God? Christians say Jesus is God, not that Jesus is THESAME PERSON as God. I know this is confusing, but this is just to clarify so we know what we are arguing.
Re: Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? by greenmonk: 2:39am On Apr 18, 2017
kilo4sure:

And who said Jesus is the same person as almighty God? Christians say Jesus is God, not that Jesus is THESAME PERSON as God. I know this is confusing, but this is just to clarify so we know what we are arguing.
You are the one confusing yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

13 Facts You Don’t Know About MIDNIGHT Prayers / What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? / The Mistakes Frank Edward And Sinach Made That Affected Their Music Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.