Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,064 members, 7,953,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:54 PM

Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? (5186 Views)

A Renewed Creation ( The New Heaven And The New Earth ) / Was Devil Aware That Jesus Was God Before He Tempted Him? / I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2017
In the beginning, god created heaven and earth.

Where was god before creating heaven and earth?
Was he homeless?
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by MrAlfa: 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
He was everywhere. LOL.

1 Like

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by subtlemee(f): 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
The firmament
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by hopefulLandlord: 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2017
He wasn't created before then

5 Likes

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by felixomor: 4:51pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:

Was he homeless?

Do you believe Genesis?
Why are you asking from what u dont believe?
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 5:36pm On Jun 05, 2017
felixomor:

Do you believe Genesis?
Why are you asking from what u dont believe?
I want to believe. It's not fun being an atheist. I wish there is a god. I thought there was one before but i was wrong.
All atheist once searched for god and some (like me) are still searching. sad

2 Likes

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 5:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
MrAlfa:
He was everywhere. LOL.
Lol....nothing was created then, nothing existed then, so no single where was in existence before we start talking of every-where grin
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 5:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
subtlemee:
The firmament
According to the genesis creation narrative, god created the firmament to separate the "waters above" the earth from the "waters below" the earth. This means the firmanent was created after the heaven and earth and it's purpose is not defined as god's dwelling place
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by felixomor: 6:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:

I want to believe. It's not fun being an atheist. I wish there is a god. I thought there was one before but i was wrong.
All atheist once searched for god and some (like me) are still searching. sad
Sorry
If you are still searching,
Then you are not an atheist.
That is a fallacy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 6:19pm On Jun 05, 2017
felixomor:

Sorry
If you are still searching,
Then you are not an atheist.
That is a fallacy.
I'm open minded, i answer anything you call me being sure it doesnt change who i am.
Fine, i am a theist that don't believe in any god.
Anyhow you want to describe me, i am good and fine!
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by felixomor: 6:26pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:

I'm open minded, i answer anything you call me being sure it doesnt change who i am.
Anyhow you want to describe me, i am good and fine!
Ok, good to know u are open minded.
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 7:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
felixomor:

Ok, good to know u are open minded.
now you know, can you open mindedly discuss based on the topic?

1 Like

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by felixomor: 7:15pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:

Was he homeless?

I would have,. But the question doesn't make sense.
God is infinite.
Everything that was created, both heaven and earth.
Exists in Him.

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 7:24pm On Jun 05, 2017
felixomor:

I would have,. But the question doesn't make sense.
God is infinite.
Everything that was created, both heaven and earth.
Exists in Him.

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Sure, i agree to all that. I want to agree god is infinite, i also want to agree he created heaven and earth.
But knowing too well heaven is god's dwelling place which he created alongside earth, i want to know where god was dwelling before he created his dwelling place - which is heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by felixomor: 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:

Sure, i agree to all that. I want to agree god is infinite, i also want to agree he created heaven and earth.
But knowing too well heaven is god's dwelling place which he created alongside earth, i want to know where god was dwelling before he created his dwelling place - which is heaven.

Nah, u miss it.
"Heavens" in Genesis refers to celestial bodies and planetary bodies.

Please get a concordance fast.
Some bible translation even do it justice.

Gen 1:1 - In the beginning, God made the universe - GNT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 7:44pm On Jun 05, 2017
felixomor:

Nah, u miss it.
"Heavens" in Genesis refers to celestial bodies and planetary bodies.

Please get a concordance fast.
Some bible translation even do it justice.

Gen 1:1 - In the beginning, God made the universe - GNT
Below are several translations of the bible. Why would good news translation be most correct one among these translations below? Why would heaven in genesis differ from heaven in revelation? Does that mean earth in genesis also differ from earth in revelation?

New International Version
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

New Living Translation

English Standard Version
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

New American Standard Bible

King James Bible
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
In the beginning, God created the universe.

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible

GOD'S WORD® Translation
In the beginning God created heaven and earth.

JPS Tanakh 1917

New American Standard 1977

Jubilee Bible 2000

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
In the beginning God created heaven, and earth.

Darby Bible Translation

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth

1 Like

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by felixomor: 7:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:

Below are several translations of the bible. Why would good news translation be most correct one among these translations below? Why would heaven in genesis differ from heaven in revelation? Does that mean earth in genesis also differ from earth in revelation?

New International Version

New Living Translation

English Standard Version
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

New American Standard Bible

King James Bible

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
In the beginning, God created the universe.

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible

GOD'S WORD® Translation
In the beginning God created heaven and earth.

JPS Tanakh 1917

New American Standard 1977

Jubilee Bible 2000

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
In the beginning God created heaven, and earth.

Darby Bible Translation

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth

Get a bible concordance and check what "heavens" there means.

Its very clear.
No need to argue much.
Shalom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by malvisguy212: 10:22pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:

Lol....nothing was created then, nothing existed then, so no single where was in existence before we start talking of every-where grin
can a spirit be created ?
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 10:27pm On Jun 05, 2017
malvisguy212:
can a spirit be created ?
yes, in our mind

1 Like

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by malvisguy212: 10:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:

Genesis 1:1
in the beginning (time) God created the heaven (space) and the earth (matter).

we read in the epistle of Paul were he refer were God dwell as the third heaven:
2Corinthian 12:2
2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven.

there is nothing imply in genesis one that God created his own home, the reason you think like this is because you are only looking for fault and not truth.

Isaiah 57:15
15 For thus says the High and Lofty One
Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:
s “I dwell in the high and holy place,
With him who has a contrite and humble spirit,
To revive the spirit of the humble,
And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by malvisguy212: 10:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:
yes, in our mind
so, who created the first spirit ?
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 10:47pm On Jun 05, 2017
malvisguy212:
so, who created the first spirit ?
tell me
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:47pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:

Please explain . What does this mean ? Are there theists who don't believe in God ? And atheists who believe in God ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:50pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:
yes, in our mind

The mental is immaterial and cannot be reduced to something physical. The mind is indeed the spirit .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by malvisguy212: 10:51pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:
tell me
you said a spirit can be created ( which is wrong) so I am asking you, who created the first spirit ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
chemystery:
tell me

How can he tell you ? You made the claim that our mind created spirit , please defend it .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by malvisguy212: 10:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The mental is immaterial and cannot be reduced to something physical. The mind is indeed the spirit .
the atheist is indeed confused.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
malvisguy212:
the atheist is indeed confused.

Very confused .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 10:56pm On Jun 05, 2017
malvisguy212:
Genesis 1:1
in the beginning (time) God created the heaven (space) and the earth (matter).

we read in the epistle of Paul were he refer were God dwell as the third heaven:
2Corinthian 12:2
2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven.

there is nothing imply in genesis one that God created his own home, the reason you think like this is because you are only looking for fault and not truth.

Isaiah 57:15
15 For thus says the High and Lofty One
Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:
s “I dwell in the high and holy place,
With him who has a contrite and humble spirit,
To revive the spirit of the humble,
And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
Why dont people say "our father who art in third heaven..." or is god dwelling in space?

1 Like

Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 11:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Please explain . What does this mean ? Are there theists who don't believe in God ? And atheists who believe in God ?
someone wanted me to define myself that way so i did
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 11:02pm On Jun 05, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

i never knew, you are just telling me. All i know is the human mind created all spirit being
Re: Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? by chemystery: 11:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
malvisguy212:
you said a spirit can be created ( which is wrong) so I am asking you, who created the first spirit ?
if you say spirit cannot be created, then we are both right

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

POPES WHO WERE ACTUALLY TERRIBLE PEOPLE [PHOTOS] / Reason Why Islam Is A Satanic Religion / How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.