Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,233 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade (41073 Views)

Wizkid Dances With A Plus-Sized Female Fan In The U.S / Sarkodie Replies Yemi Alade Over Her Claims On Him Disgracing Her Three Times / Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me, Says Yemi Alade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by blogbloke: 1:08pm On Apr 16, 2017

Vivacious singer, Yemi Alade, has practically conquered the African continent and it seems she won’t rest until she adds the rest of the world to her empire.

Alade is known to sing in different languages including Yoruba, English, Igbo, French, and Swahili, among others. Expressing her love for African culture, she told Sunday Scoop how being from two different tribes has helped her career. “You cannot underestimate the importance and role of tribes in Nigeria as it is taken very seriously. I am very proud of my heritage as an African and I try to portray in every way that I can and everywhere I go. Being partly Yoruba and Igbo is a big plus for me as it has helped me to connect with both cultures. However, I believe that both cultures are inextricably intertwined because they share a lot of similarities,” she said.

Yemi also stated that her first hit, Johnny was released by mistake. She said, “I was in the studio with Selebobo and we were just goofing around trying to come up with a nice sound. The first line for the song just came out playfully and I continued. I never thought that it would become a hit and if not that the song was leaked, I may never have released it.”

Source: http://ovoko.com.ng/yoruba-igbo-plus-yemi-alade/

Cc: mynd44, lalasticlala

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nice Legs wink

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Airtimex(m): 1:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
Mama Nkechi

Nice outfit kiss

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by yanabasee(m): 1:17pm On Apr 16, 2017
Ok....i get...

So for those of you that are neither Yorubas nor Ibos.... please go and fry ur beans...

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Davash222(m): 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2017
While Igbos and Yorubas are always at war here..

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by HITdemUP: 1:24pm On Apr 16, 2017
Equation balanced. .YORUBA + IGBO = produced this beautiful damsel.
For those clamouring for a break up , this is a further proof that Igbos breaking away from Nigeria is not negotiable. What bound us together is far greater than what separated us...
The Igbos should be patient.. I strongly notion this believe that an IGBO man will eventually rule this great Nation one day. I CALL FOR CALM and PATIENT... 1<3

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Modelsms8: 1:24pm On Apr 16, 2017
I love this Dude

Please check my signature below for your data bundles.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND TESTIMONIES FROM NAIRALANDERS WHOM I HAVE SOLD TO.
Thanks and and remain blessed.
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Afam4eva(m): 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2017
HITdemUP:
For those clamouring for a break up , this is a further proof that Igbos breaking away from Nigeria is not negotiable. What bound us together is far greater than what separated us...
The Igbos should be patient.. I strongly notion this believe that an IGBO man will eventually rule this great Nation one day. I CALL FOR CALM and PATIENT... 1<3
Nothing irks me more than coments such as this.

Oga, it's nothing new for Igbos and Yorubas to marry and deliver inter tribal offspring. For you to link this to why you think the unity of the country is non negotiable givies you away as a slowpoke (no offence). Aren't there Nigerian getting married to Ghanians, jamaicans etc? Maybe we should merge those countries too. WTF.

226 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Zaheertyler(m): 1:43pm On Apr 16, 2017
but that's not yemi alade na

3 Likes

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by jerrybakermillz(m): 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
Kk... Igbos and yorubas are a plus to this country as well but their war on nairaland is something else

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by joeprince23(m): 1:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
i remember those days in upper chime avenue new haven enugu,we use to come from PH to spend time with them in enugu at oshimili strt... yemi was born and breed in enugu though his dad is yoruba and works with anamco... we were all friends in 042 coal city inculding selebobo runtown hype mc etc spaceman aka chuks from cosmo fm(though he is now based in ph with me)

GOOD OLD DAYS

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by WaterDrunkard: 1:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
The two tribes that fights themselves online but lives together peacefully cheesy

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by RisingUp: 1:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
shocked
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
You are not Igbo. You are Yoruba! angry

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
HITdemUP:

Are you mad?

30 Likes

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
HITdemUP:
The Igbos should be patient.. I strongly notion this believe that an IGBO man will eventually rule this great Nation one day. I CALL FOR CALM and PATIENT .... 1<3
undecided

Really?

4 Likes

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by femi4: 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
Modelsms8:
I love this Dude

dude ke

8 Likes

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by HRich(m): 1:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
I'm friendly with your Chest bae

3 Likes

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
You gerrit.
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Shiitposter: 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
Modelsms8:
I love this Dude

Something wrong with your eye sight son? That's a woman.

7 Likes

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Adex097: 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
Afonja + Igbo. What a combination. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by seunny4lif(m): 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
careytommy7:
You are not Igbo. You are Yoruba! angry
Gbam
We accept her grin grin

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Dottore: 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by seunny4lif(m): 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
HITdemUP:

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by angelimida(m): 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
very correct
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by omofunaab(m): 2:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
Palongo music
Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by AntiWailer: 2:02pm On Apr 16, 2017
Just like being an African American abi ? grin

You will be Oduduwa Biafran. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by hucienda: 2:02pm On Apr 16, 2017
Sharp business girl.

e-battle looming over the thread ... grin

NCAN. Come answer present.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by CheezyCharles(m): 2:04pm On Apr 16, 2017
Igbo + AFONJA =FLATONJA ! SOUNDS LIKE THE NAME OF A MASQUERADE .

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Jetleeee: 2:04pm On Apr 16, 2017
Afam4eva:

Nothing irks me more than coments such as this.

Oga, it's nothing new for Igbos and Yorubas to marry and deliver inter tribal offspring. For you to link this to why you think the unity of the country is non negotiable givies you away as a slowpoke (no offence). Aren't there Nigerian getting married to Ghanians, jamaicans etc? Maybe we should merge those countries too. WTF.

Lol don't mind that ogede

7 Likes

Re: Being Yoruba And Igbo Is A Plus For Me - Yemi Alade by Mathematical(f): 2:05pm On Apr 16, 2017
cry

Tribal war go start now. Nairalandlers and e-wars

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Kuti Takes His Son To His Grandparent's Grave Side In Abeokuta / Tiwa Savage Bum Shorts Throwback Photo / Dillish Mathews & Her Boyfriend, Emmanuel Adebayor Step Out For Date Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.