Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police (14389 Views)

Fayose: Magu Should Be Detained For 28 Days / Ubani: Magu Should Have Investigated Tinubu, Ganduje, Oshiomhole / The Theatrics Of Ben Ayade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:50pm On Apr 16, 2017
By TonyeBarcanista

I have been following the recent activities of Ibrahim Magu led EFCC with respect to miraculous "discovery" of money worth hundreds of millions of dollars in the most "amazing" areas and places one can think of. 

THREE AMAZING DISCOVERIES WITHIN A 4-WEEK PERIOD:
Firstly, in on the 4th of March 2017, it was reported that EFCC "discovered" a whopping N49 million in bundle in a luggage at Kaduna Airport during a routine check of Luggages, I mean N49,000,000. 

While one would expect that someone would be arrested (as the money had no legs),  the EFCC through its zonal head in Kaduna state said the owner of the luggage showed up but couldn't explain how he came about the money and "fled" into the thin air. In their own words, "his inability to give any concrete explanation made him become uncomfortable and he disappeared into thin air before the arrival of the EFCC operatives according to our source of information." Till date no arrest or lead has been made about the money or whatever... 

We were still wondering how a man could flee into the thin air in the midst of security operatives that searched his bag or how a whopping N49 million will stroll its way into Kaduna airport, the EFCC again came with another "discovery" on April 7, just 3 weeks after the Kaduna discovery. 

On April 7, our beloved EFCC discovered a whopping N448.8 Million in a shop in Lagos that has been abandoned for more than TWO YEARS and has not been opened during the period. As usual, no arrest was made nor any clue given.  I mean, even the traders and those allegedly present were even amazed at the "wizardry" of Magu led EFCC. 

While we kept wondering, trying to reconcile both the Kaduna and Lagos events, the EFCC gave us a bigger shocker a few days ago. This time, they discovered a whopping $50 Million in a Tower in Ikoyi, Lagos. As usual, nobody was linked to or arrested in connection, not even the "gatemen" keeping watch over the building nor the person that gave EFCC operatives the "key" to the safe. 

In fact, every known human being is being alleged to be the owner of the money from a former NNPC MD, former PDP Chairman Adamu Muazu, as well as former Governor of Rivers state Rotimi Amaechi-wjth ALL of them denying and even threatened with lawsuit.  Now they have shifted ownership to National Intelligence Agency (NIA) saying that the Director-General "ran" to Magu and advised him against searching the apartment...  What a story? 

LET US REASON TOGETHER
Is it possible that an Intelligence agency like NIA with security personnel attached to the agency will not put armed to the teeth  security guards around the apartment to guard it against invasion? Are they saying that the SEVEN policemen from the EFCC that invaded the apartment will disarm and overpower these security guards? Are they saying that the DG will tell his men to willingly surrender to EFCC operative even when the agency cross into their territory? Is EFCC, an agency under the Ministry of Justice now superior to NIA,  an intelligence agency under the office of the National Security Adviser (just like DSS)? Can EFCC invade the territory of DSS? 

How did EFCC get the key to the safe? Is EFCC saying such an apartment housing such a large amount will have no guard watching over it?  Not even a "maiguard"? How do we explain the trend of discovering money without clue to who owns or watches the money?  Who will keep a whopping N49 million,  N448 million and $50 million without a watchman or even a spy? 

MAGU HAS TO LEARN FROM HIS NPF COLLEAGUES:
I understand that Magu is trying to play to the gallery in order to please his paymasters, entertain the fantasy of some Nigerians that are gullible, and mislead the public that he is "working". But I think he has to learn from his colleagues in the Police Force on how to go about it. 

There are basically  two ways to achieve this, which I believe will be more sellable to Nigerians than his comedic show. 

The first method is for Magu to announce that investigation is on the way and some suspects being trailed, then he  has to instruct his men to raid any uncompleted building where unemployed young people gather to smoke Indian hemp, arrest them, torture them to accept having knowledge in the crime, invite the press to announce that arrest have been made in connection with the discovered money and make the suspects give confessional statements. Then tell Nigerians that further investigation is ongoing to get all the perpetrators and bring them to justice, then approach any high Court to file a case against the "suspects". 

The second option is to inform the DPO of the nearest police station to "loan him" victims of raids and mass arrest,  torture them and get them rehearse their confessional statements, then carry them along to the so called scene of the drama, video them and tell the press that they were the people keeping watch over the monies and vow that you will  do all you could to bring their sponsors to justice. The "loanee" suspects will make confessional statements and you can then approach a High Court to prosecute them. 

I am very sure that Magu will earn accolades from unsuspecting Nigerians if he implored either of the methods highlighted above. Everyone will be carried away by another events after a couple of days and the whole matter will DIE a natural death. Nobody will be asking questions that further embarrasses the EFCC and Magu. 

Oh Magu,  you know that your recent deception,  sorry I mean discoveries will not sell even in Nollywoood. You have to drop this "James Bond" styled theatrics and learn from your colleagues in the Nigeria Police Force.

Magu need to be informed that Nigerians aren't as stupid as he may think, even if he has to plant money it should be done with wisdom and tacts.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria 

shared on palmchat

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by DickDastardly(m): 1:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
Exactly!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by DrGoodman: 1:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
Or he can borrow any suspect arrested of 419, rough him up and make him say he was given the cash by Wike grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by DickTator1: 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2017
Why is EFCC suddenly quiet?
Reason: I believe the money belongs to Amaechi and Tinubu owns the house, quote me any where.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by hucienda: 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2017
No be small theatrics.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
Ok
Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by AngelicBeing: 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by DickDastardly(m): 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
DickTator1:
Reason: I believe the money belongs to Amaechi and Tinubu owns the house, quote me any where.
Exactly!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
DickTator1:
No surprise say na Magu De plant them the money in conjunction with his friends in CBN and Minting agency.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by DickTator1: 2:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
No surprise say na Magu De plant them the money in conjunction with his friends in CBN and Minting agency.

Very possible.
So you think magu may have planted the money to impress Buari?

7 Likes

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by DickTator1: 2:03pm On Apr 16, 2017
DickDastardly:

Exactly!

Tinubu own half of Lagos, this maybe one of his many houses.

10 Likes

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 16, 2017
MAGU HAS TO LEARN FROM HIS NPF COLLEAGUES:
I understand that Magu is trying to play to the gallery in order to please his paymasters, entertain the fantasy of some Nigerians that are gullible, and mislead the public that he is "working". But I think he has to learn from his colleagues in the Police Force on how to go about it. 

There are basically  two ways to achieve this, which I believe will be more sellable to Nigerians than his comedic show. 

The first method is for Magu to announce that investigation is on the way and some suspects being trailed, then he  has to instruct his men to raid any uncompleted building where unemployed young people gather to smoke Indian hemp, arrest them, torture them to accept having knowledge in the crime, invite the press to announce that arrest have been made in connection with the discovered money and make the suspects give confessional statements. Then tell Nigerians that further investigation is ongoing to get all the perpetrators and bring them to justice, then approach any high Court to file a case against the "suspects". 

The second option is to inform the DPO of the nearest police station to "loan him" victims of raids and mass arrest,  torture them and get them rehearse their confessional statements, then carry them along to the so called scene of the drama, video them and tell the press that they were the people keeping watch over the monies and vow that you will  do all you could to bring their sponsors to justice. The "loanee" suspects will make confessional statements and you can then approach a High Court to prosecute them.

Tony being sarcastic to be relevant undecided chief protection seeker

14 Likes

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by DickTator1: 2:04pm On Apr 16, 2017

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by yashau(m): 2:05pm On Apr 16, 2017
undecided
Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by bumi10(m): 2:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
This is important

Tonye, you raised valid and salient points that begs for answers.

I have been asking myself this same question.

How can someone bring luggage into an airport and couldn't account for the money and then before EFCC operatives arrived, he evades the whole security in the airport and flew into the thin air? I mean he also evaded the cctv cameras in the airport abi? Cus no picture has been put out as "wanted".

I might not have been born long ago but definitely, I was not born yesterday.

I love your write and with your permission, I would like to re-post it on my blog? - exlinklodge.com

17 Likes

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by donmalcolm21(m): 2:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
No matter what these guys cook up, Nigerians are waiting gor Magu to tell us how he came about 15billion naira. A money that's not own by anyone not even the Devil

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by donmalcolm21(m): 2:08pm On Apr 16, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Ok
Before you go edit and type trash just take this one small

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by DickTator1: 2:09pm On Apr 16, 2017
lalasticlala come o
mynd44 come o
Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:09pm On Apr 16, 2017
DickTator1:

Very possible.
So you think magu may have planted the money to impress Buari?
Of course, yes.

Look at it this way...

If the $50m belongs to Amaechi or Tinubu, EFCC will never, I mean NEVER gain access to the building as both men are influential in the government that they will deploy readily available SOLDIERS and mobile policemen to guard it... You see?

What about other discovered monies in Kaduna Airport and Lagos shop?

Thing is Magu and his men could have planted the money just to impress Buhari (who has lost touch with his government) and excite the fantasies of Nigerians that he is working. But, he wasn't smart enough to emulate his colleagues in sky blue and black.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by dejiogundipe(m): 2:09pm On Apr 16, 2017
very funny
Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
DrGoodman:
Or he can borrow any suspect arrested of 419, rough him up and make him say he was given the cash by Wike grin
Your head de there... Even a "yahoo" boy... Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by DickTator1: 2:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Of course, yes.

Look at it this way...

If the $50m belongs to Amaechi or Tinubu, EFCC will never, I mean NEVER gain access to the building as both men are influential in the government that they will deploy readily available SOLDIERS and mobile policemen to guard it... You see?

What about other discovered monies in Kaduna Airport and Lagos shop?

Thing is Magu and his men could have planted the money just to impress Buhari (who has lost touch with his government) and excite the fantasies of Nigerians that he is working. But, he wasn't smart enough to emulate his colleagues in sky blue and black.

Suddenly Magu is finding money everywhere, even in abandoned houses. I think you're right.

12 Likes

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by DickTator1: 2:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
Calling all BMC BBC etc.
oya lets roll. grin grin grin i ready for una today.
sarkii, madridguy,dropshot,ngeneukwuenu,modath where una dey

9 Likes

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by Captain1Nigeria(m): 2:19pm On Apr 16, 2017
True talk

1 Like

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by AirFireEarthH20: 2:20pm On Apr 16, 2017
Magu is a two-faced criminal and actor who is supposed to be in nollywood and not EFCC.

Nuhu Ribadu arrested and jailed a sitting I.G of Police close to the president, a very powerful governor of the ruling party and many other powerful ruling party chiefs. But today if you are with buhari , you can steal as much as you like because no one will arrest you.

corruption fight indeed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:27pm On Apr 16, 2017
DickTator1:

Suddenly Magu is finding money everywhere, even in abandoned houses. I think you're right.
You know when I was still in my boyhood I use to fantasize about storming on some huge amount of money on the floor and use it to make my dad to. be very wealthy. Magu is trying to remind me of that fantasy.

"as I de wakar so make I just see $1000000 inside wallet for ground. I go pick an and use am buy house for Ikoyi for my papa, build Plaza for my mama, carry my friends, brother and sisters to America, buy cars and help poor. people" cheesy cheesy cheesy

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2017
AirFireEarthH20:
Magu is a two-faced criminal and actor who is supposed to be in nollywood and not EFCC.

Nuhu Ribadu arrested and jailed a sitting I.G of Police close to the president, a very powerful governor of the ruling party and many other powerful ruling party chiefs. But today if you are with buhari , you can steal as much as you like because no one will arrest you.

corruption fight indeed
If Ribadu was still in EFCC he wouldn't have spared Babachir, Tukur Buratai, Amaexhi and all indicted officers of the administration.

10 Likes

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by genearts(m): 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2017
look at how pdp has turned the once intelligent tonye into writing poo. just look at this piece of crap, very unenlightening and totally nonsesical. guy you dey fall my hand. smh

why are pdp goons so desperate to cast doubts over the activities of efcc by the way?

smh

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by HisSexcellency(m): 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2017
Just one question :

How did they unscramble the lock to the Vault? Or did the whistle-blower also have the key and password to that.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by DrGoodman: 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2017
The IQ of most Nigerians are very low. They can believe anything. Magu is playing of that low IQ to make it seem he or the government is working.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2017
bumi10:
This is important

Tonye, you raised valid and salient points that begs for answers.

I have been asking myself this same question.

How can someone bring luggage into an airport and couldn't account for the money and then before EFCC operatives arrived, he evades the whole security in the airport and flew into the thin air? I mean he also evaded the cctv cameras in the airport abi? Cus no picture has been put out as "wanted".
Thats to tell you that the whole story get K-leg.

I might not have been born long ago but definitely, I was not born yesterday.

I love your write and with your permission, I would like to re-post it on my blog? - exlinklodge.com
Sure Sis Bunmi....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police by AceRoyal: 2:35pm On Apr 16, 2017
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah, Bandits Were Not Offered N100billion – Presidency / Ibas Hands Over To Gambo As Chief Of Naval Staff (Photos) / Zamfara Market Fire: APC Governors Donate N50m, 6 PDP Governors Donate N100M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.