Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More (73882 Views)

Doctors, Nurses Around The World Unite In Begging People To Stay At Home (Pics) / Nigeria Medical Association Explains Why Doctors Are Leaving The Country / Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by michaelo2(m): 3:34pm On Apr 16, 2017
Have you ever wondered why doctors love giving injections in that one part of the body ( buttocks ) more than others, i mean its not like the buttocks is a different body on its own, so why? Here are 6 reasons why:

1. It's the thickest part of everyone's body. Good place to hit fat.

2. Some vaccines are fat soluble, so you get them in the butt, and some need to go into muscle tissue, so you get them in the arm.

3. The area they inject is relatively free of any major nerves or big blood vessels. Just safer.

4. Because some shots absorb better in fatty tissue (butt/abdomen) than muscle (deltoid). it's not the doctor's choice, it's science.

5. Because it is the less painful spot

6. There are a few muscles where you can give injections. However, there are limits on each site.
You can't inject much volume into someone's arm, but the large muscle bulk of the gluteus (ass muscle) group means you can put in large amounts without much of an issue. You can put a decent amount into someone's thigh. But it's often more hassle (you have to get them to pull down trousers even further down) and there are more structures (nerves, vessels) close to the muscle that you need to avoid.

http://www.healththismoment.com/2017/04/6-reasons-doctors-inject-the-buttocks-more.html?m=1

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by wordbank(m): 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
English language please

9 Likes

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by michaelo2(m): 8:50pm On Apr 16, 2017
wordbank:
English language please
is this yoruba

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Kingjags: 11:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
How do u expect lalasticlala to push this to fp when the bro sef no understand this grammar?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Twinmama(f): 11:09pm On Apr 16, 2017
Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by naijacentric(m): 1:34am On Apr 17, 2017
Realkenny:
That MOD that banned me will be barred from entering heaven angry
bros u dey para o lol

29 Likes

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by michaelo2(m): 7:05am On Apr 17, 2017
see you, who you epp
Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Ehiscotch(m): 7:14am On Apr 17, 2017
All those female doctors go dey see person nyansh when them wan inject me.

1 Like

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Idydarling(f): 7:25am On Apr 17, 2017
Realkenny:
what happened my brother ?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Zaitoon: 7:50am On Apr 17, 2017
I don't really like taking injection on my bum bum like that.
I prefer my laps because I can watch as I'm being injected and seems less painful for me really smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Goldenheart(m): 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
I can't remember the last time I got needled..... wink But I am Gonna get it on my butt anytime. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
who no like better thing?
Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
All the post hitting fp since day break are very funny

Mynd44 sef grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
Enlightening

1 Like

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Ronaldinnioh(m): 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
The reasonis because Intramuscular injectionhas a faster route of absorption by the blood stream and also oily injections are better given intramuscularly.

3 Likes

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by TINALETC3(f): 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
cry hey God, apart from d fact dat I ws born in d hospital, I hv neva visited hospital again, nt even 4 checkups cry

2 Likes

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by VickyRotex(f): 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
Now, that I see this. I realise sey e don tey wey I collect injection.

Chaiii Nurse "Shookura", you do me strong thing cry cry cry Those kind injection wey be sey na immediately your eyes go dey turn, you fit fall for ground sef. E no go pain you immediately, na after 1 week, that part go strong like rock. To sit down na wahala, to sleep na war. One will now be walking with side. Chaiiii cry cry But I preferred injection over pills.

Lord I'm grateful! kiss kiss

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Goldenheart(m): 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
Realkenny:

Them don hit u too.... cool

6 Likes

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by babapressy(m): 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
OK oooo
Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
True
Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by smartty68(m): 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
Because the buttocks get plenty flesh grin

1 Like

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Goldenheart(m): 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
VickyRotex:
Chaiiii God thank you ooo.

Thank God For what?
Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Tenim47(m): 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
Realkenny:

he-diot grin
Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Politicalidiot: 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
You made mention of y they give it in the buttocks then you gave us the picture example

but u didn't say why dey forget in d buttocks.... like d second picture. cheesy.

best kids and wedding glamour inspirations - http://needleplus.com cheesy
Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by burkingx(f): 1:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
cheesy
Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by VickyRotex(f): 1:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
Realkenny:

Ahhhh Epe re o! shocked
Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
The buttock is soft too cheesy.
Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by jashar(f): 1:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
... and it made FP...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More by whitering: 1:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
If I hear bum bum. My lap always jare.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My 10-Year-Old Daughter Is No Longer A Virgin / 17 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 305, 7 Deaths, 58 Discharged / "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.