Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Is It Ideal For Fiance And Fiancee To Save Together In Preparation For Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ideal For Fiance And Fiancee To Save Together In Preparation For Wedding (1017 Views)

My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? / My Uncle Takes His Daughter For Virginity Tests Annually --- Is It Ideal? / Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ideal For Fiance And Fiancee To Save Together In Preparation For Wedding by flipflop(f): 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
Good day all, this question has been on mind for a while. "should intending couples who are getting set to marry each other pool their resources i. e money together in order to meet the expenses for the wedding and marriage" Note that the ratio of contribution is such that the man contributes more e. g 60:40 - man:woman
Matured madams and sirs, pls what is your take on this? Thanks
Re: Is It Ideal For Fiance And Fiancee To Save Together In Preparation For Wedding by dingbang(m): 5:40pm On Apr 16, 2017
Its advisable

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal For Fiance And Fiancee To Save Together In Preparation For Wedding by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 16, 2017
I don't get the question here?
Is one person supposed to die of expenses because he/she is getting married to the other?

They should pull resources together, that's COMMON SENSE 101.

'but, don't give your man money for your own bride price. That's if you're from one of those 'obtaining' cultures. Instead beat it down to what he can afford.
^^^my opinion.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal For Fiance And Fiancee To Save Together In Preparation For Wedding by ifyalways(f): 7:31pm On Apr 16, 2017
Save together in same account? Unless it's a joint account and both partners are signatory.

With the kind yahoooze proposals everywhere, only a fool will go save money in another's account all just to answer Mrs or Mr.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal For Fiance And Fiancee To Save Together In Preparation For Wedding by Blissquare(f): 9:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
It's usually a trick by d man. The suggestion always comes from certain kind of men. If the family is involved in d wedding, it is always a scam by d man. If the family is not involved, then it is allowed. For instance, if d couple wild be d ones to pay for the venue, musician, invitation...etc then they hav to save together. Saving together for ring or clothes or bride price or cake is a strategy for men to share their responsibility. U wild end up saving together for rent and sch fees. I suggest each partner to pick what aspect they want to handle according to each' budget.
Re: Is It Ideal For Fiance And Fiancee To Save Together In Preparation For Wedding by Sleekyshuga(f): 12:38am On Apr 17, 2017
PaperLace:
I don't get the question here?
Is one person supposed to die of expenses because he/she is getting married to the other?

They should pull resources together, that's COMMON SENSE 101.

'but, don't give your man money for your own bride price. That's if you're from one of those 'obtaining' cultures. Instead beat it down to what he can afford.
^^^my opinion.
Women dey give men money for brideprice or you just wanted to be funny?

A man that cannot afford brideprice (that's the cheapest), na wedding him wan do undecided?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal For Fiance And Fiancee To Save Together In Preparation For Wedding by I888(m): 1:28am On Apr 17, 2017
Sleekyshuga:

A man that cannot afford brideprice (that's the cheapest), na wedding him wan do undecided?
ever heard of desperado? U never jam.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal For Fiance And Fiancee To Save Together In Preparation For Wedding by Acidosis(m): 6:37am On Apr 17, 2017
Who raised the idea?
Re: Is It Ideal For Fiance And Fiancee To Save Together In Preparation For Wedding by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 17, 2017
Sleekyshuga:

Babe which can question be this na? cheesy
It happens steady o

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal For Fiance And Fiancee To Save Together In Preparation For Wedding by Sleekyshuga(f): 11:22am On Apr 17, 2017
PaperLace:

Babe which can question be this na? cheesy
It happens steady o
I was serious. I know women sponsor weddings, even go as far as giving the man the money to play the role of bringing it out from his pocket all because of desperation (maybe, age catching up with her/them) but paying HER own brideprice (wey no be India we dey) sounded funny..

Issokay!!
Re: Is It Ideal For Fiance And Fiancee To Save Together In Preparation For Wedding by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 17, 2017
instead of that why don't you take on different expenses.

Like shared expenses.

You pay for the cake, cathering, your dress, while he pays for the hall, decor, drinks etc etc.

Besides, if you're going to be a couple, you both should have sort out financial responsibilities. So what applies for couple A might not apply to Couple B.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Driver / Please How Do You Cope When Down / Racism: Oyinbo Kid Attacks A Nigerian Girl At A Playground, Her Dad Fights Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.