Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / . (910 Views)

09 Corolla Noisy Cold Start / Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? / DIY: Replacement Of Downstream (bank 1 Sensor 2) O2 Sensor On 03-07 Accord 4cyl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Showie84(m): 8:22pm On Apr 17, 2017
Re: . by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
You have a leaky fuel line.. Your fuel lines like the injectors, fuel rails should be checked
Re: . by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2017
Showie84:
I have a particular and vexing issue with my Honda Accord 2007 model. This issue started early this year. It goes like this, if the car is parked and not driven for a distance of like 10km in 2 days, the car engine only shudders and shakes when you try to start it. Once the engine is no longer cold after being driven for like 20mins/10 km, then it's fine as long as you drive it everyday. But once it's parked on a Friday and I don't usually use it over the weekend, starting it on Monday is a war, the main issue is the plugs get wet(fuel)and the mechanic either has to change the plugs or heat the wet plugs. I learnt the hard way because I kept changing plugs, av checked the nozzle and all other component seem to be in good shape. I would like to know if there is a particular reason why the plugs keep getting wet when the car is parked. I have patronised a couple of 'rewire' technicians and the issue still persists. I have also changed the cold start sensor..it still persist. If anyone can share ideas on how I can resolve the issue, I will be most grateful. My voice call/ WhatsApp digits:08035540649. Thank you and may God bless you

this is an interesting case. Have you scanned?
Re: . by Showie84(m): 8:41pm On Apr 17, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

this is an interesting case. Have you scanned?
Yeah..the code translation is 'fuel rich mixture'
Re: . by mayor2013: 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2017
Showie84:

Hmmmm. What is the code I.e p××× any black suit from your exhaust tail pipe? Do all plugs become wet or just a certain number. Is yours an i4 or v6
Re: . by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:14pm On Apr 17, 2017
Showie84:

rich mixture.... too much fuel in fuel-air ratio.

Leaking fuel injectors (rare case)

Too much fuel pressure at injectors caused by blocking the fuel pressure regulator (kazeemization)

Faulty engine ecu

Faulty wiring.

1 Like

Re: . by honmusa(m): 7:30am On Apr 18, 2017
Showie84:
I have a particular and vexing issue with my Honda Accord 2007 model. This issue started early this year. It goes like this, if the car is parked and not driven for a distance of like 10km in 2 days, the car engine only shudders and shakes when you try to start it. Once the engine is no longer cold after being driven for like 20mins/10 km, then it's fine as long as you drive it everyday. But once it's parked on a Friday and I don't usually use it over the weekend, starting it on Monday is a war, the main issue is the plugs get wet(fuel)and the mechanic either has to change the plugs or heat the wet plugs. I learnt the hard way because I kept changing plugs, av checked the nozzle and all other component seem to be in good shape. I would like to know if there is a particular reason why the plugs keep getting wet when the car is parked. I have patronised a couple of 'rewire' technicians and the issue still persists. I have also changed the cold start sensor..it still persist. If anyone can share ideas on how I can resolve the issue, I will be most grateful. My voice call/ WhatsApp digits:08035540649. Thank you and may God bless you
Look for a workshop that has fuel pressure diagnostics testing kit .
This diagnostics test will confirm your existing fuel pressure and which can be compare with your car specified factory specified psi and deduction can be made if you a have a faulty fuel pressure regulator which can be responsible for rich mixture and.Also the test will check and compare each of individual injectors for leak .
If you are Lagos ,contact autologic @ 08061166316 for this diagnosis test.
Re: . by Showie84(m): 11:06am On Apr 18, 2017
mayor2013:

Hmmmm. What is the code I.e p××× any black suit from your exhaust tail pipe? Do all plugs become wet or just a certain number. Is yours an i4 or v6
It's a 4 cylinder engine, all the plugs get wet. The funny thing is once the engine starts, it runs smoothly, steam even comes out of the exhaust pipe. I guess the solution might be to take it to somewhere like automedics
Re: . by jum33: 11:37am On Apr 18, 2017
Automedics sucks ,bunch of overprice kazeems ,by the time then finish with u Na to sell the car to pay their bill.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 18, 2017
jum33:
Automedics sucks ,bunch of overprice kazeems ,by the time then finish with u Na to sell the car to pay their bill.

L'enu e, abi??
Re: . by jum33: 12:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
Hayjaycity:

L'enu e, abi??
Automedics kazeeems ,stop deceiving people with grammer that doesn't solve any problems !!!we know your secrets !!!
Re: . by Showie84(m): 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
jum33:
While I agree with you somewhat, I think it's mainly due to economic realities that we patronise all these roadside 'kabiru' mechs. Most of em do trial and error. I squandered over 30 grand on a couple of 'rewire' fixing what didn't need to be fixed.
Re: . by sultaan(m): 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
What if the wires of the ignition system has been crossed and you have multiple misfire

(1) (Reply)

Meet The All New Bmw Brick Series (awesome Pic) / Advise On Car To Purchase / I Pay Ngn 416.57 Per Hour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.