Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:03 AM

Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State (2087 Views)

Unveiling Atiku Abubakar's 26 Children / Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria / Mrs. Bolanle Patience Ambode: Unveiling Soon To Be Lagos State First Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by blacksta(m): 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2010
It is no news Babatunde R. Fashola [BRF] has good publicity and commendations. The publicity however may not be reflective of work performance. This is judging from a report submitted by a citizen reporter to Ukpakareports.com.

The report reads,
He has managed to manipulate the media and hoodwinked the unsuspecting public to his advantage and gone to sleep. Lagos State has become a big bazaar where public funds are wantonly shared among cronies. Monies are kept in different individual accounts for BRF. At the time he rose to the level of chief of staff, he lived in a rented decrepit apartment in Surulere with the television in his sitting room placed on a box.

He needs to provide answers to these questions.
· Why did BRF award a contract of N289 million to a woman, the wife of the sacked pastor of RCCG, Gbagada, Lagos to decorate Lagos street for Christmas?

· Was Lagos State streets really decorated? The answer is an emphatic no, so how many streets were effectively, properly and professionally decorated?

· What is the essence of awarding such a huge contract for mere decoration, when there numerous important areas in the Lagos State that need urgent attention.

· Now what are the impact of the haphazard decoration on the political economy of Lagos State and the lives of Lagosians?

· Can't private organizations be mobilized to do such decorations properly as part of the social responsibility concept?

· Let BRF tell Lagosians how many projects, he conceptualized, initiated and executed on his own, which are not carry over plans, ideas, projects and concept from the last administration in Lagos State?

· Who is Tunji Olowolafe?
· What is the relationship between BRF and Tunji Olowolafe?

· Why is it that it is only Tunji Olowolafe that is handling all the contracts in Lagos State, in all ministries and parastatals, including road construction and what have you?

· Why is it that whenever Olowolafe is awarded any mega contract, he is always paid 70 per cent up front?

· Earlier on in the year, BRF out of the country in one of his numerous foreign trips could not convene the Lagos State Exco meeting which usually holds on Monday. But when BRF came the following day which was a Tuesday, he hurriedly called an exco for Wednesday, and the meeting lasted only three hours where eight mega contracts were awarded to Olowolafe alone. At least the exco minutes do not lie.

· Is it not important that the EFCC should investigate this fellow called Olowolafe?

· It is also on record that BRF is the most travelled governor in the country, in fact, he has surpassed Saminu Turaki the former governor of Jigawa State, at the slightest prompting he jets off to a foreign country, to do what? Only God knows.

· Only last week, BRF was telling some people how he saw snow for the first time in his life recently, can your imagine that? The governor of Lagos State!

· BRF does not just travel, he travels and spends at least a minimum of two weeks and for all his trips he collects estacode, what a governor!

· Yet, Lagos State needs serious and urgent attention for rapid growth and development.

· For example, if you go to Agiliti in Ketu Mile 12, the community is so backward and underdeveloped to the extent that it is difficult to believe that, it is part of Lagos State. Yet there over 10 such communities in Lagos, but BRF does not even know the communities and the attendant problems associated with them because of his incessant foreign travels.

· BRF has carried on a one-man show always neglecting, by-passing and snubbing the Lagos State House of Assembly.

· All his 100 days celebrations are nothing but exercises in panegyrics and unnecessary showmanship.

· Is Lagos State under a communist government? So why is BRF and Eko o ni baje on all government projects, buildings, items and what have you? Is this not an exercise in sycophancy?

· Lagos State needs more than mere grandstanding. It is hoped that his so-called Brighter Rewarding Future will not at the end of the day be a Bleak Regrettable Future.

This is just part one of a series of posers for BRF, an indigene of Ekiti State turned Lagosian.

http://www.modernghana.com/newsp/256868/1/pagenum1/unveiling-the-real-fashola-governor-of-lagos-state.html#continue
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by blacksta(m): 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2010
Some serious allegations here or could fashola be  a wolf in sheep's clothing. Some could argue he spends 75% on projects and pockets the remaining 25%
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by otokx(m): 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2010
So you mean this is also the manipulation of media; wonderful.
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by violent(m): 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2010
***loud hiss****

Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by Nicesoul(m): 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2010
Hiss out
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by nacom2(f): 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2010
@ violent

Your image took the words right out of my mouth !

Haba haters will always hate, grin

Blacksta , How much did they pay you for this . LOL ! Hiss out lout ***********
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by Yorubaman2: 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2010
Is it not everytime we should have nEws that favours BRF
the above matter should investigated
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by MCLOVIN: 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2010
fashola = facsit
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by naijatoday: 4:32pm On Jan 02, 2010
I thought the Christmas decorations were sponsored by institutions in Nigeria? Just asking
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by edoyad(m): 4:33pm On Jan 02, 2010
When we're talking of allegations concerning governors dishing out dodgy half a billion dollar contracts you're coming to tell me of 1.6 million dollar contract to put christmas decoration on the streets of Lagos. $1.6 million cannot decorate some houses in Lagos if you don't know.
That being said the source of your story is even funny but i expect Fashola to respond to this st show that he believes in the tenets of democracy of which answering to critics is one.
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by violent(m): 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2010
Yoruba-man:

Is it not everytime we should have nEws that favours BRF
the above matter should investigated

Nigerians have a funny witch hunt appetite for few leaders that take steps in the right direction, i dont see any credible matter being raised here

Who gives a flying donkey's arse about his relationship with Tunji Olowolafe? last time i checked  having relationship with people is still a legal thing to do
They even raised an issue cos the chap said he's seeing snow, for the first time,  is that even a wrong thing at all?

and fck. . . . to even think writing "eko o ni baje" on some projects is considered a crime by some low profiled F.aggots?

why cant people just find something to do with their time rather than piss everyone off with threads that screams "I hate Fashola cos he is a high achiever". . . . seun needs to implement flogging as a disciplinary measure angry angry angry
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by babapupa: 4:59pm On Jan 02, 2010
Utter rubbish. na Globacom, Skye Bank and FCMB paid for the decoration and na the Commissioner for Environment, Mr. Muiz Banire approved and awarded the contract to seven contractors, not single contractor as sighted in the garbage nonsense up there.

Awon disgruntled elements oshi buruku.

Eko o ni baje loju awon olote lai lai,
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by violent(m): 5:11pm On Jan 02, 2010
babapupa:

Awon disgruntled elements oshi buruku.

Eko o ni baje loju awon olote lai lai,

O baje ti
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by Yorubaman2: 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2010
On the wAy to ba je.  Everybody get skeleton for cupboard
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2010
@OP, you have just lost any respect you have.

Fine, if you have to criticise, but make it intelligent enough.

For what you have there, you deserve nothing but a raised middle finger.

Egbe oshi, btw, we've been expecting these type of stories since early December.
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by Afam(m): 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2010
Fashola is doing well and I doubt if such allegations (from irrelevant to ridiculous) would change the perception and appreciation people have for him.

No one is perfect and I am sure Fashola never claimed he was. When serious issues come then people will take notice.

So, it is now a crime for governors to continue with or complete projects started by predecessors? This is far better than the typical practice of abandoning on-going projects in favor of new ones while wasting money in the process.
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by Lagosboy: 6:11pm On Jan 02, 2010
In as much as the write up appear to be written by a secondary school student because of its amteurish presentation, I would like the good people of NL not to think Fashola is a saint. Lets be resonable otherwise we would get the real shock of our lives when the media battla between Tinubu and Fashola begins.

Yes Fashola has done some wonderful things and surpasses his other governors in perfomance but that should not becloud our thinking and sense of judgement. The allegationn of this contractor should be investigated and we should be told if the contracts were publicy tendered before award. There are several dirty deals going in Lagos state and none of use should be naive in thinking our Dear Fashola is free of corruption.
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by blacksta(m): 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2010
Please be advised I did not write article I only posted an article I came across to create a balanced disscussion in relation to BRF
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by slimshay(m): 7:13pm On Jan 02, 2010
Finally moronity becomes flesh.

First he is the most traveled governor and has even been to mars, then he is not fit to become governor because he is seeing snow for the first time in his life.

Then it becomes a crime for him to actually continue a project he met on ground and not leave abandoned projects all over lagos. Really which kain stupid governor we get for Lagos sef?!!

original poster and original writer you can actually spend ur inveestigative time better by please helping us to discocver the whereabout of our president. ehn, se gbo?!
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by onyengbu1(m): 7:37pm On Jan 02, 2010
One thing i have learnt from this post is that nigerians like witch hunting succesful leaders.
Again some fashola lovers here who always jump unto soludo issues with hate should also use this to know how it feels like condemning someone like soludo because of unfounded claims such as this one.
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by Panasific(m): 8:25pm On Nov 14, 2010
He said "Only last week, BRF was telling some people how he saw snow for the first time in his life recently, can your imagine that? The governor of Lagos State!"

Yes he said, fashola travels all the time. A man who travels all the time, how come he has not seen snow before? So who is lying here? the writer or fashola? might be the writer I guess,

thanks,
Panasific Ltd
www.panasific.com
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by bkbabe97y(m): 8:28pm On Nov 14, 2010
Panasific:

He said "Only last week, BRF was telling some people how he saw snow for the first time in his life recently, can your imagine that? The governor of Lagos State!"

Yes he said, fashola travels all the time. A man who travels all the time, how come he has not seen snow before? So who is lying here? the writer or fashola? might be the writer I guess,

Man u guys are straight up monkeys! Do u know theres people here that have lived all they lives in the United States and have never seen snow before?!
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by aljharem(m): 8:31pm On Nov 14, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Man u guys are straight up monkeys! Do u know theres people here that have lived all they lives in the United States and have never seen snow before?!

tell him ooooo
Re: Unveiling The Real Fashola, Governor Of Lagos State by Panasific(m): 7:16am On Nov 15, 2010
My final opinion? the writer have no grounds to call the Governor a cheat. let the law do it. Since i have been born, there have been very few "doing leaders" in this country. No matter the bad name they get, they have made changes in their own little ways. here are my little list:

Chief Obafemi Awolowo,
Late Ambruce Ali,
ex-Governor Marwa,
ex-Governor Donald Duke,
Now, Governor Fashola.

See, it takes discipline and guts to make a change, no matter how small. Let other leaders make some changes no matter how small. People like Alao Akala. Oga make some changes. if they continue to make some changes no matter now small, you all will be amazed how far developed we would have gone. I rest my case here. so let the writer channell their energy to leaders who dont do at all. once that is done, we will support your cause.

(1) (Reply)

Being A Nigerian President: How Much Would You Loot? / Customs Shoot Innocent Man At Ajilete In Ogun State. / Truth About Warri: Prof Ekeh And Prof Obiomah's Errors And Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.