Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber (28930 Views)

Timilehin Taiwo: Teen Stabs Babatunde Ishola To Death "To Escape Rape Attempt" / Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) / Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by Sanchez01: 11:49am On Apr 18, 2017
The Story is incomplete...
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by dominique(f): 11:50am On Apr 18, 2017
I think I've read this exact story on this forum before undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by supereagle(m): 11:51am On Apr 18, 2017
I have read the story several times. That's not the complete pictures I have a newspaper where the story was culled out from.
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by fuke(m): 11:52am On Apr 18, 2017
prahcetomi:
Two army trucks and a black van conveyed them to the firing spot. Oyenusi was in the black van. In seconds, three soldiers flew out of the army trucks and proceeded to the black van inside which was Nigeria’s most dreaded armed robber. The soldiers came to a screeching halt and stood at attention by the van. All of a sudden, one of them let out a shrill command! The door was flung open and slowly, Oyenusi appeared from within the darkness of the Black Maria. As if the heavens were in concert, dark clouds had formed over the Bar Beach. He was cloaked in a dark long-sleeved shirt and his hands were tied behind his back. He spotted a pair of dark loafers and his trousers were wrinkled. Sweating profusely, he kept throwing fast glances around as if he was looking for someone as he surveyed the crowd who had thronged the beach to simply see him die.

As the soldiers grabbed and tied him to the pole, he was still scanning through the crowd. One of the giggling spectators in the crowd whispered to the next ‘Who is he looking for?‘. Smartly, seven soldiers formed a lethal line in front of Oyenusi. A soldier let out a fierce command to the sharpshooters. All of them took aim at Oyenusi. The next voice reverberated all over Nigeria:

‘Fire!’

Like an electrocuted being, his body shook vigorously as he slumped and went limp around the pole that held his remains.

For a man who said bullets had no power to penetrate his skin, he slumped in seconds, surrendering to the high-velocity missiles directed at his mortal vessel. His fragile human body could not withstand the pitiless hail of gunfire, amplified by the metallic drums behind them. Some of the robbers refused the final blessings from the priest while some of them look clearly frightened as the soldiers aimed at them. The basic human instinct of survival betrayed their emotions. Some others shouted their protests and defiance to the last as live cameras of the journalists sent the gory details to those at home watching the spectacle on their black-white television sets.

However, Oyenusi, who confessed that he joined the armed robbery business in 1959, was not to die alone. He was to end his journey on earth with six of his other gang members whom he had led to their last robbery at the WAHUM factory at Ikeja, Lagos on the 27th March, 1971. These included:

-Joel Amamieye

-Ambrose Nwokobia

-Stephen Ndubuokwu

-Philip Ogbolumain

-Joseph Osamedike

-Ademola Adegbitan

Amamlaye was a former Personnel Manager at WAHUM where they robbed while Nwokobia was the gateman at the same place. During the robbery, they killed a police constable named Mr. Nwi. An eighth man, Isaac Ekwunife was also executed for robbing a man of a car in Surulere, Lagos in early 1971.

By the time the guns stopped vomitting the bullets, Oyenusi and his cohorts were dead bringing to a total of 70 armed robbers executed after the Nigerian Civil War ended in 1970. As hinted earlier, death by firing squad was the order of the day as at that time. Following Oyenusi’s execution, the Information Officer stationed at the Nigerian Embassy in Washington DC, Femi Davis was interviewed on the matter. He said:

It is the law to shoot persons convicted of armed robbery, that is the robbery with armed violence. The law was passed last year by the Federal Government because we wanted to make it tough for criminals who began preying upon villages and people on the highway looking for easy money.

Oyenusi, the man also known as ‘Dr. Rob-and-Kill’ and his gang met their brutal end at the hands of a 14-man firing squad on the serene Victoria Island of Lagos. According to one of his defence lawyers who visited him while in jail, Oyenusi was imprisoned for the first time when he was 21. He then escaped and was imprisoned again. He escaped AGAIN and was imprisoned AGAIN. He escaped about eight times and then he decided to become an armed robber and that gave him the cloak of invincibility for some time. According to Ebenezer Babatope, former Minister of Transport in his book, The Struggle for Power in Nigeria, Oyenusi told journalists minutes before his death that he would never have become an armed robber if his parents were rich enough to sustain him in the secondary school. He also confessed to taking part in ten major robberies and murders over a period of six years (Africa Research Bulletin, Blackwell, 1971).

Nigerians now travel with fear (some families have even banned night travels) and move with trepidation while the security forces are either too demoralized, outnumbered (which serious nation of 170 million on earth will be policed by 370,000 police officers, does that make any ‘zenze’? Russia with about 143 million people has almost one million police officers equipped with armed helicopters, A-91 rifles, Makarov and Grach pistols, armoured vehicles, police buses, carbines, vans, all-terrain vehicles (where are those ALGON police jeeps Obasanjo bought?)) or under-armed to launch any reasonable counterattack or simply join ranks with the lawbreakers. Hopefully, a time will come when Nigeria will be rid of this vermin called armed robbery (and yeah, pen robbery too).

No, he didn't slump in seconds.
It took 98 bullets to finish him.

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by Alariwo2: 11:54am On Apr 18, 2017
coolsegun2002:

Nice one...

the original tribal bigot yiibos are coming for u...brace yourself

Lol..

They know their Lord from SW zone. I go chop them like nkwobi

They wouldn't dare.. trust me
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by ollah2: 11:56am On Apr 18, 2017
supereagle:
I have read the story several times. That's not the complete pictures I have a newspaper where the story was culled out from.

Kindly upload the paper.
@fuke, do you have any proof?
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by praisekeyzz(m): 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
click like if you promise to train up your child in the way of the Lord never to depart from it and end up this way.

2 Likes

Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by aisammy4: 12:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
Yeh, I could remember as a kid my parents discussed public execution. Whenever there was an execution people discuss it for days. They talk about how relieved and happy it was to see criminal go down.

Today, crime is on the increase. These days pen crime have superseded that of armed rubbery. Just one person can steal billions of Nigeria and nothing will happen. May God help us
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by toseen7: 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2017
dominique:
I think I've read this exact story on this forum before undecided
You gon' read it again next year..... Annual things undecided

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by fayded(m): 12:15pm On Apr 18, 2017
OkoYiboz:

I'll personally handle all of them. I am Oko Yiboz
just look at u,ur mates are handling money,handling whistle,handling even Instagram.
buh see what you want to handle..jobless man
May God have mercy on your soul..Amen

3 Likes

Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by nNEOo(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
Drienzia:
How time flies, this dude was the talk of town then..

You heard about him in person?
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
The difference between dude and looters is same as that between 6 & half a dozen!

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by coolsegun2002: 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2017
ollah2:

Kindly upload the paper.
@fuke, do you have any proof?

Some of us have parents who knew and saw oyenusi in action.... the guy's jazz is out of this world. That report up their ddnt represent his execution well. It took more than just a few bullets to finish that son of a gun
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by Bowwow11(m): 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2017
this story is long o
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 18, 2017
Alariwo2:

Lol..

They know their Lord from SW zone. I go chop them like nkwobi

They wouldn't dare.. trust me
who get ur time??ur mates are busy doing something productive with their lives and ur here on nairaland looking for e-war to fight.Jobless man.Tufia!!!
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2017
fayded:

just look at u,ur mates are handling money,handling whistle,handling even Instagram.
buh see what you want to handle..jobless man
May God have mercy on your soul..Amen

Look at this small boy, ordinary fresher in one backwood mediocre institution. You think you're talking to your father's elder brother selling indomie and tea acoss the road?

2 Likes

Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2017
This story is very sweet.
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by igbalodehunter(m): 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
Lawrence Anini,Monday Osunbor,Babatunde Ishola,Dr.Ishola Oyenusi I Hail Thee!
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by Jideloye(m): 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
[b][/b]otie da beyen.................................
lobatan.................
see as him face look like pesin wey just finish 12 fufu ........ grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by Nigeriadondie: 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
Afonja make una comment now. If to say na "Igbo" we for never hear word. Check the name well well.
I hail Afonjas

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by dokJ: 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
I don't know y I so much love dis type of story...... I so much enjoyed dat of deriko nwa mama, Antonio, etc. one sure truth is dat armed robbers always meet Dia end after a short reign.
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by blackstreak: 2:33pm On Apr 18, 2017
grin wait he smiled as he was being executed?

Reminds of someone

That's a man with no regrets or fear of death.
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by YonkijiSappo: 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2017
thenny312:
grin grin tis well o
The yorubah movie oyenusi actually depicts his life
Thank God he's gone

Wetin be Yorubah?

1 Like

Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by fayded(m): 2:44pm On Apr 18, 2017
OkoYiboz:

Look at this small boy, ordinary fresher in one backwood mediocre institution. You think you're talking to your father's elder brother selling indomie and tea acoss the road?

so..u want to handle me instead...??
uncle,goan make money...and stop exchanging words with ur grandkids online.
btw..I'm not a fresher..pure pc2 student..go check out d meaning of pc2 first,before quoting me...and my school isn't mediocre,its actually top 5 in your country..
and don't bother quoting me again,I'm not as jobless as you

Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by factwriter(m): 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
fuke:

No, he didn't slump in seconds.
It took 98 bullets to finish him.

Considering the number of officers who shot at him, and the amount of rounds these gun fire in seconds, he could have even taken more than 98 bullets in the first few seconds.

Fact remains that he (MR Invincible) went down in seconds

Wonder why people like to glorify all this so called "juju bullet proof".
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by factwriter(m): 3:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
coolsegun2002:

Some of us have parents who knew and saw oyenusi in action.... the guy's jazz is out of this world. That report up their ddnt represent his execution well. It took more than just a few bullets to finish that son of a gun

Fallacy.

There was nothing grand about his execution. he went down in seconds.
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by clickplust: 3:23pm On Apr 18, 2017
Hurry While stock last!!!

Contact Green warehouse for your

All in one solar street light

08038131300 / 07083166602

www.greenwarehouseltd.com

Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by ipobarecriminals: 3:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
sad "kini n fi ole se laye ti mo wa, kini n fi ole se laye ti mo wa.kaka ki jale ma kuku seru, kini n fi ole se laye ti mo wa"
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by LastProphet: 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2017
if u kill u will always be caught
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by Dacronym(m): 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2017
This has been on Front page a number of times
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by mottykings(f): 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
i was told he was truly a medical doctor,fetish with very strong juju and people fear him during his time before he was arrested. the film oyenusi by odunlade adekola was d real story just little touch was added
Re: The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2017
Rectangular headed afonja Obasanjo Son Tinubu inlaw

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Steal Women’s Underwear For Sexual Pleasure – Suspect / Family Of Policeman Killed In Zenith Bank Robbery Gets N8Milion At An Event.PICS / Kwara State University Student Was Beaten For Slapping A Guy - Eyewitnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.