Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! (19777 Views)

Woman Video Flogging Her Husband Like A Baby, What Could Be Wrong (VIDEO) / SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. / Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew Of Ship In The Thames Estuary. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by starlite1: 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ramanto:
I'm living in the far North. i don't even know Lagos. No clues at all. as advised, i'l try and contact some his family numbers.

If you know the transport company he used for the journey, you can contact them to check their travelers log book.

They can help you with the contact phone number he supplied and his destination.

1 Like

Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by tessiko: 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2017
1. What is his name state language etc
2. Ireport to police yourself and follow it up if you have the cash (cos police and money are friends)
3. Please inform the few family members asap.
4 browse through his facebook friends to see if u could trace his friend atleast know his name and picture atleast your friend could have shown you his pic.
5. Since he has graduated from unijos his dept could also help to provide necessary info.
6. May God help him and keep him safe

******ADVICE*******
pls my pple a lot of evil is happening these days always give your love ones and family members necessary details and information where ever you are going including your friends their names and address it will surely help.

Remember the cab man that was killed atleast his corpse was found because he gave detailed info before embarking on the journey.

Thanks
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by ghost3040: 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
I DUFF MY HAT FOR UR ENGLISH...LEGENDARY!!!!!
splash809:

A boy go to ATM and didn't return
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by Cityguy: 2:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
kimbra:
I hope he has not used your friend for ritual?. The story he gave isn't adding up.

Since he's an orphan he should have Uncles or relatives you could reach and submit your findings. That his friend is up to no good and should be arrested.
Honestly, I fear you might be right. That guy in Lag is suspect in his behavior. Lesson here is people change. Someone you've not seen for even a year could have changed and it would be an error to assume people are always good, esp in this Nigeria where most young people want to 'blow' without sweat! I pray he is found in one piece.
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
Cityguy:

Honestly, I fear you might be right. That guy in Lag is suspect in his behavior. Lesson here is people change. Someone you've not seen for even a year could have changed and it would be an error to assume people are always good, esp in this Nigeria where most young people want to 'blow' without sweat! I pray he is found in one piece.
Exactly!. It's actually very easy to get the guy, that's if the missing person's guardian takes the case seriously.
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by megareal: 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2017
Everyone has given you good advice. Now, it's for you to pursue this to a conclusion. Even if it means going down to Lagos, please do so. You owe your friend this.

I don't hold much hope though, I suspect the guy might have had him killed. I pray it shouldn't be so.
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by Zealoy(m): 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2017
My friend and course mate that disappeared leaving his fone behind since d last 3yrs has not been found up until now, though we now believe he's dead, so u really need to act fast by contacting d popo
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by Ramanto(m): 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
I thank you all for your helpful contributions. I'v engaged more competent hands.
I kept trying his line as advised here, and finally i was able to get through. After the normal greetings, i asked if there was any hints of his whereabouts yet.. The man exclaimed like a trapped lion. He said he was at his bank this morning to check his balance, and he discovered that my friend withdrew 100k against the original 80k that he asked him to withdraw. And that technically means my friend absconded with his money and atm card.. I asked if he received the debit alerts over the weekend, he said he doesn't get alerts from his bank.
That aside, i enquired about the police stations he reported to, but he got furious, and said my questions give him headache. After my conversation with him, i called a relative of that my friend and explained everything to hm. That relative inturn, dialed my friend's numbr and the guy pickd the call and narrated the same story to him except tha this time arnd..
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by Ramanto(m): 3:56pm On Apr 18, 2017
he told that relative that the money my friend withdrew was 150k against the 100k he told me initially.
I'm confused about some things here:
first, my friend left jos for lagos with the intention of getting a job. He went there with his diploma certificate and other properties including his other credentials, and all these are at the guy's place. Will any sane person trade his credentials for 100 or 150k? He left home without extra clothes, and he doesn't know anybody at Lagos.
secondly, he denied knowing my friend from jos. according to him, somebody brought my friend to him for help. He even said my friend looked decent to him and that was why he trusted him.. i asked him to consider the possiblities that my friend was robbed or something bad happened to him, but he dismissed the chances.
in order to be objective, i'm tying to force my mind to consider the fact that my friend absconded, but i'm finding it too difficult to believe. Anyway it is, the truth will come to light, he must be found guilty or not.
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by biodun83L(m): 4:34pm On Apr 18, 2017
Felaak47:
He will soon be back, the queue is much at the ATM.
you must be an animal with dis kind of serious matter so wat culd b out of ur mouth is dis i pray u neva fall a victim stupid idiot
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by tessiko: 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
Seriously something is fishing here. Who knows how many days this your friend has been missing and his friend just told you it was 2days ago.
Ok he is now saying he did not know him from Jos, that someone brought him. Who is that person? did he try to inform the person?. All these are the puzzle that need to be solved. I suggest is best to contact police and use your friends line and trace the location of his friend. Indeed that his friend is telling lies.
Did you enquire of his name and address when u called him.
Secondly even if police should sweep into action they need to start with the friend who is unknown and other evidence.
Please i know it is not going to be easy i think serious action is needed now, try to know the plans of your friends relatives on this issue and how they are going about it.

May God Protect Him and deliver him from any danger
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by paulpery: 5:15pm On Apr 18, 2017
Report the matter URGENTLY to the police. Act fast
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by dacool1(m): 5:24pm On Apr 18, 2017
don't inform the police before informing your parents. trust me u are the prime suspect in this case.
you might get locked up and thenbu won't be free to get advice from anyone else.

and when trouble starts no one on nairaland will bail you out.

fill your people In with the details then you can move to the station.
this is Nigeria.

how do u prove you are not an accomplice
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by eightsin(m): 6:43pm On Apr 18, 2017
Strong matter.. e just weak me
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by equity1(m): 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
this is a very serious situation that need GOd's intervention. But op what makes u think the host is not reading this post on nairaland . THis forum is so popular than you might think. You should used another scenario to present it so that even if the guy see your post he will not know that you are referring to him. I pray your friend comes back . God is your strength.
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by Littlefish(f): 8:55pm On Apr 18, 2017
pls pray for him ,report to the police get his people informrd .
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by Coolgent(m): 10:40pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ramanto:
Good day Nairalanders. I seriously need your advice and suggestions on a critical issue. Without wasting much of your time, i'l quickly give a summary of the problem.

There is this friend of mine who is a student of mass communication in Unijos. He's an orphan with just a few family members who really care about his existence; he has been strugling all along on his own. Before he got the admission, he was working and living fine, and was really generous to people around him.
I can recall he told me about a law guy whom he met through a friend during his admission struggles. This law guy was already in his final year then. Being an active guy on the campus, he promised to help my friend secure the admission. Along the line, they became really close that my friend was of a great help to him during his project and other things.

The problem now is that, two weeks ago, my friend called that he was travelling down to Lagos from Jos to the guy's place to see if he cud get something doin while the holiday lasts.
Mail me, I can assist voluntarily.
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by peterbello(m): 8:26am On Apr 21, 2017
Ramanto:
he told that relative that the money my friend withdrew was 150k against the 100k he told me initially.
I'm confused about some things here:
first, my friend left jos for lagos with the intention of getting a job. He went there with his diploma certificate and other properties including his other credentials, and all these are at the guy's place. Will any sane person trade his credentials for 100 or 150k? He left home without extra clothes, and he doesn't know anybody at Lagos.
secondly, he denied knowing my friend from jos. according to him, somebody brought my friend to him for help. He even said my friend looked decent to him and that was why he trusted him.. i asked him to consider the possiblities that my friend was robbed or something bad happened to him, but he dismissed the chances.
in order to be objective, i'm tying to force my mind to consider the fact that my friend absconded, but i'm finding it too difficult to believe. Anyway it is, the truth will come to light, he must be found guilty or not.

But who sends a stranger on an errand in Lagos and allows the stranger to go without his phone?

Who leaves Jos to Lagos only to abscond with 150k? As in how long will the money last?

Who else thinks the host's story doesn't add up at all?
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by Radrian: 7:18pm On Apr 21, 2017
Abdeee:
hacker hacker hacked hacked

You say you're his only advocate on earth and you didn't bother asking for details? You didn't try at all.

Now after apportioning blames, I'd like to make this brief:

1. Pray for him

2. If you happen to know any of those relatives that don't care about him, make it known to them.

3. Report to police stations near you.

4. Employ an hacker and when next the phone is on, call it and track it.

5. Find out who the guy is from his department, that'll will be hard but it's worth trying.

6. Never stop trying the number.

7. Pray for him

8. Pray for him

9. Pray for him

10. Pray for him.

I'm just spitballing.
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by andyanders: 9:40pm On Apr 21, 2017
kimbra:
I hope he has not used your friend for ritual?. The story he gave isn't adding up.

Since he's an orphan he should have Uncles or relatives you could reach and submit your findings. That his friend is up to no good and should be arrested.

Exactly. The story given by his friend's host is not adding up. How can the guy he sent to pick money from his ATM abscond and left his phone behind. That is to show that he must have used the guy for ritual

Let op report to the police and service providers and they can trace the telephone of that his host. Too bad for Africans and black race.
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by obyrich(m): 7:44am On Apr 22, 2017
Play along with the guy. Be calm. Involve the police, your parents and the relatives of your friend. Promise the guy that you will pay him back the money if he could assist you trace the whereabouts of your friend because your friend also absconded with your money as well.
If he falls into the trap and foolishly provides you with any account number then he is trapped.

His phone can be tracked while he is on call to know his location.

I pray for his safety and your success.
Re: What Could Possibly Be Wrong Here? Help! by Mznaett: 10:38am On Apr 22, 2017
This is a very serious issue... @op Act fast! Pleaseshocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Suspected Cultists, Armed Robbers Arrested With Weapons In Anambra / RRS Intensifies Move Against Cult Clashes In Somolu, Other Areas - Photos / Ekiti Court Fines Man Forty Thousand Naira Over Failure To Wear Face Mask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.