Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,174 members, 7,835,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria (3552 Views)

3 Sectors With High Employment Rate Unemployed Graduates Should Consider / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng / No Good Job? –try These Top 7 Nigerian ICT Jobs With High Employment Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by kedunaija(m): 10:06am On Apr 18, 2017
Top 5 states with high job Vacancies in Nigeria

In this list of Top 5 states with high job Vacancies in Nigeria we will not include lagos state solely because lagos state is Lagos is overcrowded, the population density ==>9,013,534+ there are not in any way compatible with the job vacancies.

FCT ABUJA

The FCT Abuja has population density of 1,405,201, and the chances of job seeker landing a job in the federal capital territory is far greater than other, from 2011 to 2013 jobberman recorded 10,379 job vacancies.

RIVERS STATE

When it comes to job vacancies , Rives state still remains a state with the highest amount of job openings in the country, even with a population density of 5,185,400, Rivers state recorded 6,873 vacancies from 2011 to 2013 according to a report by jobberman

OYO STATE

Surprisingly?, Oyo state still makes the cut for the top 5 states with high job Vacancies in Nigeria . Oyo is really good when it comes to employment, and also the cost of living is quite moderate and that is why it has the less number of unemployed youths.

Even with a population density of 5,591,589 jobberman recorded 5,520 Job vacancies in space between 2011 to 2013.

OGUN STATE

This state is not really good when it comes job vacancies but it made top four here .

Population density of 3,728,098 the state is not really crowded , that was why even with 3,805 job vacancies from 2011 to 2013, you still have a big chance of getting employed in the state.

DELTA STATE

Delta is a small state with a population density of 4,098,391 You have high chances of getting a comfortable work in delta state, jobberman recorded 3,105 job vacancies in the state within 2011 to 2013

I would like to add Abia state to the list of states high employment chances in Nigeria as the state boast of several industries which employ skilled laborers.
Source: http://trendygist.com.ng/top-5-states-with-highest-job-vacancies-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by Fmartin(m): 10:08am On Apr 18, 2017
u fr kukuma tell us d types of jobs cheesy
Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by iihtlagos: 10:10am On Apr 18, 2017
Lagos is not on the list? or I didn't see it well?

Every year, thousands of applicants get jobs in lagos state; especially in the ICT sector that has shown to be the most consistent sector of employment.

We therefore invite you to our FREE ICT seminar for those in Lagos. We will show you practically how ICT can help you reach your personal goals.

See you.

Visit https://www.nairaland.com/3739344/iiht-indian-institute-hardware-technologies for more details.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 18, 2017
People just sleep and wake up and put up shit! Rivers laughable!
to think Lagos no even dey d list sef

1 Like

Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by kachi7021(m): 10:26am On Apr 18, 2017
Pls where in Abuja

1 Like

Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by lalasticlala(m): 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
I was expecting to see Lagos as number 1

1 Like

Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by Nzenzemulu(m): 2:28pm On Apr 18, 2017
Anambra with 800 factories and glomerates is missing cheesy
Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by lovethchioma(f): 2:36pm On Apr 18, 2017
Did you just say Abuja?
Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by leyemok(m): 2:44pm On Apr 18, 2017
Op is high on weed. Rubbish list.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by Giannakopoulos(f): 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
okay
Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by Nicho118(m): 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
u for just tell us the types of job
Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by generalbush(m): 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
lalasticlala:

cheesy cheesy...

No mind Op. He is typing from America cheesy
Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by generalbush(m): 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
kachi7021:
Pls where in Abuja

Senate building cheesy
Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by generalbush(m): 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
lovethchioma:
Did you just say Abuja?

Yes!!!

House of Rep Chambers!! wink cheesy
Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by lovethchioma(f): 4:36pm On Apr 18, 2017
generalbush:

Yes!!!

House of Rep Chambers!! wink cheesy
Lol ... I'm wondering if it's the Abuja I know or if there's another one.
Please Op I'll like to know where in Abuja?
Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
Did Op just mention Abuja? Like A-B-U-J-A??
The major jobs available in Abj are government jobs (If you have the connection), marketing jobs in estate management firms, and teaching jobs.
Despite the population in Lagos, Lagos still provides more jobs for graduates than all the states in OP's list combined. angry

Ogun and Port Harcourt though are good places to look for jobs.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by generalbush(m): 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
lovethchioma:
Lol ... I'm wondering if it's the Abuja I know or if there's another one.
Please Op I'll like to know where in Abuja?

hAHA... Op was typing from Germany wink
Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by Luizkid(m): 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
the Op stated clearly that he won't add lagos, yet peeps are still asking where is Lagos, someone even asking where's Abuja when there's Fct on the list...na real wah
Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by lovethchioma(f): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
generalbush:

hAHA... Op was typing from Germany wink
Lol... I thought as much
Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by wristbangle: 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2017
Luizkid:
the Op stated clearly that he won't add lagos, yet peeps are still asking where is Lagos, someone even asking where's Abuja when there's Fct on the list...na real wah

It seems u just get to know that most Nigerian youths are intellectually lazy.
Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by WAVEAcademies: 6:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
As I sat in front of my prospective employer, my mind wandered. I took a long walk back in time, way back to the gruesome 400L course; Extentialism. Dr. Folorunsho shouted on how the course would benefit us on our jobs when we eventually graduated. In that cramped cell of a classroom, we wrote everything he said like our lives depended on it. Our lives did depend on it back then.

My potential employer cleared his throat and transported me back to earth. I stared at him while he in turn stared at my CV. My CV had all these glorious experiences and recommendations which I didn’t reflect. He asked me simple questions any graduate should be able to answer and I was lost…as lost as I was in existentialism class. Needless to say, I didn’t get the job.

This happened some five years ago, way back when I was still young and naïve, when I thought my certificate could suffice for experience and would fetch me gold. My story took a turn for the better when I swapped finishing school for finishing schools.

Finishing school is a huge accomplishment for Nigerian youth. Having any school accept you into their programme meant that for the next four or five years, your life had been mapped out i.e Gain admission-Study hard-Pass my exams-Graduate-Serve-Job hunt. This just seems like the grand order of life. “Finishing school will make me more eligible for the workplace”; this thought is what drives youths to finish school. Sadly, as I realized, after a year or two, this was not entirely true.

After a series of failed interviews, I swallowed my pride as one who had finished school and went to a finishing school. I kept wondering what these schools could teach me after four years in the university. FOUR years! What could they possibly teach me?! As baked as I thought I was, I realized I had a long way to go. I had to unlearn, relearn and learn some more. More striking was the fact that I wasn’t better because I had a degree but because I knew and did what needed to be known and done.

Finishing schools, as the name connotes, are schools that are supposed to refine an individual; make such an individual better suited for the world of work. However, in this part of the world; the reverse is the case.!!! Because finishing school is of little or no value, finishing schools redefine rather than refine.

As I pen down my story, I can’t help but imagine how my life would have played out if I had enrolled for a finishing school immediately I finished school. Not to undermine finishing school; it has its own merits(such as demonstrating that an individual can be focused on a goal for four years) which sadly is negligible when compared to finishing schools.

Finishing school will always be a major accomplishment for the average youth, but will be irrelevant in the long run if they do not develop competencies required to succeed in the world of work which ultimately make finishing schools a must-consider.

waveacademies.org
http://waveacademies..com/
Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by kachi7021(m): 6:34pm On Apr 18, 2017
generalbush:

Senate building cheesy

grin cheesy
Re: Top 5 States With High Job Vacancies In Nigeria by Giannakopoulos(f): 7:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
lalasticlala:
so even you did not read well that op stated Lagos would not be included.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Recruitment 2016 Screening Date / Help! I Need A Job Around Egbeda, Ikotun And Igando Area / I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.