Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time (42590 Views)

Top 7 Nigeria Greatest Goalkeepers In History / No Yellow Cards For Goalkeepers That Encroach At The Women's World Cup / Top 7 Greatest BEARDS In Football Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by olusola200: 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2017
Dodo mayana remain my best I call him safest hand in soccer
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by Iseoluwani: 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2017
Jonathan looks like the worst goal keeper because he didn't save the goals that's spoilt his reputation

N that's y he is called the
Ineffective baffon grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2017
[b]DOSU JOSEPH [/b]DESERVES A WORTHY MENTION

BUT ENYEMA ALL THE WAY
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by ChristyB(f): 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
Peter Rufai and Vincent I know, who are the rest? Una no go post goal keepers wey we sabi abi?
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by chronique(m): 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
Smellymouth:
Robosky, where is Abiodun Baruwa? cheesy

That one na basket joor. Ike Shorunmu was also a very good goallie.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by SIGE(m): 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by gannod(m): 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
robosky02:
7. Vincent Enyeama: A great goalkeeper in all ramifications. Though he doesn’t cut the myth of Inua Lawal Rigogo or the colossus reputation of Emmanuel Okala, yet Enyeama still pass as Nigeria’s greatest goalkeeper of all times, in terms of his achievements.

Enyeama won CAF Champions league back to back in 2003 and 2004. He won Nigeria premier league twice and the FA Cup. He also won African Cup of nations in 2013 and has been the first choice goalkeeper to 2 FIFA world cup and the confederations Cup.

plus he was twice named man of the matches at 2010 world cup.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by unitysheart(m): 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:
This list sha, if its according to ranking I believe Enyeama should be between 1 - 3

That's because you don't know some of the other keepers.
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by unitysheart(m): 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2017
olusola200:
Dodo mayana remain my best I call him safest hand in soccer

That's the nickname we knew Rufai for. His records in Deportivo is still there.
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by doctimi(m): 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2017
Joseph Dosu should be on that list.

Also that young chap (under 17 Fifa world cup) where is he now by the way? Cant remember his name

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by Smellymouth: 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2017
robosky02:

that man nearly cost us a place at Atlanta 1996

first it was his age and then too many plunders (basket keeper)

thank God joseph Dusu

he should be placed among the worse super eagles keepers grin

Hahahh. I won't forget the friendly game against Yugoslavia in 1998.
The guy wan dribble one Yugoslavia striker, na so dem collect ball from his legs.

Chai. Baruwa na real Otu. cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
pls my mom just recieved a call from an old family frend telling her of an ongoing replacement in FRSC and he gave a line to call the woman said she would send me a number (ID no) but i should mke payment for uniforms and training materials and i would report at abuja by 12noon tomorow. Now i smell someting fishy is this genuine ? i need a comfirmation pls help a bro if it is genuine i dont wanna loose this opportunity.
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by TheVictorious(m): 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
HOW ABOUT IKE SHOROMU
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by jtwest(m): 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
Who else can be greater than a keeper that flies pole to pole and never conceded more than 4 goals in 8 years.
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by swagdopey: 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
saydfact:

I'll go with PETER RUFAI although he didnt leave when the ovation was high; he is a great

Remember Rufai and that player they call Sand from Denmark... That guy really dealt with rufai

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by alaba223: 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
robosky02:
so guys who will you consider as the greatest or who will you add to the list

Lets go there….
ItsQuinn, safarigirl, shizzy7, Smellymouth, Mediapace, refiner, suwalee, optional1, vivianblog1, cruzita, klexycole, VickyRotex, blueto, TheSuperNerd, mikron, TonyeBarcanist, Ajibel, honeric01, Icon4s, TheGoodJoe,
nice write up but what of ike shorounmu and how many of them are alive
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by Boyooosa(m): 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2017
ANGUS IKEJI, SAUDI 89

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by robosky02(m): 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
Smellymouth:

Hahahh. I won't forget the friendly game against Yugoslavia in 1998.
The guy wan dribble one Yugoslavia striker, na so dem collect ball from his legs.

Chai. Baruwa na real Otu. cheesy

see the guy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYn0FOm8cqI

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by Smellymouth: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
chronique:

That one na basket joor. Ike Shorunmu was also a very good goallie.

Egbon Chronique, you remember the Friendly game against Yugoslavia? cheesy

Baruwa should be tied and flogged..
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by shumuel(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
teelaw4life:
I know Peter Rufai (used to call him keeper rufai).

Ike Shorunmu too
Lol grin you are not alone, infact i argued it that it was Keeper Rufai and not Peter Rufai grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by Boyooosa(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
ChristyB:
Peter Rufai and Vincent I know, who are the rest? Una no go post goal keepers wey we sabi abi?
INDOMIE INDOMI INDOMIE NOODLES

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
Okala seems to have a lot to his credit historically.
Him and Peter Rufai are my very best. At least i watched Rufai, not in historical perspective.
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by alaba223: 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2017
robosky02:

that man nearly cost us a place at Atlanta 1996

first it was his age and then too many plunders (basket keeper)

thank God joseph Dusu

he should be placed among the worse super eagles keepers grin
u mean blunders?
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by Smellymouth: 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2017
robosky02:

see the guy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYn0FOm8cqI
Chaii...
DAT guy sha.. Nice work Robosky..
Why seun never make u mod for this sports section still dey baffle me o..
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by chronique(m): 12:34pm On Apr 18, 2017
Smellymouth:

Egbon Chronique, you remember the Friendly game against Yugoslavia? cheesy

Baruwa should be tied and flogged..

Lol. Yeah. Think that was pre-France 98 World Cup mundial.
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by Kakamorufu(m): 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2017
Rufai, enyeama are cool keepers, shorunmu too.
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by ChristyB(f): 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
Hahahahahaha we the generation of Indomie no sabi those other people oo... I speak for myself shah
Boyooosa:

INDOMIE INDOMI INDOMIE NOODLES

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
verygudbadguy:
I know Peter Rufai, Dosu Joseph, Aloy Agu, Abiodun Baruwa, Vincent Eyeama.

There is one more guy but i can't remember his name right now; The keeper of our under 20 team.

Ambruse Vanzekin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by Earth2Metahuman: 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
Where is ike shorunmu
Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by buffalowings: 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
Iseoluwani:
Jonathan looks like the worst goal keeper because he didn't save the goals that's spoilt his reputation

N that's y he is called the
Ineffective baffon grin grin

Re: Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time by supereagle(m): 12:39pm On Apr 18, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
Ike Shoronmu ?
The list incomplete without him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jade Faulkner, Nigerian Gymnast At The Commonwealth Games. Photos / Rita Johal, Riyad Mahrez's Ex-Wife Says Man City 'Ruined' Their Marriage / Qatar Vs Ecuador: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (0 - 2) On 20th November 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.