Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,831 members, 7,831,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Share Your Challenges As A First-born - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Challenges As A First-born (27427 Views)

My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family / What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by WachsComedy: 4:30am On Apr 19, 2017
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by XwhY(m): 4:45am On Apr 19, 2017
Firstborn=Responsibility=Assistant Parent as someone has rightly said. I cant finish the challenges if i start mentioning...
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by scobaba: 4:50am On Apr 19, 2017
In my case, i think my parents made things easy for me growing up so as to prepare me for Assistant Parenting in the future. Me and my immediate younger sis went to boarding school( which was like d biggest level in our ajegunle neighbourhood then). I gained admission faster than my other siblings, got a job and settled in to life by the time i was 24.
Then the whole game started. At a point i got depressed, i kept asking why my parents joined hands to train me and expected only me to train four younger siblings and loads of cousins. It took 8years to get a good hold onto life. I was always broke. My mates then in the bank got good apartments early n even bought their first ride while i squatted with a friend for like 3 years and bought my first car 7 years after most of my mates did. My salary which was quite okay for a young banker then was never enough cos my parents insisted the last two kids went to 'private schools'. Aaah God, i suffer.
Looking back today, we give God the glory. Those hard times pushed me to aquire professional certifications to aim for higher better paying jobs. Now i am better placed, have a family and doing very well by his grace. Though some of my siblings are still draggin feet, which sometimes make me angry considering resources i put in to get then where they are...... I just hope they would sit up before its late. First born no be beans. Nice one op.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by odaniel1(m): 5:12am On Apr 19, 2017
Big s/o to the firstborns out there.
They are largely what i call the 'Lab mice' of homes basically because they are experiments of what should and shouldnt be.

But like all cliches, they too can rise above the mediocrity by staying positive at all times. Oh lest i forget, breaking away from the parent's hold too sets you up for some greatness too.

So keep ur head up y'all. I'm a firstborn & that makes me a leader by nature and LEADERS NEVER LOSE.

Stay Strong Firsties!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by pmatchuks: 5:13am On Apr 19, 2017
Jesus is the Borden bearer, yoke breaker, I am also the eldest guy but my case is different!!! I saw it coming so I had no choice than to run to him at a tender age and He took over the ship, steering me to victory sweetlessly!! U know darkness has no choice than to bow at the instance light appears! Am not trying to brag but under the mentorship of Bishop David Oyedepo over the years, truly our case became Different. There is a popular saying here in Port Harcourt [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]IF YOUR CHURCH CANNOT CHANGE YOU, CHANGE YOUR CHURCH! Who u follow determines what follows you! May Jesus steer you to victory bro.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by VickyRotex(f): 5:20am On Apr 19, 2017
Teel012:
u're either not a firstborn or u come from a rich home.

Really?

Bros, the fact that someone doesnt agree with your ideology, doesnt mean you should totally dispel theirs.
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by ststyreal(f): 5:36am On Apr 19, 2017
Most first sons are so irresponsible that they leave all their responsibility to the second son who probably might be doing better than them, (talking from experience). They oftenly allow pride and ego to destroy the blessings God has bestowed on them. They love to be respected and obeyed but reluctant in carrying out their responsibility towards their younger ones. May God restore all irresponsible first sons and also pray for God to liberate them from every bondage they might have placed themselves under.
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by debonairprinx(m): 5:48am On Apr 19, 2017
montezz:
If I start to talk......
Being the first child no be beans at all.
Where do I start sef?

K'Olorun tete pick call mi ni

He will surely my dear.
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Nobody: 6:03am On Apr 19, 2017
Funny enough someone asked about this a couple of weeks back but don't know whatcha talking aboutsad. I no longer know what it feels like to be the first child cry.

It was a big deal while I was younger but for the past of couple of years, I haven't experienced any first born challenges from parents, siblings or life sef. Each of my siblings are doing really great on their own without any help from me or my parents.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 19, 2017
Most? sad

I beg to differ ma

ststyreal:
Most first sons are so irresponsible that they leave all their responsibility to the second son who probably might be doing better than them, (talking from experience). They oftenly allow pride and ego to destroy the blessings God has bestowed on them. They love to be respected and obeyed but reluctant in carrying out their responsibility towards their younger ones. May God restore all irresponsible first sons and also pray for God to liberate them from every bondage they might have placed themselves under.
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by davidif: 6:14am On Apr 19, 2017
mynd44, lalasticlala, seun

Why have i been banned? I posted some educational post in the health section and you are banning me?
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 19, 2017
Your own is far better broz, my own is all your extended family, your town people and unknown and known family members, unheard and heard names and the most annoyed aspect of it is that those u are dying for and some of them won't even remember you again
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by nwosu35: 6:16am On Apr 19, 2017
My challenge is that l want to sell this coaster bus

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by mayortm001(m): 6:24am On Apr 19, 2017
It's not easy to be a first born but if u really want to excel pray harder than others.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by GlobalGisting(m): 6:33am On Apr 19, 2017
Many firstborn Sons are grossly irresponsible and lazy. No offense to the Firstborns, but their problems starts immediately they start having that idea of "I am the firstborn" so I have lots of inheritance. they start fooling around, acting like a king. some can't even wash their own clothes, waiting on their younger ones to cater to their domestic needs like a prince. Many are just lazy and irresponsible and outright lazy so they fail to start life on time and end up trying to kill their Dad.
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 19, 2017
GlobalGisting:
Many firstborn Sons are grossly irresponsible and lazy. No offense to the Firstborns, but their problems starts immediately they start having that idea of "I am the firstborn" so I have lots of inheritance. they start fooling around, acting like a king. some can't even wash their own clothes, waiting on their younger ones to cater to their domestic needs like a prince. Many are just lazy and irresponsible and outright lazy so they fail to start life on time and end up trying to kill their Dad.

Not 100% accurate..... What happens to a first born that has nothing to inherit....?
A first Born who's Family is struggling to make earns meet...?
A first born who is struggling on His own to be better coz he knows nothing is there for him to inherit....?

sir/ma'am, not 100% accurate...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Juliearth(f): 6:42am On Apr 19, 2017
The fact that I have to act like an assistant mother,take the fall for sins I know little or nothing about,take up most(if not all) of the chores, chief cook, an intercessory and middle man btw my folks and my sisters,play the role of chief adviser, monitoring spirit(snoop on my sisters phones to see if any dickhead is tryna mess with them and call the bluff off if any)....infact,its a full-time job...and fun. I feel blessed to have to do all these .

PS all Eyes are always on me character-wise so I have to act cool and right lest I mislead my younger ones.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by JOHNEVANS(m): 6:49am On Apr 19, 2017
It's not easy being the first born, my own case, am the second born and only male out of four(three ladies) the burden on me is more than my senior sister, am seen as the first born and one with sole responsibility. God help us
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by HaneefahRN(f): 6:54am On Apr 19, 2017
First born, last born, life is not fair to most people.
I think the only ish is the pressure on you to do well cos there are people who look up to you (you need to set the pace, give your younger ones something to look up to), you are expected to look after your siblings (as a small mum), sometimes take responsibility for their stupidity, like if a younger one was playing rough and got injured rather they could insult you for it, the question is where were you? Like you are supposed to be a sort of all-seeing demi- god.
And you are the experimental child, whatever you do or was done to you, that didn't work out, your younger ones will be able to avoid it.
And the first born is likely born when the parents are still struggling so might not get as much goodies at the early stage like the others might.

And God help the first born when there is loss of a parent or parents and the person still has young dependent siblings.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by MrEgghead(m): 6:55am On Apr 19, 2017
The responsibilities that come with being a first child are humongous. I'm not a first child but I'm aware of several challenges my elder brother passed through up to this stage;It's been one challenge to another.

It all started when we were teenagers growing up in the village with our grandma.My brother would do menial jobs just to get money for my Christmas clothes at his own detriment.He was always happy doing this.

His elementary and secondary educations suffered major setbacks because of financial constraints. During my brother's time,we were living in abject poverty. he struggled all the way from primary school to the university level;this affected his performances immensely.

I never passed through all these;mine has been free-flow so far.

I've always prayed for my success to pay him back.

First borns;I pity una!

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Nature8(m): 6:57am On Apr 19, 2017
I don't know where to start, but being a first born in a family is a very big challenge unless you have a rich father..
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Bukunming(m): 6:58am On Apr 19, 2017
While growing up, my younger siblings will annoy me and I beat them. They report to my mum and she'll say I don't have no right to beat them and she keep scolding. Next time, I report and I still get scolded and nothing will be done. I then decided to keep beating them and keep getting scolded instead. First borns getting scolded for what is right and wrong. God bless the first borns.
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Swazy40(m): 7:01am On Apr 19, 2017
Horlawoomey:
I think we don't have to generalize, every person has their own challenges whether a first child or the last, scaling through those challenges is what makes us successful.

As a first born, things went relatively easy for me because I sat tight right from a teenager, I understand early what it means to be a leader and most times I am very independent.

Being independent doesn't come easy, you have to make some sacrifices and lose so many things, but once you have the end in mind, you'll be progressing in your goals.

School was stress free
Life after school isn't bad either as I got a job 6 months after NYSC, its not paying millions but at least I can pay my bills and drop some things for the younger ones. Being a firstborn is cool as we are most times very intelligent.

#PROUD FIRSTBORN.
am d first born its been rough and tough I cant start narrating here... Where would I start from let me just Hmmm still on d struggle
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Swazy40(m): 7:04am On Apr 19, 2017
Nature8:
I don't know where to start, but being a first born in a family is a very big challenge unless you have a rich father..
exactly I been struggling all my life playing football travelling from one country to another now am in skul it has not been easy... Can't start narrating ma story I wil write a book

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Nature8(m): 7:34am On Apr 19, 2017
Swazy40:
exactly I been struggling all my life playing football travelling from one country to another now am in skul it has not been easy... Can't start narrating ma story I wil write a book

If I start to tell you my own story, you'll feel for me bro.. Especially when you have your younger ones looking up and depending on you.. Life is not easy at all..
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by I888(m): 7:35am On Apr 19, 2017
holatimmy:
Let me give you mine as a last born

1.You are spoilt when your elder one cooks for you
2.You can't contribute to any decision making in the house.
3.Whenever you are bullied,you get a sorry and a pat on the head.
4.The smallest piece of meat is yours.
5.You should be like your elder ones

Abeg...Being a last born no be beans
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by metallisc(m): 8:04am On Apr 19, 2017
Kemimarch16:
Shout out to all the last born in the house,we r special made (enjoyment)we didn't come to the world to struggle and that why we have first born that must suffer for us lol

1 Like

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by metallisc(m): 8:07am On Apr 19, 2017
Horlawoomey:
I think we don't have to generalize, every person has their own challenges whether a first child or the last, scaling through those challenges is what makes us successful.

As a first born, things went relatively easy for me because I sat tight right from a teenager, I understand early what it means to be a leader and most times I am very independent.

Being independent doesn't come easy, you have to make some sacrifices and lose so many things, but once you have the end in mind, you'll be progressing in your goals.

School was stress free
Life after school isn't bad either as I got a job 6 months after NYSC, its not paying millions but at least I can pay my bills and drop some things for the younger ones. Being a firstborn is cool as we are most times very intelligent.

#PROUD FIRSTBORN.

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by metallisc(m): 8:08am On Apr 19, 2017
oheni:

chai okpara... shout out to all d last born in d huz grin

so you be last born eekwa? no wonder, ana m ahū ya na ahú gi! over enjoyment! grin grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by metallisc(m): 8:12am On Apr 19, 2017
Kdiva:
it's always like that.. plus it's more challenging when you're the first child and a female.

i would think that also being a beautiful first born babe will help make things easier! not so? grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Nairalander Welcomes Twin Baby Boys (Photos) / Forget Your Husband, I Lost Mine Too- Single Mother To Housewife / Should I Be Concerned About Marrying A 39yrs Old Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.