Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Share Your Challenges As A First-born - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Challenges As A First-born (27335 Views)

My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family / What Are Your Major Challenges As A First-time Parent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, the challenges and how tough it has been as a first born child.

I often heard that many of us go through a lot of challenges which could be fustrating and sometimes, lead to depression.

I also know a handful of my kind who have found it hard in every area of Life- Job, Marriage... infact all areas of life.

I remember how hard it was to scale through secondary school- i remember staying at home for 2 terms for school fees. Even gaining admission to the university was very tough- it was just as though the devil was so interested in my case. After years of struggling , I finally gained admission to the university with many challenges as well.

Now, to the Glory of God Im out of school, Nysc certified, patching up with a small scale company- yet i dont feel satisfied with
what Life has offered me. I feel cheated and its annoying when you have to struggle to get jobs with youths who had graduated at age 20/21... and you are just there looking for vacancies that has no age barrier.

My pastor once said i needed to pray well because the devil targets the first born of the family. he said i had to run to God to rescue me. Well...I did pray for many years but things are worse.

I look at my younger brother sometimes and see how well things went for him; most times without stress. I look at other families as well and see how the younger ones are faring well compared to the Eldest. Its really depressing.

Why is Life not fair to us?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by FvckShiT(m): 5:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
"All fûçkiñg eyés ön yö"

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by GloriaNinja(f): 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
E NO DEY EASY AT ALL (SPEAKING AS A FIRST BORN)

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Tallesty1(m): 5:24pm On Apr 18, 2017
Life isn't fair to anybody

16 Likes

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by dhantey324(m): 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2017
I think the challenge is worse when you are Igbo.
When I was young, I remember being flogged for not fighting for my younger brother. But in my mind, I was like, na him find trouble na! Mumsy no wan hear o!
While in uni, I heard things like, you have to sacrifice for your younger ones. Meanwhile, owu dey blow me. But they will get the monthly update before me and they will still be looking up to you.
S/o to every first child out there! E no easy!
No room for errors, you just have to get it right. Talking about challenges, I don't even know where to start from. But I love it sha grin tongue

143 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
The expectations and the pressure of excelling.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by montezz(f): 8:56pm On Apr 18, 2017
If I start to talk......
Being the first child no be beans at all.
Where do I start sef?

K'Olorun tete pick call mi ni

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by veekid(m): 10:15pm On Apr 18, 2017
No b small thing

1 Like

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by nairalandfreak(m): 10:16pm On Apr 18, 2017
High pressure. Blame... Blame and blame!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Taryur3(m): 10:16pm On Apr 18, 2017
If I start to talk, the stress wey I pass tru e no go end...my ppu e no go end ....but I thank God today, I won the battle and I turn out to be a responsible elder to all my siblings...even at mid night am always available to answer them cos Papa don pass out.God help us.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by leksmedia: 10:16pm On Apr 18, 2017
To the Unborn Children just incase you have access to the Internet note, if you are coming to Nigeria as a first born, you should have the following

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by ClassCaptain(m): 10:16pm On Apr 18, 2017
ok
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Chukabiz(m): 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
dhantey324:
I think the challenge is worse when you are Igbo.
When I was young, I remember being flogged for not fighting for my younger brother. But in my mind, I was like, na him find trouble na! Mumsy no wan hear o!
While in uni, I heard things like, you have to sacrifice for your younger ones. Meanwhile, owu dey blow me. But they will get the monthly update before me and they will still be looking up to you.
S/o to every first child out there! E no easy!
No room for errors, you just have to get it right. Talking about challenges, I don't even know where to start from. But I love it sha grin tongue
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Costello559(m): 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
Many responsibilities... Mehn e no easy...
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Talk2Bella(f): 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
grin

try being the first and only daughter

I still de do NYSC and my uncle is already telling me I'd train some of his kids in SCH

me wey never get job SMH

honestly it's worse when you're Igbo

Anyway we are just two one boy one girl I'm d last

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by sweetkev(m): 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
No be beans to be a first born cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
"Blessed is the first male that openeth the matrix"

Everyone looking up to you. The sacrifices you have to make for national peace and tranquility...

By the way, research shows that firstborns tend to be entrepreneurial in nature.

In some other climes, this entrepreneurial bent is encouraged early, creating an environment where people like Steve Jobs, Michael Dell and so on can thrive.

Back home, whenever a firstborn tries to live out his calling, and it happens not to be the script approved by the family, omo, you don become deliverance case o...

30 Likes

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by josephine123: 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
Not much
Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by ednut1(m): 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
First born in Nigeria na assistant parent

147 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by vboss(m): 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
Being responsible for everything

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by jeeqaa7(m): 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
Biggest meat

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by VickyRotex(f): 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2017
I'll wait for my twin brother to come, so we can share. Since we are sharing the position. kiss kiss kiss

On a serious note. Op, you need to get rid of such mindset that first borns find it tough to excel. Guard your heart with positivity and what you so desire to see. Everyone got challenges irrespective of the position they fall in.

Moreover, Your case is different!

Challenge the status quo, if at all there's any in this case. Which I doubt!

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by jeeqaa7(m): 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2017
Biggest meat.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by daniska3yaro(m): 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2017
Making a lot of sacrifice,putting your siblings before your very self.Everything that is your own belong to them bt their own na their own.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by moscobabs(m): 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2017
to be a firstborn is not easy o.If I start telling u my challenge as a firstborn I won't finish till tomorrow. But I know God has already perfect everything concerning firstborn.

We are Head, we shall never become tail.

our sacrifices both physically and spiritualy will not b in vain. God has been our helper since birth and he will continue fighting for us.

Everything written about us is great!!!

Greeting to all Nairaland firstborn

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Asuokaa: 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2017
It has been by God Grace, rmbr wen my dad died in 2014 everyone where Kola u r now a man.. u r in charge of this family

I was scared

But thank God for where I am today

I waited for 4 years b4 I gained admission, all my junior brothers gained admission easily..

Working hard to make sure I make it in life

I love and serve God with all my heart.

Its not easy been a first born at all especially if you are a boy it's as if the whole world is on ou laps

Www.evilla.com.ng

17 Likes

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by HIRAETH: 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2017
Responsibility. .. .

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by odimbannamdi(m): 10:20pm On Apr 18, 2017
As a first born, especially from a not too well-to-do family, the pressures are usually very much.

First, you are expected to act as a role model, because your younger ones will be looking up to you so much. If you tow a wrong path, there is a big chance that at least one your younger ones will follow suit.

When it comes to the "good things of life" too, you are expected to make sacrifices so that it can go round to your younger ones.

Even when you eventually get married, your spouse will also feel the pressure from your younger ones especially their constant demands for assistance.

But one of the upsides is, most times you will command great and unquestionable among your younger ones. You just have to cough and your order will be executed.

So look on the bright side wink wink

Meanwhile, loafers for sale

16 Likes

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Chukwumeremeze(m): 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
You seem to be on your own with just God as your dude.

Widespread expectations to be perfect and successful in all ramifications.

It's a condition you so wish you were never part of, but your are motivated to accept it because if you get to the finish line in complete piece, your name will forever be remembered.

Perfect synonym is #responsibilities.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by Josephamstrong1(m): 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
Op!
I just no wan talk.
It's not funny. Has both financial, spiritual and other implications.
Started from the bible. First borns r bullet takers.
Ur siblings have two fathers. We have only one father.
Wen ur father is no more na wen u go kw.
To dem u r still thr father.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Challenges As A First-born by lilyheaven: 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ah,

25 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

49-Year-old Man Finally Becomes A Father After Suffering So Much Tragedies.Photo / 72-year-old Granny Having An Incestuous Affair With Her Own Grandson / Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.