Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women (2354 Views)

Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again / My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice / My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by newsynews: 5:20pm On Apr 18, 2017
Muslim men are allowed to hit their wives if they disobey them and domestic violence is a ‘beautiful blessing’, according to the women’s branch of a radical Islamic group.

Sydney primary school teacher Reem Allouche told the women’s arm of hardline political group Hizb ut-Tahrir that men are permitted to hit women with sticks.

During the 30-minute discussion at a meeting in Sydney’s west, Ms Allouche and fellow panellist Atika Latifi – who are both wearing headscarves – describe how beating women is a ‘symbolic act’.

At one point they even demonstrated how to use a small stick called a ‘sivaak’ to hit ‘disobedient’ women. In a video of the debate, which has been posted on Facebook, Ms Allouche says men should use the sivaak to punish their wives. She then uses one of the sticks to hit Ms Latifi while the pair laugh. Other permissible methods to punish women involve using a twisted scarf or piece of fabric, the women say. Ms Allouche says the act is ‘symbolic’, while Ms Latifi claims it’s ‘a beautiful blessing’. The women agree that they should only be beaten if they are caught ‘committing sin’ – pointing out that this means seriously disrespecting Allah or their husbands. Disobedience to the husband. Immoral acts or cheating. Admitting anyone to the home that the husband doesn’t like,’ Ms Latifi explains. Ms Allouche smiles as she adds that does not mean a man can beat his wife simply for not cooking dinner, with the women agreeing that violence should only be used too ‘promote tranquility’. The pair agree that men have the right to beat their wives because husbands take a ‘leadership’ position within the family. ‘It goes hand in hand that he would have the right to undertake disciplinary ­measures,’ Ms Allouche says.

Ms Latifi adds: ‘He is permitted – not obliged, not encouraged – but permitted, to hit her. That is what everyone is talking about. It should not cause pain. Not harsh.’ During the debate, Ms Allouche says wives who disobey Muslim teachings could face a beating from their husband, but only because ‘he loves his wife, he fears for his wife’. ‘It’s almost a natural consequence,’ she adds. He’s not responding through anger or frustration or rage. He’s responding in obedience to Allah’s commands, in a measured and staged way, because we know when people talk about violence against women, often it happens in the heat of the moment, in anger, in frustration and what-not, whereas here, it’s managed. Ms Latifi claims violence should be a last resort for husbands, saying they should admonish them first. If that does not work, he should ‘refuse to share the bed with her, not being intimate with her’. Finally, if that does not work, he ‘is permitted to hit her’. And what a beautiful blessing, that he said not to take the steps at the one time, but one after the other,’ she continues. And what is the third option all about? What kind of hitting? It should not cause pain. The all-women meeting was held in Lakemba in Sydney’s inner west, The Australian reported.

The government considered banning Hizb ut-Tahrir in 2007 but eventually deemed it to be a political group. Islamic leader Keysar Trad apologised at the weekend for saying hitting women was a ‘last resort’, admitting to Sky News presenter Andrew Bolt that he had made a ‘slip up’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4406670/Muslim-women-demonstrate-husbands-beat-them.html#ixzz4eNDp0PzB

http://wotzup.ng/beating-your-wife-is-a-blessing-muslim-women/
Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
This set of people again undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by GloriaNinja(f): 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
IF I TALK SAY ISLAM IS CURSED, IT WILL BE LIKE SAY I DEY BLAB BUT MY WORD IS THE TRUTH, MY WORD STILL STANDS THAT ISLAM IS A CURSED RELIGION, THEY KEEP BRAIN-WASHING AND KILLING.

3 Likes

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
You for kuku kill her instead.

2 Likes

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by dee02(m): 5:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
Bullshit.... I am a muslim and i will never support such stupidity!
Fu...ck it!!!!

1 Like

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by LifestyleTonite: 5:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
dee02:
Bullshit.... I am a muslim and i will never support such stupidity!
Fu...ck it!!!!
You are not a true Muslim for disobeying Allah's order to muslims to beat their wives.

Below is Allah's word in the Quran.

Quran (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and LEAVE THEM ALONE IN THE SLEEPING PLACES AND BEAT THEM; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

Below is Prophet Mohammad's words.

Abu Dawud (2142) - "The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife."
Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by dee02(m): 5:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
LifestyleTonite:
You are not a true Muslim for disobeying Allah's order to muslims to beat their wives.

Below is Allah's word in the Quran.

Quran (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and LEAVE THEM ALONE IN THE SLEEPING PLACES AND BEAT THEM; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

Below is Prophet Mohammad's words.

Abu Dawud (2142) - "The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife."

I am not going to beat or lay hands on any woman for whatever reason, and inshaa Allah it wont disqualify me from Janaa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by dee02(m): 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2017
It seems some of you people are mis-interpreting it..... You can playfully tap or smack someone, but to hit or beat a woman is not acceptable
It cant be right to do that, common!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 18, 2017
Beautiful blessing bawo? shocked shocked shocked

Lemme quicquic goan ask my cousins ooo angry

1 Like

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by johnson232: 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
Obedient women will always support the right thing

kudos to our muslim sisters... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by alBHAGDADI: 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
dee02:
It seems some of you people are mis-interpreting it..... You can playfully tap or smack someone, but to hit or beat a woman is not acceptable
Which one is misinterpreting again? Why do you Muslims love to lie to cover Allah's awful ways? A nairalander already quoted Allah's words where he clearly stated that Muslims should beat their wives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by johnson232: 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
dee02:
What about to hit or beat a child?
because women do that all the time
Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by alBHAGDADI: 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
johnson232:
Obedient women will always support the right thing

kudos to our muslim sisters... cheesy
Slavery.

No wonder the Islamic world is backward and decaying.

2 Likes

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by dee02(m): 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
LifestyleTonite:

"

You cant say if i am not a true muslim or if i am..... Only Allah knows!

We have seen scholars and well learned folks misinterpete the holy book..... time and time again!

The mad man up north called Shekau and his friends all over the world parading under the umbrella of AlQaida or ISIS are misleading and brainwashing people everyday!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by dee02(m): 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Slavery.

STFU and stop being a pri...ck!
Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by alBHAGDADI: 6:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
dee02:

Pls, don't islamize me o. grin

3 Likes

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by alBHAGDADI: 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
dee02:

You cant say if i am not a true muslim or if i am..... Only Allah knows!

We have seen scholars and well learned folks misinterpete the holy book..... time and time again!

The mad man up north called Shekau and his friends all over the world parading under the umbrella of AlQaida or ISIS are misleading and brainwashing people everyday!!!!

ISIS and Boko Haram are the true Muslims. If you want to know why they kill Muslims too, read the thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/3707284/christians-muslims-why-isis-kills

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by johnson232: 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Slavery.

Honestly muslim religion is rooted in confusion....encouraging men to beat their wives.... cheesy

No wonder women don't even have a say in pure muslim countries...it isn't d men fault

are u sure there is no place in the quran that encourage bombing...
those muslim guys too like bomb.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by Elkay3: 6:10pm On Apr 18, 2017
Should the word "beating" b there? Or "tapping"? Let everyone understand their message first.
If I use a toothbrush on you, would that be beating or tapping?

If I fold a scarf and use it on you, would that be termed beating or tapping?

Before we fling insults, let's know the message first.
Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by johnson232: 6:10pm On Apr 18, 2017
dee02:

u STFU...u know fully well he is saying d truth...

ISLAM is the major problem the world is facing today....

4 Likes

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by johnson232: 6:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
Elkay3:
Should the word "beating" b there? Or "tapping"? Let everyone understand their message first.

Beating or tapping...none should be propagated by a so called holy book relied upon by many people... that is how they subtly encourage violence that leads to terrorism...

3 Likes

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by Elkay3: 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2017
johnson232:

Beating or tapping...none should propagated by a so called holy book relied upon by many people... that is how they subtly encourage violence that leads to terrorism...

What if people do it without the books saying so?
Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by johnson232: 6:35pm On Apr 18, 2017
Elkay3:

What if people do it without the books saying so?
Sure people will always do what pleases them....whether right or wrong..
But there is nothing to defend....someone provided the passage above....

But as christians & muslims the bible & quran is our ultimate guide. Anything written in there should not to be link to violence in any way. A holy book justifying a man to beat his wife is indirectly encouraging violence. Even the society frown against any form of violence...talk more of a holy book written by a prophet. Now i know why all terrorits are muslim. Islam is deeply rooted in violence... I am sure there are part that encourage men to fight...

See how peaceful pure christian countries are...can we say same for muslim communities.....

2 Likes

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by Elkay3: 6:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
johnson232:

Sure people will always do what pleases them....whether right or wrong..

But as christians & muslims the bible & quran is our ultimate guide. Anything written in there should not to be link to violence in any way. A holy book justifying a man to beat his wife is indirectly encouraging violence. Even the society frown against any form of violence...talk more of a holy book written by a prophet. Now i know why all terrorits are muslim. Islam is deeply rooted in violence... I am sure there are part that encourage men to fight...

See how peaceful pure christian countries are...can we say same for muslim communities.....

You see, the thing is, you and I don't need to argue over this.
But let's look at it from the angle that it is, not as a Muslim or Christian.
If I use a chewing stick on you after you did something you weren't supposed to do, be honest within you, is that called "tapping" or "beating"?
Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by alBHAGDADI: 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
Elkay3:

The tooth brush issue is just a talk by those Muslim women as a way of downplaying the horrific prescription Allah gave. Muslims always lie to make islam appear peaceful, but it is not. ALLAH said BEAT. He didn't say with what instrument. So, it could be with a big stick or with barre Hands. Whichever way is totally wrong and shouldn't be supported by a god talk less of a man. Below are what the Bible says

Colossians 3:19 - Husbands, love [your] wives, and be not bitter against them.

1 Like

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by alBHAGDADI: 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
Elkay3:

You see, the thing is, you and I don't need to argue over this.
But let's look at it from the angle that it is, not as a Muslim or Christian.
If I use a chewing stick on you after you did something you weren't supposed to do, be honest within you, is that called "tapping" or "beating"?
The Quran didn't say that tooth brush or chewing stick should be the instrument to use to beat one's wife. Allah only commanded beating of wife, without stating the manner. Either way, it is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by Elkay3: 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
You don't have to argue with people who from beginning chose a side, determined to haul a stone at you, Muslim or Christian or pagan.
If I start to quote both scriptures, someone may think I'm playing "I too know", while in reality it's from someone who has seen it all.
But, each to his own tent.
Let everyone chose to believe what they believe in.
Let the atheist have their say...
Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by InformedLola(f): 9:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
johnson232:

Corrected: RELIGION is the major problem the world is facing today.
Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by dee02(m): 9:39pm On Apr 18, 2017
johnson232:

u STFU...u know fully well he is saying d truth...

Eat a fuc king di ck you vapid troglodyte
Fu cking brainless twerp
Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by cococandy(f): 11:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
Good for them

2 Likes

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by johnson232: 6:39am On Apr 19, 2017
InformedLola:

Corrected: RELIGION is the major problem the world is facing today.
ISLAM not religion...

1 Like

Re: Beating Your Wife Is A Blessing- Muslim Women by johnson232: 6:42am On Apr 19, 2017
dee02:

Eat a fuc king di ck you vapid troglodyte
Fu cking brainless twerp
I'm not surprise...violence is the only approach known to u...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Familylanders, I desire to start a family but have this major challenge / Hilarious, See What My Daughter Did To Her Christmas Hair(picture) / His Mother In-law Slaps Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.