Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC (22293 Views)

Tell Nigerians What FG Used Borrowed N3tr For, Atiku Asks Buhari / Indications Point To Saraki To Clinch PDP Presidential Ticket / Babangida To Saraki: 'I Will Do To You What Your Father Did To Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by sarrki(m): 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2017
Senate President Bukola Saraki has said the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), is poorly managing the controversy surrounding the $43million recovered from an apartment in Ikoyi, Lagos.

Saraki, speaking on Arise News Network, stated that the anti-graft agency had a duty to inform Nigerians who the money belonged to.

The Senate President said the whole confusion surrounding the recovered money, was not good for Nigeria’s image and warned that the National Assembly might need to step in.

“I believe this is something simple that the organisation (EFCC) should manage, even before the speculation started coming out. The circus has to come to end as to whether it belongs to individuals, companies, agencies or a state government.

“We, however, believe they will sort it out and eventually tell Nigerians who owns the money. Nigerians deserve to know. The circus must stop,” he said.

When asked if the EFCC made an error by not monitoring the Osborne Towers, Saraki said: “I would rather not comment and prejudge them because they might come before us.

“But clearly, Nigerians must know, to save us this embarrassment. I believe they should come out and tell us who owns the money. I believe an agency like this should monitor and clear this

http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/18/seized-43million-tell-nigerians-money-belongs-saraki-dares-efcc/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by Young03(m): 9:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
Make EFCC continue to dey use us play bet

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by sarrki(m): 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2017
Good talk though

But coming from a criminal is what is of great concern

He only wants to use it to score cheap political relevance

Baba adinni of rogues in the shallower chamber called hallowed chamber

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by modik(m): 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
H. M. M. M.

... .... I can see the cloud of political implosion gathering.

4D mode activated!

3 Likes

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by ephi123(f): 9:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
Buhari and his crew have disgraced themselves publicly, such that even Saraki can open mouth join to talk.

Insincere government.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by OjukwuWarBird: 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2017
sarrki:
Good talk though

Sarrki, can you tell the world who owns the money

I suspect Amaechi and Buhari as the owners

Should we bet

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by yekparikpa(m): 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2017
sarrki:
Good talk though

A patriot indeed.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by AngelicBeing: 9:52pm On Apr 18, 2017
embarassed embarassed embarassed sad sad angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
sarrki:

Senate President Bukola Saraki has said the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), is poorly managing the controversy surrounding the $43million recovered from an apartment in Ikoyi, Lagos.

Saraki, speaking on Arise News Network, stated that the anti-graft agency had a duty to inform Nigerians who the money belonged to.

The Senate President said the whole confusion surrounding the recovered money, was not good for Nigeria’s image and warned that the National Assembly might need to step in.

“I believe this is something simple that the organisation (EFCC) should manage, even before the speculation started coming out. The circus has to come to end as to whether it belongs to individuals, companies, agencies or a state government.

“We, however, believe they will sort it out and eventually tell Nigerians who owns the money. Nigerians deserve to know. The circus must stop,” he said.

When asked if the EFCC made an error by not monitoring the Osborne Towers, Saraki said: “I would rather not comment and prejudge them because they might come before us.

“But clearly, Nigerians must know, to save us this embarrassment. I believe they should come out and tell us who owns the money. I believe an agency like this should monitor and clear this

http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/18/seized-43million-tell-nigerians-money-belongs-saraki-dares-efcc/
See thief talking. What saraki has is a pool of dollars which if discovered, would shock the world. Somebody close to him said what he had is enough to finance Nigerian budget for 2 years. He's run kwara dry as pdp governor. His judgement day is near. If I were magu, the guy he refused to clear on the floor of the senate, I'd just keep mum at his rants. By the way, I'm still wondering why jonathan who was said to have approved the funds for the NIA had decided to keep mute on the matter, when others alleged to have have a hand in the stashed money had since spoken. I smell a rat here.

10 Likes

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by serverconnect(m): 10:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ask PMB, he knows who owns the money.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by unikprince(m): 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2017
It belongs to Amu-echi ;DIt belongs to Amu-echi

33 Likes

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by gberra: 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2017
Saraki the corrupt ass couldn't ask EFCC investigate the custom-seized SUV at #298million but would rather arrange kangaroo committee to clear his ass.

Igbos always lie.

3 Likes

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by gberra: 10:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Sarrki, can you tell the world who owns the money

I suspect Amaechi and Buhari as the owners

Should we bet
ephi123:
Buhari and his crew have disgraced themselves publicly, such that even Saraki can open mouth join to talk.

Insincere government.
Silence!! IPob Cowards

4 Likes

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by LocalChamp: 11:20pm On Apr 18, 2017
SARAKI, THE FACE OF CORRUPTION. NIGERIANS KNOW YOU ARE A THIEF & CROOK.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
Saraki always on point

What is the mystery about?

Another example of Magu's incompetence

7 Likes

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by MXrep: 12:03am On Apr 19, 2017
buhari is a .......

16 Likes

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by successmatters(m): 3:28am On Apr 19, 2017
A government investigation agency with all the men and resources before them cannot find something as simple as the owner of an occupied flat?

Damn!

6 Likes

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by Mjshexy(f): 5:10am On Apr 19, 2017
I wonder why this particular one is taking so much time to be exposed, please reveal the culprit and save us the unnecessary state of imbroglio...

6 Likes

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by Leebeedo(m): 5:59am On Apr 19, 2017
awelekiti:
See thief talking. What saraki has is a pool of dollars which if discovered, would shock the world. Somebody close to him said what he had is enough to finance Nigerian budget for 2 years. He's run kwara dry as pdp governor. His judgement day is near. If I were magu, the guy he refused to clear on the floor of the senate, I'd just keep mum at his rants. By the way, I'm still wondering why jonathan who was said to have approved the funds for the NIA had decided to keep mute on the matter, when others alleged to have have a hand in the stashed money had since spoken. I smell a rat here.

Ignore the messenger and face the message. What's difficult in telling Nigerians who owns the money or at least who owns the apartment?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by hucienda: 6:13am On Apr 19, 2017
Thank you M. Senate President.

Now, since your party is in power, that should be easy for them to do.

'cos the longer the charade goes on, the more your party's administration at the centre becomes a not-so-funny joke.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by omenkaLives(m): 6:35am On Apr 19, 2017
Seeing that this criminal is still the Senate President leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. I really miss the earlier days of our current democratic experience.
Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by sinistermind(m): 6:55am On Apr 19, 2017
The mystery clouding the ownership of monies discovered in recent times is quite disturbing... Gradually, Yakubu's case has died off. We don't know if he has met the 300million naira bail condition. Now, the airport discovery, balogun market discovery, shopping plaza discovery and now the Ikoyi Discovery is dying a natural death and some buffons will come on here shouting their messiah is fighting corruption.

19 Likes

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by Zebrudaya666: 7:10am On Apr 19, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
Seeing that this criminal is still the Senate President leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. I really miss the earlier days of our current democratic experience.
[/s]

Saraki na Baba not even 10000 pieces of illiterate Buhari can remove him

kiss the truth

6 Likes

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 19, 2017
Leebeedo:

Ignore the messenger and face the message. What's difficult in telling Nigerians who owns the money or at least who owns the apartment?
Don't be in a hurry. Just as Mr yakubu was mentioned by the efcc as the one who kept almost 10m USD in inside a building in a fire-proof safe similar to the one in which the money recovered in ikoyi was kept, the efcc will in like-manner announce the person who kept the money in the apartment in due course. Nigerians are always in a hurry to know things. This is an intelligence issue which should be treated in like-manner. I'm sure you don't know ffk more than I do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 19, 2017
Magu dey fall hands oo

1 Like

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by KingLennon(m): 8:27am On Apr 19, 2017
t
Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 19, 2017
I will start to believe EFCC until they investigate Former Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole.

Nigeria is a joke.

4 Likes

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by yeyeboi(m): 8:27am On Apr 19, 2017
Ok
Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by joeprince23(m): 8:27am On Apr 19, 2017
amaechi lootimi wil know no peace for selling the only power plant in my lga oyigbo(@afam)... ever since he joined APC he has been looting us dey

4 Likes

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by Justbeingreal(m): 8:27am On Apr 19, 2017
All these politicians are just calling Nigerians fools indirectly

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by rozayx5(m): 8:28am On Apr 19, 2017
wink

forget the NIA smoke screen

that money belongs to a powerful APC personality

if that money was anyway linked to a pdp member

it wud have flooded everywhere by now

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 8:28am On Apr 19, 2017
g

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools / APC Wins Katsina Bye-election / ANAMBRA 2021: Dr. Maduka On The Verge Of History As PDP Decides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.