Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. (21574 Views)

Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo / Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" / Arewa Consultative Forum Worried Over Dangote, BUA Feud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Baze1(m): 4:21am On Apr 19, 2017
DANGOTE Flour Mills, yesterday, announced it has exited its noodles business and has sold the assets of Dangote Noodles to Dufil Prima Foods, makers of Indomie noodles. The company said in a statement that its regular business portfolio review reveal that the noodle business was not strategic to its vision.
It stated, “As part of its regular business portfolio review, Dangote Flour Mills (DFM) has exited its noodles business as it does not consider it strategic. The company has sold the assets of Dangote Noodles to Dufil Prima Foods, makers of Indomie noodles. To smoothen the transition, DFM has offered Dufil the use of some of its facilities on an interim basis. The noodles business was part of Dangote Flour Mills which the Dangote Group recently re-acquired from Tiger Brands.”
Group Managing Director, Dangote Flour Mills, Thabo Mabo, said the divestment was part of strategies of focusing on core areas of flour and pasta production where the company has substantial market share. He said that with the divestment, Dangote Flour will now focus on its strengths in flour and pasta and become more profitable by improving in areas of quality, distribution and marketing.
Mabo said,“The transaction which became effective last Monday is a win-win situation for Dangote Flour Mills, Dufil Prima Foods and staff of Dangote Noodles, as Dangote Flour stands to boost more market presence through robust marketing.”
He described the sale and transfer of assets as one of the most perfect divestments, with Dufil Prima Foods taking possession and kicking off production immediately, stressing, “Under the terms of sales agreement, Dufil Prima Foods, will continue to produce and sell noodles under the brand name, ‘Dangote Noodles’ for two years before changing the brand name.”
Chief Executive Officer, Dufil Prima Foods, Deepak Singhal, confirmed the deal and described the acquisition of Dangote Noodles as strategic as they continue to seek more dominance of the noodles market.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/dangote-flour-divests-noodles-business-cedes-assets-dufil/

2 Likes

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Baze1(m): 4:24am On Apr 19, 2017
My take is that Dangote and his business handlers are on the right track. We all know that Indomie is king in the noodles market. As quoted in the story,it's a win win situation for both parties.

Seun obinnau lalastical mynd44 what do you guys think?

32 Likes

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Nobody: 4:31am On Apr 19, 2017
dangote get noddles products too cry

my first time actually hearing this , who has the picture of dangote noodles should share please

The type of noodles I know is indomie noodles ooo the ones in different packages like hungry man size , family pack etc

which one is dangote noodles again

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Baze1(m): 4:37am On Apr 19, 2017
RicardozRichard:
dangote get noddles products too cry

my first time actually hearing this , who has the picture of dangote noodles should share please

The type of noodles I know is indomie noodles ooo the ones in different packages like hungry man size , family pack etc

which one is dangote noodles again

30 Likes

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Nobody: 4:44am On Apr 19, 2017
[quote author=Baze1 post=55697087][/quote]

oh ok thanks ...

I have quite seen this before and I think I have tasted it too , can't remember ...

I may not be the only one strange on this ..truly they took the right step .. indomie noodles has dominated the noodles industry and I believe it's a wise choice DFM took . interesting

was indomie first producing noodles before dangote started producing theirs ...?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by joseo: 4:52am On Apr 19, 2017
so dangote can also sell his company abi? ......well it's not functioning as it is suppose to.

3 Likes

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Davash222(m): 5:02am On Apr 19, 2017
In Nigeria every noodle is term INDOMIE. good decision by Dangote, if you ask me.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by GogetterMD(m): 6:02am On Apr 19, 2017
After striving hard to break into the market and disrupts indomies monopoly, only to realise it couldn't be sustained

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by decatalyst(m): 6:22am On Apr 19, 2017
Dangote Noddles try hard to muscle indomie in the market but Indomie don capture the taste bud and heart of its customers.

.If it is not indomie, it is not indomie!

#TeamIndomie grin grin

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Acidosis(m): 6:32am On Apr 19, 2017
That's truly a strategic move.
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Destined2win: 6:35am On Apr 19, 2017
Thabo is always strategic is his business executions
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by dingbang(m): 6:47am On Apr 19, 2017
They should even sell their spaghetti production... Its so whack..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Baze1(m): 6:49am On Apr 19, 2017
RicardozRichard:

was indomie first producing noodles before dangote started producing theirs ...?

Yes

2 Likes

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Baze1(m): 6:51am On Apr 19, 2017
decatalyst:
Dangote Noddles try hard to muscle indomie in the market but Indomie don capture the taste bud and heart of its customers.

.If it is not indomie, it is not indomie!

#TeamIndomie grin grin

As Indomie will say... The difference is in the Taste

15 Likes

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Homeboiy: 6:51am On Apr 19, 2017
Dat Dangote noodles wey b say if u de cook am, e go de swell like buns

good idea sha

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 19, 2017
Baze1:
DANGOTE Flour Mills, yesterday, announced it has exited its noodles business and has sold the assets of Dangote Noodles to Dufil Prima Foods, makers of Indomie noodles.

It takes humility and common sense to do this.

The typical African businessman will NEVER admit he may not be the best person to run that business he started.

I wish more businesses in Africa will realize when it makes sense to transfer their assets to better hands.

It will help leave a better legacy to the younger generation.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by rozayx5(m): 6:56am On Apr 19, 2017
good

their noodles were disaster

4 Likes

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by ikp120(m): 6:56am On Apr 19, 2017
Very good!
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 19, 2017
Homeboiy:
Dat Dangote noodles wey b say if u de cook am, e go de swell like buns

good idea sha
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Sharon6(f): 6:57am On Apr 19, 2017
Nice one. Indomie still remains the noodles king in Nigeria!

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by soberdrunk(m): 6:57am On Apr 19, 2017
Kudos to Dufil Prima!! The first company to survive Dangotes 'Monopolistic wrath', i hope their lawyers read the fine print 'very well' to avoid any future manipulations/aggressive takeovers because i dont trust Dangote ooo...... angry

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by mikeycharles(m): 6:57am On Apr 19, 2017
It's healthier and better to eat eba and soup than to eat
over processed noodles smiley

29 Likes

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 6:57am On Apr 19, 2017
Better for them o... Cos any other noodles na nonsense.
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 19, 2017
Who even eat dangote noodles?I have not seen it with my eyes.Even mai chai no dey sell dangote noodles.
mikeycharles:
B
soberdrunk:
angry
TINALETC3:
undecided I hvnt seen Dangote noodles b4, where ws he selling his

1 Like

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by ovokooo: 6:58am On Apr 19, 2017
It's about time. Dangote think that just because he has money, he can venture into any food business without doing his due dilligence and understanding the business. he should not forget to sell off Dangote spargetti too cos it's crap.

10 Likes

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Biggty(m): 6:58am On Apr 19, 2017
That is really good i eat there noodles once and it was like eating a starchy spaghetti

1 Like

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by viexcey(f): 6:59am On Apr 19, 2017
Na because Dangote noodles are wack, taste awful too

6 Likes

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by charleff512(m): 6:59am On Apr 19, 2017
Noodles like no other.Bravo Indomie!
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by TINALETC3(f): 7:00am On Apr 19, 2017
undecided I hvnt seen Dangote noodles b4, where ws he selling his
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 19, 2017
soberdrunk:
Kudos to Dufil Prima!! The first company to survive Dangotes 'Monopolistic wrath'....... angry
Dangote no fit manipulate this one like he did to otedola business.

9 Likes

Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by toseen7: 7:01am On Apr 19, 2017
Good move........ Indomie ni baba gbogbo won.
Re: Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. by mikeycharles(m): 7:02am On Apr 19, 2017
Love Machine:
Who even eat dangote noodles?I have not seen it with my eyes.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bringing Starbucks To Nigeria? What Do You Think? / Where Can I Buy Cheap Live Goats In The North To Sell? / Central Bank Of Nigeria Commences Sale Of Chinese Yuan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.