Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,270 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi (13717 Views)

"Collect APC Money In Jesus Name And Vote PDP" - Dino Melaye / 'Vote PDP And Die' Threat In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Photo) / 2019: Why Nigerians Must Not Vote PDP - Tinubu Reveals Reason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 5:10am On Apr 19, 2017
Ebonyi State governor and chairman, South East Governors’ forum, David Umahi, yesterday said he and his supporters will not vote along party lines in 2019 general election.

Umahi, who is currently a governor on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), ruled out the possibility of him voting the party’s candidate come 2019.

He said the state would vote for a presidential candidate that would help develop the state irrespective of his or her political affiliation.

According to him, the state will not play politics of sentiments in the 2019 presidential election.
Mr. Umahi spoke at the government house, Abakaliki, during a meeting with traditional rulers and town union presidents in the state.

“When it comes to presidency, we no dey do party,” he said. “It is the man that will help us to develop this state, that’s the man we will support. But for governorship, national assembly and state assembly don’t go there. Nobody will touch it. for presidency, we will negotiate, we will like the person to discuss with our traditional rulers as stakeholders.”

Mr. Umahi’s party, PDP, is Nigeria’s largest opposition party, although it led the country for 16 years: 1999-2016.

Although it is currently factionalised, the PDP, or whatever it transforms to become, is expected to be the main challenger to Nigeria’s ruling APC in the 2019 presidential elections.

Mr. Umahi’s statement, in a state traditionally considered a PDP state, may indicate the party will have a lot to do if it wants to win the 2019 elections.
The governor, who called on the traditional rulers to mobilise residents for Saturday’s local government and councillorship elections, noted that the state was targeting one million voters in the election.

“As traditional rulers, we cannot tell you to vote for this party or that party but you have the responsibility to knack the gong and make it compulsory that nobody goes to market, nobody goes to farm on the election day.

“You have to go and knack the gong and you have powers and authority to do that. In the north, it is the traditional rulers that determine the course of politics and I will give you people that role. So, don’t shy away from politics for the peace of Ebonyi state

http://www.leadership.ng/news/581869/i-wont-vote-pdp-presidential-candidate-in-2019-gov-umahi

4 Likes

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 5:12am On Apr 19, 2017
Fayose, Omockery and Fani kayode the betrayal have

caused more harm to pdp than the life chairman with pl

Politics of bitterness and hatred

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by opalu: 5:12am On Apr 19, 2017
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by Davash222(m): 5:16am On Apr 19, 2017
sarrki:
Fayose, Omockery and Fani kayode the betrayal have

caused more harm to pdp than the life chairman with pl

Politics of bitterness and hatred

15 Likes

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by Qmerit(m): 5:16am On Apr 19, 2017
Lolz... Your body is PDP and your soul is not...some would call you hypocrite here if you should say such as a NL.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by mikeycharles(m): 5:23am On Apr 19, 2017
Yes, that's the kind of mindset I want politicians to have, forget about the party and ask yourself; Is this person competent, can he transform the country, is the progress of the country his first priority and lastly is he of good character.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by Splashme: 5:25am On Apr 19, 2017
One of Umahi's close aides was my colleague and I had asked him about his oga's romance with Aso Rock and he told me:

Dave Umahi (just like Obiano of Anambra) is constructing 3 massive flyover bridges (Obiano is doing 4) including taking over many other FG-owned projects costing several billions of naira in Abakaliki approved for their states by GEJ.

They need refunds from the FG. It is not that Buhari is good or performing but they have to play along in order to have FG refund the huge billions spent on federal projects in their states

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 5:31am On Apr 19, 2017
Umahi have said it severally that come 2019 if pmb

Decides to contest he will go all out to campaign for him

This is what I call a focused and sincere Nigerian

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by mikeycharles(m): 5:33am On Apr 19, 2017
sarrki:

hmmmm
Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 5:34am On Apr 19, 2017
mikeycharles:
hmmmm

#we stand with sherrif the life chairman

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 5:35am On Apr 19, 2017
mikeycharles:
Yes, that's the kind of mindset I want politicians to have, forget about the party and ask yourself; Is this person competent, can he transform the country, is the progress of the country his first priority and lastly is he he good character.

You are a patriot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by mykeljosef: 5:35am On Apr 19, 2017
this is the major reason i hate Nigerians

we attach sentiment when we should attach sense

we need proper electoral process

we need to learn from USA

months of debates should be held

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by kahal29: 5:37am On Apr 19, 2017
Ghen Ghen

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 5:39am On Apr 19, 2017
kahal29:
Ghen Ghen

Wailers will wail till eternity

Baba 2days

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 5:40am On Apr 19, 2017
Splashme:
Now, this is the reason:

Dave Umahi (just like Obiano of Anambra) is constructions 3 massive flyover bridges (Obiano is doing 4) costing several billion naira on federal roads approved for their states by GEJ.

They need refunds from the FG. It is not that Buhari is good or performing but they have to play along in order to have FG refund the huge billions spent on federal projects in their states

A divisive wailer

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by Kingsley10000: 5:44am On Apr 19, 2017
He has said it all...part of the economic recession plaguing us now was caused by pdp,it's better we vote for a foreign president than voting pdp again

5 Likes

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by kahal29: 5:45am On Apr 19, 2017
sarrki:

Wailers will wail till eternity

Baba 2days

Hahahahaha. They are in for a long tin

3 Likes

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by sarrki(m): 5:46am On Apr 19, 2017
kahal29:

Hahahahaha. They are in for a long tin

Yes ooo

There camp is getting hotter

3 Likes

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by Baawaa(m): 6:08am On Apr 19, 2017
Ebonyi State governor and chairman, South East Governors’ forum, David Umahi, yesterday said he and his supporters will not vote along party lines in 2019 general election.

Umahi, who is currently a governor on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), ruled out the possibility of him voting the party’s candidate come 2019.

He said the state would vote for a presidential candidate that would help develop the state irrespective of his or her political affiliation
mykeljosef:
this is the major reason i hate Nigerians

we attach sentiment when we should attach sense

if a better candidate is from PDP you'll vote a different person
just coz he isn't from pdp

we need proper electoral process

we need to learn from USA

months of debates should be held
It is you that CORRUPTIONS has damaged your brain,read the post again and again grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by kasheemawo(m): 6:28am On Apr 19, 2017
cheesy iPod cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by Adminisher: 6:31am On Apr 19, 2017
Splashme:
One of Umahi's close aides was my colleague and I had asked him about his oga's romance with Aso Rock and he told me:

Dave Umahi (just like Obiano of Anambra) is constructing 3 massive flyover bridges (Obiano is doing 4) including many other federal projects costing several billions of naira in Abakaliki approved for their states by GEJ.

Approved by GEJ at oil price $104 a barrel but not done by GEJ. Okay

27 Likes

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by omowolewa: 6:31am On Apr 19, 2017
How many vote does he has?

1 Like

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by Realist2: 6:33am On Apr 19, 2017
sarrki:

oga sarrki degboro, where did he said that ?, as far as i know, APC is a non grata and can't win even a ward in Ebonyi state. Ask Onu (minister of science and Tech.) about the botched Technology school he intends to build in Ebonyi and when last he visited his home.
Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by Jabioro: 6:41am On Apr 19, 2017
We are having uncommon democracy at hand..
Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by rusher14: 6:51am On Apr 19, 2017
omowolewa:
How many vote does he has?

Same was asked of OBJ the result we've seen today.

4 Likes

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by Tallesty1(m): 6:59am On Apr 19, 2017
Kingsley10000:
He has said it all...part of the economic recession plaguing us now was caused by pdp,it's better we vote for a foreign president than voting pdp again
You agreed that he said it all yet you typed this?

The man said "forget party and vote for the right man" and you're here blaming PDP for the recession in the country. Did PDP hand over to Buhari in 1983?

If you agreed to what the man said then the rest of your comment is useless and let it not be like I am insulting you but truth be told, whoever hates PDP and loves APC is a very foolish person because majority of the people in APC are the same people that destroyed Nigeria under PDP.

Sometimes I wonder how Amaechi, Obasanjo etc feel when Buhari say to their face that PDP destroyed Nigeria??

Like seriously bro, who's PDP? It's unfortunate that we allow these old men to divide and deceive us with party names.

If APC breaks up today, some of their members will form a new party and blame APC for Nigeria's problems and you will still believe them.

PATHETIC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by gudnex22(m): 7:02am On Apr 19, 2017
Likewise to APC we are forming a new political party for the youth
Enough is Enough

1 Like

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by gudnex22(m): 7:02am On Apr 19, 2017
Likewise to APC we are forming a new political party for the youth
Enough is Enough

Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by KingLennon(m): 7:59am On Apr 19, 2017
tt
Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by talk2archy: 7:59am On Apr 19, 2017
when you have destroyd the party already
Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 7:59am On Apr 19, 2017
h
Re: I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi by yeyeboi(m): 7:59am On Apr 19, 2017
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Departs Nigeria For Britain Tomorrow / Court Summons IGP Adamu Over Contempt / Buhari: l Will Ensure A President Is Elected By A Peaceful/Transparent Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.