Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? (25719 Views)

What Could Be Wrong? / RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers / Please Help: My Computer Cannot Detect Wifi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by iluvdonjazzy: 8:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
koseepaaro:
OP, before you conclude that you need to replace your laptop screen, I'll advise you to carry out one thing. And the thing I want you to do is that you should get a flat screen monitor to confirm whether all will be okay after you change the screen of your laptop. If you check all the ports on your laptop, you should see VGA port among them. Please, connect any flat screen monitor to that VGA port (on your laptop) and power on the flat screen monitor and then your laptop that's showing white screen. Note: if nothing still shows on that flat screen monitor, just hold down 'Fn' key (close to 'ctrl key' and then press 'F4' key on your laptop keyboard until you see something display on the flat screen monitor that you connected to the laptop. Good luck to you.
nice 1
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by opribo(m): 8:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
If the screen isn't broken then check the flex cable connecting the monitor, if that doesnt work take it to a computer engineer.
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by ipobarecriminals: 8:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
u people are free to abuse the op,nothing do him.it is what he can afford /get that he use,He is not a THIEF/YAHOO PLUS gang.He probably use his lappy to watch film,Dj,downloading stuff. Those of u throwing abusive @ him should upload ur living room/kitchen pictures here.Some go even wear 1 underwear for one week and still dey sagging. Nonsense. koseepaaro,God bless u.pls,if u are within the op reach,let him come and meet u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by vikeyz(m): 8:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
This one weak me sha, anyways, na them them
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by redcliff: 8:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
My first laptop.. 2007 damn!
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by wonlasewonimi: 8:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
It has turned to ghost.
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by Vokians(m): 8:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
If it is not screen problem then try this: turn of the laptop. Then turn it on and immediately tap F2 button continuously(before screen display) until set up menu display. Follow the rest instruction to reboot the system. If this does not work out, take your lapi to a technician.
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by naijacampu(m): 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
Please how old is this laptop?
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by Officialkenshin(m): 8:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
TheTrueSeeker:
And you even had the effrontery to display that obsolete and archaic lappy here ebi?

Even on a plastic bucket? Oh NO...!!!

hahahahaahahahahahhahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahah
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by ipobarecriminals: 8:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
redcliff:
My first laptop.. 2007 damn!
And so what oooo?Nah person still dey drive 504 pijo about. Mind u,I still have that white and black TV with knob/stero radio in my house . whether it is 1950 lappy, as long as it work/the new ones is beyond his reach,nothing do him
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by Ourown(m): 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
Please, can someone confirm if huawei E303 modem is crackable (glo bolt)
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by muller101(m): 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
muthm:
I suspect the screen may be damaged. That is the most probable issue.

It could be the RAM too.

not the ram.
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by blackbelt(m): 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2017
d hard drive was probably destroyed during the crash
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
Thanks everyone for your contribution.. All fingers are not equal, I wish I could get another one but I just can't go and steal it, I don't even a source of income to. I'm just using the lappy for graphic designs practice to improve my skills wen it fell, like someone said an "expensive drop" well I don't even know how to go about what is to be done. Thanks Mod, thumbs up!
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by naturefellow(m): 9:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
Topiipii:

Follow this poster's advice.
I'm doubtful of OPs possession of, or easy access to any of the diagnostic tools suggested by poster. Honestly!
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 19, 2017
peacettw:
This might sound ridiculous and it probably is but I have found that a little heartfelt prayer works wonders in reviving my laptop whenever it starts acting funny. But then again, I have everything in that device backed up in the clouds and external hard drive so I am quite willing to wait for God's answer first.
Interesting. . .very interesting. . .
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by TheTrueSeeker: 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
Tosinex:
Thanks everyone for your contribution.. All fingers are not equal, I wish I could get another one but I just can't go and steal it, I don't even a source of income to. I'm just using the lappy for graphic designs practice to improve my skills wen it fell, like someone said an "expensive drop" well I don't even know how to go about what is to be done. Thanks Mod, thumbs up!

I didn't mean that to ridicule you my brother, I started with just one old 'desktop' not even a lappy back in the day too. Today, I can afford much more by the special grace of God. Keep it up bro, sometimes we need these kind of jabs to get us up the ladder so though i may not withdraw my comment above but i wish you would be inspired the more by it.

Cheers..!!
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by peacettw: 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Interesting. . .very interesting. . .
cheesy
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
TheTrueSeeker:

I didn't mean that to ridicule you my brother, I started with just one old 'desktop' not even a lappy back in the day too. Today, I can afford much more by the special grace of God. Keep it up bro, sometimes we need these kind of jabs to get us up the ladder so though i may not withdraw my comment above but i wish you would be inspired the more by it.

Cheers..!!
bros no worries.. My daily pains are more than these, and yet I haven't quit, I believe someday my story will change for the better! Am grateful!
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by psalmmycapo(m): 9:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
just do the vga stuff i believe that would be better :Djust do the vga stuff i believe that would be better gud luck

1 Like

Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by Jakama90(m): 9:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
It is not a screen issue.. The laptop looks like Window XP HP computer if am correct?
It is a disc problem.

1 Like

Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by yommexe(m): 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2017
Don't buy new screen yet, get to open the screen and fix the flex tight again it ll work.... the problem isn't the screen.... if u dnt know how to do that take it to engineer but they ll deceive u to buy screen and repair the one there for yu... #Wiseup

1 Like

Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by ephi123(f): 9:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
It's ridiculous that people who have no solution to provide are the ones taking cheap shots at OP. Never despise the days of small beginnings.

3 Likes

Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by namuguibe(m): 9:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
Abiku has entered inside
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by ajimotoke(m): 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
if is showing white screen. the problem is from the module.........take it to an engineer let them change the module
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
Jakama90:
It is not a screen issue.. The laptop looks like Window XP HP computer if am correct?
It is a disc problem.
okay, I'll check
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by Brunosamel(m): 10:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
u people are free to abuse the op,nothing do him.it is what he can afford /get that he use,He is not a THIEF/YAHOO PLUS gang.He probably use his lappy to watch film,Dj,downloading stuff. Those of u throwing abusive @ him should upload ur living room/kitchen pictures here.Some go even wear 1 underwear for one week and still dey sagging. Nonsense. koseepaaro,God bless u.pls,if u are within the op reach,let him come and meet u
guy i dey you back... you hit the jack pot

1 Like

Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by Brunosamel(m): 10:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
Three thing are involved
Module,
Flex
Screen,
You can also try this to see if it can work.
Switch the laptop of remove the battery and hold the power buttonfor 30- 60 seconds put the battery back and and see if it works for you. Laptop is costly nowadays

1 Like

Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by VickyRotex(f): 11:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
dfrost:

op lemme translate for you:

Your laptop wants a brother/sister/younger one/another sibling/new one. Make your choice. wink

lol grin grin grin Thanks for translating for the Op!
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by DJMicky(m): 11:17pm On Apr 19, 2017
How I wish I can help, only if i can lay my hands on that laptop, I'm pretty sure it gonna work
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by Freeman50(m): 11:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
koseepaaro:
OP, before you conclude that you need to replace your laptop screen, I'll advise you to carry out one thing. And the thing I want you to do is that you should get a flat screen monitor to confirm whether all will be okay after you change the screen of your laptop. If you check all the ports on your laptop, you should see VGA port among them. Please, connect any flat screen monitor to that VGA port (on your laptop) and power on the flat screen monitor and then your laptop that's showing white screen. Note: if nothing still shows on that flat screen monitor, just hold down 'Fn' key (close to 'ctrl key' and then press 'F4' key on your laptop keyboard until you see something display on the flat screen monitor that you connected to the laptop. Good luck to you.
nice comment papi. Poster also remember to press the caplock and check if the light shows.....if it shows, implies that system is normal. Better still take it to the engineers to do the needful.
Re: Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? by mcgift(m): 12:51am On Apr 20, 2017
koseepaaro:

said it all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boluwatife Aiki-Raji Appointed By Twitter As Lead Software Engineer / How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 / 4 Email Etiquettes Most People Ignore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.