Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo (16925 Views)

A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / Dana Air To Fly US Based Doctors On Free Medical Mission To Uyo… / See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Gerrard59(m): 3:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
Immorttal:
thank you, i was once in uyo 8 years ago for business trip and was surprised by the orderliness of the residents. Traffics and street light with good road network. Uyo is very neat. I was planning to relocate to calabar but the issue of security concerns is bothering me, i currently stay in Aba and security is the chief reason of my relocation. Calabar would have been best though. Do you stay at Uyo?

First bolded, Uyo is NEAT by Nigerian standards. No place in Nigeria is neat - as the word denotes.

Second bolded, Calabar state of insecurity is next to Iraq. It is hell there, they train cultists for a living. If you want to judge, compare cultists' activities across higher institutions in the South South Region, and you will see that tertiary institutions in Akwa Ibom have less preponderance of cultists' menace than her sister states.

Yes, I do. If you intend relocating, like in any other place, have a stable source of income.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Nicepoker(m): 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
Immorttal:
What is the security condition of this city, somebody reply me abeg, looking for a city to relocate.
security is top notch

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by chiraqDemon(m): 3:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
Neldrizzy:
I love Uyo, I was there 4 months ago, spend about 3days ( stayed at calabar ikot road)

I love their food, but I make sure I didn't eat any meat all through my stay cheesy

Their roads is superb.

Their security agencies Are amazing.

For the wobé people, make sure you don't take any hard drugs with you. They don't joke with it there. ( I will reserve my experience with them till another day).
Fashe dah drug ish jhoor
I de waka my schoolbag dey full of bottles of drugs ,cards of drugs ,wraps of weed
Nothin dey
Besides if dem nab u na just to money up tho sometimes u might lose d goods u r carrying
Sha my town de come up
Next 50yrs uyo go don set die
Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by chiraqDemon(m): 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
KOBOJO:
This Op.., you must be a learner !!

So after mentioning all those things upandan.,you forget to include ....

...chilling out at a local bush bar to dissect a 404 (dog) meat and flush it down with fresh natural palmwine..
Even some of the hot drink wey dm de mix
One shot glass fih carry person throway

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by chiraqDemon(m): 3:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
quadreyatom:

Guy, Your head is there!!!

I'm enjoying my service in Uyo walahi Talahi!!!!
U don hang out for udo udoma b4?
That park wey trees dey and playground dey
E de nice for night

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
kaiii, c over hypingg,,,, uyo is fairly dead, just very normal nothing outrageous,, but the state has good road network, calm nd neat

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by chiraqDemon(m): 4:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
Immorttal:
thank you, i was once in uyo 8 years ago for business trip and was surprised by the orderliness of the residents. Traffics and street light with good road network. Uyo is very neat. i was planning to relocate to calabar but the issue of security concerns is bothering me, i currently stay in Aba and security is the chief reason of my relocation. Calabar would have been best though. Do you stay at Uyo?
Uyo is very safe
U will rarely hear stories of robberies and no cult clashes
D emergency services are good too at least d fire service and police are good enuff
Traffic is orderly(one of the easiest and least stressful places to drive in naija even tho d kekes can b very annoying but well..)
Very nice town, u can find quiet neighbourhoods to live in
Only problem is electricity in some areas is poor but its good in most areas of the town(u can get up to 15 houra of electricty daily in some areas too)so u just have to research n get a house in a lit up area
And also if u r someone that is interested in highness dont fret, with time (less than a month) u can build connections that can cinnect u with dealers. grin

The rest of what uyo has to offer is in other comments grin
grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by exclusive1758(m): 4:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
Cool city were i based since, im really enjoying the state. Crime free

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by chiraqDemon(m): 4:21pm On Apr 19, 2017
Mayaa04:
kaiii, c over hypingg,,,, uyo is fairly dead, just very normal nothing outrageous,, but the state is fine nd neat
Ay u tryna beef ma city? shocked
Ay nikkas somebody beefin our city
Yo girl u cant come here nomo cos any nikka see u he gon buss atchu

But seriously now, how u go beef uyo like that, uyo aint dead tho it can be boring for the baeless n the broke

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Skybee1(m): 4:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
The most prefer destination to live n invest in Nigeria rite nw

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by 99foxxy(f): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2017
Presently in this beautiful town, I kinda like the city. Eket next on line by tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by iykmon: 5:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
Opinionated:
Uyo is a local government area and the capital of Akwa Ibom state – ‘Land Of Promise’, a major oil producing state. An activity-packed destination featuring culture, outdoor activities, fine museums, attractions and miles of beaches, Uyo presents a picture of enchanting coastal, mangrove forest, beautiful sand beach resorts, and other interesting places one can visit. Whether you’re an adventure seeker, movie lover, golfer, foodie, shopaholic or collector of random facts, you will find there are so many things to do while visiting. And if you are worried you would get bored eventually, Jumia Travel Africa’s No.1 online hotel booking site offers 5 ways to spice up your trip to Uyo.

Spend some time playing Golf

Le Méridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort is one of the most beautiful hotels in Nigeria as a whole and definitely the most prestigious destination within Uyo city. Aside from the lodging space, restaurants, and bars, the Golf resort stands out as an ideal location for any golf enthusiast and professional alike. The lush greens of the world class 18 hole golf course, creates the right atmosphere for the most challenging memorable golfing experience. Visit the resort and experience a breathtaking view and Tee-off on West Africa’s Premier lush green Golf Resort. The rates start from N34,500 per room per night in the Deluxe Room or N37,500 per room per night in the Executive Room and the packages include: unlimited Golf and complimentary internet access.

Go shopping at Ibom Plaza

Spend the afternoon browsing the incredible deals at Ibom plaza on your fun-filled excursion to Uyo. Along the way, make a stop at the intriguing monument which symbolizes the unity of the people of Akwa Ibom state and keep your eyes peeled for some famous local personalities. The Ibom Plaza also has an open theater and a double-rolled water fountain within the Plaza. Aside from shopping at its shopping centre, you get an opportunity to appreciate modern history, as the unique thing about Ibom Plaza is that it stands out as the first-of-its-kind in the history of city modernization in Nigeria.

Go meet someone at the Ibom Tropicana Entertainment Center

Created in the image of Sun City of South Africa and the famous Disneyland in Orlando, Florida, USA, the Ibom Tropicana Entertainment Centre is a marvel. The center, which is a modern leisure and business resort, stuns every visitor. There is usually a crowd at this location and most times, you are bound to make an acquaintance while strolling through its myriad corridors. Meeting someone new is a good way to create fun memories of any place. All you need is your purse and possibly a selfie stick for picture perfect moments.

Go sight seeing

This may sound boring as it is a basic tourist activity, but with Uyo, it can yield a rewarding experience. Visit the National Museum in Uyo L.G.A to view some of the finest carvings, relics, artifacts, and other valuable antiquities such as masquerade costumes, traditional instruments, and pottery; the Ibom International Stadium an all-seater national sports stadium home to the Nigerian Super Eagles as well as a center for various social, cultural, and religious events; Lord Lugard’s residence; the Presbyterian church; and so many other interesting sites. You are bound to learn so much more about the city, its history, culture and way of life.

Explore Ibeno Beach

A 30 km-long beach of clean sea sand, Ibeno beach is a destination in Uyo that attracts visitors not just from neighboring states and cities, but tourists from outside the country on a regular basis. This beautiful sand beach provides recreational facilities with excellent opportunities for water sports. A couple of similar beaches are at Ikot Abasi, Abadia, Nwaniba, and Oron. If you are not keen on doing anything hectic, such as surfing, you can just

https://www.nairaland.com/1256550/uyo-city-peace-beauty-pictures

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Maski87: 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
TroubleMaker47:
Uyo. Besides girls.. uyo is a quite boring city! angry
So my guy what else do you want,if not girls
Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by quadreyatom(m): 6:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
chiraqDemon:
U don hang out for udo udoma b4? That park wey trees dey and playground dey E de nice for night
You mean discovery park?
What a baddest place every night with soft music!
Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by chiraqDemon(m): 6:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
Gerrard59:

First bolded, Uyo is NEAT by Nigerian standards. No place in Nigeria is neat - as the word denotes.

Second bolded, Calabar state of insecurity is next to Iraq. It is hell there, they train cultists for a living. If you want to judge, compare cultists' activities across higher institutions in the South South Region, and you will see that tertiary institutions in Akwa Ibom have less preponderance of cultists' menace than her sister states.

Yes, I do. If you intend relocating, like in any other place, have a stable source of income.
Na him b say calabar na calaraq same way vhicago na chiraq
Hoh my God
Na so cali don bad reach?
Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by chiraqDemon(m): 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
quadreyatom:

You mean discovery park?

Yeah na am
Really nice place to chill
I just wish i wasnt such an introvert
Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by tukdi: 7:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
Immorttal:
thank you, i was once in uyo 8 years ago for business trip and was surprised by the orderliness of the residents. Traffics and street light with good road network. Uyo is very neat. i was planning to relocate to calabar but the issue of security concerns is bothering me, i currently stay in Aba and security is the chief reason of my relocation. Calabar would have been best though. Do you stay at Uyo?

Please move Asap to Uyo! grin

Infact, they love strangers more than their people sef! grin

You Stand a chance of making millions of naira in Uyo!

Uyo is very safe! grin

Standard of living is fantastic! grin

They Have good road network ie: you will hardly repair your car! grin

Alot of outsiders that are into business are making good money in Uyo! grin

Cheers!!! grin
Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by akagaba(f): 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
Uyo rocks, the best state in Nig currently. Proudly Akwa Ibom babe

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by tukdi: 7:21pm On Apr 19, 2017
quadreyatom:

You mean discovery park?
Not discovery park o!
He meant d joint along Udo Udoma Avenue, Close to House of Assembly! undecided
Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by megareal: 7:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
PaperLace:
Memories...
I served in Uyo and it was kinda boring at first _ till I got to know my way around town. Le Meridien was the spot we go for chapman and irish potatoes... grin
Night movies @ Ibom Tropicana, that cinema meat pie dey sweet sha.
Ibeno beach, went there twice (very bad road leading to Eket).
Went to the museum once and it was dry, but I used to sit with my friends at the lawn to gist. I bought foodstuffs at Akpanadem, every other at Shop n Save.
Made my hair at Gibbs street off Oron rd, there is also one very nice movie shop at the end of Gibbs street,like say you're heading towards Barracks road.

Then four-lane all the way to Nwaniba!!! That's where we used to race...that road is smooth!! cheesy

Oh, I can never forget Power City church, with their interior lighting like a club house. lipsrsealed

Walahi, you sabi Uyo wella. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by megareal: 7:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
quadreyatom:

You mean discovery park?

No, he's talking about Cenotaph. Mboho Mkparawa grounds. Close to Hse of Assembly .

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Gerrard59(m): 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
chiraqDemon:

Na him b say calabar na calaraq same way vhicago na chiraq
Hoh my God
Na so cali don bad reach?

Extremely bad and the condition keeps deteriorating daily. Those folks shoot anyhow and anywhere on any day like they are practising shooting skills. Shops get locked by 8pm. Don't venture outside. If a university could be attacked and senior officials get killed, injured - how much the ordinary wo(man)? Additionally, the city is dirty and unkempt. Unlike how it was during Duke's tenure. Imoke and the big-headed Ayade are cretinuous fvcktards.

When going there next, go with a handkerchief (to close your nose) and learn how to dodge bullets.

tukdi:

Please move Asap to Uyo! grin

Infact, they love strangers more than their people sef! grin

You Stand a chance of making millions of naira in Uyo!

Uyo is very safe! grin

[/b]Standard of living is fantastic![b] grin

They Have good road network ie: you will hardly repair your car! grin

It is cost of living not standard - which is subjective. The outer roads are good, not the inner ones. But certainly better than the bush tracks in Abia and environs. For money, honestly, there is no much money as compared to Akpabio's tenure - money flowed like Amazon River. Then again, oil sold for $100+.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by chiraqDemon(m): 8:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
Gerrard59:

Extremely bad and the condition keeps deteriorating daily. Those folks shoot anyhow and anywhere on any day like they are practising shooting skills. Shops get locked by 8pm. Don't venture outside. If a university could be attacked and senior officials get killed, injured - how much the ordinary wo(man)? Additionally, the city is dirty and unkempt. Unlike how it was during Duke's tenure. Imoke and the big-headed Ayade are cretinuous fvcktards.

When going there next, go with a handkerchief (to close your nose) and learn how to dodge bullets.

It is cost of living not standard - which is subjective. The outer roads are good, not the inner ones. But certainly better than the bush tracks in Abia and environs. For money, honestly, there is no much money as compared to Akpabio's tenure - money flowed like Amazon River. Then again, oil sold for $100+.
Na im b say who still de live for cali need de prepare him burial money keep in case e happen
But seriously its becoming more and more like detroit and chicago
A friend tokd me once that he is scared of staying there
Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by GoldEnyong(m): 8:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
Haba Uyo should not be for everybody including you.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by ijayebonyi(f): 8:43pm On Apr 19, 2017
Okay o, lemme gather my money and go there

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Merceline(f): 9:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
embarassed I have heard so much about uyo, who will invite me?

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by quadreyatom(m): 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
megareal:

No, he's talking about Cenotaph. Mboho Mkparawa grounds. Close to Hse of Assembly .

I never enter this side ooo

someone gist me about this place last week Friday

I need to find my way there

this Na two lane side now
Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
megareal:

.Walahi, you sabi Uyo wella. grin
Hahaha, my sister I waka o. I knew all the shortcuts. Notable mention: R&R at IBB road, their afang is bae!grin

megareal:

I hate that place, they take orders like say they're doing you a favour. Maybe it's because of the day I went there.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by quadreyatom(m): 10:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
Afang well laced with periwinkle

No doubt, Akwa-Ibom Ayaya!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by mojounited(m): 10:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
Merceline:
embarassed I have heard so much about uyo, who will invite me?
@Marceline, I will :-) Where do you reside currently?

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by mojounited(m): 10:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
quadreyatom:

Afang well laced with periwinkle

No doubt, Akwa-Ibom Ayaya!!!

Yeah, no doubt! The delicacies are superb; white soup and pounded yam with goat meat and stock/dry fish, fisherman soup, ekpang nkukwo, boli and chicken, etc

I no even know wetin carry me come Lagos :-(

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Spice Up Your Trip To Uyo by Merceline(f): 10:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
mojounited:

@Marceline, I will :-) Where do you reside currently?
awka, Anambra state.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel-Laden Tanker Falls, Spills Content On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Video) / Easter 2012 Trip To Enugu State / Anambra Attracts $1.65bn Investments As Oduah Heads Anambra Airport Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.