Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight (21236 Views)

Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case / Aero Contractors Passengers Taking Refuge Under The Aircraft In Abuja / Delta Air Launches Direct New York To Lagos Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight by nan1: 1:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
omo some people go develop sudden hbp for that plane

thank God for safe landing anyway nobody wan die but everybody wan go heaven
Re: Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight by fakati(m): 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
Something must have caused the smoke this you need to explain not where the smoke is coming from Mr. Sanusi ,thank God no loss of life.

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight by linearity: 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
OP, your topic heading is misleading, please correct it.

Aero Contractor simply stated where the smoke started from, they did not mention anything about the cause of the smoke as your heading is insinuating.

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
They said nothing.....they could have well said the plane started from INSIDE the plane and not from outside. I wonder what information they have provided here ?

Scetrocom:

Yes, the man didn't explain the cause if smoke. He said it came from cargo side, but from what exactly? What actually led to fire?
Re: Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight by akigbemaru: 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
SageTravels:
Captain Ado Sanusi, Aero Contractors Managing Director on Wednesday told Channels TV the incident that led to the smoke in the Tuesday evening flight from Port Harcourt International airport to Lagos. The smoke started in the cargo section of the aircraft and got into the cabin through the air-conditioning system. However, the pilot landed safely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lKJUZooF14

Recall that yesterday a female twitter user ORIAKU (OKWESILIEZE) tweeted about the incident as she also thank God for a safe landing.

“Everyone on this Aero Contractor flight could have died today but for God. I’m grateful. Nigerian airports need new directors/ flights.
“God knows I said it that this plane was too old to be functioning in Nigeria before I boarded. At the clinic now getting checked on”

She also said there was no apology or explanation from the management to the passengers. Though, she stated that officials of the Fire Service Emergency Unit were already waiting on the runway as the plane eventually landed safely in Lagos.

http://sagetravels.com/aero-contractors-management-explains-caused-smoke-phc-lagos-flight/
Re: Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight by Kakamorufu(m): 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
so what caused the smoke now. I didn't read anything like that

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight by deolu2000(m): 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
Wailers will still blame buhari for dz o
Re: Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight by wayodude(m): 3:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
this is bad. i mr wayodude, shall never be tempted into flying in Nigeria. Thank you.
Re: Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight by Abee79(m): 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
I expected that by now the NCAA would have released a statement on the incident to assure Nigerians that they are on top of the situation or that they will investigate . . . nothing!!!! Can you imagine?
Re: Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight by Reference(m): 3:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
SageTravels:
Captain Ado Sanusi, Aero Contractors Managing Director on Wednesday told Channels TV the incident that led to the smoke in the Tuesday evening flight from Port Harcourt International airport to Lagos. The smoke started in the cargo section of the aircraft and got into the cabin through the air-conditioning system. However, the pilot landed safely.

Recall that yesterday a female twitter user ORIAKU (OKWESILIEZE) tweeted about the incident as she also thank God for a safe landing.

“Everyone on this Aero Contractor flight could have died today but for God. I’m grateful. Nigerian airports need new directors/ flights.
“God knows I said it that this plane was too old to be functioning in Nigeria before I boarded. At the clinic now getting checked on”

She also said there was no apology or explanation from the management to the passengers. Though, she stated that officials of the Fire Service Emergency Unit were already waiting on the runway as the plane eventually landed safely in Lagos.

http://sagetravels.com/aero-contractors-management-explains-caused-smoke-phc-lagos-flight/

liar. There is no connection between the cargo section and the airconditioning system. The airconditioner takes air directly from the engine through a heat exchanger and filters. Yes, smoke can get into the cabin from anywhere in the aircraft but if it comes via the airconditioner then the smoke is from the engines more likely from oil leakage in the turbine assembly. Smoke from the cargo bay means an onboard fire and to escape that is next to impossible.

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight by ezemoney39(m): 3:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
in a situation like this u go know where ur nebor belongs
Re: Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight by 123papas(m): 3:59pm On Apr 20, 2017
All this jargons have not answered the question. What caused the smoke?
SageTravels:

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight by snipesdam(m): 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Which airline is safe in the this country?

Benin Airways

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight by Mojibola(m): 10:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
ednut1:
shout out to that indian man in the video, he no even panick

Some foreigners don turn ibile o. the guy go be like....nâ today?
Re: Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight by Wallace2107: 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
cheaphost:
The smoke no be small thing oo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJM-PHAdrJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqbtmdhuEhw
aero contractors flight is shit.shld be banned in nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) / Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos / LASG Plans for Closure Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway For 4 Months Repair Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.