Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

See What We Should Do For Atheist Or Agnost - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What We Should Do For Atheist Or Agnost (521 Views)

A True Atheist Or Sceptic Will Believe In Afterlife / Karl Marx - Atheist Or Satanist? The Truth Behind The Curtain. / For Atheist: Come And Tell Us How Man Came Into Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What We Should Do For Atheist Or Agnost by lalabrother: 2:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
You know... I am not even one of the best of Christians but I LOVE the God I serve and when anyone says very unclever things about God, I feel a deep cut, almost like a knife threatening to severe me from both logic and sentiments.

Guys, if you didn't know, know now. Many are mad, only a few are privileged to roam the streets. Just know this and guard your hearts well from people like this.

Been observing a certain lady on this platform. Apparently, she is an atheist, says all sorts of demeaning things about God and one can only wonder what went wrong.
Sometimes I am tempted to comment but I hold my peace, yes, the peace I daily pray for.

So Today, I stumbled on a post from the same person and I felt a sharp pain. I responded to one comment only to realise there were many more like her. They kept springing up like elephant grasses on Sagamu soil saying trash about the God I serve.

Here's what some of them had to say:
" have you noticed you guys are always the ones whining for the so called omnipotent god?

What happened to Mr omnipresent speaking for itself?

Let me say it again, the biblical god is stupid, idiotic, maniacal, murderous and lame, in fact I feel sorry for it.

Make all the adages you want, your biblical god is lame.

It's funny how ignorant you guys sound when someone calls your so called Mr powerful stupid.

Look around you, folks dying, children with no food to eat, politicians robbing your resources etc but your god can't even do nothing.

pray for me to stop, just do it now... I'll check back to see if your stupid god answered your prayers.

Then I prayed for him and then he replied:

i see your prayers... I know your idiotic god will do nothing, just like it does nothing when thousands of children die everyday in Africa because of malnutrition.

I know it will do nothing, just like it did nothing when boko haram was ravaging Christians in the north east.

I know it will do nothing, like when over 90 Christians were killed during the Easter period in Egypt.

I know it will do nothing like when isis where killing Christians in Iraq"

Actually, I would school them but I know God can do that more appropriately.

I am honestly hurt, I have many things I want to say with my sharp wits, I...
I want to say that even if you don't worship him, He will raise stones to do that, I want to ramble on and on about my testimonies, I want to tell them so many things that God can do but..

My people, here is a call to duty. Pray for this people, I refuse to be the one to argue my way to their deliverance. Pray for many others who have been too long in the dark to recognise the light.

These people are timing God, He'll come. Wait for Him.
Re: See What We Should Do For Atheist Or Agnost by hopefulLandlord: 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
Prayer is also useless

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What We Should Do For Atheist Or Agnost by frank317: 3:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
Someone rambled about things your God cannot do or hasn't done and u say he can do more without showing us one single thing he has done.

What is it with ur God and worship. Why is he so worship hungry to the extent that he is willing to raise stones to worship him if we don't. What happened to his childhood days? Is it boredom or ego that is making him desire worship this much?

You are better off remaining in ur romance section instead of coming to embarrass urself with things even u don't understand.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See What We Should Do For Atheist Or Agnost by Niflheim(m): 6:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
QUESTION: What did the god say to the Atheist that insulted him?
ANSWER: "You are lucky that I don't exist!!!"
Re: See What We Should Do For Atheist Or Agnost by hopefulLandlord: 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
Frank317, I like it when people from other sections come here thinking it would be a cakewalk proving the existence of their god because they usually leave the religion section with doubts in their hearts and they become unsure about his existence

1 Like

Re: See What We Should Do For Atheist Or Agnost by ifenes(m): 6:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
Looks like you are one of the few lunatics not roaming the street OP. Your God should fight his battles,you have more important stuff like how to get money and pay your tithe and offering.

2 Likes

Re: See What We Should Do For Atheist Or Agnost by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
By now, god should have closed nairaland if truly it exists.

lalabrother, if you're waiting, you're on a long thing.

Read about atheism, it's been there before Jesus was born (I mean when god was still active... only in the bible though...).

We see no activities since we invented cameras without god's help.

1 Like

Re: See What We Should Do For Atheist Or Agnost by lalabrother: 10:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hmmm there's a lot to be said about this but let me say this little. First thing I'll say is I can understand how painful it is to see grown people walking the destructive path but that said, we need to realize that God is very patient. 2 Peter 3:9 says "… God is patient and does not wish for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." Since we've established that fact, we also need to understand that we as christians can't "pray" for unbelievers to be saved. Christ finished the work of salvation over 2000 years ago. What is required for everyone is to believe in Him. This is why Paul said in 2 Cor 10: 3-6 that we cast down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God and we take every thought captive, punishing every disobedience once your obedience is complete. The weapons we use to wage this warfare aren't carnal or man-made, and that's why arguing with unbelievers never really gets us anywhere.
Spiritual warfare is what we use to break them out of their cages. Jude 1 speaks of them who are worldly and devoid of the Spirit and in verse 23 says "save others by snatching them out of the fire…". So my dear it's clear that these people require special treatment, probably and encounter from God Himself or a life-changing lesson or somebody who will devote adequate time to really interceed for their souls. As much as it's painful to watch them, even the Bible makes it clear that there will still be unbelievers on the last day.
Re: See What We Should Do For Atheist Or Agnost by mrmrmister: 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: See What We Should Do For Atheist Or Agnost by finofaya: 11:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
I endorse your method, OP. Restrict your evangelism to praying for lost souls. It will be even better if you don't announce that you are praying for lost souls so they won't see it coming. Just do it, privately.
Re: See What We Should Do For Atheist Or Agnost by obinna58(m): 12:22am On Apr 20, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Frank317, I like it when people from other sections come here thinking it would be a cakewalk proving the existence of their god because they usually leave the religion section with doubts in their hearts and they become unsure about his existence
I tell u grin grin
Re: See What We Should Do For Atheist Or Agnost by otemanuduno: 8:59am On Apr 20, 2017
@OP, don't allow the abuse of any god to affect your life. According to the thummim, it must happen. No god does evil and expect commendations. Yahweh the son of God ALMIGHTY whom I suppose you are worshipping, has done many serious evil in the past, therefore he is being judged. That's how it will always be. The mock of a god is the judgement of that god.

Elijah also mocked Baal in those days. He mocked him so much that the prophets of Baal lost their strength. Then Elijah killed them. The Muslims have mocked Mazda the god of the Zoroastians so much.

So in my opinion, it is good to mock a bad god/goddess very well so that such god could be ashamed of his or her bad past evil deeds.

I'll quote from the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH.

DOCTUFOS: Rastus 2: 17

17. I have observed that he who begins his life with much fear of a god often end up making a mockery of that god when he sees how foolish he was in believing the terror of that god at the beginning[

(1) (Reply)

He Heard Sounds Of People Screaming In Hell / Why Is There So Much Religion Yet There's So Little Love / The Devil Is Powerless Without Your Fear.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.