Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose (3293 Views)

Abba Kyari: There Can't Be Cover Up. Muslims Don't Keep Dead Body Beyond 24Hours / President Buhari Plots To Dump Osibanjo As Vp And Run With Okorocha / Grazing Law: Emir Sanusi, Miyetti Allah Boss Thumb Up Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Splashme: 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2017
Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose, has described the suspension of the Secretary to the Government of the
Federation (SGF), Babachir David Lawal and Director General of National Intelligence Agency (NIA), Ayo Oke,
as an “afterthought and a prelude to the official cover-up of the N13 billion cash found in a residential apartment in Lagos.

Fayose slammed the Federal Government for setting up a three-man committee to investigate the crime and sidelining the anti-corruption agencies like the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and Department of State Services (DSS).

The governor wondered why the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led Administration unleashed EFCC
and DSS on opposition figures and judges under investigation while setting up a committee to investigate
its officials accused of corruption.

Accusing the Buhari government of becoming an embarrassment to Nigerians with what he called the macabre
dance of shame, Fayose alleged that the President is fast losing control of his administration, accusing it of hypocrisy
in its fight against corruption.

He wondered why the same President that wrote a letter to the Senate exonerating Lawal and clearing him of any
wrongdoing now came back to suspend him from office over alleged involvement in the Presidential Initiative for the
North East grass cutting scam.

In a statement issued on Wednesday by his Special Assistant on Media and Public Communication, Lere Olayinka,
Fayose said: “Would the President have set up a probe panel if these scams were linked to anyone in the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP) or those members of his party that are not in his good books?

“Most importantly, what business does Presidential Committee have with investigation of crime? Are they telling
Nigerians that they have lost confidence in all the intelligence and investigative agencies of the government, including
the EFCC and DSS?

“The Buhari-led Federal Government is operating like many governments within one government. There appears to be
many Presidencies within the Presidency and this is the reason for the confusion everywhere.”

“Nigerians can no longer be deceived by a government that protects its own people whenever they are accused of
corruption while setting the DSS and EFCC to invade houses of members of opposition parties, especially those perceived
as having presidential ambition in 2019 in the night to arrest and detain them indefinitely even when corruption allegations
against them have not been proved.”

“Did the President not write a letter dated January 17, 2017, to the Senate, exonerating the SGF? So what has changed in
the case of the SGF? Was his announced suspension just for balancing?

“Why waiting for this messy OsborneGate to act on the Presidential Initiative for the North East (PINE) grass-cutting scam?
Could it have been a case of one Presidency (Buhari) writing the Senate on January 17, 2017 to clear the SGF and another
Presidency suspending him today?

“Whichever way one looks at it, it gives no other impression than that of confusion in the government.”

“Is their presidential committee also going to tell Nigerians those who abandoned N49 million cash in an airport that has
CCTV cameras? What the owner of the N448 million the EFCC said it found in a shop at LEGICO Shopping Plaza, Ahmadu
Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos?

“In all these, what I see is a government trying frantically to cover-up corrupt acts of its functionaries but like I said before
now, even though we know that the APC-led federal government has the capacity to sweep it under the carpet like many
others before it, Nigerians will have it on record that they are being ruled by a government of the more you look, the less you see."

http://thenationonlineng.net/sgf-nia-chiefs-suspension-afterthought-fayose/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by sarrki(m): 8:02pm On Apr 19, 2017
Fayose is suffering from one of the schizophrenia

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by sarrki(m): 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
Fayose I swear next year am not going to pity you

N I know many Nigerian, I mean progressives won't

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Splashme: 8:06pm On Apr 19, 2017
See, this zombie above me
Sarrki or what do you call youself?

Stop spamming my thread if you have nothing useful to say

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by sarrki(m): 8:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
Splashme:
See, this zombie above me
Sarrki or what do you call your youself?

Stop spamming my thread if you have nothing useful to say

When enemies of state are through with you oshoko

I know inside kuje prison you will regret all the hailing hailer

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Aonkuuse(m): 8:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
Fayosi is a lunatic, must he talk?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by scribble: 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
sarrki:

If by progressives u mean zombies i hear u

Why didnt u address any of the salient points fayose has made

After all even babthief lawal, sgf said "which presidency"

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Jabioro: 8:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
Fayose ,se ko si agba nile yi moni ?There is no elders in fayose vicinity ..the way he is talking like everything must favor him and his cohort..

7 Likes

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Earth2Metahuman: 8:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
What exactly does fayoshit want?
I don't get this long meaningless epistle.

7 Likes

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Splashme: 8:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
8 very valid points from Fayose:

[b]1) Most importantly, what business does Presidential Committee have with investigation of crime? Are they telling
Nigerians that they have lost confidence in all the intelligence and investigative agencies of the government, including
the EFCC and DSS?

2) “The Buhari-led Federal Government is operating like many governments within one government. There appears to be
many Presidencies within the Presidency and this is the reason for the confusion everywhere.”

3) “Nigerians can no longer be deceived by a government that protects its own people whenever they are accused of
corruption while setting the DSS and EFCC to invade houses of members of opposition parties, especially those perceived
as having presidential ambition in 2019 in the night to arrest and detain them indefinitely even when corruption allegations
against them have not been proved.”

4) “Did the President not write a letter dated January 17, 2017, to the Senate, exonerating the SGF? So what has changed in
the case of the SGF? Was his announced suspension just for balancing?

5) “Why waiting for this messy OsborneGate to act on the Presidential Initiative for the North East (PINE) grass-cutting scam?
Could it have been a case of one Presidency (Buhari) writing the Senate on January 17, 2017 to clear the SGF and another
Presidency suspending him today?

6) “Whichever way one looks at it, it gives no other impression than that of confusion in the government.”

“7) Is their presidential committee also going to tell Nigerians those who abandoned N49 million cash in an airport that has
CCTV cameras? What the owner of the N448 million the EFCC said it found in a shop at LEGICO Shopping Plaza, Ahmadu
Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos?

cool “In all these, what I see is a government trying frantically to cover-up corrupt acts of its functionaries but like I said before
now, even though we know that the APC-led federal government has the capacity to sweep it under the carpet like many
others before it, Nigerians will have it on record that they are being ruled by a government of the more you look, the less you see.”
[/b]

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by jojomario(m): 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
Fayose days are numbered.

1 Like

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Omooba77: 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
sarrki:

It shows how we reason; why do you need a special committee when you have DSS; EFCC, Police.
Thank God we are not all zombies like BMC crew

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Omooba77: 8:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
Jabioro:
Fayose ,se ko si agba nile yi moni ?There is no elders in fayose vicinity ..the way he is talking like everything must favor him and his cohort..
Se ki gbogbo wa mawo bi eran oriso ni. Why do you need special committee to investigate crime?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Jabioro: 8:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
Omooba77:

Se ki gbogbo wa mawo bi eran oriso ni. Why do you need special committee to investigate crime?
..and very person that head the committee was who?
Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by papparatzzi2013: 8:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
Our Governor has gone mad againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by policy12: 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
Can't Fayose be quiet? On this he miss it....its bot everything Fayose will talk on so when he talk he will still be relevant.

Fayose...

1 Like

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Omooba77: 9:08pm On Apr 19, 2017
Jabioro:
..and very person that head the committee was who?

They will only compile report oga; you expect VP to go and investigate rooms in Osborne Tower. When you defend sir; pls reason like us all

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
APCheats own that MONEY.......time shall soon tell!!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by cktheluckyman: 9:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
sarrki:

Lol Are you sure your oga will still be in this planet until 2018?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Repairnigeria(m): 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
APC cheat

2 Likes

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by mankan2k7(m): 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2017
but u promised not to attack d dullard again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by omenkaLives(m): 9:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
When this news broke, the enemies of state were dumbfounded and miffed as to its implications for Baba's popularity; they wished it wasnt true.

On reading it's confirmation from the presidency, most of them simply crawled back into their dingy burrows heartbroken, awaiting the next bad news so they can crawl back out and bare their nasty fangs..

Since that bad news isn't forthcoming, this breather supplied by a known demented thug gives them the respite they do crave and they shall hang onto it until the next bad news is reported. . cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Splashme: 9:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
APCheats own that MONEY.......time shall soon tell!!!!
Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Annie939(f): 9:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
governor fayose, what exactly do you want Mr President to do?

1 Like

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by ahaika23: 9:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
Fayose, pls pity the old ediot in aso rock aka bag of bones

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by brightology3: 9:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
Kkkk
Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Jabioro: 9:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
Omooba77:

They will only compile report oga; you expect VP to go and investigate rooms in Osborne Tower. When you defend sir; pls reason like us all
He needs not to go anywhere, all he needed is delegates, compiled, then invites them, after all the excise, he the appraisal to know where and what to write.. he doesn't need come to Osbone..

1 Like

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by rusher14: 10:02pm On Apr 19, 2017
The NIA being a sensitive sub-unit with its hierarchy overlapping 2 governments requires an in-house hearing to ascertain claims.

The NIA boss has been said to insist the monies in his possession were handed over to him as part of an assignment from the last president.

His testimonies to this committee would determine how his case would be handled.

2 Likes

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Omooba77: 10:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
Jabioro:
He needs not to go anywhere, all he needed is delegates, compiled, then invites them, after all the excise, he the appraisal to know where and what to write.. he doesn't need come to Osbone..
Ogbon agbon ju ma pa ologbon lara ni. God bless you sir
Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Pavarottii(m): 10:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
sarrki:

Pity Wat. Wat can Ur vegetable. Please tell me Wat Ur vegetable buhari will do? Am waiting.

1 Like

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by Pavarottii(m): 10:17pm On Apr 19, 2017
The governor wondered why the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led Administration unleashed EFCC
and DSS on opposition figures and judges under investigation while setting up a committee to investigate
its officials accused of corruption.

Exactly my thought.Buhari is the most corrupt president ever.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SGF, Oke's Suspension: Buhari Plots A Cover-up - Fayose by ndcide(m): 11:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
sarrki:

How.? Was It not the presidency the cleared SGF?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Hits The Ground Running In Washington DC / While Lagos Is Banning, UK Is Licencing Ola's Keke In Major Cities. / Nigerians Who Top Up N100 Airtime, Have N5,000 Account Balance Will Get Cash– FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.