Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Tithing?....,never Works - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing?....,never Works (1735 Views)

Why Do Christians Reject Old Testament Laws But Stick To Tithing / Still On Tithing – I Disagree With Daddy Oyedepo! / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 11:14pm On Apr 19, 2017
God loves a cheerful giver and He is committed to blessing them in return,If you think your tithe ever worked for you,it worked only because your giving was from a willing heart,because it was done cheerfully,that was how God saw it,you only named it tithe.

3 Likes

Re: Tithing?....,never Works by petra1(m): 8:47am On Apr 20, 2017
You're ignorant. Everything has its place .
Prayer has its blessing
almsgiving has its blessing
Tithing has its blessing
Offering has its blessing
Giving to man of God has its blessing
Giving to frlow believers has its blessing
Giving to parents has its blessing
Knowledge of God has it'd blessing
Hard work has its blessing

If you do then you reap the individual blessing they carry. But if you don't you simply lose the blessing they carry

2 Likes

Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 11:08am On Apr 21, 2017
petra1:

You're ignorant. Everything has its place .
Prayer has its blessing
almsgiving has its blessing
Tithing has its blessing
Offering has its blessing
Giving to man of God has its blessing
Giving to frlow believers has its blessing
Giving to parents has its blessing
Knowledge of God has it'd blessing
Hard work has its blessing

If you do then you reap the individual blessing they carry. But if you don't you simply lose the blessing they carry

No that's not true,for that will be too magical,....does it mean I can just pick the few ones I like from the list and enjoy the benefits while others are left undone?.......God's dealings with man,most especially the new creature isn't like that......I do not want us to digress,I will be asking you few questions........firstly,will God accept any giving(your tithes,offerings or whatever name you call it) done for Him or in His name if it isn't done willingly?.....and secondly,what is tithe and why do you pay tithe?.........Let's discuss this and then let's be careful with our language,no aggressive words or attack to personalty,for I believe our goal is the same,coming to the knowledge of the truth.
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by doyinbaby(f): 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
Wahala for tithe tomuch for nairaland
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 8:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
doyinbaby:
Wahala for tithe tomuch for nairaland
Lol.......,not really,it only appears like that because that is one of the major controversies of the day in the body of Christ.
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by petra1(m): 7:30am On Apr 22, 2017
owoleola:

will God accept any giving(your tithes,offerings or whatever name you call it) done for Him or in His name if it isn't done willingly?.

He won't turn down any sacrifice . But if a man
Giving with wrong attitude His faith may not produce the result of the harvest he ought to have

...and secondly,what is tithe and why do you pay tithe?

Tithe is 10% of earning or belonging.[/quote]
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 7:53am On Apr 22, 2017
petra1:

He won't turn down any sacrifice . But if a man
Giving with wrong attitude Jos faith may not produce the result of the harvest he ought to have

Tithe is 10% of earning or belonging.
okay can I choose to make it lower than 10%?.....and then didn't God turn down cain's sacrifice?
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by petra1(m): 8:11am On Apr 22, 2017
owoleola:
okay can I choose to make it lower than 10%?....

It won't be tithe

and then didn't God turn down cain's sacrifice?

He did but cain case was a disobedience . God gave specific instruction . God wanted first fruit .
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 8:26am On Apr 22, 2017
petra1:

It won't be tithe

He did but cain case was a disobedience . God gave specific instruction . God wanted first fruit .

if then I give a benchmark(that is, certain percentage or amount for giving),does that still make it something you can do at will?
Disobedience to which law or commandment,had any instructions been given then?
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by petra1(m): 8:36am On Apr 22, 2017
owoleola:
if then I give a benchmark(that is, certain percentage or amount for giving),does that still make it something you can do at will?

Yes of course .

Disobedience to which law or commandment,had any instructions been given then?

Yes ,instruction was given though not written . God wouldn't blame him if there was no instruction .why was he not accepted then?
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by Wilgrea7(m): 9:08am On Apr 22, 2017
owoleola:
okay can I choose to make it lower than 10%?.....and then didn't God turn down cain's sacrifice?

God doesn't need anyone's money... he doesn't even want it... rather give it to the less privileged around you
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 9:12am On Apr 22, 2017
petra1:

Yes of course .

Yes ,instruction was given though not written . God wouldn't blame him if there was no instruction .why was he not accepted then?

He wasn't accepted because of the state of his heart,he didn't give God wholeheartedly.
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 9:15am On Apr 22, 2017
You can't emphasize a limit or a minimum of which someone can give and still instruct them to go ahead and do their will,they don't follow
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 9:21am On Apr 22, 2017
Wilgrea7:

God doesn't need anyone's money... he doesn't even want it... rather give it to the less privileged around you
Yeah,just like the way God doesn't need our righteousness or faithfulness or any good fruit we produce but that is what is expected of His Children,to give liberally,willingly,cheerfully to Him,to His works,to people around us.....but not to be done under compulsion or necessity or fulfilling a law.
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by petra1(m): 9:33am On Apr 22, 2017
owoleola:
He wasn't accepted because of the state of his heart,he didn't give God wholeheartedly.

Genesis 4:3-5
3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord. 4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

It wasn't just about the heart . It was about the a excellence of the gift itself . Faith comes by hearing . That means God must have instructed them to give first fruits . CAIN didn't bring first fruits . He just brought fruits .

Hebrews 11:4
4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by petra1(m): 9:37am On Apr 22, 2017
owoleola:
You can't emphasize a limit or a minimum of which someone can give and still instruct them to go ahead and do their will,they don't follow

Obedience is an act of will power . We excercise our willingness to obey.

Isaiah 1:19
If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

So either you're giving 10th or first or best to God it's still an oct of will knowing that it pleases God.
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 11:34am On Apr 22, 2017
petra1:

Genesis 4:3-5
3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord. 4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

It wasn't just about the heart . It was about the a excellence of the gift itself . Faith comes by hearing . That means God must have instructed them to give first fruits . CAIN didn't bring first fruits . He just brought fruits .

Hebrews 11:4
4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh

Every thing is about the heart when it comes to God's dealings with men,only that the heart will definitely yield some fruits,God judges the heart but the fruits are proofs to men since no man sees the heart.
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by otemanuduno: 11:45am On Apr 22, 2017
Wilgrea7:

Wilgrea7 I think it's high time you wrote your own Bible. When did god Yahweh stop needing tithe? Did fictitious jesus ever say that tithe is no more necessary?
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 11:46am On Apr 22, 2017
petra1:

Obedience is an act of will power . We excercise our willingness to obey.

Isaiah 1:19
If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

So either you're giving 10th or first or best to God it's still an oct of will knowing that it pleases God.
who were those being referred to here directly?.....you see, the peculiar people of the old found it difficult to obey God because they lacked the willing heart consequent upon their nature (adamic),and that was why strict laws and punishments for breakage were given to them,but it is no longer so,through the new nature,we now have the willing heart and therefore you do not need any yardstick or law to give....lemme also ask you,do you believe God expects us to give all we give?....and if yes,what does it mean to give all?
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 11:50am On Apr 22, 2017
otemanuduno:
Wilgrea7 I think it's high time you wrote your own Bible. When did god Yahweh stop needing tithe? Did fictitious jesus ever say that tithe is no more necessary?
I must emphasize this Tithing doesn't apply to the peculiar people of the new dispensation
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by otemanuduno: 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
owoleola:
I must emphasize this Tithing doesn't apply to the peculiar people of the new dispensation
Who said it doesn't apply? Where and when did yahweh say that? Last time I checked, they said Yahweh never changes. He's static in knowledge, never growing. So tell me who said tithe doesn't apply anymore.
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 12:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
If Abel gave to God through faith with no laws or rules or commandments on ground and pleased God,who told you you can't replicate same faith through your believe in Christ?
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by Wilgrea7(m): 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
otemanuduno:

i think you need to stop reading your bible with a biased mind.... tithe issue has been handled here many times... you chose what you want to believe... many denominations don't agree with tithe.. research is not bad
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by Horus(m): 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2017
owoleola:
God loves a cheerful giver and He is committed to blessing them in return,If you think your tithe ever worked for you,it worked only because your giving was from a willing heart,because it was done cheerfully,that was how God saw it,you only named it tithe.

According to the bible, Jesus never took from his congregation. He never passed around a basket or tray to receive pledges and donations at the end of each sermon. He never asked for a payment. Nor did he ever tell his disciples to accept money for their assistance as found in Matthew 10:8-10:

“Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.”
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by petra1(m): 2:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
owoleola:
Every thing is about the heart when it comes to God's dealings with men,only that the heart will definitely yield some fruits,God judges the heart but the fruits are proofs to men since no man sees the heart.

You're right but in this case The difference with their sacrifice was that one was a first fruit the other was not .
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by petra1(m): 2:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
owoleola:
who were those being referred to here directly?....

Gods people

you see, the peculiar people of the old found it difficult to obey God because they lacked the willing heart consequent upon their nature
(adamic),and that was why strict laws and punishments for breakage were given to them

What they lack was not willingness but rather ability by the virtue of the old nature.

we now have the willing heart and therefore you do not need any yardstick or law to give

It's still the same . Are there no Christians or minister who do wicked works or who don't give?

....lemme also ask you,do you believe God expects us to give all we give?....and if yes,what does it mean to give all?

You may need to explain . If possible with scripture . I don't want to assume I know what you mean
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2017
petra1:

You're right but in this case The difference with their sacrifice was that one was a first fruit the other was not .
you still don't get it,the difference between their offerings was their different state of hearts,one gave willingly while the other gave grudgingly.......read Hebrew 11:4
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by petra1(m): 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
owoleola:
you still don't get it,the difference between their offerings was their different state of hearts,one gave willingly while the other gave grudgingly.......read Hebrew 11:4

What does it say
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 5:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
petra1:

Gods people

What they lack was not willingness but rather ability by the virtue of the old nature.

It's still the same . Are there no Christians or minister who do wicked works or who don't give?

You may need to explain . If possible with scripture . I don't want to assume I know what you mean

The rich man that came to meet Jesus went back sorrowfully because he couldn't give all.God expect us to give all but giving all doesn't translate to giving every penny on you or every substance you have,it means giving willingly,for that will be coming from all your heart and that is your ALL..Does it mean if I give #500 out of the #1000 I have,I haven't given all?.....No,for if it is coming from my heart I have given all and if it's not,even if I give the whole #1000,it won't be accepted by God.
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by owoleola: 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
petra1:

What does it say
Heb 11:4 "By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain,through which he obtained witness that he was righteous,God testifying to his gifts and through it he being dead still speaks".........now lemme see how you comprehend this,what was lacking in Cain,excellent gifts or faith?
Re: Tithing?....,never Works by petra1(m): 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
owoleola:
Heb 11:4 "By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain,through which he obtained witness that he was righteous,God testifying to his gifts and through it he being dead still speaks

"By faith Abel. . ." "Faith comes by hearing". They must have been taught or instructed . Abel obeyed by painstakingly selecting the firstling of every animal he offered . Cain didn't bother to go through the rigors . He offered something else . His wasn't based on faith. He heart definately wasn't right hence his action.

........now lemme see how you comprehend this,what was lacking in Cain,excellent gifts or faith?

1 Like

Re: Tithing?....,never Works by petra1(m): 6:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
owoleola:
The rich man that came to meet Jesus went back sorrowfully because he couldn't give all.God expect us to give all but giving all doesn't translate to giving every penny on you or every substance you have,it means giving willingly,for that will be coming from all your heart and that is your ALL..Does it mean if I give #500 out of the #1000 I have,I haven't given all?.....No,for if it is coming from my heart I have given all and if it's not,even if I give the whole #1000,it won't be accepted by God.

You are the one preaching the doctrine of giving all . And you should back the doctrine from scripture . Where did Gid say to give all and what does he mean by the context . I didn't teach about giving all you did. If I teach about giving all . I will give you scriptures and explain what I understand by it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rccg House Fellowship Manual, Sunday 30th April,2017 / Commissioning Of The International Headquarters Of The Deeper Christian Life Min / Abuja's Monuments Of Faith And The Dunamis Phenomenon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.