Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,830 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation (20657 Views)

Reactions As ASUU Calls Off Strike / If ASUU Calls Off The Strike When Will You Return To School? / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Kusibe77(m): 7:44am On Apr 20, 2017
Mubby4luv:
agreed, I did not mention u tho.
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Nogodyej: 7:44am On Apr 20, 2017
what will jamb do with last year student because I will not write this exam
maybe taking them to court will help
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Nogodyej: 7:45am On Apr 20, 2017
what will jamb do with last year student because I will not write this exam
maybe taking them to court will help they are fraud
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by transient123(m): 7:45am On Apr 20, 2017
yvesboss:

Prof Ishaq Akintola studied Islamic studies not Ishaq Oloyede

Don't know for him who the "flat peg in round hole " tag fits?
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Ramanto(m): 7:46am On Apr 20, 2017
I support the call. the man oversabi too much hence, making things difficult for the candidates.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Lakebeyin(m): 7:47am On Apr 20, 2017
The undergoing problems and struggling for the jamb is way too much.. It aint normal.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by espn(m): 7:48am On Apr 20, 2017
dokiOloye:
Professor of Islamic studies is heading an institution as sensitive as JAMB.
Sai changiiii grin
Sai babaaaa
Really? A former VC of University of Ilorin for good 8yrs..You can ask anyone what he achieved during that period.
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Mubby4luv(m): 7:50am On Apr 20, 2017
Kusibe77:
agreed, I did not mention u tho.
Who cares...
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Luckylife(m): 7:50am On Apr 20, 2017
Standardcosting:

And so? Come to Unilorin and see the transformational changes he made. If not for the nonsense VC they have now, who has destroyed the school once more.
JAMB is not where in will use Islamic and Arabic system of management to run as he did in ur unilorin , Nigeria students have move beyond 20th century mode of registration in Jamb. in ur brain capacity whose fault the incompetence in Jamb registration recently?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by anochuko01(m): 7:53am On Apr 20, 2017
I'm so scared of taking my sis to Tue registration centre, as I don't know what I'm gonna face there!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by goshen26: 7:56am On Apr 20, 2017
Tolulopefinest:
One thing I've noticed in Nigeria is that the Former is always better than the Latter
We complained about Dibu but see the man who replaced him.
We also complained about Jonathan, now see the Buhari that replaced him angry

We also complained of SALIM BELLO, DIBU OJERINDE was worse

we complained of DIBU OJERINDE, we ISHAQ OLOYEDE na gbege

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by worlexy(m): 7:56am On Apr 20, 2017
yvesboss:

Oloyede studied Arabic and Islamic studies

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by FaroukM(m): 8:04am On Apr 20, 2017
Prof ishaq oloyede was the former VC of Unilorin...it is so sad for all stress he is putting jambite thru
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Standardcosting(m): 8:04am On Apr 20, 2017
Luckylife:
JAMB is not where in will use Islamic and Arabic system of management to run as he did in ur unilorin , Nigeria students have move beyond 20th century mode of registration in Jamb. in ur brain capacity whose fault the incompetence in Jamb registration recently?
You don't expect things to transform overnight.
There are bound to be itches at the outset. Eventually we would have him to thank for it.

When he started CBT at Unilorin, we had many complains.. Now Almost all schools have adopted the system even this Jamb. Same with E-payment.
Face it Oloyede will perform eventually, not even ASUU, or this court of public opinion will stop him.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by pricipal2003(m): 8:04am On Apr 20, 2017
Tolulopefinest:
One thing I've noticed in Nigeria is that the Former is always better than the Latter
We complained about Dibu but see the man who replaced him.
We also complained about Jonathan, now see the Buhari that replaced him angry
you are on point my guy. This Islamic teacher sld have been made the registrar of Islamic council and not JAMB

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by cooljude(m): 8:07am On Apr 20, 2017
anochuko01:
I'm so scared of taking my sis to Tue registration centre, as I don't know what I'm gonna face there!
I just completed my Sisters Registeration. My advice would be. Register your system online by yourself with her Gmail. Proceed to a bank after printing out payment form( not important, just needed to confirm you've registered). Collect your Epin, make sure you stress the Epin very well. After getting that, proceed to any CBT, you would be done before 2 hours.
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 20, 2017
DeBlessedOne:
Is education even really necessary sef? All this confusion could be avoided if we all go back to the bush, leave civilization behind, take off our clothes and live happily in the forest of Eden. My humble opinion cheesy
No be me and you.
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by anochuko01(m): 8:13am On Apr 20, 2017
cooljude:
I just completed my Sisters Registeration. My advice would be. Register your system online by yourself with her Gmail. Proceed to a bank after printing out payment form( not important, just needed to confirm you've registered). Collect your Epin, make sure you stress the Epin very well. After getting that, proceed to any CBT, you would be done before 2 hours.
wow! thanks...
what's the location of your CBT centre... I intend going to covenant university.
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by darkhorizon: 8:20am On Apr 20, 2017
yvesboss:

Oloyede studied Islamic Studies stop speaking,when you don't know.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by m20208899: 8:24am On Apr 20, 2017
Luckylife:
Square peg in a round hole ! I heard he studied Islamic and arabic studies combined wahala and Nigeria students can see the incompetence all over this government appointees.

There are loads of well seasoned and highly qualified Professors of educational evaluation, test and measurements in Nigeria, but the govt chose to appoint a Prof of religious studies!!!!!!!!
I rest my case......!
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by mrlycan: 8:26am On Apr 20, 2017
Oloyede is a failure. A Big one
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by AlphaStyles(m): 8:26am On Apr 20, 2017
na for here dem wan use exam finish person make dem make jamb 3yrs o bkus to dy write am e no easy o
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Vicolan: 8:28am On Apr 20, 2017
Standardcosting:

And so? Come to Unilorin and see the transformational changes he made. If not for the nonsense VC they have now, who has destroyed the school once more.

So he also partake in the destruction initially by ur statement b dt naw
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by BloodyCrook: 8:28am On Apr 20, 2017
Standardcosting:
1Useless ASUU

2. Ignorance and religious affiliations is the problem with many Nigerians

3. This man is trying to reduce the many hours spent by candidates during exams to improve their performance

4. No one is talking about why the tenure of the old Jamb registrar wasn't extended.
Have we all forgotten that 2016 exams were marked with the WRONG SOFTWARE?

5. Changes don't happen overnight.

6. This CBT everyone happy about was introduced by him at Unilorin before many universities and even JAMB adopted it.

6.Let's not forget that you being a computer scientist or an engineer doesn't make you perform better
Despite the fact that the former Jamb registrar was an educationists with many engineers and scientists at Jamb. They collectively performed badly and administered the wrong software.
Read Apollo syndrome and Medici effect

Na your own ignorance strong pass!

So with the glaring logistic failure of the current jamb process, cancellation of its mock exams , difficulties in registration by candidates, limitation of online registration centres to cronies and the fleecing of candidates' cash by jamb officials and their proxies, you still have something positive to say?

Ghanaian and other universities that attract Nigerian students, do they have jamb or another bridging exams they undertake before being admitted in to thr university?

The fact is jamb is a worthless bottleneck in the traffic of our education and it should be scrapped!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by jpickin: 8:29am On Apr 20, 2017
I just completed my Sisters Registration. My advice would be. Register your system online by yourself with her Gmail. Proceed to a bank after printing out payment form( not important, just needed to confirm you've registered). Collect your Epin, make sure you stress the Epin very well. After getting that, proceed to any CBT, you would be done before 2 hours.

[b]Na lie. It depends on a number of factors:

1.) Availability of connectivity from JAMB SERVER at such time
2.) The particular CBT centre you patronize. (Some are too busy you have to expect a minimum of 2 days if not 1 week or more)

The solution to all these rubbush is:

Either;

i.) SCRAP JAMB AND LET THE HIGHER INSTITUTIONS DESIGN AND CONDUCT THEIR ADMISSION EXAMS. JAMB SHOULD ONLY MODERATE THINGS
[center]OR[/center]
ii.) allow registration to be carried out anywhere, even in candidates bedroom.

MY SUBMISSION

The entire Jamb Registration structure shows exactly that we are not sincere about the war against Corruption in this country. It is a structure designed to favour just few set of individuals and that is why we have all these sufferings by candidates and parents.
1.) Why will JAMB award sales of pins to only 3 Banks at the beginning
2.) Why will JAMB scrap the USE OF OFFLINE in this kind of registration (of a huge number) of candidates (WAEC 2017, NECO 2017 ARE STILL USING OFFLINE REGISTRATION)
3.) Why can anyone register anywhere they like?
4.) Why will the Registrar start from the scratch and not build on the existing structure built by his predecessor Ojerinde

DISADVANTAGES OF THE ENTIRE PROCESS ARE
1.) Too much stress candidates are made to go through to register for just 4 subjects
2.) Risk of life as many have to travel to another town because many towns, I repeat so many towns are still without a CBT centre
3.) There have been accidents as a result of no 2 point above

THE MAN SHOLD RESIGN OR BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY. HE IS A DULLARD WHEN IT COMES TO ICT.[/b]

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by justy15: 8:31am On Apr 20, 2017
Luckylife:

Guy are u blind or can't read , pls look for interpreter to explain this in Hausa for ur comprehension,
President Buhari yesterday approvedthe appointment of Former Unilorin Vice Chancellor, Prof Is-haq Olarewaju Oloyede as the new JAMBRegistrar.Here is a brief profile on Professor Oloyede.Prof. Is-haq Olarewaju Oloyede was born in October 1954. He hails from Abeokuta South Local Government Area of Ogun State.He had his Secondary Education from 1969-1973 at the Progressive Institute, Agege Lagos and Arabic Training Centre Agege, Lagos, (Markaz) from 1973-1976 and later to the University of Ibadan between 1976 and 1977 where he obtained a certificate in Arabic and Islamic Studies.His tertiary education began in the University of Ilorin in 1978 where he studied Arabic and was awarded a B.A. Arabic (First Class Hons) in 1981. In July 1982 he was appointedan Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Religions of the University.In 1991, he had his Doctorate degreein Islamic Studies also from the University of Ilorin.
thank you my dear brother for giving them sense though I have no problem with his course of study but the change he introduced is painful n should be reviewed
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by ladykolly(f): 8:33am On Apr 20, 2017
Standardcosting:
1Useless ASUU

2. Ignorance and religious affiliations is the problem with many Nigerians

3. This man is trying to reduce the many hours spent by candidates during exams to improve their performance

4. No one is talking about why the tenure of the old Jamb registrar wasn't extended.
Have we all forgotten that 2016 exams were marked with the WRONG SOFTWARE?

5. Changes don't happen overnight.

6. This CBT everyone happy about was introduced by him at Unilorin before many universities and even JAMB adopted it.

6.Let's not forget that you being a computer scientist or an engineer doesn't make you perform better
Despite the fact that the former Jamb registrar was an educationists with many engineers and scientists at Jamb. They collectively performed badly and administered the wrong software. So wat re u implying
Read Apollo syndrome and Medici effect
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by vickylincon(m): 8:36am On Apr 20, 2017
Luckylife:
Square peg in a round hole ! I heard he studied Islamic and arabic studies combined wahala and Nigeria students can see the incompetence all over this government appointees.
wehdone bro. when he performed well as vc of unilorin, they didn't complain he studied Islamic. BTW, I don't really know what's happening to the guy...all what I know him for are gone..maybe its old age.
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by malton: 8:39am On Apr 20, 2017
Would it have made a difference if he studied medicine or law?

An inept person is an inept person. That JAMB registrar is incompetent. It's nothing to do with the course he studied.

Most of you commenters inferring he's lacking ability solely because he studied Islamic studies are a lot more ineffectual. So much dumb that you leave a lot to be desired!

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Olaa: 8:40am On Apr 20, 2017
To voluntarily resign OR To be called to order? Which exactly do you want sir?

Shey you are ready to take over from him when he resign ni?

Nigerians are very funny, any little hitch calls for resignation. If na so Dem they resign, then every Nigerian would have been JAMB Registrar or any other highly placed position at one time or the other. (Though I'm not defending JAMB but let's find ways of criticizing positively)

E she o

Celcius:
Following alleged lopsidedness in the on-going registration of candidates by Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, the Chairman, Academic Staff Union of Universities, (ASUU) University of Ibadan Chapter, Dr Deji Omole has called on the Registrar of JAMB, Professor Ishaq Oloyede to voluntarily resign from office.

The academic union also asked the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu to call the registrar to order to lessen the difficulty being experienced by the candidates.
Dr Omole said the board had outlived its usefulness and the best thing is to scrap it and allow universities design their standard examination for their own candidates.
He noted that the fact that a mock examination was stopped due to logistic reasons underscored the point of alleged incompetence of the Registrar, noting that if candidates could not do mock how sure are they to pass the examination.

He said: “Why will anybody make life difficult for candidates whose parents are struggling to live under the terrible condition the government has made them to live in?"
“Why would somebody introduce changes that are only known by members of the board? We have made case for the scrapping of this body because in the present instance the introduction of different registration procedures has turned candidates to victims of fraud.”while different centres now make business by arranging with private schools who bring all their students in group to come and register while children of the masses look on.”

“This is a failed approach to change and the Registrar admitted this with the cancellation of the mock examination. How can we ensure that the candidates prepare well for the exams when they spend weeks waiting for Personal Identification Number and are at the mercy of registration officers who force them to go to cybercafe where they have arrangements to first create their profile before they can have their PIN”

“This is where people are duping Nigerian children. This is a total failure. Students must have at least three months for registration, its procedure must be open and their options to public universities must not be limited to serve the agenda of the proprietors of private universities”, he argued.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/ASUU-calls-jamb-registrars-resignation/
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by emmasege: 8:44am On Apr 20, 2017
dokiOloye:
U might wish to consult Wikipedia.
Do You mind him? Some folks only argue without facts. It's common knowledge that Ishaq Oloyede studied Arabic studies and that he's also a fundamentalist. Were he not a Prof, he would be an ISIS/Boko Haram Commander.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos House Of Assembly Passes Yoruba Language Bill Into Law / JAMB Admission Letter Printing Guide For 2016/2017 [UTME, DE Candidates] / ASUU: My Child Also Affected By Strike - Labour Minister, Chris Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.