Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation (20671 Views)

Reactions As ASUU Calls Off Strike / If ASUU Calls Off The Strike When Will You Return To School? / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Standardcosting(m): 8:44am On Apr 20, 2017
BloodyCrook:

Na your own ignorance strong pass!

So with the glaring logistic failure of the current jamb process, cancellation of its mock exams , difficulties in registration by candidates, limitation of online registration centres to cronies and the fleecing of candidates' cash by jamb officials and their proxies, you still have something positive to say?

Ghanaian and other universities that attract Nigerian students, do they have jamb or another bridging exams they undertake before being admitted in to thr university?

The fact is jamb is a worthless bottleneck in the traffic of our education and it should be scrapped!
You own is legendary
Did you bother ask why the registration was limited to specific places?
In the past, cyber cafes with 50 system capacity would hire 200 to get accreditation, when exams starts they start having problems.
All these cancellation are a result of transforming to a new model which in the end I am certain of its success.
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by mojeed4(m): 8:45am On Apr 20, 2017
Standardcosting:
1Useless ASUU

2. Ignorance and religious affiliations is the problem with many Nigerians

3. This man is trying to reduce the many hours spent by candidates during exams to improve their performance

4. No one is talking about why the tenure of the old Jamb registrar wasn't extended.
Have we all forgotten that 2016 exams were marked with the WRONG SOFTWARE?

5. Changes don't happen overnight.

6. This CBT everyone happy about was introduced by him at Unilorin before many universities and even JAMB adopted it.

6.Let's not forget that you being a computer scientist or an engineer doesn't make you perform better
Despite the fact that the former Jamb registrar was an educationists with many engineers and scientists at Jamb. They collectively performed badly and administered the wrong software.
Read Apollo syndrome and Medici effect

I think you need to experience what these kids go through and see if you will still be blowing your grammar upandan. Except if you are among the rich kids that gets filed in for easy registration. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by emmasege: 8:45am On Apr 20, 2017
yvesboss:

Prof Ishaq Akintola studied Islamic studies not Ishaq Oloyede
I refer you to my post above. But please always argue with facts. Ok?
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by binason(m): 8:45am On Apr 20, 2017
that's right Dr.
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by okechuks22: 8:51am On Apr 20, 2017
Tolulopefinest:
One thing I've noticed in Nigeria is that the Former is always better than the Latter
We complained about Dibu but see the man who replaced him.
We also complained about Jonathan, now see the Buhari that replaced him angry
my brother ur right only the wise ones will understand

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by chigoziem10(f): 8:52am On Apr 20, 2017
[quote author=Standardcosting post=55732535]1Useless ASUU

3. This man is trying to reduce the many hours spent by candidates during exams to improve their performance

4. No one is talking about why the tenure of the old Jamb registrar wasn't extended.

6. This CBT everyone happy about was introduced by him at Unilorin before many universities and even JAMB adopted it.

6.Let's not forget that you being a computer scientist or an engineer doesn't make you perform better
Despite the fact that the former Jamb registrar was an educationists with many engineers and scientists at Jamb. They collectively performed badly and administered the wrong software.
Read Apollo syndrome and Medici effect[/quote
Oga you are as confused as confused this old man called Jamb registrar, how can you be so heartless to write this type of comment? Even if you have not been to the centre where JAMB registration is going on, haven't you seen it on air? Do you know the kind of hardship they go through simply to register for JAMB? Please learn how to be honest, it helps a lot

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Celcius: 9:06am On Apr 20, 2017
Olaa:

To voluntarily resign OR To be called to order? Which exactly do you want sir?

Shey you are ready to take over from him when he resign ni?

Nigerians are very funny, any little hitch calls for resignation. If na so Dem they resign, then every Nigerian would have been JAMB Registrar or any other highly placed position at one time or the other. (Though I'm not defending JAMB but let's find ways of criticizing positively)

E she o

Either one will suffice. The disaster about to happen is chilling in a cooler. Just wait until after the exam is taken. Unless as a people, we are ready to be insensitive to the plight of others because we are yet to to affected. It took most students 4 days to secure a PIN. His innovation is brilliant though, but a monumental flop.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Mcowubaba: 9:09am On Apr 20, 2017
emmasege:
Do You mind him? Some folks only argue without facts. It's common knowledge that Ishaq Oloyede studied Arabic studies and that he's also a fundamentalist. Were he not a Prof, he would be an ISIS/Boko Haram Commander.
Una no go kill person here grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Ahmeduana(m): 9:12am On Apr 20, 2017
kingphilip:
A lot of things have outlived their relevance in the present day Nigeria...

I'm really very happy I've crossed this hurdle many years ago.. I don't know exactly how I would have coped with these incompetencies prevalent in this Era

May God help all Jambites though and I wish them excellence in case the incompetencies are resolved before then
IF YOU SAY YOU HAVE CROSS THE HURDLE, WHAT ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN? ARE YOU PRAYING FOR THEM TO EXPERIENCE THIS NONSENSICAL SYSTEM OUR EVIL LEADERS FORCE INTO OUR THROAT?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by donefezy: 9:17am On Apr 20, 2017
Lol ASUU at it again..why are people not seeing things from the other perspective. Prof. Oloyede has finally reduce the money that all this institution will make from jambites and nairalanders are slamming him. Nawa for una oh
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 20, 2017
izzou:
Do people voluntarily resign especially in Nigeria?

ASUU better come up with another option
That's just an indirect way of telling him that his time is up or HE's FIRED
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Gassa007: 9:28am On Apr 20, 2017
yvesboss:

Prof Ishaq Akintola studied Islamic studies not Ishaq Oloyede
His tertiary education began at the University of Ilorin in 1978 where he studied Arabic and was awarded a B.A. Arabic (First Class Hons) in 1981.
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by BloodyCrook: 9:29am On Apr 20, 2017
Standardcosting:

You own is legendary
Did you bother ask why the registration was limited to specific places?
In the past, cyber cafes with 50 system capacity would hire 200 to get accreditation, when exams starts they start having problems.
All these cancellation are a result of transforming to a new model which in the end I am certain of its success.
Why would there be accredited centres to register for jamb ? Isn't that a bureaucratic thievery by jamb hierarchy to generate illegal monies.

In the comfort of my living room I can apply and register for a university in Toronto, Canada.

Are you part of the demons sucking the blood of our citizens?

Why won't candidates sit in thier homes and register for jamb instead of having them running over the place killing time they need for preparation of the exams?

Why would jamb still collect token (pin code) to check for results and centres when they can just create login password and username?

You're part of the rusted wheel in our nation train that should be dump in a toxic dumpsite ready for recycling.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Standardcosting(m): 9:34am On Apr 20, 2017
BloodyCrook:
Why would there be accredited centres to register for jamb ? Isn't that a bureaucratic thievery by jamb hierarchy to generate illegal monies.

In the comfort of my living room I can apply and register for a university in Toronto, Canada. Are you part of the demons sucking the blood of our citizens?

Why won't candidates sit in thier homes and register for jamb instead of having them running over the place killing time they need for preparation of the exams!
Why would jamb still collect token (pin code) to check for results and centres when they can just create login password and username.

You're part of rusted while in our nation vehicle that should be dump in a toxic dumpsite ready for recycling.
Yes you can also do your biometric capturing from your living room.
The schools you are applying to when you want to register for IELST and TOEFL you can do their biometric capturing from your kitchen and write their exams from your toilet.
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 20, 2017
okay.
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by BloodyCrook: 9:37am On Apr 20, 2017
Standardcosting:

The schools you are applying to when you want to register for IELST and TOEFL you can do their biometric capturing from your kitchen and write their exams from your toilet.
Now she's deflecting from the issue with uncorrelated subterfuge!

Madam, are you comparing your IELST or TOEFL to a one year valid exam like jamb which is nothing but a worthless bridge to gain admission into the university?

Go and settle your grievance with Mr. Logic

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 20, 2017
Standardcosting:
1Useless ASUU

I don't mean to sound rude but Aunty you don't know what you are saying. Everything ASUU said in this article is the truth.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by samuel900(m): 9:40am On Apr 20, 2017
OLOYEDE MUST GO......JAMB IS NOT UNILORIN
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by airsaylongcon: 9:41am On Apr 20, 2017
Standardcosting:
1Useless ASUU

The bolded is not quite correct. Computer Based Exams are very robust and rarely fail. Especially not for easy-to-mark multiple choice questions. What failed if any was human. A wrong answer guide was provided. That's what failed
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Standardcosting(m): 9:53am On Apr 20, 2017
BloodyCrook:
Now she's deflecting from the issue with uncorrelated subterfuge!

Madam, are you comparing your IELST or TOEFL to a one year valid exam like jamb which is nothing but a worthless bridge to gain admission into the university?

Go and settle your grievance with Mr. Logic
Next time you want to make comparison ask Mr. Logic for help
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by ozoneakoche: 9:57am On Apr 20, 2017
Why do we take pleasure in insulting President? Is a height of illiteracy .Let us learn how to respect elders.Nothing concerns president with the topic,so we should behave ourselves before God will start punishing us
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by TheEminentLaity: 10:09am On Apr 20, 2017
Please ignore that mor.on. Deluded animal with a peanut-sized brain having an opinion. She only speaks for the hand that feeds him.

It seems everything is rocket science in this country, even for the so called professors. From fully operational atms to mundane activities like exam registration. I have assisted in sending applications for admission in over 12 universities abroad for my nephews and siblings but the only hurdle we encounter was trying to get their transcript from their bloody Nigerian universities, even references undecided

I feel sorry for these kids, honestly, many don't even know how much easier and unrestrictive it is to gain an admission overseas than in their own country and some here are still supporting the regressive bottleneck called JAMB. What's wrong in having universities run their admission processes with standards commensurate with their demand?
BloodyCrook:

In the comfort of my living room I can apply and register for a university in Toronto, Canada.

Are you part of the demons sucking the blood of our citizens?

Why won't candidates sit in thier homes and register for jamb instead of having them running over the place killing time they need for preparation of the exams?

Why would jamb still collect token (pin code) to check for results and centres when they can just create login password and username?

You're part of the rusted wheel in our nation train that should be dump in a toxic dumpsite ready for recycling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by bubulistic(m): 10:16am On Apr 20, 2017
Celcius:
Following alleged lopsidedness in the on-going registration of candidates by Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, the Chairman, Academic Staff Union of Universities, (ASUU) University of Ibadan Chapter, Dr Deji Omole has called on the Registrar of JAMB, Professor Ishaq Oloyede to voluntarily resign from office.

The academic union also asked the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu to call the registrar to order to lessen the difficulty being experienced by the candidates.
Dr Omole said the board had outlived its usefulness and the best thing is to scrap it and allow universities design their standard examination for their own candidates.
He noted that the fact that a mock examination was stopped due to logistic reasons underscored the point of alleged incompetence of the Registrar, noting that if candidates could not do mock how sure are they to pass the examination.

He said: “Why will anybody make life difficult for candidates whose parents are struggling to live under the terrible condition the government has made them to live in?"
“Why would somebody introduce changes that are only known by members of the board? We have made case for the scrapping of this body because in the present instance the introduction of different registration procedures has turned candidates to victims of fraud.”while different centres now make business by arranging with private schools who bring all their students in group to come and register while children of the masses look on.”

“This is a failed approach to change and the Registrar admitted this with the cancellation of the mock examination. How can we ensure that the candidates prepare well for the exams when they spend weeks waiting for Personal Identification Number and are at the mercy of registration officers who force them to go to cybercafe where they have arrangements to first create their profile before they can have their PIN”

“This is where people are duping Nigerian children. This is a total failure. Students must have at least three months for registration, its procedure must be open and their options to public universities must not be limited to serve the agenda of the proprietors of private universities”, he argued.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/ASUU-calls-jamb-registrars-resignation/

I see no reason why he should resign.... This year's jamb is very easy and stress free to register... I started mine Tuesday Evening finished Wednesday morning before 12
JAMB Is much more organized than they ever had been before
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by BloodyCrook: 10:33am On Apr 20, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
Please ignore that mor.on. Deluded animal with a peanut-sized brain having an opinion. He only speaks for the hand that feeds him.

It seems everything is rocket science in this country, even for the so called professors. From fully operational atms to mundane activities like exam registration. I have assisted in sending applications for admission in over 12 universities abroad for my nephews and siblings but the only hurdle we encounter was trying to get their transcript from their bloody Nigerian universities, even references undecided

I feel sorry for these kids, honestly, many don't even know how much easier and unrestrictive it is to gain an admission overseas than in their own country and some here are still supporting the regressive bottleneck called JAMB. What's wrong in having universities run their admission processes with standards commensurate with their demand?
A zillion likes for your post.

Her ignorance is embarrassingly uncommon even at the standards of certified imbecilés.

People like her exist for the sole purpose of establishing the parallel doctrine of fallacy.

In a country that needs to be building more schools and technical institutions, the government is putting emphasis on jamb which is nothing but a self-serving, unprogressive institution.

And yet we wonder why our universities aren't globally competitive.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by BloodyCrook: 10:36am On Apr 20, 2017
CeoMYN:

I don't mean to sound rude but Aunty you don't know what you are saying. Everything ASUU said in this article is the truth.
She works with jamb and is only protecting the needless means of survival.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by BloodyCrook: 10:38am On Apr 20, 2017
Standardcosting:

I thought your dumbness was only limited to laughable postulation.

And now you have extended it to using my own words to counter me grin

Your cranium case has more dead cells than braincells.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Luckylife(m): 10:40am On Apr 20, 2017
Standardcosting:

You don't expect things to transform overnight.
There are bound to be itches at the outset. Eventually we would have him to thank for it.

When he started CBT at Unilorin, we had many complains.. Now Almost all schools have adopted the system even this Jamb. Same with E-payment.
Face it Oloyede will perform eventually, not even ASUU, or this court of public opinion will stop him.
A wise Nigerian will call a spade a spade . if he did well in unilorin kudos to him but that dose not mean everything he dose afterwards must be accepted to be perfect , is human can make faulty policies .

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by Celcius: 10:42am On Apr 20, 2017
bubulistic:

I see no reason why he should resign.... This year's jamb is very easy and stress free to register... I started mine Tuesday Evening finished Wednesday morning before 12
JAMB Is much more organized than they ever had been before
For you, and probably few exceptional cases here and there. Generally, the process has been frustrating, giving room for post JAMB demonstration just like the Dibu case, and in this case its worse.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by delishpot: 10:42am On Apr 20, 2017
Not surprised
Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by FA13(m): 10:58am On Apr 20, 2017
Standardcosting:
1Useless ASUU

I am totally sorry for you, either you do not know what you are talking about or just filled with shear prejudice.

How can someone claim this new registrar is doing anything reasonable. He wanted to prove he is doing better but actually doing worse.

We all know (if you know though) before Dibu was appointed, how Jamb was. Results take forever, exam malpractice was highly prevalent. This was greatly reduced to the point you actually have your result immediately and introduction of question-types made copying less effective. Even when there was error in marking (which might be expected for initial stage), it was corrected.

And as for the hours used for exams, how many hours do they use for SAT and the rest? Please find out before saying that the time for the test is too much.

Also, multiple exams were unified (UME and PCE) to UTME to reduce cost.

This new guy is just misdirected. If he doesn't know what to do, he should leave or atleast ask from those that can help.

What I expect him to do is to make the exam standardised like GRE and co. where you can write your exam anytime of the year and there is a percentile ranking to show how you perform compared to others.

We need improvement in every sector in the country, not backward thinking!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by mojeed4(m): 11:02am On Apr 20, 2017
Standardcosting:

This aunty needs help o... cry cry cry
I guess you must be related to a JAMB official or something.. undecided

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls For JAMB Registrar’s Resignation by FA13(m): 11:08am On Apr 20, 2017
Standardcosting:

I did my GRE registration in a couple of minutes in my room (or toilet, whichever you want).

Get a little bit exposed and see how things are done.

Haba.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OAU Speaks On Sudden Death Of Student / Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? / I Scored 283 in JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In Abia State University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.