Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) (48970 Views)

Two Men Kneel Down To Take Pictures With Apostle Suleman In Switzerland(photos) / Illegal Abortion: Stephanie Otobo Petitions Against Apostle Johnson Suleman / "My Daughter Lied Against Apostle Suleman" - Stephanie's Otobo's Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by dragonking3: 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
texazzpete:

At least in Canada she's guaranteed a level playing ground and Justice.

You see court documents in the OP And you're whining about 'fake lawsuit'.
All you man worshipping blasphemers may yet be surprised.
You are an atheist, I understand how you feel tongue tongue
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by linearity: 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Yes. Concrete evidence that Ms Otobo must provide.
If it goes to trial, Suleiman's lawyers will examine the evidence, scrutinize the hell out of it. Some evidence may not be admissible in court even if legit (eg. In a civil suit, a recorded conversation is not admissible if there is no consent from both parties). Legal technicalities is a beast. Having evidence is usually not enough. Like I said, I hope she has copies of the contract she signed with Suleiman.

Not true.

Canada is a one party consent country just like the US (except in the US some states are dual party)...so she can use her secret recordings against him in court as long as she is a party to that conversation.

6 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 5:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ralphlauren:

he cant ignore this case.

Most churches are registered as 'charities'. do not forget that he OWNS a church in Canada which means he is a member of the board of Trustees. this means he is known to the Canadian government/authorities.

A church must be registered in Canada before they can operate.

He collects tithes and offerings from Canadians and his church is subject to the government regulations controlling the activities of 'registered charities' in Canada. every church in Canada must file yearly financial accounts which must document all the money they receive.

The court in Canada has sufficient jurisdiction to hear this case.

The church was not joined in the suit.

Is the church a private enterprise? No. In other words, the church can operate without Suleiman. "He owns a church" is a typicsl Nigerian interpretation of a church but the registration documents will show the structure of the church.

Cases like these are for irritation. The goal is to irritate financial settlement out of the respondent. If it goes to trial, evidence of sexual misconduct is not enough to award damages to Ms Otobo. Lawsuits cost money. Does Ms Otobo have the wherewithal to follow through? Filing a lawsuit is the easiest step.

The court is the arbiter. The court will not manufacture evidence for Otobo. During discoveries, the opposing attorneys will be given the evidence that Ms Otobo filed.
Everyone thought OJ Simpson was guilty until the verdict proved otherwise. You can have all the evidence you want but it must be used to show cause. Real court cases are different from the court drama you watch in television.
\
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Ralphlauren(m): 5:41pm On Apr 20, 2017
komekn:

He actually has nothing to say.

Any buffoon can pursue litigation file a suit to say anything. That's freedom to justice.

Establishing the evidential basis to take it further is another matter. From what I can see she has made a very big mistake.

It may end in her being deported back to Nigeria. I have experienced cases brought forward by Nigerians in England. This is not Nigeria, where the assumption is that any story is credible. If you can't prove something it simple means it did not happen. A

Already there are gaps in her story that have been proven untrue. Once you integrity has been put to question and found wanting from that point anything you say is not credible.

If Sulieman decides to allow his lawyers to take the matter up. All her history in Nigeria will be revealed and substantiated. Generally when it comes to immigration Africans tell multiple lies. Firstly, her age will be established to be untrue quite easily. She is certainly not 23.

I await the drama.

which yeye deportation?

the issue before the courts is the case of sexual assault, harrassment and threat to life.

her immigration status has nothing to do with this case and neither will it be under any scrutiny from the Canadians.

if anything, the fake apostle's activities has given the Canadian government every reason to protect stephanie as it is very clear that the fake apostle is very desperate to kill this case - even if it means sending hired assassins after her to kill her if she steps a foot in Nigeria.

her life is under serious threat and she is not safe at all in nigeria. this is the reason why she is also obtaining a restraining order against the fake apostle stopping him from contacting her directly or indirectly.

7 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by goldedprince: 5:43pm On Apr 20, 2017
Onyeoguego:
Bros wetin you tif?
i didnt tif, i bleeped a useless christian pastor's wife
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 5:43pm On Apr 20, 2017
/
All I can deduce is that a lot of you watch too many TV Court series.
I wish the case will go to trial.
\
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by 2bam: 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
otobo,she is very serious can let go.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by grafitti(m): 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
kennygee:
All I see in that woman is greed.
Hmmmm.....very interesting.
And what about d man in d pix- Suleiman, what do u see? undecided

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Ralphlauren(m): 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
InvertedHammer:

The church was not joined in the suit.

Is the church a private enterprise? No. In other words, the church can operate without Suleiman. "He owns a church" is a typicsl Nigerian interpretation of a church but the registration documents will show the structure of the church.

Cases like these are for irritation. The goal is to irritate financial settlement out of the respondent. If it goes to trial, evidence of sexual misconduct is not enough to award damages to Ms Otobo. Lawsuits cost money. Does Ms Otobo have the wherewithal to follow through? Filing a lawsuit is the easiest step.
\

a church structure of the size of OFM will have a 'beneficial owner' even as a 'registered charity'.

i am sure the fake apostle made himself the Chairman of the board of Trustees which makes him fully accountable for the activities of the church and fully involved in the activities of the church.

stephanie is a canadian citizen and she can request for legal aid.
for a serious case where there is threat to life, sexual harrassment and abuse, she wont struggle to get her application for legal aid accepted.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by koboko69: 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
komekn:

He actually has nothing to say.

Any buffoon can pursue litigation file a suit to say anything. That's freedom to justice.

Establishing the evidential basis to take it further is another matter. From what I can see she has made a very big mistake.

It may end in her being deported back to Nigeria. I have experienced cases brought forward by Nigerians in England. This is not Nigeria, where the assumption is that any story is credible. If you can't prove something it simple means it did not happen. A

Already there are gaps in her story that have been proven untrue. Once you integrity has been put to question and found wanting from that point anything you say is not credible.

If Sulieman decides to allow his lawyers to take the matter up. All her history in Nigeria will be revealed and substantiated. Generally when it comes to immigration Africans tell multiple lies. Firstly, her age will be established to be untrue quite easily. She is certainly not 23.

I await the drama.

You have said rubbish!

5 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by iykenathan162(m): 5:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
Even if i promised you marriage because i wanted to go down there, and letter discoverd you are not what i taught initially.

Does it mean you will sue me?Do we even have any agreement in the first....?
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
InvertedHammer:
/
All I can deduce is that a lot of you watch too many TV Court series.
I wish the case will go to trial.
\
That is why l dont want to engage some posters on here, once the case gets to trial you will see that a masquerade dances better in the day time than night , several posters here have already condemned & mobbed the Apostle to death . Lol, Keyamo has decided to be quiet and probably wash his hands off because he knows the case is not worth pursuing and the otobo girl cant afford the fee for the whole process, but hey this is Nairaland where stones can be thrown and someone will be found guilty online even before the court hear the case, like you say, many on here have watched many Judge Judy court series grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ralphlauren:

a church structure of the size of OFM will have a 'beneficial owner' even as a 'registered charity'.

i am sure the fake apostle made himself the Chairman of the board of Trustees which makes him fully accountable for the activities of the church and fully involved in the activities of the church.

stephanie is a canadian citizen and she can request for legal aid.
for a serious case where there is threat to life, sexual harrassment and abuse, she wont struggle to get her application for legal aid accepted.

You keep mentioning OFM. Are you manufacturing defendants? Suleiman is being sued in his personal capacity but your bias against Suleiman wouldn't let you deal with facts.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by jomoh: 5:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
Moneyyy:
Is the Apostle living in Canada? Do Canadian courts have jurisdiction in Nigeria? This girl is funny and has a mission.

As long as he is a legal resident of Canada, he is under the court's jurisdiction. Of which he is cos if he isn't a legal resident, he won't have a residential address while still not in their country. They would've thrown out the case for lack of jurisdiction.

Suleiman may be in real trouble for this.

4 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Koolking(m): 5:59pm On Apr 20, 2017
mrborntodoit:
Apostle no dey live for Canada, make she come file suit for Nigeria grin

The prophet has a residence permit and a registered office in Canada, therefore he does business in Canada and is legally subjected to Canadian laws. Omega Fire Ministries is also registered in Canada. It can sue and be sued within Canada.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by onadana: 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2017
[quote author=tintingz post=55749438]Ghen ghen!

The battle is on.

For Canada supreme Court to file charges on Apostle Sule, there are evidences on ground, Canada is not corrupt like Nigeria where our police can lick shít for money.

Bob...you need visit eye center ooo. ..where you see Supreme Court. Abi dem tell you say you go just waka go file case for Supreme Court.

2 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by felixomor: 6:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
Semper247:

See one of them, senseless people occupying cyber space.

They can't even reason any longer..... Irredeemably senseless

That guy is more educated than u.
Sorry.
You couldn't counter any of his point.

Only to insult.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by chiraqDemon(m): 6:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
Yeeee
500 metres
Why u mor just say make him go mars leave u make u dey earth
So what if d guy dey supermarket and she waka enter d same suoermarket, na make d guy run comot to maintain distance b that?
This restraining order thing de confuse me sometimes cos the person wey get d order against u fit de come within distance nust to get u in trouble
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by back2sender: 6:04pm On Apr 20, 2017
space007:
though this issue has gone to rest.....
Rest for where??
Alfa Sule will be afraid to leave Nigeria like KASHAMU because any attempt he will be NABBED and taken to CANADA shikena to face justice.
Anyway i have booked a sit in Igbosere court to witness the April 25,2017 court case as it starts.
Meanwhile in south africa another Alfa Sule declared wanted by south african police for fuccking church members.
Where are the goat members of Alfa Sule? Una boss don enter another soup for CANADA.

3 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by grafitti(m): 6:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
mike1994reds:

How many lawsuit you don see for naija Wey get ending, na to dey adjourn dem abi, yeye country with yeye peoplw
Chuksonyeike:
Enough of this slut's news.We have better things to deal with now
Marcofranz:
The LovePeddler should give it a rest already. Its stale.

Hian! d "love peddler" yarned, una say "Ta dia, all talk, no evidence", she provide evidence upon evidence una say, " Ta, if u are saying d truth why not go 2 court " . Now wey she don go court una say ,"Ta, this matter is stale" grin

7 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by chiraqDemon(m): 6:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
Sexual abuse kwa?
All the stories she told us b4 she never mentioned abuse of any kind. She was always saying that d man is so sweet and kind n caring so how did he assault her in the middle of all that n she did not say it
Sha me im still waiting for the end of this naija film
The name go be
Touch not my prophet

On africa magic the info go read

A dedicated man of God gets into trouble when he is falsely accused of sexual relations by a marine woman grin

Abeg all these irrelevant news, abeg when is dollar dropping to 20 naira

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 20, 2017
lool, na dem sabi grin
back2sender:

Rest for where??
Alfa Sule will be afraid to leave Nigeria like KASHAMU because any attempt he will be NABBED and taken to CANADA shikena to face justice.
Anyway i have booked a sit in Igbosere court to witness the April 25,2017 court case as it starts.
Meanwhile in south africa another Alfa Sule declared wanted by south african police for fuccking church members.
Where are the goat members of Alfa Sule? Una boss don enter another soup for CANADA.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by oyienootieno: 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
tintingz:
Ghen ghen!

The battle is on.

For Canada Superior Court to file charges on Apostle Sule, there are evidences on ground, Canada is not corrupt like Nigeria where our police can lick shít for money.

Nigeria is a corrupt country, the best way for Otobo to get justice is through foreign court, the same reason Dino Melaye dare not challenge Sahara reporters in U.S court, na mouth him get.

Wisdom displayed...

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by tinz: 6:15pm On Apr 20, 2017
Truth be told. Most of these pastors and so called men of God as they claim.commits atrrocities for more than Nigeria politicians. I have seen lot of them do this.
That how one Catholic father comes to a hotel I ones work few years back in v.i. always in a haste wit his slut so as not to be seen. In a where justice is served. By all evidence tendered. Sulieman should by now be jailed for investing people's money in a bank that guarantees no interest a.k.a otodo

4 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
mumu girl why did she not file the suit in nigeria? The apostle isnt obliged to respond to the case because it is out of the courts jurisdiction.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
mrborntodoit:

We all know our lawyers are useless and the judiciary system is messed up. They'll prefer to punish her because she's a hoe than to pass the right judgment.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by oyienootieno: 6:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
Chuksonyeike:
Enough of this slut's news.We have better things to deal with now

We have to deal with issues one after the other.. you don't necessarily have to be part of this one...

3 Likes

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 6:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
mrborntodoit:

No be only Nigeria where apostle will buy all the judges, You Keyamo and co no know how things run here...

Please am still waiting for Dino Melaye to go sue SR in New York oo

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Mojibola(m): 6:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
This is like the story of the dog aspiring to catch the monkey, apparently she has some major backup. It seems Apostle has stepped on toes, unforgiving ones.
Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by linearity: 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
InvertedHammer:
/
Let me see how the process server will serve him.

What jurisdiction does the court in Canada have over this case?

For those who don't know, anyone can stroll into a court house, fill the forms, get a case number and voila! Court case. No big deal. Yes. It is that easy. You can finish filing a lawsuit before some people could finish filling JAMB forms. No lawyer(s) needed. I believe her aim is for out of court settlement. She is taking the extortion gimmick too far.

I hope she has duly signed contracts between two of them.

LOL.
\\

Canada have jurisdiction, both personal and subject matter jurisdiction; and the court will have jurisdiction to hear the case, if it can assert either, but in this case they have both...Canada have subject matter jurisdiction because, the plaintiff alleged that part of the allegations were committed within Canadian territory...Canada can also assert personal jurisdiction, because the defendant own properties in Canada.

This is a civil case, she does not need iron clad evidence. She does not need to proof beyond a reasonable doubt to sustain her claims...she only need to prove by a preponderance of evidence, which is a lesser proof burden and threshold. In a proof requiring only preponderance of evidence, to sustain their claim on each count, the plaintiff need only proof either through her testimony or evidence that the defendant 'more than likely' committed the allegation.

Also remember, there are 16 allegations against the Pastor, so even if she could not prove 1, there are 15 mor; and base on the evidences out there, it is doubtful if at least one or two of the charges will not stick. And if only one charge sticks, that will negate all of the Pastor's innocence and pronouncements that, he had never met her and was only sending her money out of the kindness of his heart.

As much as it is nice to always have a signed contract...you don't need a dully signed contract for it to be enforceable in a law court. Majority of contracts out there are oral contracts, it is up to the Judge to decide who is more believable...and sometimes duly signed contracts are not enforceable, you have to look at the content and the circumstance surrounding it.

No one, including the Pastor should take any court case with levity, any false move you are gone and I believe the Pastor will address this with the ultimate seriousness that it deserves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Codes151(m): 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
Foolish bloggers should stop calling this girl Nigerian songstress! Haba

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Otobo Files $5m Suit Against Apostle Suleman In Canada (Photos) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 20, 2017
gbegemaster:
I don't know it is done in Canada but here in Nigeria you must serve physically.

You cannot drop it at the persons house.

Canada's system is quite similar to the US system. In the US, you can serve a person by mail sef.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Brother Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Protests In Ibadan(pics) / How Pastor Jerry Eze Became One Of The Biggest Nigerian Pastors On Youtube - CNN / Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.