Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Supersport Terminates $34 Million NPFL Broadcast Deal ? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Supersport Terminates $34 Million NPFL Broadcast Deal ? (500 Views)

Multichoice Mulls Dropping EPL, UEFA Broadcast Rights / Supersport Stops Broadcast Of Live NPFL Games / Coventry City FC Terminates Yakubu Aiyegbeni's Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supersport Terminates $34 Million NPFL Broadcast Deal ? by cheapgoals(m): 4:46pm On Apr 20, 2017
According to reports Top South African sports channel, SuperSport is said to have terminated a contract deal with the League Management Company (LMC) of the Nigerian Professional Football League.

The development comes weeks after Supersport took a similar decision in Kenya, terminating a ten-year business deal with the Kenyan Premier League. Soka25east.com announced on Wednesday that the decision means the nation’s topflight league won’t be broadcast live by the Sports channel.

Review in 2015, an arrangement between the LMC and Supersport supposedly worth about $34 million was marked by both sides and to end in 2019.

READ MORE ON

http://cheapgoals.com/supersport-terminates-npfl-broadcast-deal/
Re: Supersport Terminates $34 Million NPFL Broadcast Deal ? by fiftynaira(m): 4:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
For is a good move for our local stations to start airing our league
Re: Supersport Terminates $34 Million NPFL Broadcast Deal ? by nerodenero: 5:25pm On Apr 20, 2017
fiftynaira:
For is a good move for our local stations to start airing our league
It is supposed to be a good news but our local stations lack the capacity to even air a match being played at their backyard let alone that in a far distance.

Effect: Referee's' assault would be on the increase, no away victories again, visiting teams will be intimidated on and off the field, loss of confidence by sponsors, team owners and players, league will lose its general credibility.

I think the league should take a break to restructure because what we have isn't a real professional league.
Re: Supersport Terminates $34 Million NPFL Broadcast Deal ? by fiftynaira(m): 5:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
nerodenero:
It is supposed to be a good news but our local stations lack the capacity to even air a match being played at their backyard let alone that in a far distance.

Effect: Referee's' assault would be on the increase, no away victories again, visiting teams will be intimidated on and off the field, loss of confidence by sponsors, team owners and players, league will lose its general credibility.

I think the league should take a break to restructure because what we have isn't a real professional league.

I totally agree with you.

I am one of the few who root and follow up our local league and I will advice the government to completely exit from having a club under there care let's have private individuals pump cash into the system I bet the issues u raised above will be brought to a stop. Because a more private venture is sustainable than the so called government owned ventures

(1) (Reply)

Re: Manchester United Sympathize With The Family Of Calabar Electrocution Victim / Youths Urge Joshua To Build Gym In Sagamu / Scammer Site Expose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.